• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 5,981 Views, 58 Comments

A Royal Consort - Ragnarokia



Princess Celestia and Cadence agree it is about time Luna found a consort to cheer her up, but have trouble finding the right pony for her. Discord picks up on this situation and decides to lend a hand in his own, special way.

  • ...
12
 58
 5,981

Disrupting the Master Plan

The annoyed rabbit picked up another piece of his jigsaw with his little white paw, pondering where to place it before launching it down with pent up frustration, causing the rest of the pieces to split and fly apart. He set his beady eyes up at the draconequus laying on his chest, snoring with incredible volume, his mouth opening widely to expunge spittle across the room. The bunny fumed as some of the droplets landed on his already messed up fur and stormed across the room on his tiny paws to deal with the nuisance. As he approached the beast he noticed a screwed up scroll clutched in his talon and used all his might to climb onto the giant obstacle to wrestle it from his clutches. He eyed the letter briefly before smiling with a satisfied grin, he rubbed his soft fur against the bedsheets to clean himself and then stormed out the room.

Discord awoke with a loud prolonged yawn from his long night's sleep. He smacked his lips together a few times before grabbing his paw with his talon to force a long good stretch behind his back. “Good morning Equestria!” He spoke loud and powerfully. “What wonderful Chaos can we get up to today? Some chocolate rain, with a touch of slippery whipped cream grass, and a whole mound of Princess-” His voice suddenly cut short as he began to inexplicably choke. Discord struggled to breathe, attempting to pat his back as a worried pegasus flew into the room.

“Oh my are you choking? Let me help you.” Fluttershy spoke with her usual timid voice, grabbing the draconequus from behind and locking her forelegs around his chest. “A one.” She bucked his back softly, getting the hooves behind him into a good position. “A two.” She gripped tighter, heaving him forward a short way. “And a three!” She yelled in a whispered volume, thrusting her hooves into his back and heaving his entire body forward to smack into the bed, forcing a carrot out of his throat. “That's better, oh my you must have been hungry to eat that carrot whole.”

Discord swiftly recovered from the staggering experience, focusing his sight on the little bunny pointing and laughing at him. He reached forward with his now free paw and stared with a mischievous grin at the little pest, ready to click his fingers. “Have you done your morning stretches?” Fluttershy spoke quietly once more, grabbing her friend's arms and interfering with his revenge.

“Yes Fluttershy I alread- AHHH!” He smiled in blissful pain as her movements cracked his arms, allowing him to fall to the bed with a pleased smile. The yellow pegasus climbed onto his back and began to massage him with her soft yet surprisingly effective hooves.

“You have so much tension in your shoulders.” The caring mare stated as she rubbed and pounded away along his back, causing the Demigod to whimper. “You need to stop winding yourself around things, you should keep a proper posture.”

“Come on Fluttershy, I don't have a simply pony anatomy.” Her hooves swiftly rotated his neck to give a sharp sounding 'snap' which further pleased her patient who failed to continue his trail of thought.

“Now then, I can't have you being so hungry that you risk choking yourself, let me make you a nice breakfast.” Fluttershy spoke kindly as she fluttered her delicate wings to fly off the bed.

Discord waited until his overly caring house keeper left the room before breathing a soft pleasured sigh. “This is the life.” He muttered to himself. “Now, for this morning's amusement!” He stood up and cracked the different parts of his well massaged body before kneeling down to pick up the scroll, opening it to snigger at the almost limitless ways he could toy with the Princess' love-life. After reading the short letter to Celestia once more he began looking under the bed to see where the second letter to the dating agency had gone.

“Discord, breakfast is ready.” Fluttershy's quiet voice barely reached the draconequus who was scratching his beard in a worried state. He gave another quick check before making his way over to the living room to question his host.

“Oh Fluttershy, my good friend.” Discord began as he placed a paw against the door. “Have you seen a little scroll I was taking care of?”

