• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 3,135 Views, 101 Comments

Twilight's little princess problem - sakuralovelight



Celestia with her faithful student Twilight goes to her school for gifted unicorns to grade the projects for the midterm exams but something goes wrong and now Celestia is turned into a filly Can she turned back to normal before nightmare moon return

  • ...
17
 101
 3,135

Chapter 3

Once everyone got to the throne room and settled down from the shock of seeing Princess Celestia as a little filly. The Council along with Princess Cadence, Princess Celestia, Twilight, and Shining Armor began discussing what happened and what the best choice of action is. “I think there is only one good choice at this point. Which is until we can get Princess Celestia back to normal. We should have Princess Cadence run Equestria as well as the meetings, the paperwork, and court done by her for now while Princess Celestia may give her some advice when needed. When Twilight takes care of the sun and moon. As for Princess Celestia shall have somebody assigned to watch over her until we get this fixed. Because we do not know how the spell will affect her and if she’ll start acting like the age she is right now.”

The rest of the Council thought this with a good idea, but Cadence seemed a little worried about this while Princess Celestia was in shock at hearing this Shining Armor was looking back and forth between Cadence and Twilight with a worried look on his face because he knew that the tasks that were just suggested being given to the two were very hard and demanding tasks and he worried about their well-being. When Twilight had a determent look thinking about how she could find a way to turn Celestia back to normal since her only tasks word to bring forth day and night, and she felt like she was getting a good hold on that from her first time doing it. And since you pretty much just have to do it two times a day. Then, she has more than time on her hoofs to help figure out how to reverse all this. Just then, Princess Celestia finally got out of her shocked state and was not too happy with the arrangements. “Your joking, you’re joking, right? You can’t be serious right? I’ve might have been reduced to the age of a filly. And most of my magic is now contained in my student but come on. I can still do daily quart and paperwork just fine, thank you very much.”

The female members of the Council were giving off looks that clearly showed that all they wanted to do was just scoop up Princess Celestia and start cooing and giving her lots of attention since she looked so cute as a little filly. To which the male members of the Council saw this and knew that this would be very bad if one of the higher nobles were trying to talk to her during court but couldn’t take her very seriously, because of her cuteness. Also, if any dignitaries from another country saw Celestia right now, they might start thinking that Equestria might be in a state of weakness with Celestia being so young and might try to hurt her or start a war with Equestria. To which none of the members of the Council wanted that to happen, finally one male member of the Council stepped forward to state the reason why this was the best course of action. “Forgive me, Princess, but you have to think about how our subjects will behave during court if they see a little filly on the throne, even if they know it’s you. Just look at our female members of the Council. They look like they’re ready to pounce and give you a lot of hugs and kisses because in their eyes you are just too cute to take seriously. And if any dignitaries come during this time. Just imagine what they might do, and with the fact that you that all you’re magic except the amount you have back when you were filly is now inside your student. You wouldn’t be able to defend yourself, let alone all the Equestria in the state you are in. So it’s best if you just let your niece Princess Cadence take care of the court and since most documents and papers works are results from the court then Cadence would know what the documents are and know what’s going on. So it is easier for Cadence to do it, than you doing it without being a quart.”

Celestia thought about it for a moment, realizing what he said was true. Although she did not like that all that much. She’s been used to ruling Equestria for nearly 1000 years and with the fact that her sister is coming soon as Nightmare Moon was adding more to her plate than normal. And now, all this is making her worried even more about what could happen if she still if the filly. When Nightmare Moon returns from her thousand-year imprisonment on the moon. Also, she did not like the fact that she was getting a babysitter in all this. How can she get anything prepared for Nightmare Moon's return to bring forth it in eternal night. If somebody’s watching her every move she would have to figure out something along the way. “Fine, I understand why you want Cadence to do quart and all the paperwork and running the kingdom when I’m in this state and I already knew ahead of time that Twilight would have to do my duties of bringing forth the day and night. But why do I need a babysitter? I can pretty much take care of myself. I might look like a filly but I am a full-grown mare that knows what to do and not to do. And who would you even have watched me Shining Armor?”

The same member of the Council who spoke about the reason why Cadence should take care of royal duties cleared his throat to bring up the reason why he thinks somebody should watch. “For starters Princess Celestia we do not know if there are any side effects from the explosion that could make you start behaving like a little filly."

