• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 15,797 Views, 2,047 Comments

Home is for the Weak - Pickleless



The princess of the sun and a gimp orphan sit in a cardboard box.

  • ...
48
 2,047
 15,797

PreviousChapters Next
When you think about it, we're all half Centuar.

"Hey Scootaloo."

"Yeah Sweetiebelle?"

"Where's Princess Celestia?"

"Dumpster diving."

"Why is Princess Celestia dumpster diving?" Sweetiebelle scrunched up her nose.

"The same reason she's living with me in a cardboard box." Scootaloo shrugged.

Sweetiebelle blinked.

"Oh hey! Here she comes!"

The two watched as Nopony trotted back with a spring in his step. He was completely covered in garbage.

"Yeah uh..." Sweetiebelle got up. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Sweets."

Sweetiebelle waved goodbye to Scootaloo as Nopony walked by.

"Hey Nopony."

"Hey Sweetie." He nodded towards her. "Yo kid, check out what I found!"

"What?" Scootaloo got up from her spot.

Nopony proudly presented a D20.

"What." Scootaloo frowned.

"Hey, don't give me that look!"

"You went dumpster diving for a stupid die?"

"One pony's trash is another's treasure~" Nopony sang, "besides, these things are really fun!"

"Nopony, it's a dumb little piece of plastic with numbers on it."

"Come on, gimme a chance here."

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "Alright, whatever..."

Nopony sat down next to Scootaloo and stared at her very seriously.

"...What?" Scootaloo looked nervous.

Nopony rolled the die.

1

"You have the mental composure of bucket of fried oats put next to a 400 pound pony. Your try to force your eyes shut, but it cannot stop the visions. You realized that cats are a 4th dimensional creature that can move through space and time at will, and we can only see them in the third dimension. That's the reason they never really seem to care about anything ever. It doesn't really change your life, but you're still full of the heebie jeebies. "

Scootaloo stopped to process that.

She failed.

"What." she finally said.

"Rolling for sanity loss." Nopony responded.

1

"You are just absolutely losing it." Nopony said in a theatrical tone "You start running through the town in a panic, screaming about cats and fat ponies. Everypony assumes it's a monster attack and start to collectively soil themselves."

"What."

"Rainbow dashes up to you and asks what's wrong."

"Wait, what?!? U- uhhh, tell her everything's fine!"

20

"Time slows down as you brush your mane out of your face. An explosion goes off in the background behind you, blowing up at least three buildings. Your teeth literally sparkle so hard Twilight is feeling inadequate about her last name. You turn your head towards Rainbow and fix her a cool smile. Rainbow Dash is so blown away, she is literally blown away by the explosion, as is everypony else except you. A forcefield made of your suave looks surrounds you, keeping you completely safe."

"Woah." Scootaloo stared at Nopony in awe. "Roll to trot away like I just don't care."

1

"You land and impale yourself on a skateboard." Nopony said with a straight face.

"Ah! Roll for damage control!"

20

"You are completely unharmed."

"What is with this die?!?"

"In fact, you are at complete peace with the skateboard. You two have practically become one."

"I- I don't know how to feel about that." Scootaloo stuttered.

"Rolling to see how you feel about that!" Nopony grinned.

20

"You have formed a unbreakable bond with the skateboard, its name is Radical Rex."

"What."

"Radical Rex has joined your party!"

...

"What." Scootaloo repeated.

"Radical Rex begs you for help." Nopony continued, "Applebloom has been possessed by the spirit of Nightmare Moon. Only you can save her."

"Wha- ugh, screw it. Alright, go to find Applebloom."

"You find her sitting in a cardboard box with Princess Celestia."

Scootaloo glared at Nopony.

"What?" Nopony rolled around the dice in his hoof.

"Alright, whatever. What's Celestia doing?"

"Snoring in a box, you've never seen her in such a undignified manner."

"I see that crap every day."

"What?"

"Nothing, so what's Applebloom doing?"

"She yells 'You're bloomin' for a doomin' and makes rude gestures."

"Well I tell her she's scootin' for a bootin'!"

"Radical Rex high fives you."

"With... with wha-ahhh nevermind. Attempt to attack Appledoom."

1

"You go to sucker punch her in the stomach, but instead slowly caress it."

"Woah, what?!?"

"Appledoom attacks!"

1

"Appledoom tried to slam down on your back, but instead gently massages it. Both of you are getting incredibly uncomfortable. Radical Rex asks if he should leave."

"No, he can't leave! Tell him to attack!"

1

"Radical Rex shoots you in the back of the head."

...

"With what?!?" Scootaloo screams.

"With his bow, of course, he's multi classing archer and rogue."

"I- Bu- Uh- Ahhhhgh!" Scootaloo's eye started to twitch.

"That was a good session." Nopony smiled.

"What the heck just happened?" Sweetiebelle said.

Both of them looked outside the cardboard box to where Sweetiebelle was.

"How long have you been there?" Nopony frowned.

"The whole time. What was that?" Sweetiebelle frowned in concern. "That was weird, you guys are weird."

Scootaloo's eye was still twitching.

"Is this what you guys do all day?" Sweetie asked.

"Pretty much yeah." Nopony shrugged.

"Ooooookay then... I'm going home."

Nopony watched Sweetie leave as Scootaloo twitched in place for the next ten minutes.

"That was the stupidest game I have ever played," Scootaloo calmly spoke up. "Now hand me that die, I wanna play again."

PreviousChapters Next