• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,374 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,374

Chapter 33

No Matter What Happens…

Many people were in the gymnasium as they enjoyed the complimentary food and drinks while they were talking about the play. Soul was walking past the crowd as he was giving handshakes and complements for his successful play. As he walked, Soul saw his family and friends together before they looked at him and were applauding and clapping for him.

“Sweetie, that was a wonderful play!” Dawn complimented and hugged Soul. “I’m so proud of what you made!”

“That really was something, bud! I can see you put a lot of work into it!” Comet said before rubbing on Soul’s head.

Soul blushes and lightly chuckles. “Heh, thanks guys, I’m really proud at what I did,” he said.

As soon as his parents let go of him, Sunset walked up and hugged Soul before she planted a kiss on his cheek. “That was really amazing, sweetie!” she said. “I’m so glad that I waited to see it instead of reading about it in your script!”

“Thanks, Sunny!” Soul said before he hugged her back and kisses her.

Soul spent time with his friends and family as they all sat down on a table. He had a bright smile on him seeing everyone around him talking about his play and how they all enjoyed it. Swift got up from his seat and raised his drink.

“To Soul Writer! The greatest theater director of all time!” Swift cheered.

*To Soul Writer!” Everyone of his friends toasted before they drank their drinks.

Soul smiled brightly. “Thanks guys…. This means so much to me! I can’t believe that it was that great!” he said.

“Oh, it was simply amazing, dear!”

Soul and the others looked to see Coloratura walking up to the table. Some of them gasp at seeing her and were excited, especially Zero.

“I can’t believe it! I’m seeing Countess Coloratura in person!” Zero squealed before he lifts his shirt off. “I’m Zero Gravity ma’am and can you sign my chest please!?”

The group looked at Zero with blank expressions while Coloratura giggled and smiled.

“But of course! Anything for my fans!” Coloratura said before she pulled out a marker and wrote her signature on his chest. “From Countess Coloratura, to my biggest fan, Zero Gravity!”

Zero smiled brightly. “Woo! Countess Coloratura signed my chest! I dare someone to beat that!” he challenged while pointing to everyone in the room. Twilight shook her head before she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Coloratura laughed for a moment before she looked to Soul and walked over to him. “I saw your play today and I have to say, I had enjoyed it so much!” she said. “So much so that I am happy to offer you an invitation to attend Cambridge University for the gifted students Arts and Culture!”

Soul’s eyes widen while everyone around were shocked and surprised. “R-Really? You’re offering me to attend a very prestigious university?” he asked. “This was pretty much the first ever play I had made.”

“And it’ll certainly won’t be your last! The university has a very high job satisfaction and many of their students are famous celebrities and extraordinary directors!” Coloratura explained. “Like me when I used to attend it!”

“What about Michael Bay?” Treble asked.

Coloratura sighed. “Yes, even he attend there once,” she replied before she looked back to Soul and smiled. “Anyways, here is your invitation. It is good at anytime before registrations so you can decide many years from now if you want to but I really hope that you can do it after your graduation!” She hands Soul a card and he looked at it for a moment.

“So…. I can show them this and I’ll be in? Is it immediately in the summer or is it like any school scheduling?” Soul asked.

“Ah yes, when you first start to attend, you’ll be coming in at the beginning of August. After that, some of the classes may take places during summer time during your later time there. Depending on what you would want to learn and to be, the university will provide two to eight years of teaching and will help you with a job and career of your preference,” Coloratura explained. “If you have anymore questions later, on the back of the card is the website and phone number that you can use at anytime!”

Soul looks up at Coloratura and smiles. “Thank you very much, Countess Coloratura!” he said.

“You’re welcome, dear! I’m sorry but I have to cut this short as I have so much to do after this. Hehe, I was lucky to have this much time off,” Coloratura said. “Have a wonderful day and I hope that you will be attending soon!”

Coloratura soon left with her manager as she was signing autographs on the way out. Soul looked at the invitation card as he looked at it with amazement and shock that he was holding it. Sunset leaned over his shoulder and looks at it.

“Wow, I can’t believe it! You get a chance to go to a university! I’m so proud of you, babe!” Sunset said before she kissed him on the cheek. “It looks like your future is getting a lot brighter than you thought!”

“Heh, yeah it is. We should check out the university when we get back to the apartment,” Soul said. “Until then, let’s celebrate a bit longer.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Sunset said before she hugged Soul.


The Festival was long over as both Sunset and Soul had said their goodbyes to their friends and family and were back at the apartment. Soul was on the laptop as he looked through the website of the university and checking what it could offer him. He saw the costs to be able to attend to it and called his parents about it and they were willing to pay for the costs of him going there. Even if it meant asking Granny Smith for some help with it.

Looking through the site, he looked at the location of the university and saw that it was only a few hours away from Canterlot. He pondered for a moment before he looked back and called out to Sunset.