Fluttershy nudged under his arm as she struggled to fly over to the table with the bowl of salad. “Oh yes, Angel Bunny brought me that letter you wanted delivered a few hours ago. The mail-pony was just outside when he gave it to me so I made sure to get it delivered right away!” The yellow pegasus smiled softly, pleased with what she had done for her friend.

Discord struggled to find the words, almost feeling like shouting but knowing not to do that to his overly sensitive friend, instead finally choosing to slap a paw to his face, dragging both it and the face down to the floor before snapping them back into place. “Come onnnn. I didn't want that letter to be delivered!”

“Well I think that a letter from Twilight Sparkle is up to her with whether it wants to be delivered, and I trust she would have agreed.” Fluttershy stated as strongly as she could, stamping her hoof down very slowly and softly as she finished.

“You just don't get my glorious plan! It was so fiendishly clever and sure they were going to meet each other in the end but only after we would have had so much fun laughing at them!” Discord stated in such a way as to invoke agreement, waiting briefly for his best friend to acknowledge it. “All of Equestria would have laughed!”

“There is a difference between laughing at and laughing with, Discord. We don't laugh AT our friends, remember?” Fluttershy's voice darkened as she stared into the jester's eyes.

Discord felt increasingly unnerved as the stare continued before needing to turn away and roll his eyes. “Riiight, of course you are right Fluttershy. But it would have been so funny!” He turned back only to see the same stare repeated, swiftly turning once more as he raised his paw. “Well thanks for the motivational talk, but now I need to head off and fix this little problem.”

“Not before you eat your breakfast.” Fluttershy stated strongly.

“I'll conjure something on the way.”

“I SAID Eat Your Breakfast.” The usually calm mare announced her words with such cold strength that the Demigod whimpered in submission to the unbreakable stare from the emerald eyes of the pegasus. Sitting down to eat his meal without the ability to protest, much to Angel Bunny's amusement.


The occasional mare and stallion walked down the street, greeting each other every once in a while until a bright flash stopped them in their tracks. The sight of Equestria's previous villain caused them to flee in panic earning a sigh from the draconequus. “Ponies.” He tutted before clicking his fingers and sliding over a sheet of blue icing to Eternal Hearts, doing a little airborne spin for his absent crowd. He spun until his back hit the mailbox, shifting his gaze left and right before opening the box with his tail and examining the contents secretly. 'Empty.' He concluded to himself as he continued to slide nearer to Canterlot's dating agency, this time with a triple flip. 'Either I'm early, or a little bit of trickery will get me that letter before anypony-'

“You mean Twilight Sparkle was the date?!” The familiar voice broke Discord's thoughts, the icing below his feet melted away to nothing as he rushed along to the open window. “Yes I know Twilight Sparkle so well, she is my husband's sister. I can't believe we didn't think of her ourselves she suits Luna so perfectly!”

Discord bit down hard on his talon as all his plans seemed to disintegrate around him. Damning his best friend, or more accurately her pet for breaking apart all the wonderful fun he had been imagining. “That is so wonderful to hear, I will send off these letters right away for the date tonight.” Tulip told the Princess as Discord peeked through the window to see the letters being wrote.

“No please you have done enough already. I would love to go and tell the both of them myself!” Princess Cadence happily announced as she jumped to her hooves to hug her friend. “Thank you so much for everything again Tulip, I can't wait to see their reactions when I tell them who their date is!”

Cadence whistled to herself happily as she made her way out of the door, before finding herself being grabbed to the side and pinned against the wall. “What are you doing?!” She stated in shock as she felt her back being thrust against the gooey surface with force, before noticing the unmistakable face grinning at her. “What are you doing here, Discord? We agreed to let me handle everything with Eternal Hearts.”

“About that.” Discord stated, further pushing her into the green gloop where the wall should be. “What do you say about keeping it a secret from the unknowing couple, hmm?”

Cadence struggled against the familiar gunk which began covering her from behind, dripping slowly over her chest and causing her heart to race. “This isn't funny Discord, you know I've had bad experiences of this, let me out!”

