• Published 20th May 2012
  • 7,594 Views, 149 Comments

One Piece: Chopper's Quest in the land of Ponies - mauvsheep



Tony Tony Chopper ends up in Equestria. He must help the ponies defend their land from Tirek.

  • ...
21
 149
 7,594

A dark secret; Spike's true origin revealed!

Separated from the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates, Tony Tony Chopper finds himself in the land of Equestria; where it is populated not by humans, but talking ponies. Equestria is under attack by the dark demon Tirek. Chopper and his new pony friends must travel to Midnight Castle to rescue their captured friends, and find the Elements of Harmony to defeat the evil threat.





Spike began to slowly awaken, as he started to notice his surroundings. He notices that he's in a dark room, with a stone floor. It was cold, and what appeared to be a barred door in front of him.

"Hey, looks like he's wakin' up." A familiar young sounding, female voice with a southern accent said, as Spike turned around to see who it was.

It was none other than Apple Bloom, next to her was her brother, Big Macintosh, and the teacher, Cheerilee.

"Glad to see yer ok Spike." Apple Bloom said, as she walked up to him and hugged him.

"Apple Bloom!" Spike called out happily. "I'm relieved to see you're safe. Well, as safe as you can be here."

He then turns his attention to Mac, and Cheerilee.

"What happened? How did you two get captured?" He asked them.

"Oh Spike, it was terrible." Cheerilee explained. "After you, Twilight Sparkle, and the others left, those monsters came back and attacked Ponyville again. Even more ponies were captured and taken here this time around.
Big Macintosh did his best to try to fight them off. But it wasn't enough. He was caught along side me, and a number of others. Not even the Wonderbolts could stop them."

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh added sadly.

"But what about Princess Luna, and Shining Armor?" Spike asked.

"They were unable to stop the attack either. That Centaur monster used some magical staff, and turned Princess Luna, Shining Armor, and even Princess Cadence, into statues. They were then brought here with the rest of us."

Spike's jaw dropped. Not only Celestia, but even Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor had fallen in battle. Spike couldn't believe it. Now, more then ever, Equestria needed the Elements of Harmony.

"I...I.... I have to believe in Twilight and the others!" Spike said to the school teacher.

"I know they can do it. Twilight's never let us down before. I know she and the others can save us all."

"And Ah believe in AJ too." Apple Bloom added. "We Apples NEVER give in!"

"EEYUP!" Big Macintosh added, this time, with more confidence.

Cheerilee then nuzzles her red stallion coltfriend.

"Well, if this is indeed the end, we at least have each other." Cheerilee said, as she gently kisses him on his cheek.

"Eeyup." Macintosh replied, as he gently nuzzles her back.

"Don't give up hope. I know the others will come through for us." Spike reassured the three ponies.

"That's right, Ah know we can pull through this, somehow." Apple Bloom added.


They then hear some footsteps heading towards them. It was the ram, Grogar, with two of Tirek's lizardmen guards.
The guards unlock the door, and ordered the prisoners to step out.

"All prisoners are to come to the throne room of Lord Tirek this instant." The guard said.

He waves for Apple Bloom, Cheerilee, Mac, and Spike to exit. As soon as they leave the cell, Big Macintosh does the unthinkable.

"NOW!" He yells, as he begins to attack the two guards.

He bucks them both into the wall.

"Cheerilee, Spike, Sis, RUN!" He calls to the others.

But before any of them could react, Grogar fires an energy blast from his horns. It strikes Big Macintosh, sending him flying into the wall. He then lies on the ground, groaning.

"BIG MACHINTOSH!" Apple Bloom cried out.

Cheerilee immediately ran up to her special somepony, and gently cradled him in her forelegs.

"Oh Mac, why did you have to be so heroic?"

"Enough," Grogar snarled, "you all are to come with me this instant."

Within seconds, two more guards show and point their spears at the four prisoners. They are then escorted to the throne room.

As they reach the throne room, they see a rather large number of other ponies. Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth Ponies alike were taken prisoner. Grogar, Bray, and Scorpan watch from the side of the throne, as Tirek sits, looking at the mass of ponies the troops had brought in.

Grogar and Bray gave evil grins, while Scorpan simply hangs his head in shame, feelin guilty that he was involved in the kidnappings of multiple ponies.

Something in the back of the room catches Spike's attention. What he saw were the stone forms of Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor. All standing in a row, put on pedestals. Tirek was displaying them as if they were trophies.
It put knots in the little dragon's stomach.

Tirek approaches the mass of ponies, and looks at several of them intently.

"None of these seem to be strong enough to pull my chariot." He says, "But, I have other uses for them."

