• Published 20th May 2012
  • 2,390 Views, 153 Comments

Guide You Home - Magical Trevor



A wandering magician, searching for a place to call home, has given up all hopes of having a 'normal' life. Going to Princess Luna for help, he quickly realizes that 'normal' is a... relative word, to say the least.

  • ...
2
 153
 2,390

Chapter the Tenth

A/N: Sorry, trying not to make a habit of this, but there is an action scene later in the chapter, so, just to warn you, there will be blood, and the descriptions will suck. (I SUCK at fighting scenes. If anyone wants to volunteer to help me re-write this, or any later fight, I would GREAT appreciate it. Otherwise, I apologize for not being a great action writer. ~_~ Also, you will notice some poor attempts at accent and speaking styles by certain characters, so I also apologize if I offend anyone with a similar accent, butchered it, and/or portrayed it in a poor light.) And now that I’ve lowered your expectations... Enjoy! :pinkiecrazy:



Starlight struggled valiantly not to succumb to sleep, but she was fighting an uphill battle. With her cutely snoring sister on one side of her, and... A... stallion on the other side of me... It’s not like that’s what’s keeping me awake at all... I trust him! It’s not like he’s going to do anything to me if I fall asleep and he wakes up. Right?

“Okay, who wants some pizz-ah! What-” Digit Pi started to say, before falling silent in mid-sentence. He blinked at he tried to register what it was that he was seeing. Alright, calm down. Your daughter just... has her wings around her sister! Nothing to worry about there! As for Moonstone... Wait a second.

He paused to carefully observe his eldest, choosing to ignore the stallion next to her. Let’s see, one thing at a time. Blushing brighter than a lamp? Check. Fussing over her already-asleep sister? Check. Ignoring Moonstone as best as she can? Check. Oh my goddess... She has a crush on Moonstone.

He blinked several more times, trying to think, but, sadly, kept getting the same message. Brain.exe has stopped working. Brain.exe has stopped working. This program will now terminate in attempt to resolve the problem. Searching for solutions... Rebooting program.

Digit Pi took a moment to collect himself, while Starlight continued to ignore him, choosing to feign falling asleep, like she hadn’t heard him, giving him ample time to think. Okay, so... What am I going to do about this...

“Is it time for dinner yet? I’m hungry,” Milky Way yawned out, rubbing her eyes slowly with a small hoof. She blinked owlishly, before she saw her father and perked up. “Hai daddy! Is it time for dinner soon? I’m getting hungry! Can we please please please eat soon?” she asked as she rolled out of her sister’s wing, trotting over to her father to pout in front of him.

Digit Pi started to smile, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he replied, “I don’t know, Milly... I mean, your sister looks pretty comfortable over there with Moonstone, sleeping together. It wouldn’t really be fair to eat while your sister and her coltfriend are trying t-”

“W-what?!” Starlight shot up, her eyes wide in shock at her father’s statement, trying not to blush. “We are not... He isn’t...”

“Yeah-huh!” Milky Way protested, stomping a hoof. “You said that you had asked him out on a date already, so that would-”

“I-it is not a date!” she objected loudly, interjecting as her face burned brighter. Her feathers fluffed out on her wings as she shook them slightly, trying her best to look indignant instead of embarrassed.

“Huh? But you said it was,” Moonstone said groggily, waking up. “You said that a date was a pre-arranged social gathering. Did I misunderstand?” he asked innocently, his crimson eyes full of curiosity as he tried to wake up completely.

“Yes!” Starlight said, quickly continuing, “I didn’t mean a date date! I meant like a casual date, as friends, not to find out if I want to marry you!”

Moonstone nodded, though still confused. “Well how could we be? I didn’t ask for permission to date you.”

“Permission?” Digit Pi asked.

“Yeah. Milky said that when you go out on a proper date, you’re supposed to ask the mare’s father for permission first, right?” Moonstone replied, though his eyes reflected his doubt.