Discord let the gunk covered alicorn go, allowing her to fall to her hooves where she struggled to spread her wings from the green goo covering them. She looked up to see herself staring back at her with glowing green eyes. “Cut it out, now!”

The playful jester sighed as he reluctantly changed his form back to normal. “It's only a joke, Princess.” He helped Cadence clear off some of the gloop with a talon and swatted it clean. “Now look at how messy you are, it will take you so long to clean this up! Perhaps until around... midnight.”

“Or you could flash me clean right now.”

“I could.”

“Discord.” Cadence sighed. “This isn't going to work to distract me from informing Luna and Twilight about each other.” She paused briefly before cocking her gaze. “I was told you turned up last night, and you first advised trying Eternal Hearts and now you are here as soon as I discover the truth. How long did you know Twilight and Luna were a match?”

Discord raised his arms in defeat with a wide grin. “Wasn't it obvious to all of you?” He waited for the lack of reply before continuing. “Fine, well I've taken a keen interest in that little unicorn that defeated me. 'The power of Friendship.'” He stated with a mocking voice, parading toy figures of Twilight and her friends in the air before forcing them all to slam against each other as if kissing. “Finding a way to make it up to her became a task of mine.”

“So you stalked her attempts as a love life?” Cadence retorted with a clear disapproving frown.

The jester spun around in circles manically laughing before exploding into a large fiery ghostlike monster which began to cackle menacingly with a booming voice. The flames spun around the pink alicorn, singeing some of the goo from her coat before leaving a mere sprite of its former size on her shoulder, leaning in to whisper into her ear. “Correct!”

“I thought you wanted to help Luna?” Cadence swatted away a few of the magical flames still lingering on her slightly singed coat as she spoke.

Discord reappeared before her, grabbing her shoulder with a paw in a friendly manner. “Of course I do, now.” He sniggered briefly before sighing. “Yes now thanks to dear little Fluttershy and friends, I can't help but want to bring happiness to my little friend's hearts.” He pouted with fake overly watery eyes.

“So then why the deception? Why not just tell them both as soon as you realised?” Cadence stated, ignoring his attempts to sweeten her.

“Because where would the fun be!” He boomed to the sky. “Why does nopony understand this? What point is there in just telling them right away when you can make the reveal a good laugh for all of Equestria! Don't you remember how much fun your big day was?”

“This is a date, Discord. Not a Royal Wedding. I will not allow you to torment this chance at romance for my Auntie and Sister-in-law for the sake of a foul prank for your amusement. Am I clear?” Cadence stared into his snake-like eyes with unmoving conviction.

“Ohhhh, very well BUT! On one condition.” Discord clicked his fingers once more to clean Cadence's appearance, pulling out a long candy cane from behind her ear. “You don't tell them who their date will be.”

Cadence smiled slightly. “And in response, no pranks on either of them?”

“Deal!” Discord's talon opened the princess' mouth and slid the sugary sweet into her lips before closing it back around the red and white treat. “Tell them the date is on, and I'll be waiting at the palace overlook for the show!” With a final proud heroic stance, he disappeared in a bright flash leaving the alicorn alone with her treat.

Princess Cadence sucked on the gift as she smiled, swallowing some strawberry and cream flavoured saliva which had collected around the candy cane. She giggled to herself briefly before lifting off into the sky to send the approving news to the two alicorns.


The pink alicorn gracefully flew through the midday sky, watching all the ponies and animals below happily enjoying the beautifully bright daylight. She giggled a little to the sight of little foals spraying each other with water while passing over Ponyville, waving a hoof at the light blue pegasus with a rainbow mane relaxing back on a cloud in the centre of town. She slowly brought herself down level to the occupied cloud. “Hello Rainbow.” She spoke softly earning a lazy wave of a hoof from the pegasus. Cadence smirked a little as she pressed her hoof against the soft surface and pushed with enough force to rock the cloud.

