• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 2,004 Views, 54 Comments

Reminisce : Swift Slash's Shadow - Neon



Swift must find a place to live to survive other guild's attack. But where will he go?

  • ...
8
 54
 2,004

Chapter 6: Reminisce

"Sir, we have found where he is!" A minion said with his buddy, running up to their master at his throne.

"Is he in Ponyville?" Francis asked.

"Yes! He's also a pimp!"

One minion smacked the other.

"What he means is he is around a lot of ponies. He's never alone."

"Do you know where he lives?"

"We have suspicion he lives in Cloudsdale with a weather mare."

"Do they have feelings for each other?"

"We're not sure."

"Find out! If they are, capture this mare and leave him a note telling him where to come to rescue her. We can't kill him if he's around a lot of ponies! We need to draw him out!"

"Yes sir!"
***

Rainbow Dash and Swift had been living together for a month now. To Rainbow's surprise, Swift was clean, organized, nice, and generous. He cleaned after himself, cleaned the house when Rainbow wasn't around, and paid the bills when Rainbow needed help with them. He was not nearly as bad as everypony made him out to be. The two have been getting along real nicely, and Swift started developing caring feelings for Rainbow. He would protect her from any danger, as if her bodyguard. Rainbow was the only pony that Swift cared for and could talk to. One day, his feelings for Rainbow had been challenged....


Swift opened Rainbow's door and entered the house. He had been invited to a party and wanted to see if Rainbow wanted to go....

"Rainbow! You there? Rainbow!....." Swift called out. He looked in every room, every corner, every crack. He couldn't find her. "RAAAAAAAINBOOOOOOW!?" Swift bellowed.

Nothing.

He looked in the last place he hadn't checked yet. The Bedroom.

Swift entered the bedroom, and to his surprise, nopony was there. What WAS there, was a note. It read.

To find your special pony, make sense to this change of events, blood on the walls is our master plan, Then find your mare back where you began.....


"Those sons of bitches...."


'They filly-napped Rainbow!' Swift thought to himself, while flying towards Ponyville. To find my special pony, make sense to this change of events....blood on the walls is their master plan, find Rainbow back where I began....!!!

Flashback!

He turned around to see the words YOU'RE NEXT in blood on the wall....

"They took her to Anvil..."

****


"You'll never get away with this!" Rainbow yelled at the minions.

"Aw, shut up ya dumb bitch!" The minion spat.

"What did you just call me?!"

"Did I st-u-u-ter?" These minions were sarcastic little bastards.

"Swift is going to murder you little foals, I swear it!" Rainbow said.

"Keep yapping, nopony is listening."
***

Swift grabbed his arsenal from his chest, and began his journey to Anvil. This time, he was completely healthy, full of energy, but most importantly, full of rage. He flew through the night's breezy air, with ease. He had it in his mind to completely annihilate every Guardian that gets in his way. He got to Anvil in no time.


He made his way up to the old Assassin headquarters. Everypony who was once dead on the floor was now gone, even his father. The blood that once stained the floors and walls was all gone. The only thing that remained, was the message that had made him cringe. The words 'YOU'RE NEXT' painted on the wall with blood. It was stained. It was faded, but it would remain there forever.

There was a note on his father's desk. It read:

Good! You figured it out. No more riddles, sorry! Anyway, your precious mare is with us, at our headquarters. You want her? come get her!


Swift was angrier than ever. He had traveled all this way to find that he had to go someplace else. He was filled with pure anger.
In fact, he was:

0% luck
25% skill
20% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
and he was going to give the Guardians a 100% reason to remember his name.

He took off in a heartbeat, flying towards the Guardians headquarters. He had never flown this fast before, the power of friendship is sure as hell something.

It didn't take him long to get there. When he landed in front of the master Guardian's throne, he left cracks in the ground.

There the Guardian master was, sitting at the top of his throne. Rainbow was shackled in chains next to the throne chair. The master Guardian was petting Rainbow's mane as if she were his pet.

"Ah, Swift Slash, we FINALLY meet face-to-face!" Francis said.

"Get your filthy hooves off of Rainbow!" Swift demanded.

"What? Do you love her?" Francis mocked.

"You could say that...." Swift admitted.

"So, would you mind if I..." Francis cut off, going in to kiss Rainbow.

Swift charged at Francis, both his hidden blades drawn, ready to turn Francis into a ka-bob.

Before he got to stabbing distance, two huge Guardian minions drew their spears in front of Swift's path, slowing him down.

