• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 5,467 Views, 150 Comments

Son of Sombra - BubblePuff



Princess Cadences and Shining Armor adopt a foal who turns out to be the lost son of King Sombra

  • ...
11
 150
 5,467

Epilogue

Many years had passed since North Star saved the Crystal Empire. During that time, North Star finally got his own crystaling and was recognized as the prince of the Crystal Empire. He even received his own stained glass window in Canterlot castle. Then came the happiest day of his life.

North Star stood in front of a full body mirror, adjusting the bowtie on his tuxedo when he heard a knock at the door. “Come in” North Star said. Flurry Heart opened the door and walked in, wearing a pink dress.

“You feeling nervous there Northy?” Flurry Heart said.

North Star smiled. Northy was Flurry Heart’s nickname for him ever since she learned to speak properly. “A little bit. It is my wedding day after all. Say, shouldn’t you be with the bride and the other bridesmaids?”

Flurry Heart waved her hoof. “Summer sent me over to check on you. To be honest, she’s the nervous one.”

North Star giggled a bit. “Well, it is her big day too. A lot more fuss is usually put on the bride than the groom.”

“Tell me about it. Pound Cake and I are still just dating but mom already has the everything picked out from my wedding dress to the design of the cake.”

“Yeah, that’s mom alright. Always thinking about love. Though to be fair mom and dads wedding didn’t exactly go according to plan.”

Flurry Heart trotted over and gave North Star a hug. “I don’t think you have to worry about changelings replacing the bride. Especially since they’ve all been reformed.”

There was another knock at the door. In walked Spike, North Star’s best dragon for the wedding. “Are you ready? It’s time for the ceremony to start.”

North Star took a deep breath. “I’m ready.”

Citizens from all over Equestria gathered for the wedding. There were ponies, dragons, yaks, griffons, hippogriffs, changelings, and Kirin. Shining Armor and Cadance sat in the front row along with Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Daisy Haze.

North Star stood at the altar with Spike and the other groomsmen. Across from them were the the maid of honor Flurry Heart and Summer’s bridesmaids. Here comes the bride began playing on the pipe organ. Summer Haze was escorted down the aisle by her father Jetstream. She and North Star held hooves as Celestia began the nuptials.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union between North Star and Summer Haze. These two ponies have known each other since they were foals, and in that time they have been through the brightest and darkest of times. But through it all they managed to not only save all of Equestria but discover that they were meant for each other. Now the time has come for these two to be joined together in holy matrimony. North Star, do you take Summer Haze to be your wife, to love and cherish her, for as long as you both shall live?”

North Star looked into Summer’s eyes and smiled. “I do.”

“Summer, do you take North Star to be your husband, to love and cherish, for as long as you both shall live?”

Summer looked into North Star’s eyes and smiled. “I do.”

“Then it is my honor to pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” North Star and Summer then kissed each other, and the entire crowd applauded.

The wedding reception was one huge party. Pinkie Pie personally made the wedding cake, which was a whopping ten feet tall and decorated with images of the happy moments from North Star and Summer’s lives. Summer tossed the bouquet and it was caught by Rarity. She and Spike both blushed as they had now been dating for some time.

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia both provided the music for the event, alternating between loud party music and slow paced dancing music. The time eventually came for North Star and Summer to have their first dance as a couple. As they danced, Shining Armor broke out crying because of how beautiful the scene was. Cadance and Flurry Heart just rolled their eyes at him.

During their dance, Summer leaned in and whispered into North Star’s ear. “North Star, there is something that I have been meaning to tell you, and I feel that now is the right time.”

North Star looked happily at his new bride. “Oh? And what is that?”

“I’m pregnant.”

North Star was speechless. He then smiled and held Summer tight. Through all the ups and downs in his life, North Star finally felt like he belonged.

Author's Note:

Thank you so much to everyone who has stayed with this story for the past three and a half years. It has been one amazing journey.

Comments ( 5 )

Good story.
Cheers mate.

Summer tossed the bouquet and it was caught by Rarity. She and Spike both blushed as they had now been dating for some time.

Ha. I like this story even more.

North Stars legacy is over. The legacy of his child is soon to begin.

A fantastic ending to a great story. I'm glad I was there for the whole ride.

What a beautiful ending.

This really was a great story. I'm a little sad to see it end, to be honest.

Love the ending hope a sequel will come

Login or register to comment