“Woah what's going on?” Rainbow Dash called out as she opened her rose eyes to see the warm smile of Cadence directly in front of her covered partly by her own rainbow mane. “P, Princess Cadence!” She attempted to bow but soon found a pink hoof prevent it and direct her back up. Rainbow released a single note of a smirking laugh while blowing her sleepy mane back into position. “What brings you to my cloud? Other than it being awesome and fluffy of course.”

“I just wanted to check up on my Ponyville friends, do you know if Twilight is at home?” Cadence asked in such a way to fuel her friend's ego.

“Oh yeah!” Rainbow replied bouncing a little on her cloud. “Twilight's always been sleeping through the day recently.”

“Like you?” Cadence giggled to herself a little as she noticed how much she had started to sound like her auntie.

“Phh, this is called chillin', being cas'” The pegasus flopped onto her back and sunk comfortably into the fluffy surface. “But no you try and wake her up and it's always 'stop waking me Rainbow', and 'I told you not to throw a bucket of water on me', and 'This is a third time I've gotten a cold from being carried onto a rain cloud' like come on can't I have any fun?”

The pink alicorn smiled to her words as she spoke. “I'll be on my way then, I would like a chat with my new sister.”

“Good-luck, you'll probably need it if she's cranky as ever.” Rainbow had already closed her eyes as she laughed to herself, waving her leg behind her before laying back on it to continue resting.

Cadence struggled against the influence of Discord and her auntie as she placed a hoof on the little cloud. Patting it a few times before leaving her friend in peace, smiling and flying away. As she flew from sight a bright flash appeared behind the cloud and the playful draconequus put on a baseball cap, held back an overly large bat before swinging it hard against the side of the cloud. Causing Rainbow to scream as her resting place spun around on itself a few hundred times.

Princess Cadence hummed to herself as she neared Ponyville's library, she lowered herself softly to the floor and gave a gentle knock on the oak door. “It's open.” The young male voice quietly escaped the thick door which the alicorn swiftly began to open. She made her way inside the vacant repository, trotting slowly over to the spiky tail coming out from under a desk.

“Hello Spike.” Cadence reeled back a bit biting her lip as the baby dragon smacked his head against the desk.

Spike rubbed his head a little from the shock as he made his way from under the furniture to see his royal guest. “Oww, oh. Princess Cadence it is an honour!” Spike attempted to kneel again before being forced not to in a similar way to Rainbow earlier.

“Are you hurt?” Cadence asked with her sweet voice, kneeling down to rub her delicate hoof along his scales.

“No it's fine, I've gotten used to it.” The baby dragon laughed awkwardly. “Are you here to see Twilight?”

“Yes, is she awake?” Cadence replied with her usual warming smile.

Spike shrugged a little. “Probably not, Rarity told her to get some proper sleep before her date tonight so she's probably still out knowing her sleep pattern.” They both shared a happy glance before Spike realised what he said. “Oh, I wasn't meant to tell anypony about-”

“I already know about her date Spike, that is why I have come.” Cadence smiled happier as she noticed Spike's visible joy from her words. “I will go and see if Twilight is awake.” She bowed before the baby dragon and quietly made her way upstairs to Twilight's room. As she opened the door it was dark inside with the only light seeping through the closed curtains. She could hear Twilight's soft breathing and slowly made her way to the sleeping alicorn.

Princess Cadence sat beside her sleeping sister-in-law, softly brushing her unkempt mane which had clearly been brushed against her pillow and quilt multiple times while attempting to sleep. It had been so many years since she last looked over Twilight like this, back when she used to foal-sit the little cranky filly. She gently lowered down to kiss her sleepy forehead and caress her face with such softness that Twilight smiled in her dreaming state and cuddled up closer within her bedding cocoon. “You will have such a wonderful date tonight, Twilight Sparkle. The mare you will meet is so loving and kind, and I know you will love each other.” She gently brushed her mane again, combing it a little with her hoof. “You are both such lucky mares to know each other.” She gave Twilight another gentle kiss on the forehead before making her way out of the room and back downstairs.