He then reaches for the satchel hanging around his neck, which was again, pulsating like a sickening heartbeat, and opens it. The Rainbow of Darkness shoots out again, and engulfs the entire crowd of ponies, as they shriek in terror.

Cheerilee, Big Macintosh, and Spike, could only watch in horror as the crowd of ponies look like they were set on fire, only for their bodies to begin to change in warp into other forms. Apple Bloom had already seen this before, but she was still terrified by the events.

As the darkness subsides, and returns to the satchel, all the earth ponies and unicorns were turned into the lizard troops, and all the pegasi were transformed into the winged stegadons.

"You will now serve in my army. Swear your loyalty to me, and know that I am your one and only ruler." Tirek addressed his new troops.

"So that's where all these monsters came from." Spike said.

Grogar, and Bray began laughing at the events, while Scorpan simply turned his head away in disgust.

"What's the matter Scorpan? Too much for you to take?" Grogar mocked.

Scorpan simply glared at the ram in silence.

Scorpan then walks up to Spike, and his group. As he sees Spike, he immediately recognized him.

"Spike?" Scorpan addressed him. "Oh no.... I.... I didn't want this to happen to you...."

"Huh, how do you know me?" Spike asked in confusion.

"I was once your caretaker." Scorpan answered.

"What?" Spike replied. "I don't know what you're talking about. Twilight Sparkle hatched me when I was an egg. I've lived with her all my life be it Canterlot, or Ponyville. I've never seen you before."

Spike was clearly angry, as Scorpan simply looked at him sadly.

"I was the care taker for your egg, before it was placed in Canterlot under Celestia's care." Scorpan answered.

"That is correct little Spike." Tirek added, as he approches Spike and the others.

"Wha? What do you mean?" Spike angrily yelled at Tirek.

"You know so little about your past. You have no idea, that the fall of Equestria was your doing my little friend." Tirek said.
"You see, I once conquered a kingdom from the far North of this continent several centuries ago after Discord was defeated by Celestia and Luna. This kingdom, is where Scorpan came from. After I subjegated Scorpan's people, I forced him to serve under me. At first he refused, but then I realized there was a special egg he was caring for. Your Egg.
You see Spike, Scorpan had promised a certain Dragon Noble, he would care for his unhatched offspring. The noble was old and ill, and he was unable to care for you himself. Shortly, he passed from this world, and Scorpan took it upon himself to see that you were properly taken care of.
I then seized you away from him. I had found Scorpan's weakness. By holding you hostage, I was able to bend his will to my rule. It wasn't long that I had my sights on Equestria. I needed a mole, or spy, to say..... That's when I cast a special spying spell on your egg. When you were to finally hatch, everything you saw, heard, and experienced, will be transmitted here without your knowledge."

Tirek points to a crystal ball in front of his throne.
Spike could feel his blood run cold, as he listened to the story.

"Due to an unfortunate event of my guard being down, Celestia and Luna banished myself and Scorpan to Tartarus.
We were only able to escape around ten years ago. When we were finally out, I realized that your egg was still intact.
That's when I had Scorpan infiltrate the walls of Canterlot, and planted you into the royal castle.
Celestia found your egg, realizing that it was that of a dragon, she couldn't pass up the opportunity to have you hatched into pony society. She believed having you live amongst ponies will help build friendly relations between dragons and ponies.
Little did she know, it was to serve my purpose to conquer her. Everything you've ever experienced, all that you saw, all that you heard, all that you learned, has been done so for me! I saw and heard everything. I know all the secrets of Canterlot and Ponyville. Your relationships with the Element holders, the adventures you all had. Including the arrival of this outside interloper Reindeer called Chopper. I know it all. So thank you Spike. Now that Celestia is out of the picture, and more than half of Ponyville's population is under my control, you are of no more use to me."


Spike couldn't believe what he heard. All this time, he was nothing but a tool for evil. His whole life, had been nothing but a lie. He had put the ones he loved the most in danger, just by existing. Spike was completely devastated.

"It can't be true. IT CAN'T!" He yelled out in defiance.

"Oh but I assure you, it IS indeed the truth." Tirek said, as he waves his scepter over Spike.

Spike began to glow, and a dark looking mist rises from his body, then dissapates.

"You, you're removing the spy spell from him?" Scorpan asked.

"Indeed. I have no more use for him." Tirek said as he gives an evil grin.

"I can't believe it. I've been a traitor all this time. I put everypony in danger, just by simply being around you....." Spike said to his three friends. "Twilight... I'm sorry..... I'M SO SORRY! If you ever found out about this, I know you'll HATE me forever."

