• Published 15th Jul 2015
  • 689 Views, 5 Comments

From sunset to sunrise - Yet another time lord



Fall from grace,outcast and lost in an alien world with all her dreams of glory shattered,how did Sunset Shimmer became the monster we saw in the first EG,the answer may not be as clear as it seems

  • ...
2
 5
 689

2-Stranger in a strange land

The dawn came way too quickly for Sunset tastes, after an awkward night of pizza and making a complete fool out of herself with Flash sentry the last thing she needed was some awkward breakfast with his parents that were either going to make her a lot of questions for which she didn't had an answer for or where going to berate his son for bringing home a complete stranger before calling the police to arrest her or even worse. The televisión (as flash had called their extrange scrying device) had proven to be a great tool for acquiring a lot of information about this new world, including the fact that apparently in this reality "people" as this monkeys fancied calling themselves were so similar to one another that they had a whole system in place to keep récord of each and every one of them and failing to produce such documents resulted in either arrest or exile( the exact reason of why this creatures had divided themselves in such a way despite being of the same species remained a mystery for her).

Looking back on it Sunset could have managed this revelation with a bit more of subtlety than just running to the bathroom and start tearing through the content of her saddlebag wishing in vain that the crystal mirror had somehow produced the documents out of thin air as it had done with her clothes, luck however was not on her side this time and all her frantic search accomplished was to make Flash sentry come check on her,perhaps worried about her behaviour, " Sunset are you alright in there?" Asked the boy while knocking tentatively at the door.


" I'm fine I just really needed to use the bathroom" she said in her best attempt at a calm tone while a million of possible scenarios ran through her mind none of them pleasing. At first the idea of using the mirror had seemed like a no brainer,after all if it showed Sunset her future as an alicorn princess it only stands to reason that it will also take her to the place where she will acquire such power, but now ascension was the last thing in her mind compared to the idea that if anybody discovered that she was not from that world only Celestia knew what they would do to her and Sunset was not planning to stick around to find out, after all if she was exiled she would lose her way back to equestria. Gratefully she had at least ran to the bathroom so that hot shower she so desperately needed was at least easy to come by.


One shower latter Sunset was feeling a lot more positive about her chances that she had been before it, sure she got no money, no magic and absolutely no one she could turn for help but that wasn't exactly an unknown situación for her( even when she had tried her best to forget it); after her small panic attack she still had to talk to Flash sentry to assure him that she was alright while trying to figure out if he suspected something was amiss about her, as luck has it the guy turned out to be as much of a chump as he appeared on the outside, not only he didn't suspect anything but he even gave her his bed to spend the night. She lay down thinking that after such a long day she would snooze as soon as hit the pillow but her mind seemed to have a different idea as it kept playing the events of the last few days stubbornly refusing to let go of them.


At first it hadn't looked so terrible, sure summoning the mare in the moon hadn't been Sunset's brightest idea but after what happened with Cadance she was really desperate for some way of getting what the princess kept denying to her; the spell itself had been easy, some herbs a few magical arranges and just a little bit of her blood to finish it all off, Celestia could never know but for all that the princess had told her about dark magic she almost had hoped this will be either more complicated or more blood chilling, yet it had been simple almost to the point where she had feared it wouldn't work until an alicorn of shadows and smoke finally appeared within the circle,it didn't have any distinguishable features to the point that it looked more like the reflection of a pony than a creature of flesh and blood,"who are thou that dares to interrupt my slumber?". The creature asked with a booming voice that would had gave her away if Sunset hadn't put a noise cancellation spell.


Sunset had the whole thing planned in her mind about how she was going to pry the secret of ascension out of Nightmare moon yet now that she was face to face with the creature all the alarms in her head were ringing telling her to turn flank and go never to return,yet she meet the creature gaze swallowing the lump in her throat, " I'm Sunset shimmer and I demand that you give me the secret of ascension "; she said trying to sound more brave that she actually felt. The mare of shadows however didn't look very impressed by her bravado although it was hard to read any emotion in a face that was little more than a black hole.

"And what makes you think that I would give that information to an unworthy vermin like you?". Asked the voice while her empty face splitted with a mouth full of sharp teeths that looked more than willing to snap Sunset in two.


The answer hitted her like a ton of brick making Sunset doubt her own ears as she made a mental checklist of the spell, "wrong this is all wrong it wasn't supposed to be like this", she thought while scrambling to get her wit back together; "I summoned you here and binded you, I demand that you give me what is mine". Sunset stomped her hoof trying to look as determined as possible, she had already been denied by Celestia and she wouldn't stand for it again even if it meant standing out to Nightmare moon.