Milky Way sighed, exasperated, “No, you ask for permission before you get married, not before a date! If you asked the daddy before you’ve asked the mare then you might get off on the wrong hoof and then he won’t like you or the mare will say that she wasn’t interested after all of the work you went through to get permission from her daddy and then you’d be really depressed and it would be a waste of time when you can just ask her out on a date and if she says yes then you can go and talk to the daddy before the date and see if he has any rules about when she should be back home so that he doesn’t worry about how late she’ll be out an-”

“Breathe, Milly,” Starlight cautioned, though her own face was still a dark shade of violet.

Milky took a deep breath for second, let it out, calming herself down, before starting right where she left off. “And then he won’t have to worry about how late she’s out cause he’d know when she should be back and if she’s late then he could tell the royal guards to please look for them to make sure they aren’t hurt or something else cause mom said that stallions only have one thing on their mind and need reminding to get focused again but that doesn’t make any sense because nopony will ever tell me what it is that they’re after to know what to distract them from!” she finished, frustrated, before breathing heavily, trying to get her breath back.

Everyone sat in silence for a moment, their brains catching up to the filly’s barrage of words, when Moonstone commented, “What they’re after? Come on, everypony knows that!”

“What?!” three voices rang out in unison, various ranges of disbelief in everyone’s voice, though for different reasons.

“Well yeah,” Moonstone continued, confused. “Milky said that it’s to find out if the stallion is interested in marrying the mare, so isn’t he after that? And if he gets distracted, then it’s because he doesn’t want to make her happy, but to make himself happy?”

“I... suppose you could say that, yes,” Digit Pi answered slowly, trying to let his brain keep up. Does he really not know, or is he trying to be subtle because Milly is here?

“A-anyway, you said something about dinner?” Starlight said quickly, changing the subject abruptly.

Moonstone’s stomach growled at him, his face quickly resembling a tomato as he backed away, blushing. “S-sorry. I wouldn’t mind leaving to get a bite to eat, if-”

“I thought you were going to be eating with us,” Starlight asked, confused.

“Unless he really decides that he doesn’t want pizza, or whatever the birthday filly decides she wants,” Digit Pi answered, looking over to Milky Way.

“Pizza?! Yush, I love pizza!” the creame coated filly exclaimed, her eyes growing wide as she had another idea. “Oh! And can we make it a movie night?! Pwease?!

“Oh, alright, I suppose,” Digit relented, grinning as he winced away from the excited squeals of his daughter.

“Oh! And we, we have to has popcorns! It won’t be movie nights wivout it!” Milky Way added, her eyes wide open in earnestness.

“Popcorns? What’s that?” Moonstone inquired, turning to the filly for an answer.

Her eyes widened in horror, her young mind unable to comprehend not knowing about the wondrous sustenance known to all movie-lovers as ‘popcorn’. After a moment of silence, she finally chose a course of action, hugging his foreleg tightly. Moonstone blinked, looking down at the small filly, confused as to the reason for the affection. Umm... Popcorn is a hug? Well, okay, if that’s what you’re supposed to do, then I don’t want to ruin this moovee night of hers...

Moonstone was about to return the hug, when Milky Way immediately jumped back, ordering her father as cutely as she could, “Go get the pizzas! I need to go make the popcorns! DeFonzi!”

As the three adults watched the filly scamper away to the kitchen, Moonstone mouthed the last word again, completely confounded. When he turned to Digit Pi for help, the older stallion explained, “She’s been watching too much Doctor Whoof lately. She meant to say ‘allons-y’, but she seems to think he’s saying to, how does she put it,” he paused, thinking for a moment. “Ah yes, because it’s time to be awesome like ‘The Fonzi.’”

When he saw Moonstone’s continued confusion, he sighed again. “Nevermind. If you think you’ll be alright, I need to head out to go get the pizz-”

“We’ll get it!” Starlight blurted, surprising her father. “What? We’ve been cooped up all day in the Library, and while I’m sure that Moonstone found his nap to be refreshing, I’m sure he wants to stretch his limbs as much as I do.”

