• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 985 Views, 7 Comments

Diamond Princess 2: A Queen To Be - Night-Moon-12



What happened after The Diamond Princess? Well, this what happened Twilighta sent three letters to the Crystal Empire, Canterlot, and Ponyvillie.

  • ...
3
 7
 985

Answering Questions, A New Family & An Old Face From The Past (Edited)

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait
But, oh well..
Enjoy
Night

Kate Breeze walked home with the lavender filly cradled in her forearm of her left leg, Kate only needed three legs to walk on. Her husband heard the front door open and close very quietly, whatever the reason was for that he didn't mind all that much.

"Courting Honey, can come out here?" Kate spoke softly trying to wake up the lavender filly up, as she placed the filly on a big pillow with a soft velvet blanket to cover up with and provide warmth.

"Hon, why are..." Gentle Courting stop as he saw the little filly sleeping peacefully, her left eye had been blacked from a punch. The right corner of her mouth was swollen, her horn had a branded mark around it's base. "Who is this, Kate?"

"The Foster Child of Stolen Care and Heart Blade, as for her name that I do not know."

"She's so thin and I can see her ribs... what we're they doing to her, Kate?"

"From the looks of it, she hasn't been fed for 9-10 years... Ice Wind and I found her in a cage in the basement of the house, and it looked liked they were going to dispose of her."

"Kate... She's waking up..."

Twilight moved her legs to stretch only to feel pain shot through every muscle in her body. She felt something soft and fluffy around her holding her in a warm embrace. Her head lifted as if it was a marionette pulled off of a stage, her right eye twitched before slowly opening. Her vision was blurry but that quickly cleared up as she turned her head, when she spotted the couple sitting near her she became frightened and hid under the blanket causing her muscles to ach, burn, and snap in half making Twilight scream in pain and cry in fear.

She wanted to be dead right from the agonizing pain and fear running throughout her tired, yet very frale body. Kate tossed to the blanket to floor magic and placed Twilight gently in her hooves through via magic, as Courting flew to the hospital for help.

Kate gently rocked Twilight back and forth while humming a little tune before her voice swept over the pained and crying filly.

"There were times

That I felt alone

That nobody cared

That nobody loved me

But my heart

Played a different tone

I let you in

When you heard its melody

Though broken and crippled and faint

You made it strong

You saw its beauty

And suddenly, with no restraint

I sang a bit more" Kate took a breath gaining the air she needed to continue her song, as the filly's crying stopped as she became enveloped in Kate's words. "Knowing you has set me free

Your truth, it has changed me

And helped me to grow

Your loyalty broke down

My heart made of stone

Your smile it fills

My soul with glee

Nothing will break me

Cause I found a friend in you

And you found the magic in me"

Courting arrived with the doctors just the sing ended, the filly was taken to the hospital and placed in surgery that lasted for almost 36 hours. Gentle Courting nor Kate Breeze couldn't get a wink of sleep to save their lives, they were worried sick of the little filly Kate and Ice had rescued. The head doctor came to the waiting room with a file in his mouth, with a grim look on his face. Kate and her husband wondered if something went wrong during the surgery, what if that filly was dying or worse.

The doctor raised a hoof, silencing the pair before the could even open their muzzles. The doctor spoke up when his throat was cleared. "The filly is fine. All her bones are broken, all but her skull. We've been able to mend her bones, but she'll need plenty of rest and will be an orphan if nopony takes her in."

Kate's mind raced over everything that had happened, this filly needed parents, Courting and herself wanted children for years. They're a perfect match, and Courting knew what she thinking just by her expression.

"We'll take her in." Courting said braking the stillness, causing the doctor to look at him.

"Alright, but being parents is a hard job."

"We haven't been able to have kids and that filly needs a home. Beside, she can't be sent to an orphanage... I won't allow it."

"Okay, calm down Mrs. Breeze. Let's get the paperwork and make you her parents. But I will need her files, although I'll get them later."

The next day, Twilight was taken home by her new parents, and she found the little princess knew her life would only get better with the years to come.

-------------

2 Years Later...

Twilight sat on the swinging bench on the protch of her home, her mother, Kathleen 'Kate' Breeze, was at work. Her father, Gentle Courting, was making lunch for his 'Little Princess', Twilight loved that nickname but in all truth she really was a Princess. Twilight was happy with her family it was like nothing could go wrong, until when school came around, she was always picked on because of her appearances. The teachers always give her special classes to keep the bullies of her hide, she a couple of years ahead of most students, mostly due to her love of learning and reading.

She didn't have any friends at school so she was a freak, an outcast, an egghead, or a bookworm. The name calling didn't bug Twilight much but there was something missing from her life, a very special somepony.

She turned her gaze back to her, The History of Alicorns - Chapter 25, Section 1 - An Alicorn's Origin. Page 579, Paragraph 15.

'Well most Alicorns are born through the great Alicorn Kings and Queens, those that are a product of a Wish are not only considered to be rare, but also are to have limitless power, youth, and strength.'

Twilight stopped reading, she could more powerful then the Celestial Beings themselves. A sudden gleaming light got Twilight's attention, she turned her head downward to the flower bed the glimmering light was reflecting off of some sort of metal bar. Twilight put a bookmark in her book before closing it, she climbed off the swinging bench onto the protch, and from the protch to the flower bed. She lit her horn trying to pull the metal bar out of the ground, but it wouldn't budge.

'Well... I guess I'll have to dig...' Twilight thought, as she began to move stones out of the way so she wouldn't end up kicking them when she'd start digging. Twilight spent 12 minutes digging that metal bar out of the ground, the metal bar turned out to be the handle of an old, dirty hoof mirror. Twilight placed the mirror on the protch as she buried up the hole she had made, once that was done Twilight's father came out with lunch.

"My Little Princess, it's time to wash up for lunch. Please, don't make it get cold before you can eat it again." Courting asked from in the Dining Room.

"Okay daddy. I will." Twilight answered, picking up her book and the mirror in her magic. She trotted up the stairs to her room, she entered the massive ceilinged room. She walked over to her half moon shaped bed, sat her book and the mirror on the comforter, went to wash up her hooves that were caked in dirt.

Twilight sang a soft tune,

"When ten years have passed, my love

Please return to me

I'll be waiting here for you

Our love shall ever be

Though your heart belongs to the sea

I will still be true

I'm here waiting patiently

And still in love with you."

As the little princess sang a song ment for the one pony she hadn't seen in years, the mirror began to glow with magic that swirled to the center of the glass and a face formed instead of the magic. At first the face resembled Young Twilight's own, but changed to that of her signifigant other's; Prince Sombra Lightwing.