• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 2,990 Views, 60 Comments

Idyllic - lollipopchica



Sometimes love isn't the heal all people say it is. Sometimes it cuts and burns leaving behind all kinds of nasty scars. When the heart's desires pushes against the mind, what's a pony to do?

  • ...
7
 60
 2,990

Chapter 12

Author's Note:

Just a little heads up- this chapter might be a little graphic.

No more or less strange than the last time I said something might be strange.

Just so know...

-Lolli C.

Cadance’s words refused to leave Shining Armor in peace. Divorce was not something he’d planned for. What would his family say when everything came to light?

How had everything gotten to this point? He downed what was probably his seventh drink in the last hour. The bartender just left the bottle. Ever since his wedding his tolerance for alcohol was the highest it’d ever been. Justyx couldn’t hold a candle to him now and the thought made him even more upset.

How had he ever forgotten that? Shining Armor wondered after another round of drinks.

And if he had loved Chrysalis so much, how had he forgotten that too? Cadance had always been there. She was the one that was supposed to bear his name, and his children- so why had fate conspired to rob him of that? More importantly why did it take an imposter to inspire those feelings in him about her?

‘But it wasn’t some imposter,’ His mind lecherously supplied. ’It was a mare from your youth that was ready to leave an entire empire for you… A mare you trusted to hold your heart as it broke with the loss of your brother.’

With a snarl the Captain drank more as the room began to spin.

“Captain… what’re you doing?”

Shining Armor tensed as a dark haze clouded his thoughts. “I don’t believe it… Did she really send you to come and get me?” Of all the ponies in the castle, did his soon-to-be ex-wife really send her lover to retrieve him from a bar?

Faust shrugged. “She trusts me.”

“I bet…” He snorted downing the rest of the bottle that the barkeep had left him.

“You shouldn’t do this here.” Shining Armor was renowned for his control. For Faust to see him so unhinged was unsettling.

“Oh no?” He mocked willing the other to go away. “This coming from you!”

Dark eyes narrowed as the pegasi realized where this was going. “Would fighting make you feel better?”

“Fuck you.” Shining Armor snarled as he tensed. While he honestly wanted to throttle the other, he still had some shred of control.

“I know I probably de-“

Why couldn’t he keep his mouth shut? The white stallion attacked before he could talk himself out of it. “You should’ve never slept with her!” He ground out as he crashed into the other, sending them both to the ground knocking down chairs and a table. A pony screamed as an unfortunate waiter was knocked down.

“Hey!” The barkeep shouted at the two from behind the counter. “Security!”

The two were a rolling mass as one fought to hurt and the other tried to avoid injury.

“You should’ve never ignored her!”

“Don’t speak on what you don’t know. I didn’t cheat!”

They were ripped apart from each other. Shining Armor struggled against the magical and physical forces that keep him apart from the stallion he wanted to demolish.

“But you do it all the time in your head! All you had to do was be there for her!” Faust returned with his own sneer. The bouncers managed to move the hostile ponies from the lobby to the backdoor in seconds.

Moments later the two were tossed into a back alleyway as a door was slammed shut behind them. “Kill each other out back,” one of the bouncers had said before locking the door. Shining Armor wasted no time attacking the pegasi again.

“There’s a reason I’m the Commander!” He sneered as he secured dominance over the other.

“Were…” Faust coughed as a hoof bit painfully into his throat cutting off oxygen. “You traded a gem for a vixen and it’s your own fault!” Somehow he managed to stun the unicorn with a hard blow from some item lying about on the grimy streets.

Shining Armor groaned as he fell off to side allowing Faust to recover.

“She’s not… Don’t talk about her like that!” There was a time that no pony could understand him like the former queen could and it bothered him that ponies could judge her so unfairly.

“You love her…” He winced. “What’s so wrong with that if that’s how you truly feel?” Faust was a simple pony who preferred instinct over propriety. It was obvious who his Commander wanted, so why couldn’t he admit it?

“Everything.” The two were a panting mess as they eyed the other warily. Shining Armor’s head ached miserably.

“You can’t have them both…” Faust sighed as he sunk down beside the other. Both were bruised from their scuffle. “And Cadance…. She doesn’t trust you anymore.“

“Don’t you think I know that?” Shining Armor growled to which his soldier shrugged still breathless.

“What’s done is done and your anger can’t change the past… I’m sorry, really…” Faust apologized for both things within and out of his control. After a moment of silence, the pegasi quietly took his exit leaving a word of caution as he was swallowed by the night. “You should sober up, Captain. I won’t tell Cadance about this.”

