• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 1,904 Views, 33 Comments

I Found Love: Pinkie and Cheese - MLP Fangirl



The impossible has happened. Pinkie Pie refuses to smile. What caused this state of depression? Will Pinkie ever smile again? There has to be somepony who can help.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,904

Just Leave Me Be

Discord and Twilight entered Sugarcube Corner. The moment they walked in, Twilight felt a sense of dread course down her spine. Why? She didn't know, but she was about to find out.

"Princess Twilight! Discord! Oh, thank Celestia!" Mrs. Cake rushed up to the two of them, throwing her hooves around the princess.

"Whoa, Mrs. Cake! What's going on? Are you all right?" Twilight brushed herself off when Mrs. Cake let go.

"Oh, I'm fine. Carrot Cake is fine. Pumpkin and Pound Cake are both fine. But," her ears fell, "Pinkie...isn't."

Twilight and Discord looked at each other in shock.

"What? What's wrong with her?" Twilight's heart began to speed up in her chest.

"I don't know. My husband and I have been trying to get answers all week. She's not talking. She's hardly left her room. And worse...she refuses to smile." Mrs. Cake stated grimly.

"Pinkie Pie? Not smiling? I'm leaving. The world's ending," Discord turned around to leave, but Twilight stepped on his tail. "Ow!"

Twilight shook her head in disbelief, "I can't believe it. She threw a party for Octavia about three weeks ago. And she was fine." She put a hoof on her head, trying to think.

"I know. We catered for the event. And, she was fine." Mrs. Cake turned her head towards the staircase. "We haven't been able to get anything out of her. But, maybe you can." She stepped aside and nudged her head upwards.

"All right. Come on, Discord." Twilight began walking, but stopped when she didn't hear anything behind her. She turned around to see Discord biting his nails.

"Well? What are you waiting for?"

"Do we have to? I don't know if I can face a sad Pinkie. The thought of it just gives me the creeps." Discord's body shivered at the notion.

"You turned Pinkie into a party pooper. That's about as bad as you can get." Twilight retorted smartly. "Now, let's go." She trotted towards the staircase again.

Discord shrugged and followed the alicorn up to the second floor of the shop.

Twilight opened the door ever so slightly. "Pinkie?" she whispered, "Are you in here?"

No answer.

Discord turned around, "Guess she's not home. Let's go." Twilight stepped on his tail again with her backhoof.

Discord yelped, grabbing his tail with his paw. "Stop doing that!"

"Shush! I'm going in." Twilight lit up her horn, pushing the door open.

The room was dark, despite it being the middle of the day. Twilight glanced at the bed and located her friend. Her happy expression quickly turned into that of horror.

Pinkie lay on her back atop her bed, staring at the ceiling. Gummy was next to her, with the same blank expression he was known by. Her eyes lacked the fun they had bared a few weeks prior.

Twilight bit her lip before entering the room completely. She approached the bed slowly and cautiously. "P-Pinkie Pie? I-it's me, Twilight."

Twilight was grateful to see Pinkie turn her head to acknowledge her presence, but alas she said nothing.

"Um, Discord's here, too. I know you two are good friends. Right, Discord?" Twilight pulled Discord into the room.

"Hmm. Oh, of course. We're friends..." Discord trailed off, looking at Pinkie Pie, mane and tail flat. He quickly hid behind Twilight.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Discord. Stop being a scaredy-colt." She looked back at Pinkie, "Are you okay, Pinkie?"

Pinkie stared at her for a few moments before turning over onto her side, "Leave me alone." Her voice was quiet and sad.

Twilight felt her heart ache upon hearing her usually-bouncy friend like this, "Pinkie, please tell me what's wrong. I'm worried, this isn't like you." She tried to approach her, but Pinkie turned back around and glared at her.

"I said leave me alone. What part of that don't you understand?" Pinkie snarked.

"Pinkie, please." Twilight begged.

"Just leave me be. " Pinkie's flat mane covered her eyes as she looked at Twilight, but Twilight could feel the pink mare's stern glare on her.

"Listen to Pinkie, Twilight. She obviously wants to be alone right now. We should respect her wishes. Nice visiting you, Pinkie, but we've got to skedaddle. Au revoir!" Discord snapped his fingers quickly, teleporting both him and Twilight away.

