• Published 9th Jun 2015
  • 2,399 Views, 33 Comments

My Little World: Friendship is Indomitable - Revan



Something is lurking in the Everfree forest...

  • ...
6
 33
 2,399

Chapter 1: Arrival

A swirling purple portal opened in the center of the Everfree forest. The forest was calm and peaceful, with only the regular sounds of forest life keeping it from being silent.

But not for long.

A massive head suddenly erupted, followed rapidly by a torso and tail as the thing came charging through at over 30 miles per hour. It turned its head, confused by the sudden change in surroundings. As it did so, the portal closed, leaving it trapped.

It attempted to walk through the spot where the portal had been. When it failed to transport back, it roared in anger - a roar that reverberated throughout the forest. Birds flew away in panic, and animals fled or cowered in their burrows and knotholes, terrified by the unexpected and loud sound.

It calmed itself, and began to sniff around. It smelled a number of animals, some that it recognized, and some that it didn't. It chose a scent, and began to move silently - far more silently than an animal its size should have been able to do...


Discord was having tea with Fluttershy, and was relating a tale about how back in the day, he had first met Celestia and Luna.

"And so, I was about to- No, that can't be right..." Discord suddenly interrupted himself, a worried look on his face.

"What is it, Discord?" Fluttershy asked in concern, as she held a cup of tea in one hoof.

"Something that has never happened before," Discord said with an absolutely serious face - which was an incredibly rare occurrence, as Celestia and Luna could have attested. Then he smiled again, as his thought processes began racing. "It will cause a lot of chaos, although..." his face darkened with what Fluttershy could have sworn was worry, "...a lot of deaths could result." He straightened himself, and spoke to Fluttershy. "Get into Twilight's castle, and don't leave unless you absolutely have to."

"But Discord, what about the animals?" Fluttershy asked worriedly.

"I'll take them with me as soon as I get back from Canterlot - the princesses need to hear of this immediately." While speaking, he tapped the air, and a portal to Canterlot began to open like a camera shutter.

"Are you sure that things are going to be that bad?" Fluttershy asked nervously, the teacup in her hoof beginning to tremble.

Discord, who was halfway through the portal, paused and looked back at Fluttershy. "Probably worse. Go NOW!!" And with that, he walked through the portal and vanished, the portal closing behind him.


Translated from the brainwaves of Terror.

I detect an unusual scent that I do not recognize. I debate, then abandon my original quarry, silently swinging around. I must learn as much about wherever I am as soon as possible.

I call myself Terror, as many of my handlers called me that as they raised me. There was also my mother, whom I rarely saw. She called me Indominus rex.

Fortunately for me, my handlers were unaware of how intelligent I was.

There was, however, an unusual incident that occurred not long ago. I was in my paddock when the gate opened. I turned, curious as to what my handlers were introducing this time. I had already killed a pair of three-horns earlier, and was still in the middle of eating my kills.

I sniffed the air, and was incredibly confused. The new creature smelled like me, but also not like me at the same time. I went into stealth-stalking mode, and silently shifted into the trees, looking for this new me/not me.

I saw a grey-white creature, about half my size, which confidently strode over to one of my three-horn kills, and began to eat.

This was more than I could stand. I had killed those three-horns, and they were mine and mine alone. I broke from cover, roaring in challenge. It turned in surprise, and was still turning as I came in and killed it with a bite to the back of the head.

It collapsed, and I roared in triumph. But I now had the taste of its flesh in my mouth, and it was horrifying. It smelled/tasted like me, and I grew angry at my handlers for introducing this abomination into my paddock.

It was then that I resolved to escape my enclosure, and I eventually succeeded in doing so.

I come to the edge of a clearing in the forest, and I see a small, four-legged creature, about the size of my handlers. It is striped in a black and white pattern, with a strange swirl on its rear flank. It is walking along, looking for something, although what I cannot determine.

I observe silently from cover, as it grabs a number of roots and places them in a basket on its back. I detect that it is a female, although I still do not recognize a species. I classify this as 'Quadraped Type 1" in my mind, and continue to observe as it walks on. I silently follow.


Zecora walked along, collecting the herbs that she would need for her newest set of potions.

It is a rather wonderful day here in the forest, she reflected as she grabbed more herbs with her teeth and pulled them up, placing them in her basket on her back.

She was unaware of the massive predator that lurked in the shadows, watching her every movement and silently following her.


"This is troubling."

"Indeed, my sister. Never has a portal to our world been opened from the other side."

"And the fact that Discord detects that something large came through is also disturbing."

"Have you decided what we shall do?"

"I have sent several teams of scouts into the Everfree forest. We should hear back from them soon."

"I hope so, sister. I certainly hope so."

Author's Note:

And so it begins...