• Published 15th Jun 2015
  • 3,795 Views, 22 Comments

Drop the Act - Lvl11Bard



After several duels between Twilight and Trixie, the blue showmare decides that it's time for the two to stop pretending to be rivals and let their love blossom. Twilight does not know what she's talking about.

  • ...
7
 22
 3,795

Drop the Act

On the outskirts of Ponyville, flashes of light could be seen accompanied by the sounds of spells being cast. Far enough from the town to avoid any collateral damage, a daring, talented and beautiful unicorn was currently locked in an epic magical duel against Equestria's most stubborn alicorn. Even though the alicorn got lucky in their previous duels, the stunning and clever unicorn, also known as the great and powerful Trixie, was sure that she would overcome this foe and earn her title as the most powerful unicorn to exist, which of course she already knew, but for some reason, this alicorn seemed to want to deny her her glory. Dodging this way and that, Trixie barely avoided the intense magical blasts while returning her own equally fierce incantations.

Twilight yawned as she teleported out of the way of another one of Trixie's spells. The young princess stretched a kink out of her wing before lazily launching another volley at her so called rival. After the Alicorn Amulet incident, Trixie reappeared shortly after, demanding a rematch with Twilight. Thankfully, Trixie seemed a tad more humble this time and after some talking, even started to get along with the residents of Ponyville. The only problem now was her need to beat Twilight in magic. At first, Twilight happily accepted, always eager to find an excuse to practice magic. However, Twilight was already much more advanced than Trixie, and with her new alicorn power, the duel was very one sided and ended quickly. Twilight felt bad at first, but after seeing Trixie's smug grin followed by a hasty retreat, Twilight managed to forgive herself.

Unfortunately for the Princess of Friendship, that was not the end of it. While Trixie proved to be a much better pony by putting on shows for foals, doing good deeds and becoming a regular resident of the town, her merits were trailed by constant demands for another duel. Every. Single. Day.

At first, Twilight believed that Trixie was training herself to be a better magician and testing out new tricks, but after the first dozen duels, she learned otherwise. Trixie did not try out any new spells or any new tactic. It was just the same thing over and over again. Twilight wondered why Trixie even bothered when the outcome was the same thing each time. These duels were nothing more than a tedious chore now, but Trixie always seemed eager each time and left just as smug as she arrived. Twilight finished her pondering of the last couple of months and decided to end the duel. Timing Trixie's movements, Twilight let out a blast just strong enough to daze her opponent. The spell met it's mark and Trixie tumbled to the ground.

“There. Are we done now?” Twilight asked with a sigh.

Trixie shook the fuzz from her head and stood up with a smirk. “Yes. I believe that is enough for today. The Great and Powerful Trixie congratulates you on your victory, but don't think that you'll-”

“Be that lucky next time. Yeah, yeah, I know,” Twilight rolled her eyes. “Now if you'll excuse me, I have some cleaning up to do at the castle.”

“Very well, Trixie bids you farewell,” Trixie waved as she trotted off.

The showmare did her own pondering during the fight and resumed her deep thoughts after departing from the fierce competitor. While it was safe to assume that their legendary battles would be the talk of Ponyville for decades to come, Trixie knew that she couldn't keep up with the act for much longer. It was fun for a while, but Trixie could see the pain etched on Twilight's face and knew something had to be done. Also, since the meek alicorn would never have the courage to say anything herself, it was up to Trixie to make the first move. And so, it was decided that Trixie would confront Twilight and end the poor princess' pain.

The sun shown at high noon the next day, providing light and warmth to Ponyville's castle, were its residing princess had invited her friends over for a nice lunch. The mares chatted and laughed around the map of Equestria while chewing on daffodil sandwiches when a loud knocking interrupted their peaceful meal.

“Oh, I'll go see who that is,” Twilight announced as she rose from her throne.

She trotted over to the door and opened it with a grin that was soon replaced with an annoyed frown.

“Greetings, Sparkle,” Trixie nodded in the alicorn's direction.

“Ugh, Trixie, can we not do this today?” Twilight asked with a hint of desperation.

“I couldn't agree with you more,” Trixie declared proudly.

“I mean, wait... You Couldn't!?” Twilight asked with surprise.