“Did you speak with her?” Spike asked while attempting to carry an oversized stack of books.

“In her dreams, can you make sure Twilight knows that the date tonight is confirmed at 10pm at Palace Walls Restaurant.” Cadence replied while helping to levitate the stack to the required table.

“Okay sure, so who is she dating?” The baby dragon attempted to pry for more information, earning a soft giggle from the princess.

“She will find out tonight, but do make sure to tell her that I fully agree with who they picked.”

“Oookay, so you know who it is.” Spike continued to pry.

“I was asked to say no more, it is the way these dates work I am afraid.” Cadence held her head high as she lied for the silly deal, making her way outside as the door closed behind her from the force of the unique tail.

Discord's tail rubbed along the princess' back before flicking back behind him. “Hoof bump?” He smirked while holding a paw in the air. Cadence sighed happily as she brought up a hoof to slap against it. “One more to go.”

“I thought you were letting me handle this.” Cadence retorted, earning a wide smirk which continued to grow in length beyond the width of his face. “Okay, I'll go tell Luna. Now Do Not wake up Twilight.” Cadence stared into his eyes to force her words before smiling herself and flying away.

“Don't worry, I think I've had enough joy here for the time being.” Discord said to himself as he flashed a hammer into existence to slam the spinning cloud hard, tossing the still screaming pegasus through the air and landing against a magical cushion which soon faded away and dropped Rainbow Dash into the muddy surface of the Apple Family Farm. The jester laughed with ground-shaking strength as he flew away on the same still spinning cloud over the pounding head of the bewildered pegasus.


Princess Luna proudly made her way onto the marble floor surrounded by a smaller yet still sizeable audience than her sister had previously in the day. The sun had reached the horizon and darkness had begun to loom over Equestria. Luna trotted to the centre of the raised platform and the royal guards ushered silence from the crowd. The princess closed her eyes, and through the absolute silence began to hear whispering dialects. Her own voice muttered in silence with her lips speaking the impossible to read, and a soft glow began to surround the purple alicorn. Her ebony aura began to seethe from her horn and surround her, the voices fusing with her own in her mind as she knelt to the floor, absolute darkness overtaking her form wrapping around her with twisted unintelligible runes and figures that began to unnerve her audience. The Mare of the Night opened her eyes which radiated with an intense pale blue glow and the darkness coiled around her with such tightness that she could no longer more. Luna began to rise into the sky from the power of her magic alone, her wings taught behind the coiled darkness which wrapped even tighter. Her magical powers originally blazing outwards drew themselves in to the curled up form she had taken like a new born foal in a womb of absolute darkness. As Celestia's sun fell from sight and the whole world turned to night, Luna's body erupted. The Mare of the Night screamed silently in an unknown language as she forced her body open, her legs and wings spread wide causing the coiled magic to shatter and force itself outwards in a pale blue nova which lit up the town with intense power and light. Luna beat her wings a single time to force herself far into the distance, where she powered all the remaining darkness seething through her body into a single charge glowing her horn with a brightness visible to all of Equestria. She forced her power forwards with a single unfathomably powerful blast which collided with the centre of the pale blue nova and blanketed the entire world with an almost blinding sheet of light.

Luna lowered her exhausted body to the floor, landing on her hooves as she raised to view her jaw-dropped audience. As the light faded moonlight cascaded gently down upon the crowd from Luna's moon resting perfectly in place above the land, radiating it's beauty down on those below. It took some time for the crowd to properly come to terms with the show they witnessed, but once they did they began to stomp their hooves against the floor in appreciative joy.

“We thank you for joining us on this special night.” Luna spoke with her strong dignified royal tone. “Enjoy the beautiful Night, and enjoy each other's company.” She held a hoof high to bid farewell to her captive audience, talking between themselves as they began to spread from the finished moon rising show.