"So, you're too much of a coward to kill me by yourself, eh?"

"What are you talking about? They're here to make sure you don't cheat!" Francis said, then leaping out of his throne chair. Francis pulled out his prized possession.

It was a huge, doubled sided battleaxe. Not only was it sharp and pointy, it was on fire.

"Wow.....what a rip off," Swift said.

Francis swung his ax at Swift. Swift jumped over it and hacked down with his sword. The sound of metal-on-metal filled the air. Rainbow was being guarded by the two other Guardians, to make sure she doesn't try anything. She was rooting for Swift, but the Guardians shut her up.

Every time Francis swung, Swift had no choice but to dodge it. If he tried to deflect it, the immense weight of the ax would over power Swift's sword, disarming him. He also couldn't afford to get hit from the ax either. If the impact didn't kill him, his burning robes would.

Swift had thought that Francis was poorly trained with fighting, since he sat on his ass all day. But Francis could kick some flank.

Francis kept swinging, Swift kept dodging. Swift was waiting for the moment to strike, but Francis wouldn't let that happen.
When Swift saw he wasn't going anywhere with this, he flew past Francis and cut the chains off Rainbow and picked her up. She was severely weakened by the Guardians, so she wasn't capable of flying. Once he passed Francis with Rainbow in his hooves, Swift stabbed him in the shoulder blade, and pushed him face down into the ground.

"Get him!" Francis yelled, then coughed and grasped for air. He spat out blood.

Four Guardians flew after Swift with bows and arrows. Francis stayed back, Swift had penetrated deep enough to stab Francis in the lung. He wasn't capable of flying after Swift.

Swift flew with Rainbow in his arms, the only thing he cared about, was getting Rainbow to safety. The four Guardians still chased Swift, firing arrows at him. He dodged every attempt.

"*Cough* Th-thank you, Swift," Rainbow croaked.

"No problem, Rainbow Dash," Swift said.

Rainbow went in for a kiss, Swift saw and went in to meet her halfway. The second their lips touched, Swift felt a sharp, hot, stabbing pain in his right wing. He looked back to see that an arrow that was on fire had hit his wing. He collapsed.

When he fell, he made sure Rainbow landed on top of him. When he hit the ground, he grunted. He had got the wind knocked out of him.

Rainbow got off of him right away, and looked at Swift, crying.

"SWIFT! Are you okay?" Rainbow asked.

Swift wheezed.

"Yeah...I'm fine! Don't worry."

Rainbow kneeled over Swift hugging him, and said:

"Swift, I...I love you."

'She...she loves me? She loves me!'

"I....I-" Swift said, then saw something in the corner of his eye.

He pushed Rainbow off of him, and embraced for an impact.

Another arrow, on fire, had been launched and penetrated his heart.

Swift eyes opened widely with shock, then his eyes closed slowly.

"Swift? SWIFT? SWIFT!!!!" Rainbow yelled, crying.

Swift had died
*****




As Rainbow lay sprawled over Swift's grave, crying, she sung a song.

"So trot with me through the Autumn leaves,
And keep close to stay warm.....
Soon you'll see how much you mean to me....
Feelings I've never felt before....."




The End

Comments ( 36 )

Haven't got around to reading the story yet, but I have a question that's been bugging me. How exactly do they go about doing parkour without the use of hands?

763730 Oh, I don't mean like climb on buildings, I mean like jump off building and stuff.

763743
They should be able to climb buildings.
Why? Pinkie physics, my friend.

763738>>763743
So basically they're jumping on and off buildings.

763760 Eh, you'll see. I barely do it.

763915 Thank you for saying it politely :pinkiesmile:

I really don't see the point of disliking such a good story.:facehoof:

763949 Thanks! :pinkiehappy: I don't think the people who disliked it read the whole thing.

Not an Assassins Creed crossover

Crossover would imply that some characters from the AC serie would get in in your story.
Maybe in this case that would be a more a theme rip-off. :rainbowwild:

Hey! Look over there who worked on Brotherhood and Revelation. :trollestia:

764395 justify reason or die 1000 deaths I loved the story but that killed it just like mass effect 3 did please write a alternate ending or die :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

764432 You can only die once you know. :trollestia:
And I'm no the writer

764356 I'm sorry but I'm going to have to remove that comment :( Too big of a spoiler.

765667 Then you might really enjoy my other fanfic!

Give it a try if you want! It's called:

The Blaze In My Heart

766590 XD I feel like an annoying person tryna advertise themselves. Sorry! :derpytongue2:

764457 whoops didnt look :twilightblush::twilightblush::twilightblush:

When I first saw this I said "What?" :rainbowhuh:
I then started reading, and began to like it. I laughed (yea, who didn't) at the different moments when Swift messed up, "You ran into my closet and yelled: 'Where the Hell is Narnia.' " :rainbowlaugh: :twilightangry2: That was epic!

