• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,368 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,368

Chapter 27

Settling In

Soul drove his bike in the lone night as he made his way towards Sunset’s apartment. It felt like forever since the heated argument with his mother. He felt remorse at what he had done and wanted to turn back, but after what had happened, it seemed that he was too far in to turn back. Despite feeling guilty for his actions, he did feel a bit of pride standing up to his mother, even though he was running away from home to get away from her, which some people would say was cowardice, but he didn’t care. The important thing to him at the moment was that he was free to do anything at this point. And what he wanted to do was spend time with his best girl in the world.

Soul kept on driving up the road until he had reached the parking lot of an apartment complex and parked. After he killed the engine, he removed his helmet and looked at the window of his love’s apartment for a moment before getting off of his bike and walking up the stairs. He knocked on the door and soon it opened.

Sunset walked out and wrapped her arms around him. “Hey,” she welcomed.

“Hey,” Soul said, returning the hug back with his own.

The two hugged each other tightly until Sunset pulled back. “Well… Welcome home!... I guess,” she said, knowing her boyfriend was feeling upset.

“Yeah, heh… So eh, what do you want to do?”

“You wanna just set up right now? You can set up your stuff up in the guest room… Or in my room if you’d like,” Sunset asked as she blushed slightly.

“Yeah… I would like to set up in your room,” Soul replied and made a small smile.

“Heh, great! Just go in and put your stuff down.”

“Alright.”

Soul kissed her on the lips before heading over to her room. After he had set everything up in Sunset’s… their room, he walked into the living room and sat down on the couch as he let out a weary sigh and rubbed his eyes. Sunset sat down next to him and placed a hand on his thigh.

“So… How are you doing?” she asked concernedly.

“To be honest, not so great,” Soul answered.

“Yeah… I thought so.”

“Sunset… Do you think I did the right thing? I mean, it’s awesome that I get to live with you but… how I’m doing it…”

“I think it is. It’ll show your mother you won’t take what she’s doing sitting down,” Sunset answered.

Soul let out a sigh. “Yeah, you’re right,” he said. “But I hate that I had to go without my sister and my dog. Mom said that I was no longer welcomed there so I won’t be able to see them in my once great house.”

“Don’t worry about them, they have your dad to take care of them,” Sunset reassured. “And I’m sure he can calm your mother down and will let you come back in. If not, that’s her problem.”

“Yeah…” Soul slumped down on Sunset as he laid his head on her shoulder.

Sunset wrapped one arm around him and gave him a one-armed hug. “But hey, at least for the time being, you’ll be staying with me!” she chimed.

Soul looked up to her and smiled. “Heh… that’s true,” he said before wrapping his arm around her giving her an one-armed hug too. “Just me and you, baby.”

“Hmmmmmmhm~”

Soul leaned down and pressed his lips against hers while he held onto her tenderly. Sunset accepted it as she kissed him back lovingly. After a moment, Sunset pulled back from the kiss and spoke.

“We should get some rest, it’s been a long day,” she suggested.

“Yeah, it has been,” Soul said before he got up. “Besides, mom is probably planning on trying to get me back. Need to be prepared for anything she throws at me.” He started to walk towards the bedroom until he stopped midway. “Oh Lord, I hope she doesn’t tempt me with a purple lightsaber. I’ve been wanting those since forever.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Just get some rest, that’s what you need,” she said.

“Alright, see you in a bit?” Soul asked.

“You bet,” Sunset said before blowing him a kiss.

“Sweet.”

Soul walked into the bedroom and started to get undressed. He put on a simple white shirt and cotton pajama pants before he climbed into the bed. Just as he settled himself in, Sunset came in wearing black shorts and a dark pink T-shirt.

“Hey~” Soul greeted.

“Hey~” Sunset greeted back.

“Would my fair lady like to lay next to me on this bed?” Soul asked as he uncovered the sheets for her and patted his hand on her spot. Sunset walked over and laid on the spot before pulling the covers over herself.

“Comfy?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah, a lot… Thanks for letting me stay with you, Sunny. You’re the best,” Soul said before he planted a kiss on her cheek.

“Hey, I can’t have my boyfriend sleeping on the street.”

“Well, still, thanks, baby. Are you comfortable with me staying over here every night?”

“Sure I am! It'll be great!” Sunset chimed.

“Heh, glad to hear that,” Soul said before he laid his head on a pillow and let out a sigh. “I’m going to head off to sleep. Goodnight, sweetie.”

“Night babe. See you in the morning,” Sunset said. She reached over to the lamp and turned off the lights.

Soul closed his eyes as Sunset snuggled up to him and laid her head on his shoulder, and the two slept together for their first night living together.