“Yes, I know we've had our fun and all, but I believe that it is time to cast away this charade and embrace our growing love!” Trixie declared with a determined look in her eye.

“Well I'm glad that you finally settled d- Wait, WHAT!?!?” Twilight reeled back, her cheeks now red.

By this time, Twilight's friends had come to see what was holding her up and started to watch the seen. Trixie wrapped a hoof around Twilight's shoulders and pulled her close.

“But of course, my dear Sparkle. There is no need to hide our love now. This rivalry is so pointless when we could be spending our time in each others arms.”

“I, er, um, but what about your quest to become the most powerful unicorn to ever live?” Twilight asked, trying to wriggle her way out of the unicorns grasp.

“Please Twilight, we both know those duels were excuses to spend time together and stare at each others incredible beauty and luscious flanks,” Trixie glanced at Twilight with half lidded eyes.

“You were staring at my what?” Twilight suddenly became very self conscious about her body.

It didn't help that she could hear Rainbow Dash laughing and Applejack whistling. Twilight turned to see if she could get any assistance from her friends, but Rarity and Fluttershy were watching with glazed over eyes as if this were some soap opera and Pinkie Pie looked as if she were already drawing up plans for a party.

“Well, um, Trixie, I'm flattered, but-” a hoof was put to Twilight's mouth.

“Oh Sparkle,” Trixie chuckled, “no need to be so shy. Where is that confident, alluring mare that shows when I let you win our duels?”

“Alluring?” Twilight squeaked before realizing what was said. “Wait, let me win? You're saying that you threw those matches?”

Trixie blinked at Twilight's angry glare before smirking. “But of course. We have a connection Sparkle and I could tell how much you love to dominate. And so I wanted to show you how sacrificing I could be out in the field,” Trixie leaned into whisper. “Or in the bedroom.”

That comment was enough to derail any anger Twilight held, her whole face beat red now as she slipped out of Trixie's grasp. Twilight backed up a few steps and sweated nervously. Sure, Trixie was undeniably attractive and she was saying things that nopony ever said to twilight before, but the princess never thought about relationships before and quite frankly, this is the most intimidated she's ever been of Trixie, including the time the showmare was possessed by an evil artifact. She would need at least a couple of days to research before she could even think of attempting what Trixie was purposing.

“Eh hehe, uh, T-Trixie, I have a lot to think about right n-now, and while I'm not c-completely opposed to the idea, I think what's b-best right now is if you give me some time to come to terms with my, er, f-feelings. Yeah, feelings.” Twilight smiled nervously.

Trixie cocked her head for a moment, but then smiled broadly. “Oh, I understand now, Twilight.”

“You do?” Twilight asked hopefully.

“Yep. You're tired of our game and now you want me to properly pursue you.”

“I what?” The colour drained from twilight's face.

Trixie stalked closer with a sway in her step. “That's right. I got what you mean and I'm more than willing to hunt. The question is. Are you ready to be hunted?”

Twilight's eyes dilated as Trixie pressed their faces together. “Um...”

“Run,” Trixie whispered.

Twilight took off towards the interior of the castle, completely forgetting her ability to fly. Not a second went by before Trixie took up the chase, giggling the whole time. Every few seconds, the rest of the mares watched as a frantic Twilight ran by followed by predatory looking Trixie.

“Should we be helping her?” Appljack asked.

“No!” Fluttershy shouted before receding behind her mane with a whimper. “I mean, Trixie isn't doing anything harmful and I think we should see how this plays out.”

“I couldn't agree more, Darling,” Rarity added ad the two ran by once again.

The went on for another minute until Twilight entered the entry chamber again and tripped over her own hooves. She could barely register what happened when Trixie pounced, pinning the princess to the floor and started planting kisses on Twilight's neck. The other girls practically see steam spewing from Twilight's ears.

“Trixie, please, the others are watching,” Twilight pleaded, now forgetting that she could easily remove the unicorn from her with her magic.

Trixie looked up at their spectators and smiled sheepishly. “Ah, I see.”

The blue unicorn stood up and helped Twilight up as well. “It seems that I have gotten ahead of myself,” Trixie started, “but that is no reason to delay. I saw the bedroom during our chase. I'll go wait in there while you explain to your friends why your love needs to be expressed as soon as possible.”

