• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 11,222 Views, 411 Comments

The Nobody's Regret - Synthetic Soul



After I was Displaced, I found myself as Roxas from kingdom hearts, in the world of My Little Pony. I became good friends with Celestia and Luna. But after a tragic event unfolded, that I could have prevented, I sent myself into exile.

  • ...
59
 411
 11,222

XI.

As I made my way out of the forest, and headed towards the castle, I looked at the broken town around me. This once prosperous town was gone. Most of the buildings had crumbled to dust, with smoke drifting up from the extinguished fires. And the ponies…the ponies. There were so many injured in the crossfire, bandaged and bruised. And then there were the others. The dead. Mares, stallions, filly’s and colt’s. From the show, you’d never expect this sort of violence to be possible in Equestria. But this wasn’t the same My Little Pony I’d come to know.

I passed through the town, and came to the edge, the area between the town and the castle; I saw guard’s ponies, a lot of them. They were helping the injured get to safety behind a barricade that they were constructing. A barricade seemed useless against Tirek, but I figured it was better than nothing. I made my way to the entrance, where two guard ponies were standing at attention. When they saw me approach, they wordlessly raised their hooves to their heads in salute. I nodded in response as I passed.

Soon enough, I came to the castle, which was now heavily guarded. Battlements had been set up as well. Looks like the sisters were taking this seriously. They should, what Tirek did was monstrous. I just hope I broke through to Scorpan. If he can convince Tirek to abandon his plans, a lot of misery will be avoided. For everyone.

I approached the entrance to the throne room, and opened the doors. Stepping inside I heard the two princesses discussing their plans.

“We need to scour the Everfree for those two monsters, and DESTROY them!” said Luna with angry passion.

“I know Luna, but we should wait for Roxas to return. If he found them, then we’ll be able to coordinate a counter attack.” The sound of my boots hitting the floor alerted the two to my presence. They turned their heads to see me walking towards them.

“Ah, Roxas, good you’re here! Did you find them?” questioned Celestia eagerly. I stopped walking a few feet away from them. This was the moment. I had been thinking of this my whole way back to the castle. To tell them or not to tell them? I was at a conflict. On one hand, I’d never lied to either of the princesses, and I didn’t want to start now. This was a big deal; those two nearly destroyed the town! If I told them where Tirek and Scorpan were, the princesses could end this right away. No more loss…hopefully.

But at the same time…I still believed that Scorpan could be saved, and that perhaps, he could do the same for Tirek. Having a hand in Discords imprisonment…I felt nothing, but at the same time, when I considered what he was going through…it just felt…. wrong. Like something no one should ever experience. A thousand years of isolation. Tirek was bad, but if I could spare him from such a fate, I would.

I made my decision then and there.

“No, I didn’t. I’m sorry, I couldn’t find them.”

“Damn!” muttered Celestia.

“Then we should mount a counter attack immediately. We should assemble the troops, and storm the Everfree, and destroy those monsters!” asserted Luna.

“Hm…perhaps you are right,” said Celestia.

“NO!” I said before I could stop myself. The two gave me an odd look.

“Why not?” questioned Celestia. I had to think of something, some reason that invading the Everfree would be a bad idea.

“I, I just see some problems in that idea. Those two probably expect us to chase after them, which would mean there’s the possibility of them setting a trap for us. If we wait here and set up our defenses, we can meet them in the abandoned town, just the three of us. No one else would get hurt. Plus, we can see them approach this way, so there’s less chance of them catching us off guard. “

“Hm…that does seem like a solid plan,” said Luna.

“Alright, then we should set up a plan of attack,” suggested Celestia.

“I say we focus on the weaker one, the one with wings. We should hit him with everything we can, and destroy him! Then we’ll have just one foe to take down,” stated Luna.

“I think we should take it easy on him,” I interjected.

“What, why?” questioned the two.

“Listen, I…I think the one with wings, Scorpan, is just going along with this because he’s scared of what Tirek will do if he refuses. I mean, Tirek is clearly the more aggressive, dominant one. I think we should offer Scorpan a peaceful resolution. Maybe he can talk some sense into his brother.”

“Roxas, I understand and appreciate your forgiving nature, but some things are too great to overlook. Those two nearly destroyed the town! Ponies are dead! They need to pay the price of their actions,” said Celestia.

“I know, I know…but Tirek’s the one whose been doing all of the damage! I honestly have faith that we can turn Scorpan, and if we do, we might avoid a lot of pain and damage.”

“I don’t know…” said Luna looking conflicted, a look matched by her sister.

“I know you two want what’s best. I need you two to just have faith in me on this one. I know in my…in my heart that giving Scorpan a chance will have a better result than just attacking the two. Please, trust in me.”

The two sisters looked at each other for a few seconds, contemplating, before turning back to face me.

“All right Roxas,” said Celestia.

“You have been a faithful friend for years. If you think this is the right thing to do, then we will trust in you,” finished Luna.

“Thank you,” I said. I then wrapped the two in a hug, wrapping them tight.

“Things will be alright. We’ll get through this,” I said. The sisters returned the hug.

“We know,” they said in unison. We stayed like this for a few moments, before we broke away.

“All right,” I said, materializing my Keyblade. “Let’s go save the day.”

Author's Note:

Why haven't I uploaded a chapter in so long? WellIwasbusyfinishinganotherstoryandthingskeephappeningplusholidaysandstuffandschoolsstartedagainandimalazybitch!

So, I've started a new schedule, where one week I'll work on videos and stuff, and then next week, I focus solely on my story updates. I think it will allow me to put out more chapters per week, and thus more frequent updates.

This chapter was supposed to be longer, and have the resolution to the Tirek arc, but I decided to shorten it so I could try and get the next chapter out sooner, hopefully within the week. I want to get back into the swing of things with writing. Anyway, thanks for reading, and staying with me, and I will see you guys next time!