“That was surprisingly thrilling my Sister.” Luna gazed to her side as Celestia beckoned her over. “And your moon seems to glow even more than last year.”

Luna smiled warmly as she walked with her sister across the garden. “The anniversary of the Moon.” She sighed softly to herself.

“Is there something the matter, Sister?” Celestia gently nudged Luna's wing with her flank playfully.

“Do ponies even realise what the day is truly a celebration of?” She gazed up to her radiating celestial sphere. “Perhaps if we called it 'Luna's Birthday' I might actually get some recognition.”

“It has been that way for so many centuries.” Celestia sighed softly, opening her wing to hug her sister with it. “But it isn't fair that only we know what it is truly about, perhaps we can spread word of it for next year.”

“If even a single other pony knew about it, it would at least not make me feel so unloved.” Luna spoke sadly, earning a tighter hug from her sister.

“Luna!” A beautiful voice called from above as Princess Cadence flew down to the soft flowery floor.

“Greetings Cadence.” Celestia spoke warmly, nudging her sister to look up.

“Hey Aunts!” She hugged the both of them in turns. “I've got great news about your date Luna.”

“You set up a date?” Celestia asked alarmed, looking over to her sister who began to brighten up in response.

“I'll explain that later.” She dismissed her auntie's questioning while grabbing Luna's forelegs with her own, bouncing a little in happiness as she did so with her backlegs. “We found a perfect match for you and have set you up with a date at 10pm at the Palace Walls Restaurant tonight!”

“Tonight?” Both princesses questioned with near equal alarm.

“I know it's barely a few hours away, but trust me. Your date is perfect and it will make your birthday even better!” Cadence hugged her purple aunt once more, whispering into her ear to avoid Celestia hearing. “Trust me, you will love her.”

“But I don't have time to prepare.” Luna began to worry.

“You already have the most beautiful moonlight of the year, and a romantic meal date on the garden seating of the Palace is the perfect spot to view it. When you have a night like this all the preparation has been done!” Cadence giggled happily before bouncing around the dark alicorn.

“What should I wear, and say, and do, and-” A pink hoof placed against her lips swiftly silenced her.

“Just go as you feel most comfortable. You don't need to wear anything your date won't mind.” Cadence smirked slightly to the thought of how similar her auntie and sister-in-law could be at times. “Just make sure you at at the Palace Walls Restaurant at 10pm, be comfortable and be yourself and everything will go fine!” Luna nodded in approval as she took in the information. “Good, trust me this night will be one to remember, everything will be perfect! See you tomorrow Luna, Celestia.” She nodded to both members of her family before taking flight to the palace overlook.

“Have a lovely night Sister, I am sure you will enjoy yourself.” Celestia remarked with a happy smile.

“Thanks Tia, I will try.”

“You will.” Celestia hugged her once more before taking flight herself and swiftly chased down her niece. “Cadence!”

Princess Cadence almost dropped from her flight to the unexpected voice, she turned around to see Celestia approaching swiftly and gulped before stopping. “Hello Auntie.”

“What do you mean by 'we' got her a date? Why didn't you tell me about this?” Celestia lectured with a slight hint of sadness.

“I'm so sorry Tia, it wasn't my idea to keep you out of this.” the pink alicorn quaked a little in her flight, never enjoying her lecturing tone.

“We are talking about my Sister's happiness here, who told you not to tell me?” Celestia spoke louder, with a clear hint of annoyance.

“I was just, ermm.” Cadence whimpered a little before seeing a firework shoot off in the distance revealing the words 'palace overlook' “Oh my what a beautiful firework display!”

The pearl alicorn turned briefly to check the strange firework before turning back to notice Cadence rapidly flying away. “CADENCE!” She yelled loudly before gritting her teeth and flying after her with great speed. The pink alicorn flew between the spires of the Palace but Celestia's experience kept her on track and closing in fast. They both made spirals around the overlook tower before Cadence's tail was finally in reach and Celestia reached out with her hooves to stop her as they made the final turn.