“Hey, Sunny?”

Sunset walked into the room and looked at Soul. “Yes, babe?” she asked.

“Where exactly were planning on going to college?” Soul asked.

“Oh! It's a college campus that Principal Celestia recommended me to. Thanks to her, I have a tuition there and I will start to attend there at the end of the summer. Though I will be away from the apartment and have to live on campus since its a few hours away,” Sunset answered. “It’s about north of here. Let me show you.”

Sunset opened a new tab on the laptop and she showed Soul all about the college and its location. Soul looked at it for a moment before he rubbed his chin. He then went to type in the two locations to see how far apart they were. Just as he saw the results, he frowned a little and looked to Sunset.

“Sunset… They’re eight hours apart from each other,” Soul pointed out. “We’re not going to visit it each other that much if we go to them.”

Sunset looked at the laptop for a moment before she frowned and looked back at Soul. She kept quiet for a moment before she spoke. “Soul, I know what you’re thinking and I get what you’re coming from,” she said. “But this a huge chance for both of us right now. Yes, it’s going to be lonely without you and I know you’re going to miss me terrible. But hey, we can still call each other over the phone, set up some face chat and when the holidays come, we can visit each other. Wouldn’t that be great?”

Soul looked up and gazed into Sunset’s eyes for a moment before he smiled and held her hand. “Yeah, that does sound great. We do have an opportunity and I want to use so I can become the man you deserve, Sunset Shimmer,” he said. “I love you and if this is what it takes so we can be together forever, then I’m willing to do it. For you.”

Sunset smiled brightly before she leaned and kissed Soul on the lips. Soul kissed her back and smiled into it. After a moment, Sunset pulled away from the kiss and gave Soul her bedroom eyes.

“Besides, we have all the remaining time of school and summer break before we go to them. So you can have me as much as you want~” Sunset said.

Soul slyly smiled. “Ooh, I do intend to do so~” he said.

Soul gets up before he picks Sunset bridal style and carries her off into their room where the two enjoyed another long passionate night of their love.


Soul and Sunset were in the cafeteria with their friends enjoying their lunches and company as they usually do every time. Soul would get congratulations from some of the other students and teachers as they walked by the group’s table. He let out a content sigh feeling proud of himself and his work.

“This has just been nothing short of amazing,” Soul said with a smile. “My play and story is a success and I get to go to a well known university where a lot of famous celebrities went to learn. Can this be anymore unexpected and surprising?”

“Well, that’s my-”

“Actually Treble, I have something to say if you don’t mind,” Zero interrupted.

“Oh okay, I didn’t really have much to say anyway,” Treble said before he took a sip from his drink.

“Why would you- Oh never mind, I’m not gonna bother,” Warhawk said.

Zero stood up and cleared his throat. “I know that all of you has been worrying about me not having a girlfriend and all,” he said.

“We have?” Night asked.

Zero furrowed his brow at Night before looking at all them again. “But I'm happy to say that’s not true,” he said. “You see the truth is, Twilight and I have been dating in secret for about a good couple of months now.”

Everyone at the group stared at Zero for a moment before Swift spoke up.

“Bullsh*t” he said.

“But I'm telling the truth! Twilight tell them!” Zero said.

Everyone looked at over to one side of the table to see Twilight wasn't in her usual spot.

“What the? Where is she?” Zero asked.

“Probably in the library reading some fantasy book. Just like how you and Twilight is a fantasy as well,” Rainbow Dash commented.

“But it's true! We really are dating!”

“I believe in so many things that random people would post on the Internet like Area fifty one, the fake landing on the moon, sharks that shot lasers from their eyeballs and Soul’s sex life,” Treble said.

Soul looked at Treble in confusion. “What the f*ck is that suppose to mean?” He asked.

“It means I believe you are doing the funky monkey with Sunset but I need photographic proof that you're doing it, Treble explained. “Or video. Whichever comes first.”

“But if you already believe me, why would I-”

“I have spoken!” Treble declared.

“Oh, I give up!” Zero said.

“I believe you, Zero,” Fluttershy said.

“Thank you!”

“I believe that you believe you're dating Twilight and I support you… Within a reason of course,” Fluttershy explained.

“.... Thanks, Fluttershy,” Zero said in a disappointed tone.

“Oh, you're welcome!” Fluttershy chimed.

“This is what I'm gonna miss after high school. The good times we’ve had here. It's just been so amazing being here at CHS from the start! I just wish I was here in my freshmen years so I could have spent two more years with all of you,” Soul said.

“I wouldn't worry too much about it. We’ll all stay in touch with one another even during and after our colleges,” Swift said. “Our group’s friendship is strong and we’re all in this together no matter what!”

“Yeah!” Pinkie chimed.