Moonstone blushed faintly, but hid it by raising his hoof to his face in a fake yawn. Milky Way chose to interrupt yet again, however, as she barrelled into the room, her eyes wide with fear. “Daddy, daddy! I-it’s horrible! It-it’s the worstestest fing ever!”

“What, what is it, what’s wrong?!” Digit asked quickly, scooping up his youngest, who was starting to burst into tears. “Did you hurt yourself?! Are you okay?”

“W-w-we... We dun have any popcornses!” she blubbered, burying her face into her father’s neck.

Digit Pi blinked, looking to his elder daughter for a moment, before taking a deep breath, and releasing it slowly through his nose. He was about to reply, hoping to calm her down, when she continued, “I-it’s not fair! How can we has movie night without popcorns? Mr. Moony deserves popcorns!”

Trying not to chuckle, Digi set about to comfort the birthday filly. “Shh, it’s okay, Milly, it’s okay. Everything’s going to be all right. We’ll go order the pizza, and then go to the store to pick up some more popcorn while the pizza cooks, alright? Come on, the Birthday Filly isn’t allowed to be sad, remember? You know what we do to ponies around these parts who have The Sads?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” she quickly protested, jumping from her father’s grasp onto Moonstone’s back. “Hurry up, Mr. Moony, before they catches us!”

“W-why, what are they going to do?” Moonstone asked nervously, slowly backing away from the two madly-grinning ponies in front of him.

“They’s gonna ticklify us to deaths!”

That was all the information that Moonstone needed. Whinnying, he quickly spun around and dashed out of the room before Starlight could catch up, forcing Milky Way to hang onto Moonstone’s mane as he dashed madly from the residence. He raced up the streets, snaking back and forth as best as he could, managing to make it all of the way to the nearby park. He slowed down to a canter, breathing lightly. He had just calmed down, starting to think that they were in the clear, when he was tackled by a large purple blur, sending both himself and the filly on his back tumbling to the grass.

“Ninja tickle attack!”

Milky Way immediately found her sides assaulted by her older sister’s wings, sending her into a fit of giggles. Moonstone was already charging a magical reply, when he saw who it was that was ‘attacking’. As he allowed the magic to dissipate, he noticed a disoriented ferret stumbling her way back to her master, shaking slightly. Concerned, he knelt down, allowing Galexia to slowly claw her way up his cape and onto his head. “Lex, what happened to you?” he cooed worriedly, allowing her to settle in his mane.

Starlight and Milky both stopped their roughhousing as they heard a series of shaky squeaks and chirps from black familiar atop the stallion’s head. “Uh huh... uh-huh... Yeah... then what? And then she... well, you can’t complain, Lex. No, you can’t,” Moonstone exclaimed, stomping a hoof for emphasis as he argued with her. “You have no right to complain when you’ve always said you wanted to know what it was like to fly! No, j... Just relax, Lex, okay? We’re just getting some stuff for tonight, and then we’re eating pizza and this new stuff called popcorn and movie.”

“Wait, what? No, don’t be silly, Mr. Moony! You can’t eat a movie!” Milky Way chided, giggling. “You watches dem! You some sort of a weirdo!”

Moonstone huffed, doing his best not to get insulted. “Well, I’m sorry I-”

“Fit right in!” Milky Way completed, interrupting him with a maddening grin.

Moonstone blinked, staring at the energetic filly, completely confused. After a moment of wracking his brain for the right word, he finally decided on the perfect question to his inquiry. “What?”

“Yeah! We’re a whole big family of weirdos cause mommy and daddy work and everypony says that nobles aren’t supposed to work even though that doesn’t make any sense because everypony is supposed to work to get food and stuffs so I don’t get how they’re weird but since everyone says so then I guess it’s true to some extent but even so Star also works sometimes by singing for other ponies at like restaurants or houses and stuff and sometimes I get to go along with is awesomebecause they usually let me eat cookies and ice cream and peanut butter and stuff cause it’s really really really yummy and I could eat it all day, so-”

“Breathe, Milly,” Starlight interrupted automatically. It was hard to tell while listening to Milky Way at the same time, but Moonstone would have sworn that she seemed to be paying more attention to how long Milky Way went without pausing rather than what she was actually saying.

