• Published 14th Nov 2011
  • 3,492 Views, 16 Comments

The First Ever Brotherhooves Social - Starwind Dood



Big Macintosh suggests hosting a Brotherhooves Social

  • ...
1
 16
 3,492

Part 3

"Applejack! I love you!" Northstar yelled out as Cosmic dragged him away from the social. "Okay you can stop that now, Cosmo. You're scraping my stomach."

"Sorry, I just needed to get out of there fast." Cosmic let go of Northstar. His face was plastered with a decisively mischievous grin.

"Hm? Cosmic? You got something evil on your face." Northstar pointed out.

"Oh? This? I just managed to get a kiss from Apple Bloom."

"Huh? Then what was with the whole cooties reaction?"

"Oh, that was an act."

"An act?"

"Yes. While you tried to woo Applejack by being adorably dorky, a plan I find completely lacking in integrity, I played a clichéd aloof colt. Given the opportunity I knew Apple Bloom would kiss me just to mess with me if given the opportunity and will probably continue to smother me in feminine affection just to mess with me."

"Wait," Northstar's eyes shot open, "you're acting like you don't like it to provoke her into kissing you more!"

"More or less," Cosmic replied.

Tear streamed down Northstar's eyes. "I'm so proud of you!" Northstar tackled Cosmic into a brotherly embrace.

Cosmic smiled. "I figured you would be."

"Okay! Now you need to teach me some tricks. How can I get Applejack?" Northstar already had his brother in a death hold. Nothing was going to stop him from winning over Applejack.

"Of course, big brother. I just hope you have big pockets."

"Oh you so evil."


Big Macintosh stared at the hundred of papers before him. His eyes were tired just looking at them. He sat himself down as if to actually tackle the mountain of work, but found himself incapable of making the first move on the work. "Dang it, just start already," he told himself, "t'ain't gonna get done any other way." Still, his body refused to move.

Big Macintosh looked outside a window. Outside, Applejack and Apple Bloom were cleaning up the Brotherhooves Social. He wished he could be out there with them, but he had put off the paperwork from last night and now had to pay the price. He would be up all night working on bills, payments, inventory checks, and profit analysis.

"Macintosh," An elderly voice called to him.

"Comin', Granny Smith," Big Macintosh called back. He turned away from the papers and made his way to Granny Smith.

"Could you read this for me?" Granny Smith held up a medicine box, the instruction print too small for her tired eyes to read.

"O'course," Big Macintosh replied. He actually knew the dosages by heart now. He opened the box and shook out a couple of pills. "Here you go."

"Thank you, Macintosh." Granny Smith took the pills from him and downed them with a cup of water.

"No problem, granny," Big Macintosh replied, returning to the dining room full of papers.

In the dining room filled with papers Big Macintosh found Applejack. "Hey," he said, "glad to see you ditched the shirt."

"I still don't get it," Applejack replied, but choosing to think over it no more. "This all the papers you gotta do?"

"Eeyup," Big Macintosh replied.

"Seems like hard work. I look at this stuff and it goes over my head."

"Granny Smith taught me when I was little," Big Macintosh said as he sat himself down to return to the work. "Somepony's gotta do it, and I'm the only one," he sighed.

"Yeah, somepony does have to do it…" Applejack looked down at the papers. "You know, I also wanted to apologies about the other day. When I was being all prying."

"Apology accepted," Big Macintosh replied.

"That sure was easy," Applejack laughed a little. "But, listen, I also want to say that, well, I care about you. You've just been actin'… different lately. I ain't gonna pry further now, but remember I do care about you, and I want to see my big brother smile like back when we was just little foals."

Big Macintosh smiled a little. "Thanks Applejack… but right now… I really need to finish this."

"I won't stop you, but for one more thing." Applejack ran to the kitchen and back. She returned with a plate of fresh apple fritters and a cup of ice cold apple juice. She placed the meal right next to Big Macintosh. "Since the last fritters of mine you had were cold, I went and made you some fresh warm ones."

"Thanks, smells good." Big Macintosh turned to his sister. "I'll be fine. I've pulled all nighters before."

