• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 2,563 Views, 226 Comments

Is Love Worth It? - Aura Zero



A sad story about love, and if a certain dragon will ever find it...

  • ...
8
 226
 2,563

The Drive...

As Spike walks in the school, he instantly notices that all eyes are on him. More specifically, him and the dates that sandwich him.

"Is that Spike? The princess' assistant?" Spike looks and sees a colt he remembers being called Featherweight speaking.

"Whoa, he managed to get two mares for the dance? How lucky." Snails says next to him.

"And it's with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? How'd he manage to do that?" Snips adds after with a frown.

A few other whispers of awe and praise are heard as he proceeds further into the dance room and he blushes slightly at all the attention. He spots a seat and leads his dates to it.

He then pulls a seat out at the table for Diamond. She climbs in and he pushes the chair in.

"What about my chair?" Silver says.

Spike quickly walks over and pulls her chair out as well. "Here ya go."

She climbs onto it as well and gets comfortable before he slides her in as well.

"Thank you Spike." She says with a nod towards him.

Spike then hops up in a third seat and situates himself before smiling awkwardly at his dates.

Uh, what am I supposed to do now? Spike ponders, having no idea as this is his first school dance.

"Ahem!" Diamond clears her throat, getting Spike's attention.

"Yes, Diamond?" Spike snaps to attention.

"Aren't you going to get us some snacks?" Diamond says impatiently.

"Oh! Right! Be right back!" Spike then hops down and rushes to the snack table.

When he gets there, he notices quite the assortment of treats and three kinds of punch in different bowls. He gets to work and starts to make three plates of snacks.

"Hey Spike!"

Spike turns and sees three colts walking over to him.

"Sup guys. Featherweight, right? We never met."

The colt nods, a camera dangling over his white suit with a black tie.

"Hey Spike, how'd ya get so lucky and get a date to the dance with two fillies?" Snips says wearing a dark green suit with a spotted orange tie.

"Yeah, and with Diamond and Silver too!" Snails says with a frown. He is wearing a light blue suit with a striped green tie and a green fedora.

Seeing him with the hat makes Spike glad he didn't wear his as he speaks up and shrugs. "I'm just as surprised as you guys. I came here thinking I was going to have one date with Diamond, but then it turns out to be two when I get here."

"You are so lucky..." Snails grumbles.

"Don't you three have dates too?" Spike asks as he looks at them.

Featherweight nods. "Yeah. My date is in the fillies room right now."

The other two look down with a frown. "Well we did..." Snips starts.

"But they changed their minds. So we just decided to come as buds." Snails finishes.

Spike frowns at that. I hope their dates aren't who I think they are...

"Spike!"

Spike is greeted by a surprised looking Scootaloo as she comes over.

"Hey Scoots." Spike waves at her.

She frowns at him. "Since when did you start talking to those two?" She points toward his dates.

Spike rubs his neck sheepishly. "Well, today actually. I ran into Diamond earlier today, literally, and she asked me to be her date. And you know about Silver. You were there after all."

Scootaloo merely frowns at that. "Whatever. I wouldn't get too close with them if I were you." She says as she starts to make two plates of snacks.

Spike looks at her. "Why do you say that? And where is Rumble? Shouldn't he be with you?"

Scootaloo grunts. "Ugh, don't even mention his name right now. He immediately went to 'hang out' with his colt friends when we got inside." She says with quite a bit of irritation.

Spike frowns. "I don't know what you see in that guy..."

Scootaloo balances the two plates between her small wings as she turns and sighs. "Sometimes...I don't either..."

Spike watches her leave for a moment with a frown. He then turns and grabs his plates, deciding to head back to his dates. "Later guys." He says to the three colts before heading back to the table.

He notices the two mares are chatting. Diamond has a hoof that is resting on Silver's as she speaks, however when they notice him, she pulls away quickly.

Spike raises a brow but shrugs it off as he gets close and puts their plates down. "Here ya go ladies. Didn't know what you liked so I got one of each."

"Oooh cupcakes." Silver says as she digs in happily.

Spike sits down and digs in as well. He only got a few treats for himself and finishes them rather quickly. As he finishes, he overhears a song come on that he enjoys and decides to dance. He notices his dates seem to be finished as well. He hops up and extends a claw to both of them.

"Would you two ladies like to dance?" He asks a little nervously.

Diamond nods. "Good idea Spike."

"I'm not that great at dancing." Silver says shyly.

Spike smiles. "It's okay. Just have fun."

She giggles slightly as she grabs his claw and Diamond does the same as he leads them to the dance floor. He notices a few others already dancing. He sees Scootaloo dancing happily, along with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. He smiles at that but frowns when he sees Rumble off to the side with three other colts laughing and talking.

He ignores them and turns to his dates. He taps a claw and nods his head to the music getting into it. He notices Diamond swaying to the music as well.

"I love this song!" Diamond says happily as she grooves to the beat. "Are you gonna dance? Or is that all you got dragon?" She looks at him challengingly.

Spike smirks. "Oh you haven't seen anything yet!"

Spike then put his hands to the floor and twists his body before he spins on his back and does a pose when he stops. The two mares stare at him in surprise before he hops up and dances some more. He spins on his claws before stopping and doing the splits. He stands up again before starting to glide backwards, his claws moving smoothly like he is walking.

The mares and a few others stare in awe. "That dragon can dance..." Silver says in surprise.

Spike then hops over and pulls Silver to him. "Let's dance Silver! Move that flank!"

She blushes slightly before grooving to the beat as well. She seems to be enjoying herself as she let loose and dances more. Diamond dances as well and they both bump flanks as they dance as Spike glides across the floor again having fun. All the while, Spike having one great thought on his mind.

Best dance ever.