Pinkie blinked from the sudden bright light. She looked to the spot where her friends just stood, a tear sliding down her cheek.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."


Twilight paced around the throne room. She had just finished telling her friends about their encounter with Pinkie.

"Hang on, one pony pickin' minute here. Pinkie ain't smilin'? I have a hard time believin' that," Applejack crossed her hooves with a skeptical frown on her face.

"Trust me, A.J., I don't want to believe it either. But," she sighed in frustration, "I saw her clear as day. She was as dreary as a rainy day on a trip to the beach." Everypony stared at her. "Okay! I'm not good with metaphors, but that's beside the point. I've got so many questions." She flopped down on her throne.

"Of course, you do. You wouldn't be Princess Egghead if you didn't," Discord curled around her throne, booping Twilight on the nose.

"Hey, the 'Egghead' line's my thing. I own the copyright." Rainbow Dash playfully swatted Discord on the head.

"By who? Rainbow Dash Incorporated?" Discord smirked back.

"Enough, you two. This is serious." Twilight reprimanded them.

"Yes, Rainbow, Discord. This is Pinkie Pie we're talking about. So, stop goofing around." Fluttershy scolded in her gentle lecture voice.

"Let's cover what we know. Pinkie is not smiling." Twilight stated in a matter-of-fact way.

"Her mane and tail are lifeless and dull. Still find that creepy, by the way," Discord pointed out, hanging upside down from Twilight's throne.

"She's not happy. But, why? What caused this?" Twilight was wracking her brain, trying to come up with a possible solution.

"The last time we saw her she was perfectly normal. But, that was three weeks ago. Perhaps something happened to her during that time, " Rarity suggested.

"Well, that's about all I've come up with. But, what? We need to get her to talk. But, as far as I can tell, she won't talk unless she's happy."

"And right now, she isn't." Rainbow huffed, landing on her throne.

"She wouldn't even talk to me," Twilight sighed.

"Another fact I find freaky," Discord shuddered.

"So, how do we get her to talk?" Applejack raised an eyebrow, "If she ain't talking to you, she prob'ly ain't talking to none of us."

"Um...I have an idea..." Fluttershy raised her hoof.

"Twilight? Do you know anything that can make her talk?" Rainbow Dash turned towards the magic expert of the group.

"Rainbow Dash. I am not going to invade her privacy. Even if I did, there's no way I'd use anything like that on her," Twilight scolded Rainbow for thinking of such a thing.

"Just saying."

"Um...maybe we can..."

"Why don't we ask her? Oh, wait, already tried that. Never mind, " Discord shook his head, "Ugh, this whole thing is spinning my brain around." A brain suddenly appeared out of nowhere, spinning rapidly.

"Discord, now is not the time." Twilight looked up at Discord with disapproving eyes.

"Um, excuse me...?" Fluttershy tried once more.

"Let's hope this whole thing'll blow over soon. I'm sure Pinkie will be bouncing off the walls in no time, and we can all relax," Applejack stated hopefully, her words betraying the concern she was feeling.

"Excuse me," Fluttershy stressed, speaking loud enough for everypony to hear.

"Yes, Fluttershy? Did you want to say something?" Twilight asked, oblivious of the pegasus's several attempts to do so.

"Um...yes...um...why don't we throw her a party?" Fluttershy smiled sheepishly.

"..."

Fluttershy coughed awkwardly. "Uh..."

"Fluttershy...that's a great idea!" Twilight flew over to her and gave her a hug.

"Why didn't we think of that?" Rainbow cocked an eyebrow.

"We can throw her a party. That's the one thing Pinkie Pie can't resist." Twilight clapped her hooves together happily before stopping. "But, wait. We don't how to plan a party. Pinkie is Ponyville's party planner. There's no way we can throw a party that will make Pinkie happy."

They were all silent.

Rainbow Dash perked up, "Maybe we can't plan a party. But, I know somepony who can."

Author's Note:

Two chapters in one day! Never thought that'd happen. Last day of school's tomorrow:yay:.
So, I'm going to be having lots of free time on my hands. Expect updates regularly. Not every day, but regularly. No more once a month deal. I promise.