The next morning, Soul was unpacking the rest of his things as Sunset was in the kitchen making breakfast. While Sunset was about to set the their food on the plates, she heard a few banging sounds coming from her room. She walked over to the sound to find Soul was putting up a single shelf on the wall.

“Um… Soul, why are you putting that up?” Sunset asked.

“Why, it’s elementary, my dear Sunny.”

“Oh Celestia.”

“I’m putting my lightsaber stand here, and I need to put up the shelf first,” Soul explained.

“...Really? A lightsaber stand?” Sunset asked, dumbfounded. “I don’t… You’re living with your girlfriend who you know gets irritated a bit about anything Star Wars related… and you nail a shelf in my room without asking so you could put up a lightsaber stand?”

“Well, technically, it’s our room now,” Soul pointed out.

Sunset let out a sigh. “Yeah, but I’m that one that pays the bills around here,” she said.

Soul paused for a moment before rubbing the back of his head. “Heh, yeah, good point,” he said. “You do pay for the rent and… and… Hey, wait a moment.”

“Hm?”

“Where do you even get the money to pay for all this?” Soul asked. “I don’t think you have a job, and before we even met, you were still living here.”

“Simple, I brought my life savings in bits over from Equestria. They're pure gold coins, worth a lot,” Sunset explained.

“But… How did you get them here before you became good? You told me you left Equestria immediately after Celestia was no longer your teacher,” Soul said. “And you couldn’t get back to Equestria for so long.”

“Well.... I stayed in the school for a while until I was redeemed, then I went back and got the money before returning and renting the apartment,” Sunset answered. “I slept down in the basement so no one would be able to suspect me.”

“Wow… That sounds rough.”

“Yeah… At least it was warm,” Sunset added.

“I’m glad you changed your ways and get to live here. You’re better off living like this,” Soul said before he hugged her. “Because I get to be with you!”

Sunset giggled. “I agree!”

“Now, let me get back to nailing this shelf so I can set up my saber stand!”

“I don't know if you can do that. Not sure if the landlady would allow it.”

“Oh come on, what’s the worst that could happen?” Soul asked.

-Five Minutes Later-

“And please don’t do this again, Miss Shimmer,” the woman who owned the apartment said. The landlady heard a complaint from the neighbors that lived closed to Sunset and Soul and she gave them a lecture about why Soul couldn’t put up a shelf.

“Of course, I'm sorry miss. My boyfriend really should've let me known he was going to try this,” Sunset said so Soul could hear her as he sat on the couch with a disappointed and guilty look.

“I’m glad to hear it. Also, is he going to start living here? I’ll need you to fill out a form to register him here,” the landlady said.

Sunset out a sigh and whispered. “He's having a spat with his mom. This looks like it'll blow over in maybe a week or two before he goes back. He's a guest,” she explained.

“Oh, I see. Well, I won’t bother you about it then. Anyways, I must be off. Have a nice day, Miss Shimmer. I hope everything works out.”

“Alright, and thank you,” Sunset said. She closed the door as the landlady walked off, then went over to Soul and sat next to him. “Sheesh, you’re here for one day and already you got me a fine.”

“Hehe… Sorry about that.”

Sunset let out a sigh. “It’s fine, it’s fine,” she said.

“Next time, I’ll ask you before I do anything else.”

“You better, otherwise you’ll be paying for the next fine.”

Soul rubbed the back of his head and chuckled nervously. “Gotcha, I’ll keep that in mind,” he said. “Hey, how about we go out to eat? I’ll pay for it with the little money I have with me.”

Sunset smiled. “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” she said.


Later that day, Soul and Sunset were at the cafe enjoying some time together. Just as Sunset was taking a bite out of her sandwich, she looked over to Soul only to see him just barely eating his lunch and looking at it with a frown. Sunset frowned seeing Soul upset over what had happened and reached out to hold his hand, gaining his attention.

“Hey, it’s going to be alright,” Sunset assured. “Just give it some time.”

“Right, right… I’m sorry, this is just… I don’t know what to feel right now,” Soul said.

“I know, but I’m here for you if you need anything,” Sunset said before planting a kiss on his cheek. “Please eat a little more and we can do something together while we’re out. Would that be okay?”

“Yeah… I would like to do that,” Soul replied.

After a moment, Rivet and Rainbow Dash came into the cafe and were heading straight towards the counter. On the way, Rainbow Dash noticed the two and waved at them.

“Well hey, you two!” she greeted. “I see you both are hanging out here again. You guys doing anything today?”

“We were just going to go around town and see what happens,” Sunset replied.

Rivet was smiling until he laid his eyes on Soul and raised a brow. “Hey Soul, are you okay?” he asked.

“Kinda…”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s complicated,” Sunset intervened. “A lot of things happened and, well…” She rubbed the back of her head as she was trying to come up with an answer that wouldn’t expose Soul’s personal problems.

