• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 1,923 Views, 33 Comments

I Found Love: Pinkie and Cheese - MLP Fangirl



The impossible has happened. Pinkie Pie refuses to smile. What caused this state of depression? Will Pinkie ever smile again? There has to be somepony who can help.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,923

A Bit of Happiness

Pinkie Pie was sitting up on her bed, petting Gummy. She wanted to smile. She wanted to laugh. She wanted to go see her friends. But, something within her forbade her from doing so.

Pinkie closed her eyes, tears slowly dripping down her face. "Somepony, make it stop. I don't want to be like this. I want to be happy. Why won't you leave me alone? Please, I can't take much more of this!'' She shook her head violently, placing her hooves on her ears. "Just make it stop!"

She perked up when she heard hoofsteps approaching her bedroom. She wanted to get up and greet them, but reluctantly she lay back down on her bed, falling back into her state of depression.

The door opened, but Pinkie was faced the other way. She didn't care who it was. She wanted to, but she couldn't. "Go away." She mumbled, not worrying about who she was saying it to.

"I can't very well do that, young filly. I just got here."

Pinkie's ears perked up at that. She knew that voice. She slowly turned her head and saw before her none other than Cheese Sandwich.

Her face began to turn up in a smile, but something stopped it.

She wanted to leap up and hug him with everything she had, but she knew she could not. Cheese had become one of her best friends during Rainbow Dash's party. She had longed to see him again, and now he was here. She wanted to be happy, but she couldn't be.

She sat up on her bed, looking at the party pony in awe. "Cheese?"

Cheese Sandwich felt his heart sink when he saw her. Her cute fluffy mane had become lifeless, draping against her back in a dull fashion. Her friends had tried to prepare him for the sight, but even as he stood there, he couldn't believe what his eyes were witnessing.

"Pinkie," his voice was dripping with concern as he approached the bed, "What has happened to you?"

Pinkie sighed, "Cheese, I..." She closed her eyes in sorrow. "I want to tell you, but I...c-can't." He noticed her wince in, what looked like, pain.

Cheese sat down next to the bed, putting a hoof over the mare's own, "Pinkie Pie, your friends are worried about you. And seeing you like this has made me worry. Why can't you tell me?"

Pinkie pulled her hoof away from his, "Cheese, please, just...just go away."

Cheese shook his head, "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong."

Pinkie looked up at him with tear-filled eyes, "Cheese, you don't understand! I--" Her teary expression suddenly changed into a look of anger. She narrowed her eyes at the stallion. "I don't want you here. Go away!"

Cheese stepped back from the bed at her sudden outburst, "Pinkie, wha-"

"I said, 'GO'!" Pinkie yelled at him, causing Cheese to take another step back.

Cheese Sandwich didn't want to, but he reasoned he didn't have a choice. He slowly walked towards the door, looking back at Pinkie.

"I'll be back."

Cheese walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Once he left, Pinkie's expression softened. After realizing what happened, she broke down in tears.

"Cheese, I'm sorry," she buried her face in her hooves, "Please...I need help."


Cheese went back to the Friendship Palace, seeing nowhere else to go. As he walked, he couldn't stop thinking about Pinkie Pie. He had never seen her like this before. True, he had only spent so much time with her, but from their time together, Cheese could tell that Pinkie was just like him. And he rarely became sad, and when he did, he'd take his mind off of it by doing something fun.

But, there was something else about Pinkie's behavior that gave him pause. He arrived at the castle before he could complete his thought.

He entered the throne room and saw the same group of ponies that were here earlier.

Twilight sat up from her throne upon seeing him, "Cheese! You're back. Did you figure out what was wrong with her?"

Cheese looked down, "'Fraid not. I did get her to talk. But, I didn't really get anything out of her."

"Well, what did she say, darling?"

"Did she say what was wrong?" Fluttershy got off of her throne and walked towards the stallion.

"Well...she said that she...couldn't," Cheese looked up, eyes filled with worry.

"She...couldn't? But, why?" Applejack trotted over to him as well.