Celestial looked like somepony did a prank on her and was now mortified at what. But the pony kept on going knowing that she needed to hear this. "Also, with most of your magic gone you can’t protect yourself as well as you normally could. A lot of ponies saw what happened and a lot of them were young fillies and colts which more than likely have already told their parents all about what they just saw today. And whether they believe their children are not there going to bring this topic up to others, and some might even go to the teachers to ask if it’s true or not, and more than likely since you didn’t tell anyone to keep this a secret. The teachers might confirm it thinking it is okay to talk about it. And if bandits, ponies who want to take over the government, or somebody who wants easy picking on getting money by having you for ransom find out about this. It would not be wise to have you always by yourself. Because they’ll try to kidnap you or get rid of you."

Nightmare Moon was the first pony she thought of when the topic of somepony harming her. But she rather is hurt by her sister than anyone else. But again he kept on going. "Just having somepony watching over you will least at least turn away some ponys away and make us feel a lot better. Rather than knowing for a fact that you’re all by yourself 24 seven where no one can. Oh please let ponies know you’re taken. If it does happen. Do you understand now why you need somebody watching over you?”

Celestia was now just frozen, she never thought about this whatsoever. Sure Equestria is a lot safer now than back when she was a filly. But Equestria is still not perfect when it comes to safety and even though it was not brought up if any other nations find out they could try to kidnap or take over Equestria. So she started having second thoughts about not having somebody with her now and then she sighed in defeat on this very. “Fine, I get your point, but that still doesn’t answer my question on who you have in mind watching over me until this is fixed.”

At that moment, one of the female members of the Council regained her composer and stepped up next to the male member of the Council who was speaking for them. “I believe since your student has most of your magic and the fact she might know you better than anyone else. That the task of watching over you should be given to your student Twilight Sparkle.”

At hearing this Cadance, Shining, Twilight, and Celestia's eyes went as wide as dinner plates. Their mouths almost hit the floor shocked from hearing this. And all in unison said. “WHAT!!!”

To which their yells were so loud that Nightmare Moon jumped and let out a yelped in shock from actually hearing something other than her own voice for the past thousand years. She didn’t even think it was possible to hear anything let alone a yell from her homeworld to reach the moon. It confused her, yet intrigued her, making her wonder what could’ve been going on. Back on her homeworld that a yell could be so loud to reach her.

Back in Equestria’s throne room. The four ponies, who were shocked by the idea that the Council brought forth. Finally, it was Twilight, who regained her composer for once composer before the others and brought her thoughts into this matter. “With all due respect, I thought that besides raising and lowering the sun and moon. I would be working with the group of ponies who would be trying to figure out how to reverse what happened to Celestia and me. Sure there might be times when we’ll have to scan Celestia and myself for some data. But most of the time, it will be looking at the two boys is notes and taking a look at what’s left of their machines to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. And with that task mixed in with raising and lowering the sun and moon. It would be kinda hard for me watching over Princess Celestia.”

The same member of the Council that had been speaking most times took over once again. “Even though you’re one of the brightest ponies we know there is the fact that we don’t know if yours in presence in the research on how to undo it might affect in a negative way on how long it will take to undo all this. So you will not be a part of the team that will be working on undoing all this. So you will be given the task of watching over Princess Celestia and with the fact that Hearts Worming’s coming up. And this would be a really bad time to gather up guards to watch over Celestia. The fact that your brother is the captain of the Royal Guard can be plenty enough of security around holidays. Which more than likely will be the biggest time frame where people might try to do something to Celestia. On a normal daily basis, it becomes less likely because there are fewer guards on vacation, and ponies guards are a lot more on the alert than on holidays when there just trying to enjoy themselves and have fun. So having Princess Celestia stay with you and your family during Hearts Warming is a good idea. And as brought up you know Princess Celestia better than anyone besides Cadence and with her doing most Royal duties she won’t be able to take care of Celestia. So it’s just best if you watch over Princess Celestia until all of this is fixed. And there are 10 members of the Council saying this is the best course of action and there are only four of you who think it isn't a good idea. Sure Celestia and Cadence count as two points instead of one point on decision-making. But that would be six versus 10 points so this is how it’s going to be.”

At this Celestia, Cadance, Shining, and Twilight gave each other’s puzzled looks, but soon after letting out a sigh of defeat and nodded their heads. Once everything else was saddled and such. Everyone went their separate ways Shining what was Cadence and the Council to help get Cadence ready to run Equestria for now until this mess was fixed. While Celestia and Twilight decided to head to Twilight quarters to let her number one assistant Spike know what’s going on.