“I got it!” Discord yelled happily as his oversized baseball mitt caught Celestia face first as she sped around the corner. Muffled rudeness came from the mitt before the alicorn managed to remove herself from the grip she had planted herself into.

“Discord.” Celestia stated coldly earning a big hug from her old partner.

“So wonderful to see you Celestia!” Discord's hug tightened until she broke herself free with a powerful burning magic. “I didn't know you thought I was THAT hot!”

“So you are the one responsible for this 'date?'” Celestia stated with clear worry. “I need to go stop my Sister now.”

“No Auntie it's totally fine!” Cadence grabbed the worried alicorn with a loving hug. “It's not what it seems.”

Celestia sighed softly, turning to face her niece. “I don't know what you think is going to happen, but I've had enough experience of romance with Discord to know he isn't to be trusted.”

“Oh please, I'm an improved Draconequus, a new stallion!” Discord opened his arms wide, a fleet of doves flying from behind him to the sound of a choir singing.

“I heavily doubt that.” Celestia retorted with little care for his words.

“I'm doing this to make it up for all of you Princesses for my vaguely mean history. Why else would I be doing this?”

“A laugh? Annoying us? Making Luna a laughing stock?”

“Oh Twilight Sparkle has so much in common with you, it's no wonder she's an alicorn now!” Discord laughed happily, remembering those reasons from before.

“You are messing with Twilight also?” Celestia gritted her teeth as her horn began to glow with a deep golden power.

“Twilight is the date Auntie!” Cadence called out to stop the angered alicorn from doing anything brash, she looked over to the tutting jester waving his finger at her. “Sorry Discord, but she needs to know.”

“Wait, let me get this straight. You set up a date between Luna and Twilight Sparkle?” She waited until they both nodded. “Between my Sister and my student?” They nodded again. “Between two mares?” They nodded a third time. “Between two alicorns of the same royalty?”

“Oh please Celestia.” Discord laughed to himself, flashing into existence a family tree chart. “It's not like they are family. You and Luna are how old?”

“You don't ask a mare her age.” Celestia shied away slightly.

“Riiight, well you two are well over a thousand years old, Luna was out of the gene pool for a good thousand years due to your expert family actions.”

“Discord!” Celestia burnt the chart to the ground with her magic as the jester brought up her unwanted memories. “I know they aren't related family wise, but they are both Princesses of Equestria. We can't have those marry! We need to find a stallion and have an heir to keep the royal line alive and-”

Discord roared an excessively loud yawn to silence her. “You are soooo boring Celestia, why do you think we kept you out of the plan?” Discord clicked his fingers to flash a whole pile of treats and beverages on the table of the overlook, clicking once more to flash three deckchairs facing the garden. “Why don't you just sit down and enjoy a bit of romance and let those crippling rules and regulations go!”

Both Cadence and Discord leapt onto their deckchairs and another flash gave them each a pair of binoculars. “Well if you are about done, I will go and continue to look for stallions for the BOTH of them then, there's bound to be one that suits them.”

Cadence sighed lightly before turning to face her clearly worried alicorn. “Twilight is a lesbian Auntie, and Luna is at least bi.” She watched as the alicorn shifted her weight and dug at the floor in awkwardness, clearly unable to think what to say. “You learn a lot when you foal-sit, and this is from Luna.” She levitated a copy of the dating agency form to Celestia who read through it before sniffing and rubbing her eyes, attempting to not cry. “Auntie?”

“Great, so I know nothing about two of the closest mares to me.” Cadence flew over from her seat to hug the sobbing alicorn to comfort her.

“Of course not, you know so much about all three of us! There are just some things ponies tend not to talk about.” Cadence rubbed her beautiful pearl back as she continued to softly cry.

“Clearly you knew, but I.”

“It's hard to notice one thing when you are perpetually trying to force another onto them. 'Let's find a stallion for my Sister.'” Discord interrupted in a mocking tone, throwing some more popcorn in his mouth. “And ponies say I'm the crazy one here.”