Cheese shrugged sadly, "If I knew that, I wouldn't be worrying as much. There is definitely something wrong with Pinkie. What, I haven't the foggiest. But, I'm going to find out."

"You mean we are going to find out. We are not about to let our friend, wallow in self-pity or whatever's bothering her. We are going to help in any way we can." Rainbow put her hooves on her hips in a determined manner.

"Do you think we should all go and talk to her?" Fluttershy asked.

"We've only tried that like three times already," Applejack gave a pointed look towards the shy pegasus, "And that worked out jus' fine."

"Maybe she'll respond better upon seeing all of us. We are her friends, after all," Rarity shrugged.

Rainbow shook her head, "She hasn't talked to Fluttershy, Twilight, Discord, or Cheese. What makes you think she'll talk to us? Even if we did all go, I doubt it'd change anything."

"Well, we've got to figure something out. We said we were going to help her, and we will. She's our friend, and we are not going to let her suffer like this." Twilight narrowed her eyes.

"Good luck with that. Have fun. Me? I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when Pinkie's smiling again," Discord summoned a blanket and pillow, lounging on Twilight' throne.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Discord, now is not the time to be snoozing. We have a job to do. Now, get up." She poked him with her horn.

"Ow, that thing's sharp you know. And no, you have a job to do. I'm not part of this. I'm sure you ponies can figure it out fine on your own. You've done it before, haven't you?" Discord pulled the blanket up more and turned the other way.

Twilight huffed, "You are impossible." She was about to turn around when an idea hit her. She looked back at the draconeques and smirked. She knew a way to get Discord to cooperate. "Discord, come on. I need your help. You'd rather sleep than help me? Well, it's nice to know how much you care about me." She looked away in a sad pretense.

Discord rolled over on his back, "Twilight, I'm trying to--"

Twilight gave him the biggest puppy dog eyes she could muster. The other ponies watched with amusement at the spectacle.

Discord's eyes widened, "Oh, no, really? You had to use the Puppy Eye Technique on me? You know I can't resist saying no to you when you do that."

That's kind of the point. Twilight thought to herself. She let out a sad whimper for added effect.

Her efforts proved to be successful as Discord sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll help you."

Twilight's expression turned back to normal upon Discord's agreement, "Thanks, Discord. You're the best." She flew up and kissed his cheek.

Discord smiled, "Yes, I suppose I am."

Rainbow cleared her throat, "If you two are done flirting, we can get back to the matter at hoof. Though, great job, Twilight. That was priceless."

Twilight and Discord both looked away, blushing.

Cheese laughed, "Okay, that was funny. Weird, but who cares? Certainly brightened my day a bit."

"As amusin' as it was, we should git back to Pinkie's problem. Not used ta sayin' this, but ah wish Pinks were here talkin' ma ear off." Applejack took her hat off, smiling sadly.

"I know, Applejack. Despite it being annoying at times, I miss hearing her bubbly voice." Rarity sighed, recalling some things Pinkie Pie would say.

"We all do. But, don't worry. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this. I think you girls can head home now. We've had a rough day. " Twilight turned to Cheese. "I have a room available for you, Cheese. You can stay here until this all blows over."

"Thanks, Princess. Hopefully, this whole fiasco will be over with soon. I really want to spend some more time with her," Cheese looked off to the side.

The girls left one by one until Cheese, Discord, and Twilight were the only ones left.

"Well, I'd better head home as well. I'll see you tomorrow, my dear." Discord gave Twilight a kiss on the cheek before vanishing.

Twilight showed Cheese to his room then bid him goodnight.

Cheese walked over to the window, looking at Sugarcube Corner.

"Don't worry, Pinkie. I'll help you. And, I'll make sure I get a smile back onto your pretty pink face. That's a guarantee."

Author's Note:

Don't expect daily chapters all the time. I've just had lots of ideas, and I figured better to write them down before I forget. I'll probably be taking a break from this for a few days.

Sorry for the short chapters, I promise they'll get longer.
Anyway, enjoy!