• Published 20th May 2012
  • 7,547 Views, 149 Comments

One Piece: Chopper's Quest in the land of Ponies - mauvsheep



Tony Tony Chopper ends up in Equestria. He must help the ponies defend their land from Tirek.

  • ...
21
 149
 7,547

To Canterlot; Princess Celestia, ruler of the Ponies!

Separated from the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates, Tony Tony Chopper finds himself in the land of Equestria; where it is populated not by humans, but talking ponies. Chopper has befriended a number of ponies, but has been arrested and taken to the main capital city called Canterlot due to his status of being a Pirate. He is to meet with the ruler, Princess Celestia.


The train ride from Ponyville to Canterlot, suffice to say, was a long, and rather awkward. No pony was allowed to talk to Chopper, due to the fact that he is a prisoner. Shining Armor was ordered to put him in chains, and to keep him away from all the civilian ponies in the other cars. Chopper could easily break the chains by simply transforming into his Heavy Point, but chose not to, as he didn't want to cause a scene, or set a bad example to his new friends.

The train had finally reached Canterlot, and all of the occupants exit. Fluttershy, and the rest of the Mane 6, as well as Spike, see Shining Armor, and a number of unicorn guards escort Chopper, still in his reindeer/human hybrid Brain Point to the main hall of the castle. It deeply troubled the ponies, especially Fluttershy, to see someone being carted away by the guards, when he had done nothing wrong. It broke her heart to see how helpless he was.

"Please follow us ladies." A unicorn guard said, as the Mane 6 and Spike follow the guard into the castle, as they head into the main throne room.

Moments later, they all greet Princess Celestia, and Shining Armor on her right, watching Chopper carefully as he is brought in front of the princess. Fluttershy began to have knots in her stomach. She couldn't help but feel nervous, awkward, and fearful for her new friend. The rest of the ponies, and Spike, were more confused than anything else.

"Greetings my little ponies." Celestia said, "I wish I didn't have to meet you all under current circumstances, but I have called you all here of a matter of great importance regarding our visitor."

Twilight nervously gulped as she listens to the princess address her and her friends. Shining Armor could only give a look of concern.

"This reindeer, Tony Tony Chopper, is a wanted criminal. I fear that his presence here, may put all of Equestria in great peril." The princess said to the ponies, and Spike, while Chopper could only stand and listen.

"He is a part of a pirate crew wanted for various crimes against the so called World Government outside of our own lands."

"But Princess Celestia," Fluttershy suddenly, and strangely out of character, bravely called out. "He hasn't done anything wrong here. I mean, at least he's been very friendly to us."

"Dear Fluttershy, I know he's someone important to you, and I know he has a good heart, but I fear he cannot stay here because he might bring THEM here."

"Who's THEM?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Humans, the outside world. I take it Chopper has already explained where he came from correct?" The princess asked her prized student.

"Well, Yes Princess." Twilight answered.

"You see, everything he told you, is true. Humans do exist outside of Equestria. No human has set foot in our land in over 800 years. Not since a great war that broke out world wide."

The ponies, Spike, and Chopper listen intently.

"You see, centuries ago, when I was still young, a faction called the Ancient Alliance formed by the kings of Twenty human kingdoms, waged a great war, that overthrew the old Ancient Kingdom that ruled over the world. It was a bloody and long war. Many lives where lost, but eventually, the Alliance won, and the old kingdom was decimated. Thus, the World Government was formed. During the war, some of the World Government officials, and soldiers discovered our land of Equestria. Seeing that we were all ponies, they attempted to conquer us.
The humans had spread the war to our kind. For decades, Ponies and humans fought each other over the land and our resources. It wasn't until the great Star Swirl the Bearded cast what was called a Mega Spell, that rendered the human weapons inopprotive.
Eventually, thanks to Star Swirl, the humans were finally driven away. But not before many lives were lost, on both sides. The former ruler of Equestria, Luna's, and my Father, the old king, was amongst the fallen.
It was a great price for victory. Eventually, Star Swirl cast another Mega Spell, that would render all human technology, or their log poses from ever finding Equestria again. From time to time, Luna and I will have to refresh the spell due to it weakening over time. We had several close calls in the past decades with human Pirates nearly finding and setting foot on our lands."

The Mane 6, Spike, and Chopper, all look at Princess Celestia, jaws agape. They were unable to fully believe what they just heard. There was indeed an outside world, and it didn't sound too friendly. Chopper already knew some of the history of the world, but he had no idea the ponies suffered so much in ancient times.

"I, I had no idea, I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Princess Celestia." Twilight said, as tears form in her eyes.

Celestia continues to speak.

"Dr. Chopper, your presence here jeopardizes our peaceful land. We had not had any wars for nearly three centuries now. I fear that if the World Government hears about your being here, they will come and invade. I cannot allow that." Celestia said in a stern tone.

Chopper was at a loss of words. Fluttershy was in tears. It wasn't fair, Chopper had done nothing wrong, and he's to be arrested.

Celestia then gives Chopper a more friendly gaze with her eyes, and begins to speak in a more sympathetic tone.

"I know you're not a bad reindeer. You have a heart of gold, and so do your crew mates. Yes, I have been watching the events of the outside world. Your crew are perhaps some of the most trustworthy, and noble humans I have ever seen. They know the true meaning of friendship, and family.
It pains me greatly to do this to you, someone who is branded a criminal all because of who he's friends with. I saw the events of Portgas D. Ace's execution two years ago, all because he's the son of the former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, he was branded a criminal. I know it isn't fair at all.
The same goes for your Captain, Monkey D. Luffy. Just because he's the son of the revolutionary, Monkey D. Dragon. To tell you the truth, I actually hope Dragon wins the war against the corrupted government. He's one of the few humans I truly Respect."