The pegasi’s words continued to linger in his mind, along with those of his wife. Everypony was telling him to deal with what had happened. To accept that things had changed and that there was nothing he could do.

Well there’s a reason behind everything and Shining Armor could visit his and express his ire.

With a grunt, the emotive stallion decided that was exactly what he was going to do.

*-*-*-*-*

There were nights when the Changeling Queen was able to fall into a blissful sleep free of dreams.

Tonight was not one of those nights, and Chrysalis lay in her chamber bed feeling sick and alone.

Ever since she’d woken up in this god-forsaken place the sense of loss she felt that day had yet to be muted. Most days she was able to swallow the bitter guilt and put on a brave face. But at night when she was alone and black oblivion refused her, her strength fled and she felt like the filly she used to be all those years ago. She was already broken and the fools had not a clue. Usually the thought of her daughter was enough to rouse some kind of will within her, but not tonight.

Her heart ached so terribly she barely registered the overwhelming anger that suddenly wafted into her domain. She managed to rollover as her gaze locked on the shadowed figure of another.

“What… are you doing here?”

The look in Shining Armor’s eyes was hard as he stared at the changeling queen. She was the reason his wife was leaving him, why his country was in a state of unrest, why he lost his job. It was her fault.

All her fault.

She'd used him and made a fool of him.

Chrysalis turned to regard the stallion whose eyes burned into her. There was none of the normal warmth or kindness swirling in his blue orbs. Part of her was afraid of that look, while another part of her ached at the sight of him.

He was hers once upon a time and now...

Her eyes narrowed as he advanced upon her. “What’re you doing?” She asked weary of the unsettling emotion that he radiated. Scuttling off her bed, Chrysalis backpedaled until she hit the wall. She watched as he moved through the magical barrier that prevented her type from leaving.

When Shining Armor shoved her against the wall the former changeling queen had no idea what was going on. Part of her was anxious for some kind of interaction. Emptiness was as exhausting as it was cold and she desperately wanted to feel something else. She almost leaned forward into his touch.

Almost.

She certainly hadn’t expected it when his hoof traced her jaw and moved to her mane. The changeling was too shocked to register anything else until she felt her oxygen supply being cut off. Chrysalis’ eyes widened as she began to struggle in the face of his assault. The magenta glow of his magic painted him in a tortured light. She winced as he whispered things that made her cringe.

“I bet you thought you were so clever!” He muttered. “You ruined everything you two-faced conniving bitch!“ The way he hissed the words in her ear made her shiver.

“St-stop… Ahhh… Shining, please…” Chrysalis never thought she’d see the day when he was this out of control. As black spots began to swim in her vision she was suddenly released, crumpling to the ground as tears burned her eyes and her lungs greedily sucked in oxygen with breaths that were quick and loud.

“… trifling bitch! How could I ever love something like you? How could I ever choose you over Cadance? You-“ He roughly yanked her up as he began to shout and berate her, shaking her. “How could this have happened?! You lied… and used me and,” he growled something unintelligible before tears of frustration fell from his now black orbs. “And I still… I still fuckin’ want you…” He managed brokenly. Chrysalis could barely comprehend the words before he crushed her mouth with his.

Shining Armor was angry. So very angry and so was his kiss.

Chrysalis felt her body respond to his, despite his ill treatment. They managed to feed her love here, but it was never enough to fully sate her. She groaned against his mouth as he pressed none too gently against her.

There was nothing loving or kind about his treatment of her and they both knew it. Shining Armor had come to demean her as he satisfied his own lust for something he wasn't quite sure of.

There was hunger twisted in his loathing and with a cry of surrender, the changeling knew she'd take it.
Anything was better than the guilt and loneliness that infected her heart. His anger was a welcome change.

The kiss they shared was bruising and desperate and before she knew it, he'd spun her around and took her hard from behind pressing her into the wall.

She cried out as she felt him settle inside her gasping at the intensity of his emotion and the filling sensation of him deep within her.

He was punishing her, and it cut at her heart to know he'd treat her like some common whore. Is that what he really thought of her she wondered with bitterness, whimpering as he hit her spot over and over again.

Shining armor couldn't believe what he was doing. He hated her for what she'd done to him and yet even now when ponies threatened with revolts and disregard for the law he couldn't get her out of his mind.

Everything came back to her.

Groaning at the heat which encased him, the stallion realized he wanted to see her eyes as he took her. Her elongated pupils were such a brilliant contrast to her dark features. Before he could rationalize his thoughts, he pulled out of her and flipped her over onto her back.