“-and then some people say that I’m weird because I talk a whole big bunch but I don’t see whai that’s so odd because lots and lots of other ponies talk a lot and they don’t get called weird cause the-the princesses talk whole big lots and other ponies don’t call them weirdos so I’ve got this the... thory... Theo... Star, what’s that stupid word called?!” she begged her older sister, half whining half begging.

“Theory?” Starlight suggested, swooping her sister up into a hug, before depositing her onto her back.

Milky snuggled deep between her sister’s wings, wrapping the very end of Starlight’s mane in her hooves as she grinned away. “Yeah, that! So my theory is that... umm...”

She frowned, struggling to remember her train of thought, but eventually gave up. “That... err... Eye creames! I demand me eye creames! Yeah, that’s what I wa-”

“After we order the pizza, Milly,” Starlight interrupted, though she was smiling. Now, would the little birthday filly like a little Griffin-back ride?”

Moonstone watched in amazement as the filly’s eyes grew to be thrice their normal size, shining in amazement before bouncing up and down like a jackhammer, shouting ‘yush’ over and over again before leaping onto her sister’s back, holding on as tightly as she could.

“Just remember,” Starlight cautioned. “I’m only going to hovor. No fancy stuff without dad here to spot for you.”

“Aww, but Sissy-”

“I can spot for her,” Moonstone spoke up. Wait, I can what now? You don’t even know what spotting is, moron!

Starlight observed the stallion for a moment, lost in thought. Do I trust him? This isn’t just... It’s Milly for crying out loud! “I...”

“I swear she won’t get hurt, Lady Starlight; you have my word. My magic is matched by none. She will not come to harm so long as I am here.”

Starlight opened her mouth to protest, but the unicorn’s stance gave her pause. What... just happened? I thought he was serious before, but now he seems more... “A-alright... I swear to Luna, though, you’d better not take your eyes off of her for a second.”

Moonstone nodded solemnly, his eyes turning to Milky Way. “Okay then... Are you ready for the flight of your life? Better listen to everything your sister says, alright? Just like I know a lot about magic, your sister knows a lot about flying, so if she tells you not to do something, you had better listen to her, got it?”

“~Yes Mr. Moony~”

Moonstone stared her in the eye for a moment, before nodding. “Alright then. Have fun! You may start whenever you’re comfortable, Lady Starlight, though I advise for you not to stray too far off the path, as I need a clear sight to the sky in order to follow-”

He was forced to look away for the briefest of moments as the purple pegasus took off, the wind stinging his eyes and buffeting his mane and cape. He quickly snapped his head back to the small bundle of creame-colored fur on her back, doing his best to imitate a hawk, never allowing his eyes to falter from his target.

In the first few minutes, Starlight was still very hesitant about going to any height of consequence, but soon started loosening up, feeling more secure in her own abilities, as well as those of the unicorn beneath her, so she dared to start flying faster, higher, and more daringly. She started taking turns a little more tightly, even daring to do a corkscrew after giving her sister warning. She was worried that she had scared her sister when she heard the frightened squealing, when she realized that she was asking her to do that again, and that she wasn’t afraid.

“Again, again! Do it again, Sissy!” Milky Way squealed in excitement, her blood pounding in her ears, the adrenaline pumping through her small body, her eyes wide open, trying to take in as much as she could. “This is, oh-fish-a-Lee’s, by de-creep of a birfday filly, the, the bestestest griffin-back ride in, in all of fillydom evar!” she shouted, hugging her sister tightly by the neck.

“You’re welcome,” Starlight replied warmly, turning her head to nuzzle her sister carefully. “Now, we can fly more later, but we really should order the pizza and get the popcorn. So come on, time to glide down. You ready?” she asked, looking forward once more, basking in the night-time light, twilight now fading from sight.

“Yay! Glidey times!” Milky cheered enthusiastically, clapping her front hooves as her sister started the gentle flutter back to planet Equestria. “Look Sissy! No hooves!”

“Milly,” Starlight rebuked, turning her head back to her sister, “you get those hooves back where they belong, before y-AH!”

Her left wing exploded in pain, breaking any and all concentration she might have had. Something, though she didn’t know what, crashed right through her wing, breaking it easily. The last thing she remembered before blacking out from the pain, spinning out of control, was seeing her sister’s horrified face above her, screaming her name wordlessly.

.o.O.o.

“D-do you think she’s going to be alright? She’s not really moving,” one stallion asked nervously, looking at the rest of the gang, looking to them for leadership.

The apparent leader of the group, a grey unicorn, spat on the ground, commenting, “Pshaw, you worry too much, ya nimrod! It don’t matter if the tramp is dead or not, that’s not what matters. Oi, Graves, tell me if ‘awkeye ‘ere broke ‘er wing or not!”

A third unicorn, blue, lifted the wing with his magic, looking at it for a moment before releasing it, letting it fall back uselessly to Starlight’s side as he nodded. “Ya, chief, it’s broke. Seems the newbie here might live up to ‘is name. ‘E might actually be useful, if’n Hawker is dat good always.”

“So... I don’t do anything else? I’m in?” the first unicorn asked, looking back and forth between the other unicorns.

A fourth one spoke up. “Cummon, kill da bitch. Ya need ta prove dat ya won’t betray us or ‘esitate if we gets into a fight, yeah?”

It wasn’t long before they were bickering amongst themselves as to what they should do with Starlight, arguing and debating every option before them.

.o.O.o.

Moonstone galloped onto the scene, observing it all in a glance. He swiftly levitated the unconscious Starlight to himself, setting her down lightly on the grass, whilst also lifting Milky Way from his back to set her next to her sister. He could feel his heart pumping in his throat as he lightly pressed a hoof to the side of Starlight’s neck, and felt a weak, but steady, pulse.

“M-Moony? I-is Sissy alright? Wh-whai isn’t she moving?” the small creame-coated filly stammered, her eyes wide and glistening as she latched onto her sister’s neck.

“She’s just taking a small nap, Milly,” Moonstone said quietly, glaring at the group of stallions ahead in the gloom. “She’s going to be fine, alright, but I need you to stay here, with her, to make sure nothing else happens, alright? I’ll put up a shield to protect you, so you don’t have to worry about anything. Now, I need you to be brave until help arrives, alright? Galexia is running to go get Princess Luna, so everything’s going to be okay. Alright? Can you be brave for your sister?”

Milky Way jerked her head up and down against her sister’s mane, too afraid to speak.

“Alright then... I’m putting up the shield now. Nothing’s going to hurt you, so just.... don’t more.” Having made sure that the small filly wasn’t going anywhere, Moonstone stood up, and created a barrier around the two sisters. He poked it with a hoof to make sure it was solid, before allowing himself to relax.

Alright, take time to analyze the situation. Facts: Starlight’s wing is broken. Two, both of them are safe inside the barrier. Three, there are four stallions, all of whom seem to be in the same gang. Four, they’re fighting, indicating short tempers and willingness to use aggression to solve their problems. Intelligence levels: appear to be lacking, but not enough evidence to show for sure how smart or stupid they are. Solution: attempt to reason with them first, to ascertain why they hurt Starlight, in case it was an accident, otherwise, engage and punish accordingly. Conclusion: act polite until in range, then buck their collective flanks so hard they’ll kiss the moon on the way to the sun. Prognosis: death.

.o.O.o.

“Crap, guys, it’s a guard! Chief, whadda we do?!”

“Dat ain’t no guard. Jus sum punk what don’t know ‘is place,” the leader said quietly. “Jus lemme handle it, ya gots it? Hawkers, maim ‘is leg the firs chance ya got. Don’t want th’ fishy ta swim away now, do we? We’re gonna have fun tanight, boyos!”

Striding forward, the orange unicorn greeted Moonstone with a large smile, asking, “Greetings, Gov! What’cha doin round ‘ere? Shore yer not lost or somefin? I’d be ‘appy ta show ye round town, if it’s-”

“Which one of you hurt Starlight,” Moonstone interrupted.

His voice was soft, but it still, if only for a second, the other unicorns shivered. Until they saw him stagger to his knees, crying out in pain.

“I-I did!” Hawkeye hesitantly shouted out, feeling braver after breaking the strange white unicorn’s leg. Indeed, it raised the entire gang’s morals significantly. A handicapped enemy that wouldn’t be able to run away? They were going to have some fun now! If a unicorn is in enough pain, then they can’t concentrate in casting spells, so they didn’t have to worry about attacks either.

“Well, looks like t’day jus i’in’t yer day,” the orange stallion sneered. “I suggest y’ just relax. It’ll be all o’re in a mo, Gov. Say goodnight,” he finished, grinning as he leaned his head back, getting ready to swing his horn down to slay Moonstone.

“Goodnight!” Moonstone roared ferally, showing the guard his now glowing eyes. He shot a ball of raw magic at the leader, sending him flying back dozens of hooves-lengths to the rest of his gang. Moonstone immediately composed himself, allowing his anger and rage to fuel his magic, but not take over. He felt an eerie wave of calm wash over him, but he didn’t pause to contemplate it.

The gang watched on with horror as the stallion surged to his hooves, walking towards them on three legs, holding the injured leg higher, so that it wouldn’t impede his walking. It was terrifying enough that the stallion could shrug off a broken leg enough to get up, let alone use any magic at all. What struck them with fear to their very core, however, was his appearance. His black cape billowed in the sharp wind that had been created, showing his silver moon and black wand cutie mark. His eyes, normally red, were glowing with a magic-fueled rage, and even his mane appeared to be alive. They could see small snowflakes beginning to form in his mane, which was being tugged to the side by the wind.

They attempted to back away from the seemingly uninjured stallion, but found themselves trapped against an invisible barrier. They scattered, trying to run in any direction, but they were caged in. When they tried to punch through, they could see a large dome of light surround them for a second, before disappearing into invisibility once more. “Wha’s goin on?!”

“You’re going to die,” Moonstone said plainly, his calm, matter-of-fact tone chilling them far more than the wind could ever hope to achieve. “I’m going to kill you. All of you. I would kill you quickly, despite breaking my leg, but you did something unforgivable, and for that, you shall recieve no mercy from me. Prepare to die.”

“W-wait! W-wha was unfergivable?!” the leader shouted out desperately, trying to say anything that could stall the crazed stallion.

“You not only hurt a mare, intentionally, which alone is worthy of death, but you did one thing that is even worse: you hurt her in front of her baby sister, an innocent who is hardly more than a foal. I can forgive certain things. But those who tear apart families are the lowest of scum that crawl in the dirt. I don’t think I ever have, or ever will, take as much satisfaction in killing you than I have anypony else.”

“Wait, you can’t j-urk!” the gang members were cut off, unable to speak any more. Moonstone slowly levitated all of the gang members by their throats, watching with great satisfaction as they slowly choked to death.

It was Princess Luna and her guards, however, that saved their lives. Princess Luna leaped from her carriage, landing near Moonstone. Moonstone, whether out of respect, from shock, or deferment, Moonstone cut the flow of magic holding the gang members in place, allowing them to fall haphazardly, several of them breaking limbs of their own. He bowed deeply as he struggled to fight the rage within that was helping to fuel his magic.

“Calm thyself, Moonstone. We knowest naught of what hast transpired here, but We will decide their fate, not thee,” Luna reprimanded sharply, turning her attention to the rogues. “Now, what hast they done?”

