• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 2,554 Views, 226 Comments

Is Love Worth It? - Aura Zero



A sad story about love, and if a certain dragon will ever find it...

  • ...
8
 226
 2,554

The Transfer...

After a small amount of walking, coupled with thoughts about his best friend, Spike soon reaches the gates to Sweet Apple Acres. As he stands in front of the gates, a small pang of sorrow hits him as he remembers what happened earlier today. He takes a deep breath, calming his nerves before walking towards the barn. He gets to the door and knocks twice.

"Ah'll get It!" Spike hears the younger Apple say on the other side of the door, making him hesitate a little. However, he straightens up before the door starts to open.

Apple Bloom opens the door, sees Spike, and freezes on the spot. "S-Spike?"

Spike smiles and waves awkwardly. "H-Hey Apple Bloom."

"Uh, h-hi." She says hesitantly, looking everywhere but at the drake.

For a moment, the two remain quiet. Luckily, another Apple comes to the door soon after.

"Who is it Apple Bl- Oh, howdy Spike. Ah'm guessing ya came back for the picnic supplies." Applejack says, breaking the rather awkward moment.

Spike nods quickly at that. "Y-Yeah! I came to pick them up since we left so quickly.."

Applejack waves a hoof dismissively. "Say no more partner. Ah have it all ready to go inside. Come on in." She says before moving aside to let him in. Apple Bloom does the same, but with her head down.

Spike walks in and notices the supplies neatly folded and stacked; ready to be returned home. "Thanks Applejack. I'll just grab this stuff and get out of your mane."

As he grabs the supplies, he walks back towards the door but doesn't get to leave before Applejack speaks up again.

"Now hold on there Sugarcube."

Spike pauses and turns to her. "Yeah, Applejack?"

Spike notices Applejack tap her sister, making her jump. She looks at Applejack, then sighs and looks at him.

"Listen Spike, Ah didn't mean any harm with what Ah said earlier..." Apple Bloom starts.

"It's okay Apple Bloom. I forgave you already." Spike interrupts, surprising her.

"Really?" She says as she looks at him stunned.

Spike nods with a smile. "Yeah. Honestly, I shouldn't have been that mad in the first place. After all, you can't help how you feel right?"

Apple Bloom pauses, but soon smiles and nods. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks for understanding Spike. So, friends?"

Spike places the supplies down and holds out a claw into a fist. "Always."

Apple Bloom then proceeds to hoof bump him in response. "Great. Ah'm glad that's over with. Yer a cool dragon Spike."

Spike smiles. "Thanks! Well I have to head out now. Twilight may need my help with her project. I'll see you guys later!"

"Take care Sugarcube." Applejack says with a smile.

"See ya Spike!" Apple Bloom says while she waves at him as he leaves with the supplies.

Soon, Spike is out of Sweet Apple Acres and heading through town towards the castle. As he is walking, someone calls his name.

"Hey Spike!"

Spike turns and sees Silver Spoon walking over from a park. He also notices Diamond Tiara with her as well, making him frown slightly.

"Oh, hi Silver Spoon." Spike says to her, however doesn't say anything to Diamond.

Diamond frowns at that. "What, no "hi" for me?"

Spike looks up in mock thought before replying, "Nah."

Diamond huffs at that. "Why you- And here I am trying to apologize."

Spike lays his supplies down and crosses his arms. "Well, considering you used me to hide the fact you two are dating, I'm surprised I haven't ignored you altogether."

Diamond merely stares at him angrily. "Well, no offense, but that's the only reason a pony would ever be fine with dating a fire breathing dragon in the first place."

Hearing that stings, but makes Spike angry as well. However, Silver Spoon speaks up before him.

"Actually, from how you are acting right now Diamond, I'd rather date him than you." She says to Diamond with an annoyed frown.

Hearing that surprises them both, Spike growing a small blush at that. "W-What? Are you serious?" Diamond asks stunned.