“Sunny, it’s okay,” Soul said before he looked to the two. “I… have some trusts issues with my mother and, well, I decided to move out of the house until we patch things up. In the meantime, I’ll be living with Sunset for a while.”

“Oh…” Rivet felt a bit guilty for asking. “I’m sorry about that, man. Is there anything we can do?”

“Nah, it’s fine. I just… need a bit of time getting over this right now,” Soul said. “Anyways, I’m done eating. We should head out, baby.”

“Oh, okay…”

Sunset and Soul got up from their seats and said their goodbyes to Rivet and Rainbow Dash. The moment that the two left, Rainbow Dash looked to Rivet with concern in her eyes.

“You think he’s really going to be okay?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well, if his issues with his mom are so bad that he would leave his own home, I’m not really sure to be honest,” Rivet answered.

“...I think I’m going to spend a little time with my mom today.”

“Me too.”


Soul and Sunset were walking around most of the city as the hours went by. Eventually, they were in the city’s park and they rested on a bench as the sun was setting. As the two watched the sunset, Sunset cuddled up to Soul with his arm wrapped around her.

“Mmmhh, this was a nice day,” Sunset commented.

“Yeah, it is,” Soul halfheartedly said.

Sunset made a frown as she looked at Soul worriedly. “Are you… not having a good time with me?” she asked, her feeling hurt.

Soul looked at her with a shocked look. “What? No! No!... I’m sorry, I’m just having a hard time dealing with all this right now,” he replied. “I’ve lived with my parents for so long and I always thought that I would be living with them for at least a few more years… But this whole thing, the fight with my mom… Well, I’m not even sure what I can do with my life anymore. I’m not sure what kind of future I’m going to be having with my mom probably hating me.”

Sunset was silent for a moment before she leaned forward and kissed Soul on the cheek. “Hopefully the kind of future that has me with you,” she said as she looked at Soul with a smile.

Soul looked to Sunset and smiled back at her. “Thank you,” he said. He then let out a weary sigh. “Well, this has been kinda a bummy weekend.”

“Yeah, but at least some good did come out of here. Like you getting to live with me,” Sunset said. “And, well, when you’re feeling up to it, I’m still willing to pick up where we left off before your mom went ‘Almighty’ on us.”

Soul chuckled. “Yeah, that would be pretty sweet to do,” he said. “...But right now, I just want to have some time to get over this.”

“I thought so… You know in situations like this, you think that this would make people more willing to have sex with their partner,” Sunset commented.

“I think it helps after you have done it with them for a while, but… this would be our first time, and I don’t want any kind of problems that could ruin what it would make it special.”

“Yeah, I agree,” Sunset said before making a devilish smile. “Though, you are free to do anything you want with my booty here~”

Soul blushed violently as he looked to see Sunset wiggling her brows at her.

“Eh… Uh… I’ll k-keep that in mind,” Soul said. “Why do you have to tempt me like that?”

“Because it’s fun to~” Sunset answered before giving Soul a kiss on the lips. “And I know it makes you feel better.” She then laid her head on his shoulder and smiled at him.

“Heh… It kinda does.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“Let’s head back to your place. I’m feeling kinda tired being out here,” Soul said.

“Alright, I’m feeling the same.”

Sunset and Soul made their way back to their place, and once they got inside, the two crashed on the couch together. Soul turned on the T.V. and the two snuggled together as they watched. The two fell asleep together on the couch for the night as Soul had a small smile on him. While Soul was battling these feelings of pain and grief, he knew that Sunset would be there to comfort and help him in any way she could.


At the home of the Writer Family, the lights were off and the moon’s light shined through the window as Dawn sat on the couch not moving. She had dried tears on her face after sobbing not too long ago and stared off at three pictures that were on the top of the T.V. cabinet.

One picture had herself, her husband and Soul when he was an infant when they were living in the town before they moved. The second picture was when the family had moved in. Her mother, her nieces, Applejack and Apple Bloom, and her nephew, Big Mac, were part of the family photo. Her eyes wandered to the last picture where Novel was now part of the family along with Sunset who was being held by Soul with one arm.

Dawn slowly got up from the couch and walked over to the pictures, picking up the third one and looking at it closely. Before long, a tear splashed onto the glass of the frame.

“... I’m… I’m so sorry, Soul…… P-Please come back to me…”

Dawn brought the picture to her chest and sobbed quietly to herself. Part of her wanted to go and see her son and beg for his forgiveness. But another part of her was telling that it was too early and that she needed to give him some time to think things over. No matter what she wanted to do though, the pain inside her was still unbearable.

Author's Note:

Aaaaand I'm back everyone!

I wanna thank Azure_Shadow for helping me out for a lot of Sunset's lines and I want to thank KillerRobotQuote for his help editing the story.