"Good to know." Applejack smiled. "Just, when… and if you're ready to be honest with me, can you let me know."

"Sure."

"Thank you." Content with the answer, Applejack returned to the field. She still had some cleaning up to do.

Big Macintosh looked at the plate of fritters. He took one and bit down.

"Oh no! I am not having another one of your fritters."

"But I worked on the recipe!"

"No way! Last one I had almost melted me."

"This is different!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes! Wait."

"Here you go!"

"Hey wai- mph mph mph."

"Well?"

"These actually aren’t half bad, AJ."

"See!"

"Give me another."

"No way. You're getting fat."

"No I'm not. My growth spirt is just finally kicking in."

"Catch me if you can, then!"

"Applejack! Wait up!"

"Ha ha ha!"

"Applejack! Siiiiisteeeeer!"

Big Macintosh sighed. "Still a little burnt," He laughed. He looked back to the papers. Suddenly, this was nothing.


"What a nice letter, Applejack," Twilight commented as Spike finished writing up Applejack's letter to Celestia.

"Glad you think so," Applejack replied.

"Man, my claw is killing me," Spike groaned.

"Need some ice, little bro?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, for sure, big sis," Spike replied.

"You two seem awfully close." Applejack smiled.

"I guess racing together is a great way to bond," Twilight laughed as she made her way to the kitchen. "Sure was fun. We'll have to compete in the Sisterhooves Social next year too. Oh, is that allowed?" Twilight asked.

Something lit up in Applejack's head. "Of course you can. If you can get Spike to wear a dress," Applejack laughed.

"What!" Spike shot up.

"Oh! That’s an excellent idea and could provide lots of valuable data!" Twilight's face lit up with the possibilities.

"I never agreed to this!" Spike cried out.

"Oh calm down, Spike. I'm just teasin'," Applejack giggled. "Anyway, I gotta head out."

"Oh? I was just about to fix up some lunch," Twilight sighed.

"Yeah, cold sandwiches I bet," Spike chided.

"A properly built sandwich is high in nutritional value." Twilight retorted.

"Maybe another time, but I need to go ask Fluttershy and Rarity for some favors right quick." Applejack turned to the doorway. "Take care, Twi'," She called back as she ran off.


"So we're goin' campin'?" Big Macintosh sighed, eyes heavy from pulling an all nighter of paper work.

"Eeyup," Applejack replied.

"In our own acres?"

"Eeyup."

"Why?" Big Macintosh questioned.

"Because," Applejack started, "I want the three of us to have some happy memories together."

"Hm? Three?"

"Over the past few days, I've been having lots of fun with Apple Bloom, and it reminded me of when we was small. I thought it's great that I can make these kinds of memories with Bloom, but you didn't get that opportunity, Big Macintosh." Applejack looked down. "Even more so we've been growing distant. You're all alone in the house staring at papers if you're not working while I'm out here hogging Apple Bloom away from you, even by accident. Heck, if I'm not doing that I'm off with them crazy pony friends of mine getting in some crazy adventure."

"It's all right," Big Macintosh replied, "Apple Bloom looks up to you and I would never try to take time away from you bein' with your friends."

"But it's not all right," Applejack replied, getting close to Big Macintosh, "We're a family, and family is suppose to be close. You have another little sister, and that little sister needs remindin' that she has a big brother."

"So you want us to go campin' to bond?" Big Macintosh asked.

"Eeyup!" Applejack smiled back.

"Applejack," Big Macintosh smiled, "thank you." He may not have a little brother that looks up to him, but he has two incredible little sisters.

"I'm just doin' something we should have done the moment Apple Bloom bucked her first tree," Applejack turned back to the path, "I wish you saw it."

"I'll just have to be sure to catch every other first she has."

"Good, 'cause Rarity is going to teach me how to do paperwork."

"Huh?"

"I said you need to get out more, and I ain't helpin' by being selfish and keepin' all the paper work on you." Applejack smiled.

"Why, thanks Applejack."

"It's something I should of done sooner anyway." Applejack nodded. "Also, how was the profit range for the Brotherhooves Social?"

