• Published 22nd Jun 2015
  • 446 Views, 7 Comments

Crossover Mania - Code Breaker



There exist many worlds some similar, but can also be different. Some worlds could be filled with talking ponies that have very little technology or could have advanced. Or it could be a human variation of it. Behold a small peak at these worlds.

  • ...
3
 7
 446

Fragments of Light and Dark [One-Shot]

Author's Note:

Crossover 001: Fragments of Light and Dark


Two figures were inside some strange passage that seemed to be made of living flesh as a section of it opens. In front of it were two shadowed figures standing on two legs.

“A passage?” One asked the voice sounding female.

“Or maybe…someone’s leading us.” The second says in a young male voice. Both figures walked in as soon there came a beeping noise off the limb of the female figure

“What? The level’s are off the chart!” The female figure says.

The male figure looks forward “J----, look!” he says as a set of spikes began to fall apart revealing a large beast that couldn’t be made out.

“Must be some kind of bulked-up mutant Krawl. Their last line of defense.” The male states

“No. Actually, I think it’s part of the Krawlosphere.” The female says looking at the beast.

There was a purple flash as another figure in a robe appears. Both tense up as the robed figure glances at them

“This is as far as you go my young Spectrobe Master!” The figure says in a male voice before laughing

“In more ways than one.” He then adds.

“Heard that before!” Male 1 exclaims.

“And you’ll come to believe it. In the split second you’ll have to witness my power!” Male 2 says as he put a mask on his face and red-orange lines became visible.

“Well, come on then, let’s see if you know how to use it!” Male 1 exclaimed pointing at Male 2 before waving his hand to his side in declaration.

“You’re a fool who sacrificed everything for power! That doesn’t matter. We will never lose to you!” the female says with hand to the side waving it down before grasping both of them in a fist.

“Let’s do this. Iku ze!” Both shout ready to charge at Male 2.


A pony woke up with a yelp having had the same dream for the past week. The light flickered on revealing the pony to be a butter yellow pegasi mare with light blue eyes and a long light pink mane that was kept to her right side. Adorned on her flank was a trio of butterflies. She goes by the name of Fluttershy.

Fluttershy was known for being one of the kindest ponies around, and is also great with animals despite her rather shy demeanor and nature.

She got out of her bed and looked outside the sun slowly starting to lower as the sun was rising. The sound of something hopping towards Fluttershy caught her attention as the shy pegasi turned coming face to face with a particular critter. It was a small white rabbit with beady black eyes.

“Oh Angel. I had that dream again. I just don’t know what to do.” Fluttershy says to the bunny named Angel who makes a few motions and sounds.

“Talk to my friends? Oh I’m not so sure about that.” Fluttershy says as Angel Bunny slaps his face.

“What I mean to say is that I don’t think they would believe me. I mean I have had these dreams and I don’t believe I had them.” She adds as Angel made a few more motions.

“Alright Angel. I will at least think about it.” Fluttershy says before letting out a yawn.

“Maybe a few more hours sleep will help me. Goodnight Angel.” Fluttershy says going back to the bed turning out the light as Angel leaves closing the door behind him.

-Fluttershy’s Cottage. That Morning-

Fluttershy awoke from her sleep this time free of mysterious dreams and smiled walking down to see all the critters that she takes care of. She began her usual routine of quickly distributing the animal’s morning food before getting herself her morning breakfast.

After eating Angel was hopping over to her with an empty herb jar.

“Oh my goodness. Are we already out of herbs?” Fluttershy asks as Angel nods which Fluttershy let out a sigh.

“Oh I do hope Zecora doesn’t mind me paying her a visit.” Fluttershy says grabbing her saddlebag and was about to leave before turning to face Angel.

“Angel please keep the others in check while I’m gone.” She quickly says leaving closing the door quietly as she left.

Angel turned to look at all the other animals and crosses his arms giving them a stern glare almost challenging them to try and get past him.

