• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 11,226 Views, 411 Comments

The Nobody's Regret - Synthetic Soul



After I was Displaced, I found myself as Roxas from kingdom hearts, in the world of My Little Pony. I became good friends with Celestia and Luna. But after a tragic event unfolded, that I could have prevented, I sent myself into exile.

  • ...
59
 411
 11,226

XXV.

The early morning sun rose into the air, setting the sky on fire and banishing the darkness. Gilda, gripping her suite case in her talons, touched down onto the cloud that composed Rainbow Dash’s yard. It had been a long flight, expending a tremendous amount of time and energy. Gilda’s wings ached, and so did most her body. Of course she’d taken rest breaks, but she still flew for a very long time. She would have taken a train if she could, but like most citizens of Griffin Stone, she did not have enough disposable money for such a luxury.

Setting her suitcase on the ground, Gilda wrapped her knuckles on the front door.

“One second!” Gilda heard from the other side. The door opened a few moments later. Gilda and Rainbow locked eyes, smiling brightly.

“You made it!” greeted Rainbow.

“Sup Dash!” The two friends embraced in a quick hug.

“Come on in!” Rainbow moved aside, gesturing for Gilda to enter. The Griffon grabbed her suite case and followed the mare in side.

“How was your trip?” asked Rainbow as she shut the door.

“Long. It was long,” replied Gilda. “To be honest, I’m exhausted.”

“You’re not getting soft on me are ya?” asked Rainbow with a coy smile.

“You wish!” replied Gilds. “If anything, after all the flying I just did, I’ll probably be even faster than you once I’m rested up!”

“We’ll just have to test that!”

“You bet!” The two shared a quick laugh.

“Well, follow me and I’ll show you the guest room.” Rainbow hovered in the air with her wings, and led Gilda to the upper level of the house.

“I missed ya Gilda.”

“Yeah. I missed you too Dashie.”


Roxas returned to the Library after a long night of searching for signs of Tirek. He’d found none so far. He’d checked the door of Tartarus, and found it was still locked shut.

‘I’ll check each day from now on. Tirek won’t get far on my watch.’

Roxas stepped into the library. He saw that Twilight and Spike were awake, and eating breakfast in their kitchen. The door opening alerted the two, and they looked to see Roxas enter.

“There you are!” said Twilight. “We were wondering where you were. What were you doing out so early?”

“I had stuff to do,” replied Roxas nonchalantly.

“What could you possibly have to do that early?” asked Spike.

“Don’t worry about,” replied Roxas. Spike and Twilight gave each other slightly concerned looks, before turning back the their guest.

“Would you like breakfast?” asked Twilight.

“I already ate,” answered Roxas.

“Okaaaayyyy,” conceded Twilight. “Well, have you gotten a full tour of the town yet? We’d love to show you around!”

Roxas thought about it. He realized he was being very stand-offish, and it would be a good idea to be a bit more friendly.

“You know what, sure. Sounds nice,” agreed Roxas.

“Great!” chirped Twilight. She stood up, having finished eating. “Let me just brush my teeth, and we’ll be-“

At that moment, the door to the library slammed open. All eyes turned to see Pinkie Pie enter the room and rush Twilight with urgency.

“Twilight, I need your help! It’s an emergency!” Pinkie bent down on her knees and pleaded with Twilight.

“Pinkie? What’s the matter?” asked Twilight.

“It’s horrible! Rainbow Dash, she-she-she-“

“What? Pinkie what’s wrong with Rainbow? Is she hurt? Is she in trouble?” questioned Twilight urgently.

“She…she…she has a FRIEND!”

“Noooooooooooooooo!” screamed Spike, collapsing to his knees, with his arms raised into the air. Everyone looked to him with wide eyes, before the dragon realized what Pinkie had said. He composed himself, and stood up. “Oh, wait, that’s…that’s a good thing.”

“No it’s not!” shouted Pinkie. “Because this friend of Rainbow Dash’s is MEAN!”

‘Mean…wait a minute, I remember this,’thought Roxas.

“She’s mean?” questioned Twilight.

“Yeah, that Griffon’s a real meanie! She’s been picking on me all day, when all I wanted to do was spend time with Dash!”

“A Griffon?” questioned Twilight.

“Yeah, apparently their old friends from flight school. But she’s so mean to me, and Dash doesn’t seem to notice! She just keeps trying to get rid of me!”

“Well, if she’s a griffon, she’s probably from Griffon Stone, and lives a long ways away,” explained Roxas. “She probably hasn’t seen Rainbow for a long time, and would probably like to spend time with her on her own. Maybe you should give them some space for the time being.”

“WHO ASKED YOU!?” screamed Pinkie, appearing in front of Roxas in an instant. Roxas leaned back, eyes opened. Pinkie, recognizing how bad she’d lost her cool, looked sheepish, and scuffed her hoof on the floor.

“I’m sorry! I just…I…I…”

“It’s alright, he he, I understand.” Roxas did understand Pinkie’s jealousy in a way, and actually thought her outburst was a little funny. Twilight trotted over to Pinkie Pie, and put a hoof on her wither.

“Come on Pinkie, why don’t we talk about it a bit?”

“Yeah, sure.” Pinkie turned and followed Twilight towards the reading area of the library.

‘Gilda,’thought Roxas. ‘I remember her a little. Griffon, pretty rude, but no one really knew why. Turned out she grew up in a pretty toxic environment, and Rainbow was her only real friend. Then some bad stuff happened and their friendship shattered for a long time, and even when it was repaired, it was never as strong as it once was.’

Roxas turned and left the library, shutting the door behind him.

‘I wonder if I should do something about it.’ Roxas decided to monitor the situation if he could. Of course he had to maintain his priorities. He decided to make his way into town to give him the tour that Twilight had intended, unaware that he was being watched. Because far away on the hill overlooking Ponyville, a dark figure loomed, making sure that everything was going to plan.

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter, though it is a short one. If you want to help me out, feel free to support me here:

BuyMeaCoffee
Ko-Fi