Trixie winked as she trotted off to the bed room. Twilight looked to her friends, and while Rarity and Fluttershy looked disappointed, the other could barely contain their snickering. Twilight's face was burning as she walked up to her friends, her eyes on the ground the whole time. Applejack was first to calm down and smiled to her friend. “Well, here's yer chance to escape. You can hide out at Sweet Apple Acres if y'like.”

“Actually, I, um... I'm going to, um, check on Trixie... in my room...” Twilight replied without lifting her gaze.

The others gave each other knowing looks before heading out. “Well I suppose I could tease you about it later,” Rainbow Dash commented as she began to leave.

“And I have a celebration party to plan,” Pinkie bounced afterwards.

“I expect all of the juicy details later,” Rarity called back as she left with the others.

The door closed and Twilight took a moment to compose herself. The day certainly took a turn she wasn't expecting, but it wasn't necessarily a bad one. With one final sigh, Twilight started to trot to her bedroom.

“Well Trixie, you win this one.”

Comments ( 22 )

Just in case a Soundproofing spell should be casted.

“Well I suppose I could tease you about it later,” Rainbow Dash commented as she began to leave.

“And I have a celebration party to plan,” Pinkie bounced afterwards.

“I expect all of the juicy details later,” Rarity called back as she left with the others.

"And I couldn't give fewer fucks about what you two do in the castle where I'm supposed to live, since I'm apparently too much for this stupid author to remember," said Spike as he juggled six flaming gerbils while practicing his tightrope walking.

6095921 I really hoped that this was part of the actual story. Darn.

6096172 To be honest, I was tempted to edit it into the story.

6096178 It would've added a nice dose of randomness, but it also would have taken away from the plot. I love that line, but this story is great as it is. Good job.

6095921 I really don't care for Spike and kinda choose to ignore him, but I like your portrayal of him.

6095851 But then how are Rarity and Fluttershy supposed to listen in?

6096244 I was worried about Spike.

Silly and cute. I like it.

This is so silly, but yet so good. I love it :derpytongue2:

6096356 nobody care about spike, not even spike himself

6096356 What Vlaarith said.
6096614

6096240

Don't let anyone pressure you into tacking Spike onto a story that has no focus on him. You'll quickly find there's a fairly large cult dedicated to Spike on this site, due to too many people projecting themselves onto the character and thus take offense at any story where he's not present just because he conceivably could be. They'll whip up any reasoning, and get more and more ridiculous if you entertain their disagreements. I remember one time there was a cluster of about five people bitching about a lack of Spike on a Vinyltavia shipfic set in Manehattan. Likewise, most don't seem to realize or care that Spike is not a main character (canon references: Just for Sidekicks, and Slice of Life), and that most stories don't mention or prominently feature characters who do not add to the story in some way - so what they're actually arguing is that you didn't give Spike a meaningful part and make him a main focus of the story, in truth.

They will spin such lies and broken logic to sound justified. Resist, I say! No one can tell you to add a character to a story you don't want to!

CCC

things that nopony ever said to twilight before

Capital T on 'twilight'.

Rarity added ad the two ran by once again.

"as"?

Nice little story. Though Twilight would probably benefit from taking that time to think about it...

6097888 If it hadn't been for Spike, The Crystal Empire would've been crushed!

bow chicka wow wow:moustache:

And her comes Aurora Fucking Dimmit, "heroically" barging in with a whole goddamn paragraph spilling out of him, simply because one user pointed out [humorously] that a character's entire social circle has gathered in his home while he remains unaccounted for. The fucker is an Anti-Spike Justice Warrior Justice Warrior, even when there's only a small hint of SJW-like behavior.

I don't think you can be a "social justice warrior" for a single fictional character, even if you tried.

Also, I suppose that was... alright-ish, I guess. The idea is funny, but you didn't actually do anything funny with it. No interesting snark from the other characters, not much in the way of humorous and awkward situations or deflections. Honestly, it feels more like it's played almostly completely straight. Remove the comedy tag from the story and I don't think people would even notice that it was ever supposed to be.

Giggled from the beginning to the end. And left me wanting for more.

The chase rather reminds me of the old Pepe le Pew cartoons.

Adorable and funny. I want more XD

Login or register to comment