-Everfree Forest-

Another thing most ponies also knew about Fluttershy was that her cottage was located near one of the most dangerous places in all of Equestria. That place was known as the Everfree Forest.

Fluttershy rarely ever steps into it, but she needed those herbs for a special vegetable soup she was making that night. The only other pony…or in this case zebra who might let her borrow them would be Zecora. They had become good friends after a rocky start involving a particular blue plant and everpony believing she was capable of putting hexes or curses on ponies.

Fluttershy walked through the forest jumping out of her coat at nearly every shadow or strange set of creatures eyes she saw along her way. She eventually made it to Zecora’s home which was a hollowed out. She knocked softly.

Soon a Zebra sporting a small mohawk and wearing gold earrings and something around her neck opened the door.

“My my my. If it isn’t dear Fluttershy.” Zecora says as Fluttershy pads the ground with a hoof.

“Hello Zecora. I was wondering if maybe you could spare some herbs. That is if you want…” She asks softly before Zecora beckons her inside.

“Anything for a friend in need, but be sure to leave some for me.” Zecora replies going over to a pot that had some kind of liquid inside of it.

Fluttershy quickly grabbed what she needed from Zecora.

“Thank you Zecora.” Fluttershy says to Zecora who nods her mouth full with something she was using to turn the liquid.

Fluttershy left and was on her way back to the entrance when she saw a figure. It was of some creature she had never seen before and it peeked her interest, but as soon as she looked at it the creature took off.

“Oh wait. Don’t run!” Fluttershy says loudly running after the creature.

“Please. I’m not going to hurt you!” Fluttershy begs calling out to the strange creature.

“Oh please don’t run any further. There are some rather dangerous creatures in here. You could get hurt!” Fluttershy begs. And just like that the creature was gone. Fluttershy was huffing in exhaustion.

“D-Did I scare it off? Oh-no I’ve chased off some poor creature far into the Everfree! What am I going to…” She thought before letting out a small yelp of pain having stepped on something with a pointed edge cutting off her thoughts.

Fluttershy looked at what she stepped on and was confused. It looked like some sort of fossil of a creature, but strangely it was a purple fossil and looked like something she had never seen before. Beside it was a white hexagon shaped device that had three lights illuminating from it and was longer than it was wide.

Fluttershy picked up the fossil and looked it over. Besides its coloring it appeared to be like a Lion Cub, but also not at the same time.

“What are these doing in the Everfree?” Fluttershy asked herself as she puts the fossil in her saddlebag then unintentionally drops the hexagon object. She goes to grab it catching it on her wrist. She let out a sigh of relief not wanting to break it.

It was then the object seemed to react to her as a cuff seemed to from around her wrist securing it in place a small eep escaping the pegasi’s muzzle as the strange object attached itself to her.

“This can’t get any worse.” She says before a there was a large quake and something big, black, and purple began to rise out of the ground.

It was a bipedal creature standing as tall as 7 to 8 of Celestia stacked on top of each other, and had two arm like limbs on its upper body that reached to the ground. On its face was nothing but yellow lines.

The creature let out a ferocious roar before it slammed it’s fists like limbs into the ground sending out shockwaves that hit Fluttershy sending her back into a tree nearly knocking her out.

Fluttershy cradle in trying to make herself look as small as possible and was scared. What she didn’t notice was that her one hoof had tapped the strange object on her wrist making it open.

“Help…somepony please help me.” Fluttershy whimpers as the creature came closer and appeared to actually start falling forward ready to crush her.

“SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!” Fluttershy yells out in desperation, and from her saddlebag the fossil began to glow brightly before a small sound is her. When Fluttershy opens her eyes she see’s that she was not squashed. In fact she was a few feet away from the face of the creature. She let out a small eep backing away into something else and turned to look at it fearfully.