The look in her bright green eyes made him ashamed. The expression on her face was a mix of rapture and misery. She was hurting and he was a part of the reason.

Chrysalis bit her bottom lip to keep from mewling at his lack of action. She'd been made to feel a lot of things and then after the joining it helped that she seemed to have a lack of feeling. Now, since she'd had him back in her life she couldn't stop feeling. The loss of her hive, her family, was so much more acute. Everything she’d tried not to think about hit her full force and her sobs couldn’t be contained.

So when Shining Armor settled back inside her, this time he was gentle, taking his time enjoying the feel of her body against his.

This was the stallion Chrysalis remembered and that made it all the worse.

“Shhh...” he whispered kissing away the salty droplets as he rocked against her wanting her to feel something besides the misery he knew she felt. “I'm sorry Chryssie... I'm so sorry.” Chrysalis sobbed as she felt his anger replaced with his own brand of loathing and concern. “I’m an idiot! I… please don’t cry…”

She nodded as she clung to him, moaning softly into his ear. “Mmmm... Please don’t stop Shining.”

“I won’t,” he groaned. “I won’t.” He thrust harder, making her whimper as she closed her eyes. She felt his mouth brush against hers, before engaging her in a desperate coupling of lips. When he finally came the sound was muffled by her mouth as she followed him over the edge seconds later.

Shining Armor held her as she trembled and continued to softly cry. The two slid to the ground no longer able to support themselves. Her teal mane spilled around them and the duo were an unkempt pile of limbs as they wrapped around the other.

“I... I’ve never been alone like this before,” she whispered. “I feel so cold all the time... and the worst part is not knowing if they're okay. Not being able to feel them.” She paused as a cruel realization came over her. “I used to crave the silence, but now... I never wanted this...” She needed him to know that as she propped up to tell him so. “I never wanted any of this.”

Her eyes were full of so much pleading the stallion found himself nodding. “I know… I believe you.” And part of him did.

Satisfied with the look on his face she slowly settled back down. He pulled her closer. “I hate this,” she was so bitter.

“Chrysalis,” he murmured. Regretful eyes fell onto her bruises. Carefully he ran a hoof over them, making his stomach churn. He had done that. He moved to untangle himself but the mare refused to let him go.

“No…” She managed, burying her face in his mane. She couldn’t be alone right now. “Don’t leave… you were angry… It’s… okay. Maybe… Maybe I deserved it.” And she did, she thought. What did her pain matter when her people were deceased?

“No… you didn’t…” Shining Armor assured disgusted with himself. “We… can’t fix each other, but maybe we can hold the other together.”

The changeling hummed as she lost herself in a different kind of numbness.

*-*-*-*-*

When Chrysalis awoke in her bed the next morning, the previous night was somewhat of a blur until she realized she was wrapped around the body of a stallion.

Her body ached and she found herself under the curious gaze of her night time partner.

“Morning,” he rasped.

She blinked as the previous night’s events assaulted her memory. “M-morning…” she stuttered unsure of how to proceed. What had she been thinking?

"How did we meet?" Came Shining’s Armor soft voice.

"Why do you want to know?" She sighed slowly pushing away from him as he didn't answer. She sat on the far side of the bed sitting on the edge with her back to his eyes. Her daughter seemed a bit more active than usual, she thought as she tried to soothe her stomach. Perhaps she felt the distance from her father.

"Answer it, please."

Whether she wanted to acknowledge it or not, things had changed between the two. Chrysalis had needed to properly grieve, but she never imagined Shining Armor and sex being a part of it. However, her loss was still very real even if some of the edge was blunted.

"You saved my life."

"I remember. You didn't like me very much."

"You don't like me very much. Why are you here, Shining Armor?" She'd been weak last night, but now she had a clear head. She noticed his eyes on her bruises and casually hid them with her mane.

He blinked and said the words that still stung. "Cadance is leaving me."

Silence. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this." She shook her head bitterly for a number of reasons. She was an idiot- Shining Armor didn’t need her. Even as she thought the words, she knew they weren’t true. She could taste it.

"It wasn't your intention to invade Canterlot?" He was curious, no accusations to be hurled. For months he’d been angry and frankly, he found it too tiring to continue that way.

"No... After the wedding I would've left and no pony would've been the wiser. None of the invasion was planned." She was quiet. "I'm sorry about Cadance... She really did care about you." And much to his surprise, she meant it.