Silver Spoon nods. "Dead serious. We came up to him for you to apologize and instead you insult him again Diamond. At least Spike is a kind and forgiving dragon."

Diamond frowns at that and storms off angrily. Spike speaks up on it. "Wow, thanks Silver Spoon."

She smiles at him. "You're welcome Spike. Sorry about Diamond. I called you over so she can apologize. But I guess that even apologizing is hard for her."

Spike looks at the angry mare as she stomps away. "I wonder what made you decide to date her."

Silver Spoon looks at her as well. "She's not always like this...well, not with me anyways. I've known her for so long and we've always watched each other's back. But now I'm starting to realize how she acts with others. I'm trying to get her to change, but it's not going so well."

Spike looks at Silver Spoon and notices a loving, but concerned look about her. He sighs. "I'll talk to her."

And with that, he heads toward a bench that she sat on. When she notices him coming over, she turns her nose up and away from him. For a split second, Spike wants to just turn around and forget it, but remembering what Silver Spoon said earlier makes him keep going.

As he gets to the bench, he sits on it next to her.

She speaks up. "What do YOU want? I thought you weren't going to talk to me."

Spike decides to ignore her harsh tone. "Listen, I apologize for what I said. I should have said hi to you as well."

At hearing that, Diamond calms down, but still doesn't look at him. "You should have...and for what it's worth, I apologize for my actions."

Spike smiles slightly. "Apology accepted."

For a moment, neither says anything to the other. Spike decides to speak up.

"Ya know, you're pretty lucky."

At that, Diamond turns to look at him. "And why is that?"

Spike looks towards the other mare a distance away taking a look at his picnic supplies. "Because you have somepony that really cares about you."

Diamond looks at her as well. Soon, she speaks. "Yeah, sometimes I think that too."

Spike looks at Diamond and sees a small smile on her face. It's the first time he has actually seen her smile genuinely. "Huh, you're actually pretty cute when you smile for real."

Diamond blushes and looks at him indignantly. "Don't try to flirt with me mister! I'm already taken!" She says before she jumps off the bench and starts to walk away. However, she stops and looks back.

"But...thanks for the compliment. Maybe I was wrong about you Spike."

And with that, she walks away towards Silver Spoon. Spike smiles and gets up as well. He notices the two chatting for a moment before Diamond kisses her on the cheek, surprising him. He decides to stop watching them and grabs the picnic supplies before heading back to the castle. Although, he does go to his thoughts as he walks home.

I wonder if Twilight looks at me like Silver Spoon looks at Diamond...

Comments ( 16 )

8120791
But at the same time, they were all taught that dragons were scary creatures, even Twilight at a time...until they each met Spike of course.:moustache:

Yeah more please.

So this turning into a spilight story by the looks of it.

8121765
Your answer for that is here.:twilightsmile:
6352619

I think we got that answer in the first chapter, unless I'm mistaken. Good chapter and nice update.:moustache:

8121947 oh, ok then, this is going to be intresting

this chapter reminded me of those shining moments in which spike's wise aptitude is show in the series; also, it showed how strong spike is, since a dragons are depicted in the series for being an easy prey for the seven capitals sins. I mean just look at the guy, two of his friends showed a level of hate and/or fear towards him just because he was a dragon, and what does the little guy did? he let out a little cry, got back up, and instead or making a well deserved havoc, he forgiven them instead.

Really good chapter patner, i will be glad if this continues :ajsmug:

8122003
Thanks! I intend to keep updating this one.:twilightsmile:

8122081
Spike is wise in so many ways, and I'm just glad to depict him in the finer moments. :moustache:

Oh and don't worry, I will keep updating this story. :twilightsmile:

8122041

Look forward to it. :rainbowdetermined2:

Buck yeah an update...and do go on. Wondering if this might just be Spilight now....hmmm...anything great job. Very mature for Spike.

8120937 Very true, this is why I love Spike and Momlestia.

8311460
Finishing the next chapter now.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment