• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,369 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,369

Chapter 24

Brides and Grooms - Part I

It was the first day of school after the holiday break and every student of CHS was returning. Holding hands, Soul and Sunset were walking together towards the school and saying hi to all of their friends. Just as the two were about to kiss and separate for their respective classes, the speakers came on as Celestia’s voice was heard throughout the school.

“Good morning, CHS,” Celestia greeted. “I am happy to see so many of you coming back here after the holidays. I hope you all enjoyed it and are thrilled to be back here. But before we get the day started, I’m going to be asking all of the senior couples of CHS to come down to the gymnasium today. I know this is an unusual things to ask, but I promise it’ll be worth hearing me out on this. I’ll see all the couples in the gym shortly.”

Sunset raised a brow and looked over to Soul. “What do you think is going on?” she asked.

“Only one way to find out,” Soul replied. “Besides, we’ll be in class together, so that’s a bonus for us.”

Sunset giggled. “That’s true,” she said before giving Soul a peck on the lips and heading off to gym with him.

Every couple in the school was soon gathered around in the gym. As each couple took the seats provided for them, Principal Celestia came strolling onto the stage before speaking into the nearby microphone.

“Good morning couples of CHS. As many of you are aware and very confused about, I’ve called you all here because I wanted to try out a new class experiment that you all can be a part of if you want,” Celestia explained. “What I am proposing is that CHS will be having classes of how to teach senior couples how to handle the process of being married.”

Everyone in the room started quietly talking and murmuring to one another with some of them getting worried.

“Now, now, there isn’t going to be a real marriage for anyone and we’re doing this because we deeply care about the students here and we want all of you to have a happy future with the ones you love,” Celestia assured. “It will only be a month-long class that’ll start today, and if you participate, it’ll count as a bonus grade for any class subject you may have trouble with.”

“So….. it’s like some kind of marriage simulation?” Swift asked.

“Correct, and while Luna and I may not have much experience with this—”

“Thanks for bringing that up again, sister,” Luna commented, earning her a glare from Celestia before she went back to the microphone.

“Ahem, as I was saying, as we don't have experience in marriage, we have asked for teachers who have experience in being married to give some wisdom and guidance on how to successfully have one,” Celestia explained.

“Huh, this sounds interesting,” Swift commented. “What do you think, Pi—”

Swift’s eyes widened and his mouth hung open as he saw Pinkie. She was wearing a full wedding dress that had completely replaced her usual outfit and was holding a bouquet of pink flowers. Everyone in the room caught on to this and looked at Pinkie with surprised expressions.

Pinkie looked around to everyone. “What? I’m just getting into the mood is all,” she said. “I know this isn’t real.”

“Phew, I thought for a mome—”

“I mean, after we get finished with this class, then we’re married by the state of…. wait, what state do we live in again?”

Swift’s eyes were half-lid.

“Normally I would question how in heaven’s name you would be in that dress so drastically, but I simply must say you look absolutely gorgeous in it,” Rarity commented.

Celestia let out a sigh. “This is going to be a lot harder than I thought this was going to be,” she said to herself. “Anyways, we have forms up here and we’ll need the signatures from both couples and their guardians agreeing to participate in this. After that, we’ll start the classes next week. Grab these forms and head on to your classes for the day.”

Almost every couple lined up as they got their forms together and went on their way to their classes. Just as Sunset and Soul went and got their forms, they did the same.

Soul looked at the form for a moment before looking at Sunset. “So…. You wanna try this out? Sounds like it could be fun,” he asked.

“Yeah, it sounds interesting,” Sunset replied.

“You don’t mind the idea of pretending to be married to me?”

Sunset giggled. “Of course not, I love you!” she said. “This could really be fun.”

Soul smiled at her. “I love you too, baby,” he said before leaning towards her and giving her a peck on the lips.

“I can’t wait to try this out! I wonder how the other couples will handle this?”

“Well, we have a pretty good idea on how Pinkie is going to handle it.”

“Hehe, she treats it like the real deal.”

“Heh, yeah. So next week, you’re going to be Mrs. Writer for a whole month.”

“Heh, I can’t wait.”

As the two were walking down the hallway, they soon came upon Sunset’s classroom. Soul looked over to Sunset and held her close to him.

“I better head on to class since it's on the other side of the school,” Soul said before cracking a sly smile. “I’ll see you in a while, Mrs. Writer.”

Sunset looked at him flirtatiously. “Later honey~” she said before giving Soul a passionate kiss.

Later in the day, every student was in the cafeteria as it was lunch time. Most of the seniors were talking about the new class that was going to teach them about marriage and how it was making some of the female students thinking it was a dream come true. Over by the the gang’s table, Rarity and was dreamily staring at Clyde while he stared at her back with a smile.

“Oh god, it’s gotten worse,” Night commented.

“It’s not that bad,” Fluttershy said before she earned a raised brow from Night. “Okay, maybe it is that bad, but they just really like this new class is all.”

Night let out a sigh. “Yeah, I guess I can understand that,” he said. “You sure about going along with this? I didn’t think you would be comfortable with this.”

“O-Oh, it’s fine with me,” Fluttershy said. She stayed quiet for a moment before speaking up again. “I-I…. always wanted to see what it would it be like being with you is all…”

Night’s eyes widened and he started getting nervous. “A-Ah, I see…. That’s interesting to hear,” he said. “I guess we’ll find out together.”

Fluttershy smiled at Night as she held his hand.

“So Rivet, what do you think of all this?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Meh,” Rivet simply replied.

“Why am I not surprised by that answer?” Rainbow Dash said to herself.

“Don’t get me wrong, I like the whole idea of pretending to married for a month, but I think everyone is making a too much of a big deal about it,” Rivet explained. “Especially Pinkie.”

“Swift, when am I going to get a wedding ring?” Pinkie asked.

“Beg pardon?” Swift asked as he was caught off guard.

“My wedding ring!” Pinkie clarified. “I mean, we’re married, right?”

“Pinkie, we’re just pretending to be married!” Swift explained.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want my wedding ring,” Pinkie countered. “Plus, by the rules of the school, we’re officially married.”

“It’s temporary.”

“Who said it was temporary?”

“The principal!”

“But I thought we were getting married for real!”

“What!?”

“I mean come on, why just practice it when we can get the real deal?”

“We’re taking it so we understand what it’ll be like when we’re married. Nothing is official!”

“Are you saying you don’t want me to be your wife?” Pinkie asked as she started to tear up and give Swift her puppy eyes.

“No, I—”

“Don’t lie to me, you misleading bastard!” Pinkie shouted before she slammed her head on the table and started crying.

Everyone at the table looked at Pinkie with blank expressions before looking at Swift. Swift looked at Pinkie for a moment before letting out a weary sigh. Swift got up and made his way out of the cafeteria.

“Where are you going, Swift?” Zero asked.

“I’m going to go pick up something from my locker. I had a feeling something like this would come up,” Swift answered before he left the lunch room for a few moments before returning. He sat back down at the same spot next to Pinkie, who was still crying. He held up a golden band ring and tapped on Pinkie’s shoulder. “Would this do for a wedding ring?”

Pinkie sniffed and wiped her tears away before looking at the ring with stars in her eyes. “Oh Swift, it’s so beautiful!” she marveled at the ring before putting it on her ring finger. “Where did you get this from?”

“It belonged to my grandfather before he passed away,” Swift answered. “I gave you a ring that's very important to me because you're important to me too.”

Pinkie smiled at Swift as her eyes were now tearing up with joy. “You’re important to me too, Swift!” she declared before pressing her lips against his passionately.

‘Heh, awesome,’ Swift thought to himself as he accepted the deep kiss from Pinkie.

Everyone at the table all went “aww” at the couple. Passing by the table, Warhawk, Straight and Treble were going to their table and saw the whole thing unfold before their eyes.

“..... What the f*** did we just see?” Warhawk asked.

“Not a single clue man, not a single clue,” Straight replied.

“Totally made sense,” Treble said, earning him half-lid looks from both Warhawk and Straight.


Later after school, Dawn was looking at the form as both Sunset and Soul were sitting on the couch. Dawn looked over the form carefully before looking at the two with a smile.

“Well, I have no problem with you two taking this class. I think it would be very beneficial for you two to learn what it means to be in a committed long-term relationship,” Dawn said proudly.

“In other words, it’s a trap,” Comet commented as he walked through the living room with Novel in his arms.

Dawn gave her husband a glare before looking back at the two again. “Anyways, yes, I would be more than okay to sign this,” she said. “But I’m kinda wondering how're you’re going to get your parents to sign for this if they’re all the way—”

“Don’t worry, I have that covered,” Sunset interjected. “I’ve been able to get the signatures I needed ever since I came here and it always—”

“You’ve been forging the signatures, haven’t you?” Soul guessed.

Sunset let out a sigh. “Yes, I have been,” she answered defeatedly.

“Well…. I guess in this case, I’ll just act like I didn’t hear that,” Dawn said. “Let me write my name down and… Hold up, parents can volunteer in this?”

Soul gulped as his mother had read the part that he dreaded. Before he could get a chance to say anything, Sunset beat him to it.

“Yes, Principal Celestia thought that parents would like to come to the classes and tell everyone about their experience of being married,” Sunset answered. “Of course, she does have a few teachers that would teach the class if there’s not enough volunteers.”

Dawn smiled brightly at the thoughts of teaching a bunch of young teens about the importance of marriage and abstinence until then. She always enjoyed telling her oldest child the importance of it and putting the fear of God in him. Dawn stood proudly as she placed her hands on her hips. “Well, you can count on me to volunteer,” she said. “I’ll teach those kids what marriage is all about.”

“Oh no,” Soul said with dread.

“It would be wonderful to have you in class with us, Dawn!” Sunset chimed.

“But I won’t just teach those kids what to do in the marriage. I’ll also tell them what they can and can’t do outside of marriage,” Dawn said, “like sleeping in the same bed over and over again while you think I’m not aware of what you two are doing every night.”

Sunset looked at Dawn with a blank expression before pursing her lips. “I’m beginning to regret this already,” Sunset commented.

“I’ve already regretted this,” Soul added.

“And that, you two, is the first thing about marriage: Prepare to be disappointed about your spouse,” Dawn joked. “Like how your husband isn’t as big as he described himself to be!”

“I talked big, okay woman!?” Comet yelled from the other room.

Sunset blushed while Soul covered his face with his hand in embarrassment.

“God, kill me now,” Soul prayed.

It was now evening as Soul had taken Sunset back to her place. The two watched T.V. together on the couch while they cuddled together. As they were watching a program, Sunset leaned over and planted a kiss on Soul’s cheek.

“I think this is going to be a lot of fun!” she chimed. “You and me acting like we're married. Hehe, it feels like a filly’s little fantasy being with her knight in shining armor.”

“Am I your knight in shining armor?” Soul asked with a smug smile.

“Hmmm, more like my Jedi Knight in brown and white robes,” Sunset joked as she giggled.

“...... I'm okay with that,” Soul said as he smiled at her. “I'm really excited to do this with you. You're the most important person that I love.”

Sunset smiled at Soul as she gazed into his eyes. “You're the most important person that I love too, babe.”

“Come here and give me some of that sugar, baby~”

Sunset looked at Soul with bedroom eyes before pressing her lips on his. They held each other’s hands as they kissed passionately and Sunset leaned forward towards Soul to be closer to him. Even though they were taking a class about being married for the time being, to these two, it was the real deal, and they felt more than prepared for the challenges that were to come.

Author's Note:

Behold a new arc! Hope you enjoy it!

I wanna thank KillerRobotQuote for his editing and proof reading!
And I wanna thank BRyeMC for the idea for this arc and thanks for Azure_Shadow for helping me out with the scenes!