• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,362 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,362

Chapter 29

A Mother’s Revelation

The clock on the wall said it was 3:52 A.M. Soul shifted uncomfortably in his spot while he sat next to Dawn after just waking her up and talking to her for the first time in weeks. The two quietly sat as time went by until Dawn spoke up.

“So…. How’s school been going?”

“It’s um.... It’s been going well,” Soul replied. “My friends tried to pull off a heist at our former rival school.”

“I see…. Did it turn horrible?” Dawn asked.

“As usual.”

“I kinda figured.”

They laughed lightly for a moment before things got quiet between them. There was a long pause before Soul spoke up.

“Mom, can you please tell me why you didn’t trust me?” Soul asked. “It was… very extreme of you to even go that far for what you did.”

Dawn looked up at Soul for a moment before letting out a sigh. “I was…. afraid,” she said, “of some of the things that could happen between you and Sunset.”

“What do you mean?” Soul asked. “That she might leave after we did it? Come on, mom, I thought you trusted her.”

Dawn shook her head. “No Soul, that’s not what I think would happen. She’s too sweet of a girl to do that to you,” she said. “I was afraid what you two would have to go through if she was… pregnant.”

Soul’s expression turned into a surprised one. “What!? Mom, I had condoms and everything!” he said. “Did you really think I would be that stupid to get her pregnant on the first time?”

“No… I was afraid that you two would get carried away with it and that one day, she might forget to take a birth control pill,” Dawn said.

Soul’s eyes widen. “Oh… you mean how you… with me?” he asked.

Dawn noded before she laid back on the couch. “Soul, I’m going to tell you a story about around the time I was pregnant with you,” she said. “I don’t expect you to change your mind about… being with Sunset so intimately, but I could at least give you something to think about and to be more careful.”

Soul only sat quietly as Dawn prepared to tell him her story.

“It started around the beginning of my last year of high school and I was pregnant with you for five months already.”

“You wouldn’t believe this, but Canterlot High was a lot different then. It was under a very shady principal at the time and there weren’t exactly very many pleasant people to meet. I did, however, manage to keep out of trouble with them and made pretty good friends there, including your father who, may we say, was one of the toughest guys there. He used to be a grade A punk who would get into fights all the time and would barely go to class, which was probably why we hadn’t really met.”

“As for me? I was, what you would call, an absolute dork who mostly read books and always received good grades. And eventually your dad fell in love with me and I did the same. Though he had to do some of the work himself to get my attention.

“But all that changed when… I made a slip-up. Because your father and I didn’t pay much heed to what was going to happen.

“As I had said, I was five months pregnant and around that time people found out I was having a child while still in high school. It turned into an absolute hell for my senior year.”


A young teenage Dawn walked down the hallways with her books as she heard whispers from the other students.

“Hey, isn’t that her?”

“Yeah. Huh, who would have thought it turned out she was a slut?”

“Wow, smartest girl gets pregnant by an idiot. Guess that means she’s the idiot now.”

“Does that mean she’s a hooker now?”

Dawn tried her best to ignore the comments and kept on going. She finally reached her locker and placed her books inside of it. Just as she was about to do something else, the locker closed forcibly by a group of female students that made Dawn terrified.

“Well, well, if it isn’t miss smartypants here. Where’s your boyfriend? I thought you two were tight after he knocked you up,” the girl said. “Oh wait, did he leave you or something? I bet it hurts, doesn’t it?”

“N-No, he didn’t leave me,” Dawn said as she was starting to tear up. “L-Leave me alone o-or—”

“Or what? Tell on us? Last I checked the teachers here lost complete respect for you after getting that little thing in you.”

“S-Stop it!”

Dawn was then slapped across the face by the girl and stumbled backwards onto the ground.

“Who the hell do you think you are, bitch!? I’m not letting a trash like you tell me what to—”

“Hey! Back off from her!”

Comet stood between Dawn and the girls as he glared at them. “Get lost, and if I see you near her again, I’ll make you regret it!” he threatened.

Comet watched the girls run off fearfully before going over to Dawn and helping her up. Dawn placed her head on his shoulder and cried on it.

“Are you okay?” Comet asked out of concern.

“N-No… I-It was horrible,” Dawn replied. “C-Comet, can you please take me out of here? I don’t w-want to be here.”

“Of course, I’ll get you out of here,” Comet said.

Comet held Dawn close to him as they left the school and he took her back home. Dawn was sitting on the couch as Comet was talking to a younger Granny Smith and telling her what happened.

“And this has been happening within the school for weeks!?” Granny Smith asked. “Why didn’t you two tell me about this!?”

“She didn’t want you or anyone else to worry. I… I didn’t think it would get this bad.”

“Well, I certainly will not stand for this! I will not let my own daughter get harassed in school like this! Mark my words, that school is going to get the boot for this after letting this get out of control!” Granny Smith said. “In the meantime, I’ll be homeschooling her during her senior year.”

“A-Are you sure?” Comet asked.