Spike began to cry, harder than he ever did in his life.

"Spike," Cheerilee said to him as she put her hoof on his shoulder. "Twilight would never hate you."

Spike looks up to her, as she, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom gaze at him with loving, and sympathetic eyes.

"How can you say that? I put all of you in danger. I'm a monster. You shouldn't be around me." He said sadly.

"No, it wasn't your fault. Your life may have been to serve a great evil, but you still lived a good life. You lived a happy life, one full of fun, full of friends, and most importantly, full of love. Twilight loves you, we all do, and we always will. You're heart is always in the right place Spike. I'm glad to have known you. You're the sweetest and most kindly hearted individual I know. You have the freedom to choose between right and wrong, and you always did the right thing."

"Eeyup!" Big Macintosh agreed.

Apple Bloom hugged the little dragon, this time harder than ever.

"We love ya Spike, ain't nothin's ever gonna change that. Ah'm happy to have ya as a friend."

"Enough of this sentimental foolishness." Tirek said as he turns his attention to Cheerilee and Big Mac.

"Ah yes, these two will do nicely." He then opens the satchel as the Rainbow of Darkness shoots out.

"SPIKE, APPLE BLOOM! BE STRONG!" Cheerilee said.

"Bloom, Ah Love you, little sis. Be brave, and never give up! Spike, you take care of my lil' sis. Ya hear?" Big Mac called out.

The Rainbow of darkness then engulfs both Cheerilee and Big Macintosh, as they embrace each other and share a kiss one last time.

Once the Darkness subsides and returns to the Satchel, two more giant dragons with elephant like tusks stood where the two earh ponies were. Big Mac and Cheerilee have been completely transformed. The only thing that had any evidence that they were once ponies, were their cutie marks, still on their hind legs.

"Big Brother! Miss Cheerilee, NO!" Apple Bloom tearfully yelled out.

"You evil freak!" Spike yelled in anger.

"Take the two back to their cells." Tirek ordered, as several lizard guards escort Spike and Apple Bloom back.

"Scorpan." Tirek ordered, "Send another one of our allies to slow down the Element holders. I need to buy some more time. And be warned. If you fail me one more time, a head will roll..... Spike's!"


Scorpan was horrified by Tirek's words. But simply bowed silently, and left the throne room.



Back in the dungeons, Spike and Apple Bloom would only sit next to each other in silence. Trying to comprehend the events that had just transpired.
They then suddenly hear what sounds like a scuffle down the hall, and what then sounded like several heavy bodies hitting the ground with loud thumps. Then footsteps started to approach their cell. It was Scorpan, with a key ring in his hand.

He then unlocks the cell door, and motions for Apple Bloom and Spike to follow him.

"What are you doing?" Spike asked.

"Getting you and your friend out of here. Hurry before it's too late."

"Yeah, right, like we're gonna trust you." Spike snarled.

"Ah dunno Spike, Ah mean, yeah he works for that Tirek guy, but the whole time Ah've been here, he's been pretty nice to me." Apple Bloom said.

"Please, we must hurry." Scorpan pleaded with the two.

Spike, reluctantly agreed, and he and Apple Bloom follow Scorpan out of the cell.

"Please tread lightly, we don't want to attract too much unwanted attention." Scorpan said as they walk down the hall.
"And Spike. I am SO sorry for putting you through such a tramatizing experience. I only hope that you can forgive me some day. It's high time I redeemed my poor miserable soul."


The ponies, after their battle with Arabus, have decided to take a break, and set up a camp. Chopper checked on Rainbow Dash's wing. It had healed somewhat, but she was still in no condition for any long term flying. Applejack was resting against a rock, playing a harmonica, while Rarity and Twilight set up a campfire. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo had fallen asleep.


"There, these clean bandages should do the trick." Chopper said as he finished changing the bandages on Rainbow's wing.

"Thanks, It's good to have a doctor with us this time." Rainbow replied. "You're pretty cool to have around."

"Cool?" Chopper said as he began to blush, then waved his body into his happy dance again. "Calling me cool won't make me happy, you idiot."

Rainbow Dash began laughing as she watched him wave his body around.

"That NEVER gets old." She says, greatly amused by Chopper's happy dance.

"Hey," Pinkie Pie addresses everyone. "Have any of you seen Fluttershy?"

"Huh?" Chopper said as he looks around. Pinkie was right, Fluttershy was no where in sight.

"Where is she? It's not safe for her to wander off alone." Twilight Sparkle said as she lights her horn like a flash light.

"Oh, I do hope she didn't wander off too far." Rarity added.