“Couldn't have said it better myself, Swift,” Rivet said.

“It’s been a very interesting and crazy time here. But I wouldn’t change any of it, especially meeting my Boo for the first time,” Clyde said before he hugged Rarity with one arm.

“Hmhm, I can say the same about you, my dear!” Rarity said and hugged Clyde back.

“I can say for certain, that things are going to go well for the rest of our-” Soul was in the middle of speaking until something jumped out of Fluttershy’s hair and landed in front of Soul. It was Greg the tarantula.

“Fluttershy, we talked about this!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“I know! I know! But he-”

“Yeah, yeah, he was bored,” Rainbow Dash finished.

“Now hold up, let’s not doing anything rash here,” Soul said earning confused looks from his friends. “Greg, you and I have been doing this for however long we have done this. I feel we have out grown this little rivalry of ours and after so much we’ve been through, I can say that we become something more like… friends. So how about it? Let’s just put all of our fights behind us and start anew.”

Everyone in the group including Greg looked at Soul with blank looks.

“Cuz, where ya just talking to a spider like he was able to understand anything you just said and actually expect something good would come out of it?” Applejack asked.

“I… was just stalling until he jumped me on the face,” Soul replied.

‘And it worked,’ Greg thought before he jumped on Soul’s face causing him to fall over the ground screaming.

“GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!” Soul screamed as he rolled around the floor.

Everyone shook their heads or rolled their eyes before they went back to doing their own thing and ignored Soul’s plea for help.

“Somethings are just never going to end,” Rivet commented.



Eventually over time, Soul, Sunset and their friends spent the last time together in their days of Canterlot High. Graduation had came upon them and were rewarded with several degrees and accomplishments during their time there at the ever surprising school. Their friends and families cheered them on as they each took the stage to receive their degrees and honors.

The summer time came for the the graduated group as they spent the last freedom of the summer vacation altogether. Having many more adventures like saving a campsite, going to the beaches, spending time together and of course, the one time a giant monster came through the portal when Princess Twilight had left her castle for the weekend and the group had to deal with the mess it caused before sending it back.

During those months, Soul and Sunset spent everyday together as if it was their last. The two would wake up together in the morning and go back bed together and spend wonderful nights feeling each other's touch. They went on for several dates to the movies, restaurants and just simple walks through the park knowing that their time for their college days and the hardship for their relationship was getting nearer.

It was a weekend as the month of August came and Soul and Sunset were at the bus station. Sunset’s bus to her college’s campus was being boarded by its passengers and their bags and suitcases being loaded onto it. Sunset and Soul looked at the bus for a moment before they looked at one another. Soul gazed into her eyes as he had a frown on him and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Sunset did the same and wrapped her arms around him as well. The two held each other for as long as they could before the driver said that they were about to leave the station.

Sunset pulled back a little still holding onto Soul and looked at him with a sad smile. “Well… this is it,” she said. “I’m gonna miss you, babe.”

“Me too, Sunny,” Soul said. “Promise you’ll call me when you get there?”

“Of course I will, I promise,” Sunset replied. “And call me when you get to your fancy universtiy, alright?”

Soul chuckles weakly. “Of course I will. You’re the most important person in my life,” he said.

Soul and Sunset hugged tightly once more before the two shared a long passionate kiss. Sunset pulled away from the kiss slowly before she gazed into his eyes.

“I love you,” she said.

“I love you too,” Soul replied.

Sunset took a deep breath she pulled away from the hug and took her bag before walking into the bus. She walked along inside until she sat down and was near the side window. She looked outside to see Soul watching her and waving at her as he smiled. Sunset smiled back and waved back at him before the bus closed its doors and slowly moved away from the station before getting on the road. Soul kept on watching the bus drive off until it was soon out of sight.

Soul stood their for a few moments after seeing the bus disappears and lets out a sigh. He walked off and head straight for his bike and sat down on it. He was about to put his helmet up until he stopped and looked back to see Sunset’s helmet on the side. Soul set his helmet down before he picks Sunset’s up and looks at it as he could see his reflection. He looked at it sadly for a moment before he made a small smile and kisses on the glass before putting it back in place.

Soul starts up his bike and soon rides off as he makes his way back to his apartment to pack up for his trip for Cambridge University. “Lord… No matter what happens, please let me be with Sunset after all this,” Soul pray to himself.


Time went on as Soul and Sunset were at their colleges and were adjusting to their new daily lives quickly. Soul absorbed the lessons their rather quickly and soon he was able to make several new plays during his time there slowly getting to be well known in the theater industry. Sunset enjoyed her time at her college as she learns what it means to be a teacher and being the top student of her classes.

Whenever there was a long break or holidays for them from their lessons and classes, Soul and Sunset would visit one another and spend as much time together before going back to their colleges. During their small but wonderful time visiting with each other felt like a blessing to them as they shared their love and affection for one another during the day and spent their nights intimately and passionately.