But she was greatly surprised at what was before her. It was a small lion cub that was only about half the size of her. It’s skin was a lighter shade of black making it almost seem a dark grey with grey like lips and eyebrows. Dark green markings adorned it’s ears and sides of its legs. Strange purple markings went along it’s back outlined in the same green as the other markings. It’s eyes were black, but full of pride.

Fluttershy was surprised and looked to her saddlebag and noticed the lack of the fossil she had found.

“Are you…the creature from that fossil?” She asks the lion cub who yips sounding like a yes. It was then that the fallen creature had begun to get up scaring Fluttershy who jumps back standing behind the cub who then lets out a series of yips and barks that only Fluttershy can understand.

“Speak into the…Prizmod?” Fluttershy repeats and looks to the strange device now known as a Prizmod that was attached to her wrist that was now surprisingly open as the small cub became a shadow going into the Prizmod.

“Umm…excuse me, but if there is anything that can help with mister scary please do so.” She says into it as a ball of light comes rushing out.

Now standing in front of her was a creature that stood almost as tall as a timberwolf. In fact the creature resembled a wolf. Skin was navy blue with cyan markings along its face and down it’s tail. It had cyan blade like fringes going down it’s back. But the most prominent feature was the metal like wings attached to its body with small metal bits on its claws and tail. It’s blue eyes were outlined with red.

Fluttershy was both scared and in awe at the creature in front of her, but didn’t have time to admire it as the large creature began rushing out them.

“Watch out!” Fluttershy yelped as the wolf creature took notice and got out of the way grabbing Fluttershy with its tail as they avoided the collision.

“Tell Rygazelle to attack it’s legs.” A male voice said in Fluttershy’s head as she looked around for the source of the voice.

“W-Who’s there?” She asked nervously.

“A friend. Right now you just need to worry about the Galgore in front of you. You can do this! Iku ze!” The voice tells her as she nods to herself gaining a bit of confidence from the words of comfort.

“Umm…Rygazelle attack that things legs.” Fluttershy says as Rygazelle charges forward and it’s blade like wings swung forward hitting one of the creatures legs, but it retaliated by slamming a fist down to the ground sending out a shockwave that hit Rygazelle.

“Oh no! Rygazelle are you okay?” Fluttershy exclaimed to which he nods.

“Oh I wish I could help…” She whimpers as the male voice laughs.

“Well what’s stopping you? If you want to help Rygazelle your just going to have to jump into the action.” The voice tells her.

“But, but I’ve almost always run away from a fight.” Fluttershy tells the voice who sighs.

“Look you might not be as strong as others, and sure you seem like the type to run away from everything.” The voice starts as Rygazelle jumps back from another blow and Fluttershy hovers in the air to avoid being hit as well.

“But sometimes the only way to handle things is to face them head on.” The voice continues as Rygazelle charges forward both of his metal wings out with a strange blue aura covering them before hitting a leg making the creature let out a yell of pain. It then proceeded to roar out and hit the ground multiple times with it’s arms sending out waves that hit Rygazelle who was knocked to the ground.

“Just have a little faith and you can do anything.” The voice finished as Fluttershy goes wide eyed at seeing Rygaselle being knocked around like that.

“Leave him alone…you…great…big…MEANIE!” Fluttershy yells as light from the prizmod covered her. Her coat color started to change to a light amber as her hair shortened greatly going just below her muzzle, but was kept in the same style changing to a red-orange.

Covering her body was a body suit that was mainly white for the front and back hooves as well as around the neck and her wings which fit right into the suit. The rest of it was black. The white prizmod was still attached to her wrist and a blade sheath was on her right side. The only thing that remained the same was her eyes.

Fluttershy was surprised by this change, but didn’t take time to fully look herself over as the creature was about to attack Rygazelle again.

“No you don’t!” Fluttershy says grabbing the blade taking it in her muzzle and flew right at the creature striking it in the head stalling it long enough for Rygazelle to get up and move away from being hit by the next stomp and shockwave.

“Rygazelle distract it, but please don’t try to get hurt.” She says to which Rygazelle roars. The creature continued to attack with stomps and would try to run them over.