"Princess, what are we to do with Chopper then?" Shining Armor asked.

"Release his bonds Shining Armor, he has committed no crime against us." She replied.

Shining Armor then uses his horn, to release Chopper from his chains. He is now free.

"Thank you for releasing me Princess Celestia." Chopper responded.

"Of course Doctor." The princess replied.

"So, what's gonna happen to him?" Fluttershy asked.

Celestia then approches Chopper, and gently puts a hoof on his shoulder.

"I will provide you with the means to reunite you with the rest of your crew. I will give you a ship, small enough for you to operate on your own, but strong enough to survive the currents. I will also provide you with all the supplies you need. Also, since you've made friends with my pupil and her closest friends, I will allow you to stay for two more days. Please enjoy yourself, and make these last few precious moments with them count."

"Thank you for your generosity Princess." Chopper said, while slightly uplifted, but not completely.

"S'not Fair, he ain't done nothin' wrong. Ah can't believe he's bein' banished." Applejack said, as Rarity looked at Chopper with sympathetic eyes.

Fluttershy, although relieved Chopper won't be locked away, was still saddened that her new friend had to leave so soon. Granted she promised she'd help him find his crew and she knew he would eventually leave. But she wanted to spend more time with him. At least she'll have two more days.

"I know it isn't fair Applejack." Celestia addressed the cowmare, "but I must hold the safety of Equestria above all personal feelings. I can't risk the corrupted government sending their troops here, nor can I risk having villainous pirates such as Blackbeard, or Eustass Kidd finding our lands. They are notorious killers."

"I understand Princess," Chopper replied. "I will respect your wishes."

"I thank you Chopper. And I also ask that you forgive me, I hope that I can be considered your friend as well."

"Sure you are, any other ruler would have thrown me into a prison. You've been more than nice to me." Chopper said to the princess, as she smiled at him, and a feeling of guilt panged in her heart.

"You may all return to your homes now. Please enjoy your time here Dr. No matter how brief it may be. May you have pleasant memories of our friendship." Celestia said.

Shining Armor then approches Chopper.

"Hey, I hope there aren't any hard feelings. I had to follow my orders and do my job." He said.

Chopper simply smiled, and shook hooves with him.

"Don't worry about it." Chopper replied.

"Well Spike, that was quite the doozy." Twilight said to her dragon assistant. "I never knew about such a vast world existed outside of Equestria."

Pinkie Pie then hopped in front of all the others.

"Hey, don't be sad everypony, when we get back to Ponyville, I'm gonna host a Welcome to Ponyville party for Chopper, then when he's ready to go, I'm gonna throw another Goodbye Party for him too. Doesn't that sound fun?" Pinkie said as she continues to bounce around the room.

"Sounds lovely Pinkie." Rarity said nodding.


With all that was said and done, they board the train back to Ponyville. This time, Chopper was allowed to ride in the cars with the rest of the ponies. He decided for the duration of the ride, to stay in his Walk Point full reindeer form, as there were other ponies sharing the car, and he didn't want to startle them with his other forms.

"Umm, Chopper?" Fluttershy said as she sat next to him, "I umm, I hope.... I mean, I want to let you know..... You'll always be somepony special to me, even though, you're not a pony. You'll always be here in our hearts, even if you're a world away. So please don't forget about me..... I mean, if that's ok with you."

"Of course I'll never forget you Fluttershy." He responded. "I never forget all the friends I made on my long journey to be the best doctor in the world. And let's not be sad right now. We're gonna go back to your town, and have the most fun ever."

Fluttershy gave a large smile, and suddenly, kissed him on the cheek, surprising Chopper, and the rest of the Mane 6 and Spike. Fluttershy herself was also surprised by her own actions, and began to blush nervously, realizing what she had just done.

"Whoa Flutters!" Rainbow Dash said, "I never knew you had THAT in you!"

"Oh, how quaint!" Rarity said with her eyes fluttering.

Chopper blushed, then passed out.

"Oh no! Is he alright?" Fluttershy asked in panic. "I didn't mean to hurt him."

"He'll be fine. He just fainted." Twilight answered the pegasus.

Fluttershy gave a sigh of relief.

Applejack, Spike, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie simply laughed at Chopper's expression as he laid on the floor. He was blushing, with a huge grin on his face.


Eventually, he woke up, just in time for the train to reach Ponyville. They all exit the train and start trotting back to the main part of the town.

"Well, let's get the party preparations started!" Pinkie Pie yelled as they walk towards Sugarcube corner.

Suddenly, Pinkie's knee begins to have a pinchie feeling.

"KNEE PINCH! KNEE PINCH!" She yelled. "Something scary is about to happen!"

As if on cue, a dark mass of clouds appear overhead. From the clouds a number of small looking winged dragon like creatures began emerging from it. Beneath, a large squad of bipedal lizard like creatures wearing armor, and wielding spears also charged forward into Ponyville. Then another winged dragon like creature, this time, with a gargoyle like creature riding it's back emerged from the cloud.

"Begin the raid! Lord Tirek has commanded that we capture as many ponies as we can!"

The invading force swoop in by air, and march in by ground, and began their assault into the town.