• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 2,990 Views, 60 Comments

Idyllic - lollipopchica



Sometimes love isn't the heal all people say it is. Sometimes it cuts and burns leaving behind all kinds of nasty scars. When the heart's desires pushes against the mind, what's a pony to do?

  • ...
7
 60
 2,990

Chapter 17

"If you ingrates want a war I will show you how our kind wage war."

Whitehoof jerked back as his eyes flickered with fear. Princess Luna was in charge of the military for a reason. The look on his wrinkled face almost made Celestia laugh.

"Luna, please! Hasn't there been enough violence?" She wanted to punch the fat noble just as much as her sister did, but being Equestria's leading diplomat she had to control herself.

"Tia! They're being completely unreasonable." The younger alicorn defended herself before turning to face the angered nobles. "The changeling is gone and there is nothing more that can be done. I say good riddance.” The ‘execution’ was a disaster and the changeling had escaped. The dragon that attacked had even managed to escape any trailing party thanks to the effectiveness of the surprise attack. By the time forces had organized well enough to give chase, the beast was gone. Luna didn’t know how the Queen escaped, but something told her that this was a good thing. Elytra had strongly advised them not to give chase as there was nothing to chase.

"But who’s to say that they would not regroup and attack." One shouted boldly before shrinking back into his seat when Luna turned her glare onto him.

"Changelings are no more. You heard what Elytra said. They were cursed. All that is left now are our brethren." Celestia was as practical as ever.

"Brethren?! They hold allegiance to that demon!"

"No they don't! One cannot call themselves a Queen with no people. Simply put, their survival no longer depends upon her. They are free to live as they see fit. My sister does not discriminate!" Again, the lunar being highly doubted anypony formerly a changeling would travel just to set up shop in Equestria.

"Those demons will feast on our souls if you allow them in our country, Celestia!"

"Do you even know what changeling's feed off?"

The alicorns could tell by the looks on their faces that they didn't.

"Enough." Came Elytra's voice. "If it is blood you want, Sir Whitehoof, it is blood you will have."

"But the changelin-"

"I would leave now, sir." Her tone was sharper than steel and the look in her eyes promised things that contradicted her appearance.

The stallion scampered out with haste followed by his comrades.

"What're you planning?" Celestia asked with worry after the throne room had cleared.

Elytra turned a kind smile to the two sisters. "This is my mess, Princess. I appreciate your attempts to clean it up, but this is how it was always supposed to be." And now to tie up the loose ends…

Luna narrowed her eyes, "You're not serious... You can't be serious- Tia!"

"I have lived a long time... Longer than you... Please, do not discourage me. There are other things I wish to experience with ponies no longer on this plane. You'd be doing me a favor. Honestly, could you both bring them back and sentence them in the way your people demand?"

She gave them a knowing look as they both lowered their eyes for a moment of discomfort. "There has been enough suffering. Allow me to alleviate what is left." Elytra continued.

She had fought, but in the end it hadn't been enough. Elytra had not wanted to be saved.

“I take full responsibility. Had I never done what I did, changelings would have never been created. Their existence is my fault so I take credit for their actions. All of their actions.”

Luna stared out over the country she and her sister governed as she thought over the now deceased alicorn. Sometimes she wanted to throttle these cretins but her sister loved them so. She did too. With a sigh, she turned to see Celestia staring at her with a concerned expression on her face.

"You're not still upset with me are you?”

Luna sighed. "I'm not upset with you Tia, just those nobles who think they can boss you around. I'm disappointed it had to come to this."

"Yes... Well… Elytra was adamant."

"And Discord?"

"He understood."

She was silent. "Do you think they're happy now?"

"I hope so."