Granny Smith placed a hand on Comet’s shoulders and smiled. “Don’t worry dearie, you are still welcome to visit whenever,” she said. “Why don’t you go see that she’s okay? She really needs someone to keep her company.”

Comet noded before he walked back into the room with Dawn. She held onto a pillow as her tears dried up. Comet sat next to her and held her in his arms.

“I’m so sorry that happened to you, sweetie. I just wish I hadn’t needed to go to the bathroom for a moment, then I would have—”

“Comet… It’s okay,” Dawn said.

“Dawn, this was not okay! Those assholes had gone too far! They shouldn’t make fun of you for—”

“Having a baby, Comet?” Dawn asked. “I… I screwed up, Comet. I screwed up big time. I betrayed everything I believed in! And now… I’m paying the price for what I did wrong.”

Comet frowned seeing Dawn the way she was. He sat next to her feeling like there wasn’t much he could do. “Dawn… if you want to break up with me because of all this… and never want to see me again, I can live with that,” he said as his eyes started to water. “I never wanted to put you in this situation. A-And if I had known this would happen… I-I would never have gone out with you and caused you to feel so much pai—”

Comet was suddenly silenced when Dawn kissed him. Comet recovered from the shock and held her as he kissed her back passionately. Eventually, Dawn pulled away from the kiss and looked down at her bulging stomach.

“No matter what, I will make sure my baby never makes the same mistake as I did, whether it's a girl or boy,” Dawn said. “I swear it.”


Soul looked at Dawn with a shocked and depressed expression. All of his life, he had never realized that his mother had suffered so much just for even having him. He remained quiet for a while as he tried to take in this sudden new information and say something. But he couldn't think of anything to say about what his mother went through. For the first time ever in his life, he felt absolutely guilty for ever being born knowing how much grief he gave to his mother.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked to see Dawn smiling at him. “Soul… When you were born, I was so happy to have you. All the pain and ridicule I went through were all washed away when you were in my arms,” she said as she leaned forward and hugged him. “I'm… I’m so sorry, Soul. You're the most precious thing I have besides your father and Novel. And I even see Sunset as a daughter as well. I don't want anything horrible like that to happen to you both.”

Tears streamed down Dawn’s cheeks as she held Soul close. Soul thought about her words for a moment before he hugged her back and smiled.

“Mom, you don't have to worry about me. The way the school was back then isn't what it is today. People there are more sincere and kind to one another and I have wonderful friends there that'll help me and Sunset through anything, just like how you, dad and all of our family would be there for me. And you don't have to worry about me and Sunset because we're going to be careful and take things one step at a time.”

Dawn looked at Soul smiling at her. She wiped away her tears before looking at Soul with a proud smile. “I love you and I am very proud of you, Soul,” she said before she leaned in and kissed Soul on the cheek. “For now on, I'll let you two decide on whatever you want from now on. You've certainly earned it more than once and I couldn't ask for a better son to have.”

Soul hugged his mother. “Thanks mom, I really appreciate it,” he said.

“You're welcome. Does this mean you'll move back with us?” Dawn asked.

Soul paused as he looked at Dawn and pondered for a moment. “If it's okay mom, I’d like… to start living with Sunset,” he replied. “I’ve just gotten use to the idea living with her and—”

Soul was cut off as Dawn placed a finger on his lips. “It's fine, sweetie. I suspected that you would like to continue living with her. You are more than free to live with her and we’ll send you a monthly allowance to help pay for the rents and the groceries,” she said. “And um… please come by and visit whenever you can? I do like to see my son every now and again.”

Soul chucked. “Sure mom, and… thanks for letting me do this,” he said.

“Of course. A momma bird has to let her children fly away from the nest someday.”

Soul smiled as he hugged his mother and Dawn hugged her son back. It might have been a long crazy night for Soul, but it was a welcoming peace that Dawn had longed for as the sun was dawning.

And outside was Sunset as she had fallen asleep inside of her own car waiting for Soul.


Time had passed and it was now Tuesday and everyone was having lunch in the cafeteria at Canterlot High. Twilight had gotten her tray and she walked on over to join up with the rest of the group. Just as she was about to walk past the entrance of the large room, the door swung open and slammed right into her face.

“Taco Tuesday! Woo hoo!” Sonata cheered as she came rushing into the cafeteria and waited in line with all the others.

The door slowly closed, showing a disgruntled Twilight as her food was now on her chest. “I hate her so much,” she said to herself. She picked up what was left of her food and walked back over to the others.

Zero looked over to Twilight with a shocked expression. “Twilight, what happened!?” he concernedly asked.

“Sonata.”

“Oh yeah, you gotta be careful around this time of the week. It’s the one time she goes crazy for a simple decorative corn chip…. They’re made out of corn, right?” Zero asked with a raised brow.

“Yes, they’re made out of kernel corn,” Twilight said.

“Kernel?”

Twilight sighed. “And you’re the guy that told me you were going to change the world?” she asked. She then looked over to Soul and Sunset as the two were laughing and talking to each other. She smiled. “I’m glad Soul was able to settle things with his mother. I was getting worried.”