"Don't worry, I'll find her." Chopper said, as he began to sniff for her scent.

He follows the trail of her scent, and finds her, sitting alone, by a river bank. She was silently crying to herself.

"Fluttershy, there you are. We were looking for you. You had us worried." Chopper said.

"Oh, um...." She replied, as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

"You ok? Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm just so frustrated. And I'm mad at myself. Especially with what happened to Spike."

Chopper looked at her with some confusion.

"With Rainbow Dash's wing injured, I'm the only flyer we have. And I did NOTHING to try to save Spike."

"Hey, you can't blame yourself for what happened." He replied to her.

"I'm a coward! I'm nothing but a useless pony who's scared of EVERYTHING! Oh Twilight must HATE me for letting them take Spike away." Fluttershy said to the reindeer.

Chopper, in his diminutive, tiny bipedal form, then walks up to Fluttershy, and sits next to her.

"Hey, don't worry, it's ok to be scared sometimes." He said while trying to comfort her.

"But it's not just sometimes with me. I'm scared ALL THE TIME!" She said as she let out a large sob.

Chopper puts his hoof on hers. She squeaks lightly, then stops her crying.

"No, it's ok to be scared. There's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I get scared all the time." He said to her.

This took Fluttershy slightly aback. She never imagined someone as strong as Chopper to ever be scared of anything.

"You get scared?" She asked.

"Yeah, a lot of times. No matter how strong or tough you are. Everyone has something they're afraid of. Even me. Like that one time I was alone on our first ship, the Going Merry while in Skypiea. One of Enel's generals found me, and tried to kill me. I had to whistle for help. Thankfully a knight named Gan Fall was there to save me. And then, there were several times I almost drowned. The rest of the crew had to pull me out of the sea. And let's not forget about the giant zombie, Oars, he was the biggest monster I've ever seen. The entire crew was terrified, but we still fought him, and won. So you see, even the best of us can be scared. You just need to help yourself overcome it. Your friends will always be there to help you too."

Fluttershy listened intently, and then threw her forelegs around Chopper in a tight embrace.

"And Fluttershy, I know Twilight will never hate you. You're her friend, and she'll always care about you. Just like how I know Luffy and the others will always be there for me whenever I'm in trouble. Your friends will be there by your side no matter how grim the situation can get. I was separated for two years from them, and we still pulled through for each other. If I can survive that, we can all survive this."

"Oh thank you Chopper." Fluttershy said, as new tears flowed from her eyes. These were tears of happiness and encouragement.

Chopper simply smiled, and hugged her back.

"AWWWW!"

Chopper and Fluttershy turn around to see, Rarity, Pinkie, Twilight, Applejack, and Sweetie Belle looking at them with glittery eyes, while Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were making gagging sounds.

"How, How long were you all standing there?" Chopper asked while blushing.

"Oh we heard the whole thing my dear." Rarity teased.

"Fluttershy, what Chopper said is true. We can never hate you. And I don't blame you for what happened. We were all scared. I mean, heck, I almost wet myself when we were fighting that cloud demon, and when Spike was snatched away." Twilight said, as she gave Fluttershy a friendly nudge. "We love you, Fluttershy, you're family to us."

All the other ponies nod in agreement.


Chopper looks at the ponies, as he reflects what Luffy said to him once.

"Chopper, We're friends. And friends never leave each other behind. We'll always be there for each other. No matter how tough things get, we'll always have each other. Now let's go on a voyage to follow our dreams, and have the most fun ever!"

"Luffy," Chopper thought to himself. "I wish you and the others were here. We could really use your help."

Chopper then stands up, and with more confidence than ever, he addresses the others.

"All we can do now is continue to move forward. I believe that as long as we stick together, there's nothing that can stop us. Our dedication and friendship to each other is our greatest strength. Nothing can stop that, or take it away from us. We will succeed! For your homes, for your families, and for living a life of freedom. If Luffy were here, he'd agree with me100% and back us up."

All the ponies cheer in agreement.

"Ah here ya sugarcube. For Apple Bloom, and the rest of the Apple Family!" Applejack said.

"For Spike!" Twilight added.

"For Angel Bunny, and all the poor animals." Fluttershy said.

"For our RIGHT TO PARTY!" Pinkie Pie chimed in.

"For our future!" Both Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle said in unison.

"For Cloudsdale, and the pride of all Pegasi." Rainbow Dash added.

The group then form a circle, and all of them put in their right hooves.

"And, for Equestria!" Twilight Sparkle added.

"Chopper," a familiar voice seemed to say in his head. It was that of Luffy's.
"You're all grown up now, and becoming a man. We're all proud of you!"