• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 828 Views, 2 Comments

Picnic Between Friends - TheGreatEater



[Goldenverse Fic]Twilight agreed to go on one of Discord and Fluttershy's Sunday Picnics for his help when Scootaloo flared. Now it's time for her to mare up and go. Even if it breaks her sanity to do so.

  • ...
11
 2
 828

A Friendship Report

Dear Princess Celestia,

I know I haven't done this in ages, but this really does require a friendship report. Today I had a picnic with Discord and Fluttershy (by the way, they were acting weird with each other. I'll need to look into that later), and I admit I was expecting the worst, but I'm glad I went anyways. But I'm glad I did.

Discord really has changed, and I think Fluttershy is good for him. I was surprised that he was full of sage advice. I thought he'd be full of crude jokes, snide humor, and nonsensical insanity. But that's not the strangest thing. He gave me advice that wasn't twisted, convoluted, or made to corrupt me like I feared.

I’ve been waiting to figure out what I was supposed to do as a princess, a if the answer was supposed to be given to me.He told me that I should be the princess I want to be. I have a lot of thinking to do, but like Fluttershy said, my friends will always be by my side no matter what.

So I guess the lesson is that sometimes, rather than waiting for others to tell you who you are, you need to find out yourself. But as long as you can be happy with yourself, and trust in your friends to be there with you, then no matter the answer, at least you can be happy with yourself at the end of the journey.

Also, I want you to know I'm your friend, too. If you ever need a pony to talk to, I'm here for you, just like you've always been there for me.

Your friend,

-Twilight Sparkle.

P.S: I'm going to help my friends together in Discord and Fluttershy's picnics on Sunday. If you and Luna want to come along too, feel free.

Author's Note:

Do y'all remember these? I bet Celestia does, and probably misses them. So I thought I'd end this with a little something of a nostalgic nature. It felt fitting.

Comments ( 2 )

You know for a moment I thought of a threesome between Fluttershy,Treehugger and Discord would happen in the future.

Nah, I that pony gives me the willies. XD.

Login or register to comment