• Published 20th May 2012
  • 2,390 Views, 153 Comments

Guide You Home - Magical Trevor



A wandering magician, searching for a place to call home, has given up all hopes of having a 'normal' life. Going to Princess Luna for help, he quickly realizes that 'normal' is a... relative word, to say the least.

  • ...
2
 153
 2,390

Chapter the Second

“... No, I am not going to kill you!” Luna exclaimed, drawing back a little. “What kind of monster doth thou think we are?! No, thou camest to us to ask for our help, and we are going to give it to you, whether you want it or not! Guards!” she shouted, drawing the attention of two patrolling guards from the throne room. “Take this stallion up to our bedroom! We are to have words with him in private in a few moments.”

The two guards saluted, helping Moonstone to his hooves, before marching him towards the night princess' room. Once out of earshot, one of the guards muttered to the other, “To her room, huh? You don't think...”

The second guard frowned in thought, before shrugging his wings, replying curtly, “I don't know, and it's not our business, private. You receive orders, you salute and nod, and you do them. It's as simple as that.”

“If you say so, sir,” the private replied, before returning to silence, leading the emotionless white unicorn to Luna's room.

.o.O.o.

Luna sighed softly, shaking her head sadly as she whispered to herself, “How am I supposed to help somepony who's so broken? Just what all has he had to deal with to make him this way?”

She looked down when she heard worried noises coming from the floor. Galexia was looking at Moonstone worriedly, before looking back up to Luna, stomping a diminutive paw, pointing at her master as her tone took a more commanding tone.

Luna chuckled, amused that such a small animal was trying to order her around, replied, “Worry not, little one, he shall be safe in our care. Come, let us tend to him, and discover why he doth wish to die so readily.”

Galexia nodded, chirping for a moment before jumping up onto Luna's back, causing her to squeal for just a second, freezing as she felt the animal's paws running up her back rapidly, before resting in her mane, snuggling down comfortably. Luna didn't even get any time to relax or get used to the feeling, before she received yet another shock, one much more terrifying...

“Lune, what are you screaming at?”

“GAH!” Luna jumped several feet into the air, wings shooting out in surprise as she turned around, putting on a fake smile. “C-Celes?! N-nothing! Why wouldst thou assume that we are shouting at anything? Canst we not chose to scream for inadequately explainable purposes?”

Celestia blinked, keeping a straight face as as observed her sister, with an animal in her mane, looking rather disheveled. Deciding to take matters into her own hooves, she tried to extract the animal with her magic, frowning slightly when she couldn't grab it. “Well, can you at least do it in your room, so that you aren't spooking the guards? “

Luna, puzzled as to why her sister wasn't pressing her further, tilted her head as she responded, “I was headed there now, but what art thou doing still awake? Doesn't thou have an important meeting on the morrow?”

Celestia scowled internally as the creature continued to refuse to be levitated. “Yes, but I felt like roaming the halls tonight to think of what you could possibly help with.”

Luna opened her mouth to speak, when she finally noticed her sister's horn glowing. “What art thou doing, sister?”

“Trying to... Why can't I grab that animal?!” Celestia snapped, thoroughly frustrated.

“Trying to,” Luna replied slowly, before breaking out into a peal of giggles. “Silly Celes, didn't you notice? It's got jewelry attached to it!”

“So?” the regal white alicorn retorted, slightly miffed that her spells weren't working.

Luna shook her head, trying to hide her growing smile, but was failing spectacularly. “Hast thou already forgotten the old ways, Celes? I know that you wanted others to forget about rune etching, but thou hast forgotten about it thine-self?”

“What?” Celestia blinked, then trotted closer, looking at the black creature in her sister's flowing mane, who was hissing at her. Celestia pulled her head back ever so slightly, narrowing her eyes at the creature, but Galexia was not intimidated in the least. Analyzing the small piece of silver jewelry around the animal, she frowned in thought, searching her vast memory.

“That's... a Freedom rune?!” she exclaimed, taking a step back.

“I know!” Luna squealed excitedly, trotting in place for just a second. “Even when I made my armor, I couldn't get runes that small!”

“But where did it come from?”

“Oh, it's Moonstone's familiar!” Luna exclaimed proudly.

As Galexia posed proudly on Luna's head, Celesita only sighed, shaking her head slowly. “I don't know who this 'Moonstone' is, Luna, but Familiars don't exist.”

As Galexia started to chitter away angrily, Luna responded quickly, “But they do! Canst thou not see Galexia before you?”