Soon four years had past and Soul had recently graduated from Cambridge University with a master’s degree. He was even offered several positions for plays all over the states and even overseas. Luckily, Soul had the choice to take some time for himself before he take up job positions and spend a couple of months to himself.

It was night time as Soul drove after a few hours from the university. He soon arrived at his parent’s home and visited them while he was also visiting his little sister. Novel was able to walk and talk a little bit clearly as she was still learning how to speak correctly. He spent time with them as much as he wanted before he went back to his and Sunset’s old apartment.

Soul soon walked inside their apartment room and saw how dusty their home had become since they left it. He cleaned up the dust and killed off whatever insects that had gotten inside before getting into his bed and sleeping for the night. The sun slowly rose up as the light shined on Soul causing him to wake up slowly. He slowly got up before he felt something was on top of him to see Sunset was sleeping on him.

Soul smiled before he held Sunset in his arms and kissed her on the forehead. Sunset woke up slowly before she looked up and smiled as she looked at Soul.

“Good morning,” Sunset said.

“Good morning to you, beautiful,” Soul said. “How was your graduation?”

“It went very well. I’m now a certified teacher and Celestia offered a job for me working at our old high school,” Sunset replied. “When the students come back from summer vacation, I will be CHS’s new math teacher!”

“That’s wonderful, sweetie!” Soul said.

“Hmhmm! How was your graduation?” Sunset asked.

“It was great! I have a lot of job offerings and plays that a lot of people want me to direct. But I have a chance to wind down for a couple of months before things get crazy for me,” Soul explained and chuckled.

“Oh Soul, that’s so awesome! You can really get a lot of money for directing popular theaters and such,” Sunset said.

“That’s true and I do plan on getting one of those positions soon. I don’t want to make them wait for too long,” Soul said before he sat up and stretched. “But right now, I want to just spend some quality time with my favourite girl.”

Sunset smiled before he leaned over and kisses Soul. Soul kisses her back for a moment before he got up.

“Feeling like heading out in town for a while? I feel like seeing if we can find any one of our friends here,” Soul suggested.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea, Soul!” Sunset said.

Soul smiled before he and Sunset got dressed and headed out to town. As they went into town, they were happy to see some of their old friends like Applejack, Swift, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Night were still living in town. They had learned that Rarity and Clyde are living happily married together and Clyde was the new coach for CHS while Rarity was working her own tailor store. Sunset was able to attend their wedding though Soul was incredibly busy with a play that was going on and did wished for the two for the best. Rivet had joined the Royal Air Force and he and Rainbow Dash are still in a steady relationship. Swift and Pinkie are happily married as Pinkie wasted no time on wanting a child but Swift was able to convince her to take things slow… for the time being. Applejack still lives in the family barn with her brother and sister while Granny Smith was still kicking around in her twilight years. Unexpectedly, Straight was also living at the farm as he and Applejack are in a slow relationship. Night and Fluttershy were also married for a couple of years as she works at a veterinarian hospital. Zero is working as a detective for the Canterlot Police Force within the large city while Twilight runs her own lab for further study of energy resources. Treble became a famous DJ player along with his fiance, Vinyl Scratch and finally, Sonata shortly married Warhawk after their graduation and she is now expecting a child in a few months.

Night time had once again fallen over the country side of Canterlot and Soul and Sunset were walking through the park like they had use to do. As they walked, Soul stopped her in front of the park’s fountain.

“Sunset, there’s something I want to do. Something I just can’t wait anymore to happen,” Soul said as he smiled brightly at her.

Sunset smiled back at him knowing what he was planning. Soul pulled out a small black box and knelt down as he held on her hands. “There is no words to describe how beautiful and wonderful of a woman you are. You gave me guidance when I needed it, gave me love that sometimes even surprises me and stayed with me even when we were so long apart from each other,” he said. “So now that everything is in order and our futures are looking so bright… Will you, Sunset Shimmer, marry me and become my wife?”

Soul opened the box to show Sunset the same diamond ring that he tried to give to the first time. Tears started to stream down from her eyes before she slowly took the ring and slip it on her finger. After she observed the ring for a moment, she wiped away her tears and looked at Soul.

“Yes. Yes, I will be your wife,” Sunset replied. “As long as you get to be my husband.”

Soul continued to smile as his eyes watered. He stood up before wrapping his arms around Sunset and kissing her on the lips. The two deeply embraced one another’s lips as the night was not just the end of their school days but the beginning of their life together in a wonderful and loving union.

Author's Note:

Well everyone, we're now have one more chapter of this wonderful story. I've hope you've enjoyed this chapter and are certainly ready for the next one because...

IT'S THE WEDDING CHAPTER!!!