"Stupid little foal", the mare hissed while her features keep changing becoming more and more like those of an actual alicorn; a pair of turquoise eyes slitted like those of a reptile scoured Sunset with such an intensity that she backed away fearing that the creature could release herself of the circle and swallow her up as the stories told, "do not take me for a mere demon that you can summon and order at your leisure, I'm equestria true queen", she roared as her midnight blue armor took shape finally revealing the form that all of equestria knew.

Taken aback by this Sunset had bowed out of pure fear looking for a way to terminate the spell before Nightmare moon could do well of her treat , "but still a queen needs subjects and one who has willingly came to me deserves to be rewarded", continued the mare while looking Sunset up and down as if was evaluating her potential, "you have promise young unicorn,serve me and your heart's desire will be yours". Nightmare moon severed a piece of her ethereal mane while saying this words and offered it to Sunset who just then dared to lift her face from the ground, "this spirit will show you the way to that which you desire,in return your emotions will be his to feed"; she finalized while extending her hoof to the limit of the circle.

At first she had been terrified,but now only the promises filled Sunset mind,there in front of her was the power she had so desperately wanted,it meant serving Nightmare moon but she couldn't care less,after all she was the smartest unicorn there was,once she had gotten what she wanted she will have no problem going back on her word, " yes anything,I will pay any price". Sunset extended her hoof while speaking mesmerised by the possibilities just within her grasp, but as soon as she finished speaking the extrange shadow coiled like a serpent and took her, penetrating her body through her eyes and mouth living a foul taste and a nauseous feeling of drowning;but none of that matter because she had the power she needed now and nobody was going to stop her.


She had believed that at the time, drunk with the power of the nightmare she had became even more obsessive in her quest. What little social life she had maintained to keep Celestia off her back practically vanished overnight as she became more and more sure of her destiny while the voice whispered in her ear filling her with power and determination; in the end she became reckless and when the princess found her dibling into black magic Sunset confronted her head on demanding to be given what was rightfully hers only to be disowned by Celestia and forced to abandon the castle that same night.

After all that she had done it had been carelessness that drove her to this strange world and Sunset was nothing but a smart mare, she wasn't going to repeat the same mistake again.


Before the crack of dawn she was up the next day with a single idea in her mind, she needed fake documents if she was to have any hope of blending with the locals and if this canterlot was anything like the one she came from she knew exactly where she needed to go, by the time Flash got into the room all that was left was an open window and a rope made of sheets strapped to one of the bed posts. While she made her hash retreat Sunset couldn't avoid the thought that maybe this was more of a giveaway than any half baked story she could have come up to why she didn't have any papers but she rather not take that chance, after all she was probably never going to see that guy again.


The streets were quiet this early in the morning. Sunset footsteps sounded like shots on the hard surface of the street while she tried to match her own knowledge of the city with the layout of this strange doppelganger, she followed the soft curve of it praying that it would take her to the canter river if such a landmark even existed in this world. After an hour of nervous walking she finally managed to get a more panoramic look of the city with the silver line of the river shining in the distance.

It took her the better half of three hours but she managed to get to a bridge where she finally collapsed breathing heavily under the exertion, her feets hurt and even when she hadn't been the most athletic unicorn in the world it was clear that this new body was a lot less sturdy than her original one, "at least I'm getting used to walking with these"; Sunset thought although it wasn't much of a consolation.

Canter river ran slow and strong dividing Canterlot upper district from it least fortunate zone, that bit seemed to be equal in this alternate world and it was here that she would find what she was looking for, "a life of running away and now I'm back at the slums"; Sunset thought with a dry smile while she started walking through the shady part of the city.

As she made her way through the dark streets Sunset couldn't avoid a certain feeling of apprehension as the memories of her fillyhood rushed back while she walked familiar yet completely alien streets, it didn't take long for he to find was she was looking for in the form of a pawn shop with a bright colored sign announcing they bought gold.

Once inside in what was her first struck of luck since coming to this cursed place Sunset discovered that the shop also offered a "prank ID" service, after that it was almost child's play to convince the teen in the register to not only take her bits and exchange them but also give her an ID that will at least help her for the time being.

She exited the place with a smile knowing that soon she will have the means to take back what should have been hers all along.

Author's Note:

Well the second chapter is finally here, I'm sorry it took so long but I'm really making this as I go but the good news is that now with google docs I'll at least keep the worst of my grammar at bay so enjoy and I'll try to have the next chapter ready as soon as I can

Comments ( 1 )

You mean this story is a prequel to "Goodnight Sunset, Good Morning Sunrise". Not a sequel.

Login or register to comment