“Me too, it’s great to have him back and his… his…. What exactly does Soul do for the group?” Zero asked.

“Expose us to a high amount of Star Wars lore,” Twilight said.

“Right, that,” Zero said. “Anyways, I’m just glad that everything is oka—”

“Actually, there was something I was meaning to ask you,” Twilight interjected. “It’s the whole heist thing at Crystal Prep. I kinda thought you would let the whole thing go after what I did at the Friendship Games and the magic of friendship was able to repair. It’s just so odd for me that you would look for an excuse for something that has already been forgiven and that we decided to have a truce with everyone there.”

Zero rubbed his head and let out a sigh. “I um… did it for you,” he answered. “ I was going to wreck up Principal Cinch’s office and leave a bag of dog poop on her chair. It was going to be payback for what she did to you during the Friendship Games.”

Twilight’s eyes widen and she looked towards the rest of the group who were busy talking to each other before she looked back at Zero. “You didn’t do that because we’re dating now, right?” she whispered.

“To be honest, I always wanted to wreck up a principal's office, and Cinch is—and I cannot stretch this enough—a bitch. And the way she treated you was just unforgivable, whether or not we’re dat—”

“Shush! Not so loud!” Twilight whispered. “We agreed to keep it to ourselves for a while.”

“Right, right, sorry.”

“But still, that is very sweet of you, Zero. Thank you,” Twilight said with a smile.

Zero smiled too as he held Twilight’s hand under the table.

“So, you two are really going to start living together from now on?” Swift asked Sunset and Soul.

“Pretty much,” Soul said. “I couldn’t just move back with my parents after spending so much time with this angel here.” He pulled Sunset close to him and nuzzled her head with his.

Sunset smiled and hugged Soul. “I’m so happy that you’re going to live with me from now on!” she said. “I was getting a little worried that you would want to go back to your mom’s house.”

“What? And miss being with the best girl in the world? Not a chance,” Soul said before giving Sunset a kiss on the cheek.

“Now, just to get the elephant out of the room, are you two going to have sex soon?” Pinkie ask.

Everyone at the table looked at Pinkie with shock.

“Pinkie! That is something you don’t just ask anyone about!” Rarity stated. “It’s a very personal and important thing for two people who love each other, and it’s none of our business to ask.”

“Thank you, Rarity,” Sunset said.

“However, since the question was asked, do you two plan on being intimate soon?” Rarity asked.

Sunset rolled her eyes and looked at both Pinkie and Rarity. “Ask me that again after we do,” she replied.

“Wait so… I… darnit! I can’t ask without knowing now!” Pinkie said.

“Hmm, clever,” Rarity commented.

“Thank you, it took me a while to come up with,” Sunset said. “But right now, Soul and I are just enjoying each other’s company. We’re not in any rush.”

“Yep, we’re going to be taking our sweet time with it and hopefully I’ll get that same feeling like we did during the marriage class,” Soul said.

“Oh come on!” Treble shouted, earning everyone’s attention. “How long are you two going to keep the readers going like this!? They’re expecting you two to go at it after all the trouble you went through! I mean seriously, you’re just going to wait longer!? You two might as well wear abstinence rings for all we care!”

Everyone stared at Treble with blank expressions and were confused by his words.

“Treble, we’ve been friends since we were kids, and I had to put up with a lot of things you did and said. And I even had to put up with more of it when I met Pinkie,” Soul stated.

“He— Oh wait, yeah, that’s true,” Pinkie said.

“So, I will ask you and say, what the hell are you talking about!?” Soul asked.

Just as Treble was about to answer, everyone was caught off guard as the speakers turned on.

“Attention everyone at Canterlot High,” the voice of Principal Celestia said. “I am here to remind everyone of the upcoming Spring Festival coming up next month. The reason I’m bringing this up now is because just recently, our lead director that formulates our plays transferred to another school. Normally we would have found a replacement within the Drama Club, but its members recommended something spectacular. Every year, the Drama Club has a play set up for the Spring Festival with whatever they come up with. Now this year, the club will be hosting a contest for those who would be interested in being the play director and having their summited plays be featured in the play. For more details, please head to the Drama Club after lunch and may the best submission win!”

Everyone in the group looked at one another.

“Huh, that’s interesting,” Twilight commented. “I’m curious to see what kind of play would—”

“I will make my script the most fantastic play in all the world!” Treble declared.

“So, I’m guessing you’re going to do it?” Straight asked.

“No, I got better things to do than this contest,” Treble replied in a calm manner. “I just wanted an excuse to say that.”

Straight’s eyes were half-lid.

Sunset thought about it for a moment and looked over to Soul. “Maybe you should put together a script,” Sunset suggested. “I mean, your pony self was a play director as well. Maybe this could be your destiny of being a play director here as well.”

“Hmm… Well, I guess I could give it shot. You know what, I’ll do it!” Soul said. “I’ll write the best play I can ever imagine!”


Soul was at the apartment as he sat down at a table with a paper and pen in front of him. He stared at it for a moment before banging his head down and letting out a groan.

“This is going to be harder than I thought,” Soul said.