“Rygazelle see if you can trip this creature up.” She says and Rygazelle gets as close as possible and attacks its legs. Seeing no other choice the Galgore falls over in an attempt to try and squash Rygazelle, but Rygazelle moves out of the way as just before is hit.

“Now! Attack with me!” Fluttershy says as she dives from above and Rygazelle from below. Metal wings and blade struck the creature head. Even grounded the Galgore let out one final pained roar before vanishing into shadows.

Fluttershy went over to Rygazelle who did seem a bit hurt, but otherwise was just fine now. She gave it a few pets before he vanished into the prizmod and the small lion cub creature from before came out.

Fluttershy took a look at the creature who let out a yip that Fluttershy translated as ‘Makanui’.

“That…was…AWESOME!” A female voice says as Fluttershy looks to the voice seeing a certain cyan pegasi mare with a rainbow colored mane and tail with magenta eyes and a cutie mark of a raincloud with a tri colored thunderbolt coming out of it. She was Fluttershy’s close friend Rainbow Dash who took this opportunity to fly down to where Fluttershy was.

“How you beat that thing, and that creature you had with you. Wow I’ve never seen anypony come close to me in awesomeness, but you are pretty dang close.” Rainbow says to Fluttershy who was blushing in embarrassment.

“So who exactly are you? What was that creature you fought? What was the creature fighting with you?” Dash asks.

“Umm…uhh…well…” Fluttershy starts unsure and took notice she was still in that form she gained from the prizmod. It was also that she noticed her voice had slightly changed becoming a bit higher pitched, but she was still unsure how to answer.

“The thing you fought was a Krawl with a K. As for what was fighting with you they are called Spectrobes.” The voice told her quickly.

“My name is Ivory Dawn. That thing I fought was a type of Krawl.” Fluttershy…no Ivory explained as Rainbow looked at her tilting her head to the side.

“Crawl? What kind of…” Rainbow starts.

“Krawl. With a K.” She interjects correcting Dash.

“As for the creatures with me they are known as Spectrobes.” Ivory explains as Dash just nods.

“So what exactly was that Krawl doing here?” Dash asked as Ivory shrugs.

“I-I don’t exactly know right now, but I must be going.” Ivory explains taking her blade that was in the ground after the fight and put it back in her sheath before taking flight.

“Wait! What if more of those Krawl things show up?” Dash asked as Ivory thought about this.

“Don’t worry. I will be there to strike them down whenever they show up.” Ivory says and flies off into the forest with Makanui following close behind her and they both soon vanished.

When she was far enough she looked at the prizmod and with a bit of help from the strange voice in her head she managed to take it off changing back to her normal self.

Makanui let out a yip and a yawn. Fluttershy smiled grabbing him and putting him into her saddlebag. He may have been a bit heavier than most of her other smaller critters, but she could still handle carrying him in her bag.

As she flew back to the cottage the voice in her head told her about the Spectrobes and the Krawl, but had never really introduced himself.

“Though why Krawl are appearing on a world of ponies I have no idea.” The voice says after having finished his explanation.

“Well then I guess we will just both have to find out. I will not let those things do anything to Equestria!” She says firmly as they were no in front of the cottage.

“Oh…umm mister voice?” She asks.

“I do have a name you know.” He says to her.

“Umm…that’s what I’m wanting to know. What is your name?” She asks the voice.

“Care to maybe introduce yourself first?” the voice asks.

“Oh right. How rude of me. My name’s Fluttershy.” She tells the voice.

“I’m Rallen.” Rallen tells her.

“Well Rallen it looks like for now we are somehow stuck with each other.” Fluttershy said with a smile before walking into her cottage closing it behind her.

Near her cottage appeared there was a purple flash as a pony appears. From size alone the pony was a mare, but wore a cloak hiding any possible species. Along with that over the mare’s face and muzzle was a tan mask with red-orange lines all along it.