Big Macintosh looked down for a moment. "We profited, but not by a lot. Not enough to justify the effort anyway," Big Macintosh sighed. "I suppose that's the end of the Brotherhooves Social."

"And the Sisterhooves Social," Applejack added.

"What!? But that's always profitable."

"Yeah, but that's so we can be more profitable my making a Siblinghooves Social." Applejack lit up. "A day for all brother, and sisters, and sisters who have brothers, and brothers who have sisters. I'll work on the name later."

"That’s a great idea," Big Macintosh replied. "Wonder why no pony thought of it before?"

Applejack laughed. "I guess the Apple family is made up of a bunch of silly ponies."

"Guess so," Big Macintosh replied.

Applejack stopped. "We're here."

"Big sis! Big bro!" Apple Bloom called back, a small tent pitched next to her. "Do I pitch a tent or what!"

"Eeyup, you sure do." Big Macintosh replied.

"Now then, why don't you get to cookin' up some grub," Applejack replied as she pulled out a pan. "Hey Apple Bloom, have you ever had some of Big Macintosh's pancakes?"

"Nnnope," Apple Bloom replied.

"Well then, what are you waitin' for, Big Mac? Your little sisters are starving."

Big Macintosh laughed to himself. "I can’t have that. I need to make sure you're fat so no colts try and take you away from the farm."

"Oh you don't need to worry about that," Applejack laughed, "if Northstar thinks he can get a kiss from me he's gonna need to buck a few trees first."

"Well then, pancakes, comin' up, for my little sisters."


Dear Princess Celestia,

Howdy, this is Applejack. I'm writing to you about something I learned that's more than just friendship. It's about family and loved ones. My brother, Big Macintosh works himself to the bone to get the paperwork in Sweet Apple Acres done every day. When we were young the two of us were nigh inseparable, but as time went on we grew apart, and I can't rightly say it's all his fault. While I'm having the time of my life adventuring with friends, working the farm, and raising Apple Bloom he has to coop himself up in the house or work to keep the farm afloat, and, until recently, I never realized how lonely he must have felt doing it all.

I'm not sure if you've heard of our Sisterhooves Social event, but it's a day to celebrate sisterly bonds. Well, the day after, my brother comes to me with an idea for a Brotherhooves Social and we decided to host it. While setting it up, Big Macintosh and I got into a fight. I kept trying to get him to open up, and he wouldn't have it. I didn't get it at first, but later is when I finally did realized he's kinda lonely. Apple Bloom spends all her time looking up to me, so during the Brotherhooves Social I had told Apple Bloom to participate in the race with Big Macintosh. The two had a blast, even if they didn't win.

I guess you could say I learned that we need to cherish our family bonds. I've done Big Macintosh no favors by refusing to learn to do paperwork for so long, and Apple Bloom has been deprived of a big brother for too long. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a camping trip waiting for me.

Your subject,

Applejack

"What a lovely letter." Celestia remarked to myself. "Sisterhooves Social... that sounds like such wonderful fun I can have with my only family." Celestia gazed through her window out into the starry night sky. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it too, little sister." Celestia smiled.

"INDEED, BIG SISTER!" Luna replied from across the hall.

Comments ( 6 )

4.8 star + :eeyup: = :pinkiehappy:

This is the best one part pony story I've ever read. The only other fic like this I can think of that compares is Sweet Apple Capers. You, sir, have captured what makes the show great flawlessly. :pinkiehappy:

5/5

THIS BETTER GET A FREAKING SEQUEL!

#4 · Nov 15th, 2011 · · ·

31946
I don't think it needs a sequel b/c everything basically ties up neatly at the end, but...what it could use is another episode, because that's essentially how this is written. Think of it as Fan canon AU "Fanon" if you will, really good Fanon that skews into an alternate 1985, alternate to the mainstream but canon for everyone else.

P.S. That's a lot of pressure people are putting on this author.

#5 · Nov 20th, 2011 · · ·

simply amazing :D well done sir! :pinkiehappy:

Very touching, was hoping that Big Mac would eventually buck the stallion that was infatuated with Applejack. You know, the whole big brother thing.

Login or register to comment