• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 2,228 Views, 8 Comments

The Thinking Tree - Pegasister107



Discord has something very important to show to his daughter

  • ...
2
 8
 2,228

1

Author's Note:

English is not my native language so tell me if you find errors.
thank you VERY much and I hope you enjoy this one.

“It´s a tree”

Discord chuckled at his daughter´s disappointed little face and looked around.

They were standing in the top of a mountain near Ponyville.

It was a beautiful day, one o'clock.Not one minute more, not one minute less.

Ever since little Pandora became seven years old, every day after lunch, her father would take her to someplace far away to teach her the secrets of chaos and magic.Usually, it was a fun, awesome place she had to promise not to tell Mother about so she won't get mad but, this time, it was just a tree.What was so special about a tree?

“Not just any tree, this is MY Thinking Tree”

“That's dumb, daddy” Pandora said, raising one of her white eyebrows.

The sight before her was a skinny and tall tree, resembling that of her favourite Dr. Horsesheuss story, The Horax.

“Dumb? Oh no, my dear, it´s not dumb, IT´S RIDICULOUS! C´me on, race you to the top” And, then, he started climbing.Pandora rolled her pretty yellow eyes with rose pupils before climbing the tree herself.

In less than a minute, they were both lying on the tree´s only branch.The young draconequus whistled.

“I can see all Ponyville and a bit of Canterlot from here!”

Discord smiled “Neat Huh?” He remembered a time when only Canterlot could be seen from there and his smile became wider.

“Does Mother know about this thing?”

“No pony, only draconequi”

He was lying, there was a pony that did know about that tree.Had him still be alive nowadays, he would be considered Pandora´s grandfather.And Twilight would´ve get along with him so well.He sighed

“So what do we do now?”

The lord of Chaos shrugged “How was school today, Panny?”

The princess of Mischief groaned “I don't wanna talk about it”

He shook his head slowly “WHAT now?”

Pandora frowned, she knew what he was thinking, which was quite the task considering who he was.He was thinking she'd messed something up, as if it had already happened many times in the past.The first time, he was proud of his little troublemaker but, as time went on, he realized that, as the father, he was supposed to take the stuff responsibly and seriously and he did.But thing is, this time, it wasn't her fault, she hadn´t do anything bad other than……….Existing but she would soon suffer the consequences.After all, she was eleven, it wouldn´t be too long before she became a teenager.Those were the thinks that Pandora thought before talking again:

“They laughed at me”

“Come again?”

“Bruce and his friends...They were calling me weirdo”

The personification of chaos left a relieved sigh “What's the problem then?”

“Weirdo´s an insult, dad”

“No, it´s not.Weird means unusual.You don't see stuff like me or you flying around every day like they were ponies now Do you?”

“Um...No”

“See? That was a compliment”

“Yeah, and I guess Funny Looking was a compliment too Right?” She said on the same wonderful, sarcastic tone her mother had.

Discord's smile faded and his jaw dropped “What?”

“And I'm sure they meant no bad when they pulled my hair” More sarcasm.

“THAT´S IT!” Discord shouted “I'm going to show those foals who´s boss!”He was about to fly back to the city when Pandora said:

“Don't bother, Cuppy already did that”

“Cupcake?”

She nodded and Discord smiled again, he knew the little brunette would become a strong mare the moment her mother, Pinkie Pie, had introduced her to him but he never would've guessed she´ll be stronger then his own girl.

He happily wrapped his mismatched arms around the small creature.

“Proceed”

“I've never heard so much bad mouthing” She laughed “I'm very lucky to have her”

“Yes, you are.And she's very lucky to have you”

“Yeah, she is”

The personification of chaos chuckled a bit and, then, silence.Pandora summoned herself a juice box and started snuggling to her father's chest fluff as she drank from it in her own, very noisy way.After a few bits of silence, she talked again:

“So that's all we´re gonna do today? Think?”

“My dear Panny, thinking is a very powerful thing to do because is what everyone does before doing anything else.Or at least should do”

“Who are you and what did you do to my dad?”

Discord laughed “You seem to forget that your father is over a thousand years old”

“I´m bored”

Now Where had I heard that before? Discord rolled his eyes, shook his head and laughed again.Sometimes, that little monster reminded of himself at that age.Oh, who was he kidding, all the time.She was cute, she was immature, she pulled clever pranks.He was proud of the little rascal.

He looked up at the heavens with a deep stare, as off he was trying to look for someone.He was interrupted by a loud yawn and looked down to see Pandora half-asleep, hugging him tight with her adorable little lion paws.

“If you wanna go to sleep go ahead”

“No, I don't wanna” She whispered “There´s a reason as to why you brought me here.There´s something special about this tree and I wanna know”

He grined.It was at times like that when he found Panny´s curiosity very similar to that of her mother.Her beautiful mother.Her wonderful, messed up mother.He sighed.

“I've already told you, this is our Thinking Tree.You remember how they say everything began with a dream? Well, this is the perfect place for daydreaming"

“Then Why don't you show it to Stormy? Aunt Dash says he's always with his head in the clouds”

“No pony, only draconequi” He ruffled her white and pink hair, making her giggle “This is our little patch of land.Besides, chaos isn´t about the why is about the why not.One day, you´ll learn to apreciatte it, kid”

“I think I'm already starting to.Thanks, dad”

After a few minutes, Pandora had fell asleep and her father could've sworn the pink in her hair was gone, one of her lion paws had been turn into a talon, one of her pony legs was now a green lizard leg and her pink dragon tail was now a red dragon tail.

He also could've sworn that he himself had been turn into a dark blue stallion with the world's longest beard.

A little while later, he put the sleeping princess on his back and flew towards the Golden Oak Library where another princess was waiting for him.

“Twily! We´re back!”

“Hello, Discoooo” She stared at him, wide eyed.

“What?”

“You...Came back safely?!”

“Yeah So?”

“No squid ink?”

“No”

“No broken legs?”

“Ah ah”

“How many whooves am I holding up?”

“One.Seriously, Twi, we didn´t do anything dangerous this time.I just took Panny to my favourite place in the world.”

“That's...Nice”

He nodded “See? You actually CAN trust me!”

She giggled “Would you mind taking me sometime?”

He gulped “Um…”

“No pony, only draconequi” They heard Pandora say from where she was, lying on Discord's back “I'm sorry, Horse-Mother”

Twilight levitated the young draconequus to her arms “It´s fine, sweety”

“I love you” A tired smile appeared on her face

“I love you too” And, then, the little one snapped her fingers and she was gone.

Twilight looked at Discord “And I love you, you dumb old goat”

“The feeling is mutual, you nerd”

They shared a loving kiss and that was that.Discord knew things couldn´t possibly get any better.

Comments ( 8 )

I'M DYING FROM THE CUTENESS HELP :rainbowkiss:

6455882 Mah mom: What did I tell you about giving people diabetes??
Meh: I´M SORREH I DIDN´T MEAN TO!

It's adorable !!!!

D'awwwwww this is so cute >w<
Good read ^w^

Login or register to comment