There's still something I don't quite get, about Swift punching trees and sending them 10 feet away, I mean, I get it, Swift is strong, but even the steroid filled pegasus (that white one in Hurricane Fluttershy, that always said "YEEAAAHH") would have a hard time punching that tree and even rip it out from the ground. I only wanted to point that; being in a comical fashion, what I said doesn't have much (if any) worth.

Sad ending, but it couldn't be better. However you could have done a bit more than just a song from RD, feels like something is lacking (and I can't think of Rainbow singing), but still the ending was great.

Throwing all of the above aside for a moment, I want to thank you for making some "tribute" (let's call it that way) to Assassins Creed, because if it was a crossover I wouldn't have read it, since I haven't played any game of the franchise (besides the mobile versions, but that dosn't cut it) and I didn't want to spoil the story for me (more than it actually is).

One more thing, the title (Reminisce), I never heard of that word, and it magically fits the fic! With those two factions and their culture, any other title would have been horrible (I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty true (I think)).

Another great fic, and the cover image adds a great touch, I can't help it but say "Sooo awesome!"
/) :rainbowkiss: (\

please change the end. I think it would be much better with a more happy ending:applecry::fluttercry::raritycry:
Beyond that great story

848750 Wow, never had someone write out a full review in the comments! Thanks for your criticism and positive comments. I have 5 fics in the process of being made (I like writiing fanfics :rainbowlaugh: ) and they all have a better premisce than this story (for the most part) You can watch me if you want and maybe you'll like them too! (You don't have to watch me, I'm not a watch whore, just asking xD)

852184 Sorry man, but I wanted a sad ending. I like making 'sad' stories because I like the feeling when somebody says they cried when they read my story (I'm not a freak, I promise) And I hope to touch as many souls as 'My Little Dashie' did. Most of my stories I am going to write will be sad, so sorry you didn't like the ending all that much, and thanks for the compliment :pinkiehappy:

853142

I'll keep in mind the fact of watching you, besides I'm thinking of writing fanfics of my own too, sounds like fun to keep your mind off of videogames, and everything (within a limit) can happen in what you tell, the hard part is to get other people to get interested, though it's not the end of the world!

While we are at it I want to ask something, whenever I get a fanfic done, would you mind if I get you to read it for criticism? I wouldn't like to do a fic without revision. And I'm sure you know more than me for story narration.

853224 I wouldn't mind at all! Whenever you get it done, tell me and I'll read it whenever I get a chance :pinkiehappy:

913225 Is that a good thing? lol I iz confuzed.

1220937 My friend told me to put it in the group. A crossover would imply it has to do with the AC universe. It doesn't, but it has elements. So it references AC. Therefore, it makes sense to place it in the group. Especially since the main character wears Ezio's robe.

That ending...
WHYYY!!! :raritycry:
SO SAD!!! :raritydespair:

*Sniff* But, good story

1382774 Thanks! ;3

Awesome. You sir, get a another faver. You also get MisterGTFO's Seal of Approval.

images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31600000/GTFO-lol-31637855-320-319.jpg
Don't take this wrong now, this one is good the other GTFO one represents the shittyness of a Fic. Be sure to read my fic series, Assassin's Tear's fics.

1392526 I'm sorry Mr. GTFO, but I don't read fics ;~; Whenever I try to, I literally forget EVERYTHING I just read. It really annoys me so I just gave up. Not to mention I'm trying to learn to make dubstep, so I have no time to read.

1393093 kk, I understand. I shoulda know the name "Neon" had something to do with dubstep. I couldn't put my finger on it though... lol

Alternate ending??

THAT WAS SO ANTICLIMACTIC IT WAS FUNNY (ironically)

ehhhh this fic has me grey zoned, I wanna like it but can't. It's not bad over all, but the ending is just, bad. You build up a love interest and immediately kill it, not really a tear jerker. I can however appreciate someone not being changed by their interactions with the mane 6, which is why i like it. You just never see that.

Login or register to comment