Moonstone swayed as his magic started to leave him, replying faintly, “W-we were taking a trip through the park, heading to get pizza for dinner, when S... Starlight offered Milky Way a... a Griffin-back ride,” he panted heavily, falling to his knees. “I... was making sure that Milky wouldn’t fall... Then something hit Starlight, breaking her wing. Milky fell off, so I caught her with my magic, brought her to myself as I ran to where Starlight fell. When I arrived, her wing was broken, and she was badly beaten up, but she was alive. Put... her and Milly in a shield back there,” he continued, unaware that his head was swaying back and forth slowly. “Asked them who hurt Starlight. Y-yellow one broke my leg, bragging that he did it. I... snapped afterwards... T-they were going to hurt her more!” he protested weakly, spots slowly appearing in his vision. “Just... making sure they hurt... no one else...”

Luna was silent for a moment, before she turned to the gang members, using her Royal Canterlot Voice. “We give thee but one chance! Why hast thou acted hence?”

The gang leader gasped for breath, before his eyes seemed to twitch. He started chuckling, then laughing, throwing his head back as he let himself go, laughing madly. “You wouldn’t understand,” he smirked, his grin infuriating Luna. Moonstone was struggling to stay awake, but there was something about his tone that didn’t seem right. W-where did his... accent go? He doesn’t sound the same.

“You’re stupid, princess,” he sneered, using her title to mock her. “You want ponies to love your night? There’s no power in that! The only power is through fear! And as long as ponies fear the night, then they can never love it! You might be a princess, but you have far less power than I, since I can so easily make others love or hate the night, but you are powerless to do anything!”

Luna seethed while the unicorn continued to laugh. It was clear he was deranged, or not right in the head, but his words still hit home far closer than Luna wanted to admit. “So, you claim that you are the reason why ponies hate my night? Perhaps thou art correct. Thou hidest in the shadows like a rat, scurrying from hiding hole to hiding hole. Thou art not afraid of the moon, for it is thy ally, you say? Then thou shalt not be judged by the moon, but by the sun! If thou art the reason ponies are scared of the night, then let them fear it no longer! My sister hath been far too lenient towards thou. She wouldst say that We should throw thou in jail, in hopes of reforming you. But thou art a lost cause. It is imperfect. It would not protect ponies once you are released, and since the purpose of government is to protect life... Thou hast forsaken thy own government that protected you! Thou hast shaken off all semblance of loyalty, and therefore We, as the government, feel no need to protect you! We wouldst exile thou on the moon, but We will not have our moon desecrated by such as thou, who cling to shadows for safety.”

Luna’s eyes began to glow as she focused her magic that she had been slowly charging, her eyes slowly glowing pure white, and her astral mane and tail swirling swiftly.

The glyph that appeared on the ground beneath her was massive. It covered the entire clearing, centralized beneath Luna. The barrier around the prisoners glowed bright white, and Luna’s voice echoed through the entire city as she chanted. Moonstone could feel the raw magic buffeting against him, threatening to do him damage should he lower his guard. “I call upon thee in the name of our sister; judge those who would abandon all that we call good, in order to cleanse their souls! Bathe in the light! CELESTIAL JUDGEMENT!”

A pillar of pure, white light lanced up from the ground, piercing the barrier Moonstone had in place around the prisoners, enveloping them instantly. It shot through the sky, seeming to disappear into space. After a moment, the light slowly faded from sight, leaving most everypony in the clearing blinded. Luna stumbled, drained from using a great amount of magic, but managed to look to her side, mumbling, “There, thou hast had thy revenge, Moonstone. They shall burn in the sun forever more for their sins. Ponies shall have no reason to fear the night in Canterlot anymore...”

When she received no reply, she turned to her side, and saw the white unicorn unconscious, his front leg broken, bleeding freely onto the grass beneath him. Her eyes widened as she remembered what he said earlier, looking behind her, where several of her guards were trying to carefully lift Starlight to a safer position, where she wouldn’t be hurt further, but Milky Way was making things rather difficult for them. “Get them both hence to the hospital, with all due haste! We cannot have them... Here! Bring them to me!”

Confused, they brought three ponies to her, only for her to disappear without a trace, taking the others with her. The guards looked around helplessly, wondering for a moment what they were supposed to do, when Princess Celestia arrived with her own guards, demanding, “Where is Luna? What did she do?!”