Celestia sighed, and replied quietly, “If they exist, then why don't we have ones, to begin with? They were supposed to appear to anypony with great magic power, but then why do we not have ones? You're read at least some of the history you've missed, and not one great Unicorn in those thousand years had a familiar. Not even my dear student, Twilight Sparkle, has a familiar. Charles Darwhinny was able to prove that all of the 'familiars' that we had heard about in the past were all lies. They were either animals with greater than average intelligence, like this ferret seems to be, or they were merely illusions. I'm sorry, Lune, but this Moonstone, whoever he is, is a lia-”

Celestia reared back in shock, her eyes wide. “That... It scratched me?!”

Galexia had lunged at Celestia, swiping her claws at the sun princess, drawing a little bit of blood from her cheek. Luna lunged right after Galexia, catching her again with her forelegs, though the ferret was making a valiant effort to escape again, snarling. Luna looked back up at her sister, fearful for Galexia's health, but was flabbergasted when she heard laughing. “C-Celes? Art thou... alright?”

“Yes, I'm fine,” her sister replied, closing her eyes as she focused her magic, healing the shallow wound. “I just haven't seen that kind of dedication in a pet in a long t-”

She paused talking as Galexia attacked her again, turning to meet the glaring animal on the floor in front of her. Smiling sweetly, Celestia bent down, still smiling as she talked quietly. “So, I take it you're attacking me because I refuse to call you a familiar?”

After Galexia nodded firmly, Celestia's voice stayed quiet, but was noticeably more frost as she continued, “Then let us get one thing straight: you scratch me one more time, and familiar or not, I will banish your furry face straight to the sun.”

Galexia didn't look shaken, but when she turned to Luna, the dark alicorn shrugged, commenting, “Thou art on your own, little one, but Celes has never been known as one who breaks her promises.”

Galexia blinked, before huffing, crossing her short forearms, rolling her eyes to show that she wasn't impressed. Luna and Celestia weren't fooled for a second, of course, but Celestia allowed the small animal its 'victory'. “Now, who is this 'Moonstone' who says that this ferret is-”

“Galexia. Her name is Gale- Ah! Hey!” Luna exclaimed, having been bitten gently on the ear. “Watch it!I'll call you whatever I want to, Lex!”

Celestia smiled to herself as she watched her sister interact with the ferret, shaking her head in amusement. “Well... As I was saying, she sounds like an interesting-”

“He's a stallion,” Luna corrected absently, still in the middle of a glaring contest with Galexia. “He said he's cursed, so he came to me since I know all about curses, but when I told him he wasn't cursed, he had a mental breakdown, and asked me to kill him.”

Celestia gaped at her sister, before prodding, “And...”

“Hmm? Oh, so then I refused, called the guards, and now he's waiting in my room while I try to figure out what the heck to do with him.”

“Well, Lune dear, I could make a few suggestions as to what you could do with him...” Celestia answered suggestively, bouncing her eyebrows a couple times.

“C-Celes!” Luna exclaimed, blushing madly. “H-how could you suggest such a thing?! T'would be improper!”

Celestia turned around, taking a hurt expression. “Luna, you wound me! I was merely going to say you should cheer him up and find out more about his past to find out why he thinks he's cursed! I would never suggest that! “

“... Uh-huh,” Luna deadpanned, her half-lidded glance of annoyance showing she wasn't buying it. “Sure you weren't, Tia. How could I be so stupid? With how promiscuous you are, you were probably going to suggest that you 'cheer' him up.”

“So? You need to loosen up, Lune!” Celestia exclaimed, rolling her eyes. “How you ended up as the Princess of Night, in charge of romance, is beyond me!”

“Because there's nothing romantic about sleeping around with every single stallion you see like a-!” Luna retorted heatedly, before sighing. “... I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-”

Luna was cut off as her sister hugged her, surprising the dark blue alicorn. “I know,” Celestia murmured.

They both held the hug for a minute, before Celestia let go, turning to walk away. Luna looked up to speak, when her sister's tail whipped up, flicking the end of her snout playfully as the owner of said tail commented cheekily, “Besides, it's fun! You should loosen up a little, sis. It would do ya some good!” she finished with a wink, before sauntering off.

“T-that Celes, always acting like she knows everything!” Luna fumed, her face still aflame from embarrassment. “I could have any stallion I wanted if I wanted! I just chose to wait for the right one, is that so wrong?!”

Still embarrassed and flustered, she made her way back up to her room, where she had to figure out how she was going to help Moonstone with his 'curse'.