• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,796 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,796

PreviousChapters Next
Home is for the weak?..

It was a glorious full moon, glowing bright red, and painting all of Ponyville in a soft, pink light. Citizens frolicked about town, neighing randomly and conveying mindless joy. A young mare and a little filly laid in a box watching the moon in gentle contentment.

"It is a blessed night Shimmer." Diamond Tiara whispered.

"Truly Tiara, we are most fortunate." Sunset smiled.

"Princess Derpy has painted a masterpiece in the sky once more."

"I feel as if the Moon is massaging my brain in the most pleasant of manners."

"All hail the moon." the two monotoned in sync.

"Diamond, I have been thinking." Sunset pondered. "Do you believe there might be more out there beyond Muffinland?"

Diamond Tiara reared up and slapped Sunset in the face.

"Listen to me you succulent, sassy mare," Diamond scolded, "You are lucky that we are best friends. Have you said that to anypony else, they would've cut you down for being the heretic you are!"

"But what if?" Sunset said in a dangerous tone. "What if we left the town see to what lies past?"

"Then we would no longer be in Muffinland!" Diamond snapped. "What could possibly be worse than that?!?"

"Did you ever dream... that there might be more types of food out there than muffins?" Sunset whispered.

"Blasphemy..." Diamond whispered back.

"Answer me, well-polished child!"

"...Yes. Yes I did." She answered.

"Let us go Diamond, together!" Sunset grinned. "Think of the world we could dumbly neigh at! The things we could roll on and lick absentmindedly!"

"This is too much for me." Diamond's eye twitched. "I need to lie down and think about the moon."

"All hail the moon."

"Diamond, dream of a future brighter than starlight and baked goods!" Sunset pleaded. "We could be amazing and/or dead!"

"We really could be amazing and/or dead..." Diamond quietly said to herself.

"Let's go, now! To a brighter tomorrow and/or death!"

"Yeah!" Diamond jumped up. "I believe everything will be better or I'll die!"

"Or both!"

"YEAH!" The two cheered as they bumped hooves.

The two raced towards the edge of the town, laughing like a school filly and a grown mare with the maturity of a school filly.

"Stop, what are you two doing?!?" Shining Armor called out, "You both can't traverse past the veil of reality and leave the protection of the moon!"

"All hail the moon."

"I've committed!" Sunset retorted as she jumped into the mist.

Sunset screamed in pain as she felt her body slowly get torn apart.

"SUNSET STOP, THIS WILL KILL US!" Diamond screamed.

"I CHOSE THIS PATH IN LIFE, AND I COMMITTED!!!" Sunset screamed.

"WHY?!?"

"IIIIIIIIII'VE!"

"COOOOOOMMIIIIIITTEEEEEEED-"


"And that's how Sunset Shimmer stopped being Celestia's student." Nopony finished.

Scootaloo blinked.

"What."

PreviousChapters Next