• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,571 Views, 23 Comments

Wolf of Legend - YeetingHunter



The wolf of legend has returned. This god will bring Equestria into a state in which it has never seen before.

  • ...
5
 23
 1,571

Chapter One: Blue Eyes

There was a mountain in the broader of Equestria, the land ruled by the sun and moon.The wind from outside the mountain top cave quietly blew into the entrance of said cave. The floor and walls were coated with a thick, blue layers of ice, untouched by pony hooves for eons. The cave's end was blocked of by a 5 foot thick sheet of ice, blocking almost a fourth of the cave off from the world. The only movement in the cave came from a snoring, small white scaled dragon.

The dragon would only be around Celestia's height, which is small by dragon standards. His breath slowly when in and out of his nose. A mist would follow the exhale of the dragon due to the cold temperature of the cave.

Suddenly, a chilling wind swirled through the cave, making the dragon shiver under his scales. The white scaled dragons groggily opened his eyes, wondering what woke him from his slumber. He sat up in confusion. It should have been impossible for him to feel the chilling winds of the north, but her he was, soaking in the temperature of the outside. "Hu, guess pa was right about how cold it was up here. Should of stayed down south with him and ma." With a shrug he when back down to a comfortable to try and fall asleep.

But, unknown to him, a powerful individual was forming in the cave behind him, towards the closed off section of the cave. Behind the sheet of ice, a silent blizzard of white snow swirled around like a tornado. A light blue light emitted from the swirling snow. It was dull at first, but continued to grow in intensity till it shone through the thick sheet of ice separating the dragon from the blue light.

The dragons eyes shot open. His scales could feel the magic in the light, but what frightened him was that this magic was powerful enough to get under his scales. He sprung up from his position, and looked over at the blue light with fear. What ever was going on back there was extremely magically powerful.

Behind the icy wall the light slowly dimmed to nothingness, leaving a dog like creature. The creature was laying on it's stomach with it's head on it's snow white paws. Each claw in the paws was a icy blue. The back of this creature was grey, along with the top of it's tail. The limbs and stomach of the prone being were a snow white. This creature was majestic, but the most noticeable feature of the creatures surface was it's eyes. They were a bright, light blue that were like orbs of light in darkness.

The dragon stared at the dog like creature in confusion. "What the hell?" the dragon thought in his native tongue. The dragon jumped back when a voice filled his head.

"Move, dragon." The dragon smiled at this, thinking his mind was playing tricks. "Fine, your safety dose not concern me anyhow." The dragon eyes went wide before he was knocked to the ground by a powerful force. The force broke the barrier between the two life forms, allowing the dog like creature to approach the grounded dragon.

"I told you to move dragon, but you were too stubborn for your own good. Typical dragon." said dragon sprang to his feet once again, but was meet with the sight of a Luna sized creature. "To answer your obvious question, I am in the form of a wolf."

"H-how did you-" the dragon stopped midsentence due to his mind being read by this ... 'wolf'.

"It is a skill I have pick up over the eons. It is quite simple, but that is mostly due to my godly powers." The white dragon was still trying to comprehend what was happening, but was failing miserably. "I see your mind is in a state of confusion. I will take my leave then, mortal." With a slight nod of it's head, the wolf sprang from its standing position and out the cave opening.


Mountain side

The wolf was hopping from cliff to cliff with ease. "Dragons have lost there ambition. What else has change in Equestria during my time away?" the wolf thought to himself.

After a hour of uneventful hopping the wolf reached the base of the mountain. The base of the mountain was unlike the mountains top. It was covered in lush grass and wild flowers. The farther the wolf walked into the heavily vegetated area, the darker his coat became. Eventually when he reached the tree line of a forest, his coat was completely black.

He broke into a speedy sprint into the forest, running over offending bushes and swirling around trees. The animals stared at the wolf. There senses, such as smell or hearing, picked up on his movement, but al they saw was a black blur. They were drawn to this blur, as if they knew it from birth.

After a quick run, the wolf came across a stream. He laid on his stomach and dipped his muzzle into the cool water. He sucked the water into his muzzle, ignoring the approaching creatures. He was until one brushed against his hind leg. Turning his head, the wolf saw a white and brown rabbit with light blue eyes. "What do you need, little one?".

The rabbit did a few motions, using body language to communicate. "A Timberwolf? No, I am not a timberwolf. I am unaware of this timberwolf. What do they look like, and do they have any abilities?" the wolf asked. The rabbit nodded and began to draw in the dirt. The black wolf raised a paw, signaling the rabbit to stop, which it did. "Do not strain yourself. I will simply search your thoughts."

The rabbit gave a confused look, but was surprised when a tingling feeling enter it's small skull. The rabbit started to get nervous as the eyes of the wolf glowed brighter, almost like a fire. The bright light stopped on the spot, going back to its dim glow. "These timberwolves are not my creation. I need to find one and trace it existing magic. Thank you for your time, Rugle." The wolf said to the rabbit.

The rabbit's jaw unhinged at the wolf calling him his name. The wolf stood up and turned north, but could not go anywhere due to a horde of animals blocking his way. Every animal was ether staring at the wolf, wide eyed, or there jaws were open. The wolf raised a eyebrow, "What is it?" the wolf questioned.