Cadence kissed her auntie on the forehead before smiling into her eyes. “Come on, let's sit down and watch.”

“Watch what?” Celestia questioned, rubbing the tears from her eyes as she sat down beside her niece.

Discord flashed a new pair of binoculars near his old partner's face which she levitated closer to see through. “The stars of the show!” Discord smirked while making all 3 pairs of binoculars focus closely onto Twilight Sparkle's star graced flank.

“Discord!” Their objections hit a laughter nerve on the draconequus who gave them full control of their vision. Allowing the three of them to see Twilight Sparkle sit herself down awkwardly on one of the Restaurant's garden tables.

Comments ( 28 )

yay, this gonna be goood

We're almost there!

Hate to be that guy but if Celestia is an aunt to Cadance, Luna as Celestia's sister would still be an aunt to Cadance not a cousin, but this is still awesome

6104769
Discord really took things out of proportion, but what was meant to happen in the first part will now happen in the 4th!
6104755
:twilightsmile:
6104656
:twilightblush:
6104808
These family things are the most confusing thing. I was wanting to go with Cadence being adopted by Celestia type of origin but then had no idea what words work for it. Think her calling Celestia Auntie seems like something she would do since she was the one to adopt, but then whether Cadence is classed as a niece or as a daughter or as something else I have no idea, and I figured Luna works as a cousin since she was absent as Nightmare Moon imprisoned at the time. Totally confused there. :facehoof: Asked for help on it before but still ended up being confused~

6104853 Think of it as this:
Your mother has two sisters, those two sisters are both considered your aunts, which is what I think is the situation here

6104808 While true, we are talking royalty. Go look at historical European royal family lines if you dont' believe me how it's possible to be one sister's niece and another's cousin..

the "Royally Screwed up Family" trope exists for a reason.

6104882
Yea I guess it would be then, the bit that threw me off was if Luna being absent made it different or not. But I've gone back through and changed the it to be aunt / auntie or other things through the story instead of cousin now. Thanks for helping with that since these family terms are seriously confusing when you never had to deal with stuff beyond parents and brothers / sisters personally hehe.

6104919 hehehe, yeah things got weird

my cousin and sister-in-law

Luna is not Cadence's cousin, she's her Aunt.

6105189
Yea someone pointed that out, I had problems with understanding how families worked it has been corrected now.
6104919
It is fun how they are all related to each other and how the English family are sort of German.

Spike rubbed his head a little from the shock as he made his way from under the furniture to see his royal guest. “Oww, oh. Princess Celestia it is an honour!” Spike attempted to kneel again before being forced not to in a similar way to Rainbow earlier.

Cadence I should think.

6105693
Well he knocked his head.... yea I changed it just thanks for pointing that out. :twilightsheepish:

There's something that's been digging at me since I read the first chapter. Before something can be referred to with the, it should be introduced to the reader.

well this is cute and adorable, i look forward to more.

I really hope there will be more soon. This is good. The incoming TwiLuna is looking like its going to be a mix of cute and good laughs.

6186813 was hoping to keep to a weekly thing with it, but should be getting around to it in the next few days unless more things pop up to delay it a bit more. Cuteness is bestness.

6187828 TwiLuna cuteness is bestness :twilightsmile:

And incoming updates pleases me.

6187828 i blame the stupidity of the world for us NOT having a chapter right now

6266232
Also my fault for not being in the proper mood to write, but definitely negative influence from stuff causing that mood.

6266440 meh life happens i know that ALL too well 24 years of experience and the world out to get me i know how it goes

6266440 when can we expect an update?

6799541 No idea sadly, my romance writing has taken a big hit so whenever that fixes itself I might be able to continue it.

6801783 sorry to hear that. What happened?

good story want it to go on

May the tiny piece of my Heart that lies with this story, rest in peace.

Have you felt up to the task of adding another update or do you still have writers block?
Writer blocks are the worst. For the writer and the reader.

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

Login or register to comment