• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 902 Views, 13 Comments

Flutters and Bunnies - Shimmer Shy



Fluttershy tells the story of how she met Angel Bunny.

  • ...
1
 13
 902

Today Our Story is About Angel

"Gather around, everyone." Fluttershy said to her animals, sitting in her cozy green couch. All around her sat pillows of all sizes, each of them soon taken by a furry-or not so furry-creature. "It's story time. Oh, and Angel. Could you sit with me please?"
The little white bunny happily hopped over and sat on the VIA (Very Important Animal) beanbag next to her. He knew that today's story would be about him.
"Today our story is about angel." Flutters said, as expected. "It's about the time I first met him, and how he became a very important part of the family." She nudged Angel lovingly, and he accepted the gesture. "I know you've all heard this story before, but since Angel's birthday is this month, I'd like to tell it again."
A few bowls of acorns, nuts, and veggies passed around the room as everyone got ready for the shy pegasus's story. A bowl of carrots and lettuce eventually made itself to Angel, and he hungrily dug in. Fluttershy also got some Hot Cocoa for herself. It was nice on a cool, Winter day.
"Our story starts off in Cloudsdale, when I was just a filly..." Fluttershy started, thinking back.


Fluttershy knew she could do it. Today she felt confident that she would fly through the hoop. Flapping her wings as hard as she could, she got off the ground. So far, so good. She'd almost made it through the hoop...
"Woah!" she yelped as she tripped over the cloud. Above her she heard giggling and talking. Two bullies that never seemed to leave her alone towered over her. She got up slowly and backed away.
"Nice try, Fluttershy." The first one said. "I'm surprised you even got off the ground this time." This made them both burst out laughing. A small tear ran down Fluttershy's cheek as she helplessly listened to the rude comments.
Suddenly, she saw a rainbow flash in the sky, and then land in between her and the two bullies. Rainbow Dash had come to her rescue.
"Leave her alone!" Rainbow shouted.
"Why should we?" the second asked.
"Yeah, what are you going to do, Rainbow Crash?" the first cut in.
"Keep picking on her and find out." Rainbow smiled.
"You think you're such a big shot, why don't you prove it?"
"I will. Are you two ready for a race?"
And that's how Fluttershy got roped into waving the flag for the race. She waited a second, then waved the flag, signaling the start.
The three fillies took off, zooming past her, causing her to spin uncontrollably then fall to her death.
"AHHHHHHHHH!!" Fluttershy screamed, which is a surprise, since she usually only got out a whisper. She desperately flapped her wings uselessly, and knew this was the end at the same time. She closed her eyes, ready for the hard feeling of...well, she wasn't exactly sure what she'd land on since she had never been down there before, but it would definitely be something hard.
When she didn't feel like she was falling or hurting at all, Fluttershy opened her eyes, confused. She seemed to be sitting on a swarm of butterflies. She'd never seen them for real before, but now that she had, she loved them, along with all of the other animals she passed on her ride.
Immediately, she burst into a musical number, and she flew without the help of the butterflies, feeling proud of herself. The animals loved her, and she found that she could understand them.
Then, in the middle of nowhere, a boom crashed through the air, along with a beautiful rainbow. As pretty as it was, it terrified Fluttershy and the animals all around her. Each one ran-or flew-to hide...except for one. A small, white, baby bunny. It was the most adorable thing Flutters had ever seen. It looked up at her with it's big eyes, and she fell in love with it right on the spot.
Seeing the bunny's bravery inspired Fluttershy. Picking him up and putting him on her back, she went to search for all the other creatures.
First, she poked her head into a pond. "Everything's ok." she whispered. The frogs slowly hopped out, and Fluttershy beamed, moving onto a tree that was home to some squirrels. "It's alright. You can come out now." The squirrels inched out, as well. Fluttershy repeated the cycle for the others, and finally, she was once again surrounded by the cute animals.
The little white bunny hopped off of her back. "I'm going to name you Angel." she smiled and hugged Angel tight. "I wish I could keep you, but I have to return home. I promise that I'll visit every day."


"I really didn't want to leave, but everypony would worry if I stayed too long." Fluttershy continued. "So I went home, and my parents said that I could visit everyday. And I did. Then, one day, I got home and my mom wanted to talk to me..,"


"Fluttershy, sweetie, would you come here for a minute?" Fluttershy's mom asked her. Fluttershy nodded and sat at the table with her mom.
"What is it, mom?" she asked.
"Well, your dad and I have noticed your fondness of animals." her mom explained. "And we absolutely love it. We can't just let you go outside everyday, either. It's getting colder. So, we've decided to move to Ponyville, if you'd like."
"You-you mean it?" Fluttershy asked. Her mom nodded. "Of course I want to! Thank you!" She squeezed her mom tight in a hug. Now she could keep Angel!
After saying goodbye to all of her friends in Cloudsdale, Fluttershy and her family moved the very next day into a cozy cottage near the Everfree Forest. The Forest gave her a bit of a fright, but she was the one that chose to live there, since it was a common home to many other animals, including Angel.


"Now, I know you're probably wondering what was so special about Angel." Fluttershy guessed. "At first, I honestly didn't know. It was just like we had a...strong connection, I guess. Plus he was adorable and just a baby. But later on, I noticed that he was helping me get over my shyness a little. He came with me everywhere I went, and helped me out a lot. If it weren't for him, I might still be living in Cloudsdale with barely any friends at all. So, I want to thank you, Angel. And all of you for helping me through hard times." She first cuddled Angel again, then gave all of her animal friends a great big hug.
"Thank you."

Comments ( 13 )

Cute story , No cocoa for Fluttershy?:fluttercry: Everyone else got snacks......:pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::twilightsheepish::raritywink::moustache::ajsmug:

6066271 Oh, now I understand. Just a sec...

6066271

Fluttershy also got some Hot Cocoa for herself. It was nice on a cool, Winter day.

I edited it! :pinkiehappy:

This story is cute. Like.

Review for thou...

Such a sweet story! :twilightsmile:

7293652 You're welcome!

Login or register to comment