• Published 20th May 2012
  • 7,594 Views, 149 Comments

One Piece: Chopper's Quest in the land of Ponies - mauvsheep



Tony Tony Chopper ends up in Equestria. He must help the ponies defend their land from Tirek.

  • ...
21
 149
 7,594

Separated from the crew; Chopper in a strange new land!

It was what seemed a regular day on the second half of the Grand Line called the "New World".
The sky was clear blue with a few clouds, and as was the sea. Monkey D. Luffy was sitting at the head of the Thousand Sunny relaxing with his friend Tony Tony Chopper, the reindeer doctor of the crew, while thinking back of their previous adventure beneath the depths of the ocean in Fishman Island. Usopp, the sniper of the crew, and Brook, the skeleton musician were busy fishing at the starboard side of the Sunny, while Zoro was busy working out in the Crow's Nest.

Nico Robin was sitting on deck in a chair with a parasol covering her from the direct sunlight, while Sanji serves her a refreshing cold drink in a coconut shell, as Franky was busy pounding away at his workshop.

Suddenly, Nami runs up to the rest of the crew...

"I getting a weird vibe everyone." She said to the crew.

"Is something wrong Nami?" Robin asked with concern.

"I feel, a storm coming.... Zoro, Brook! unfurl the sails. Franky prepare four barrels of cola! We're in for a massive typhoon!"

"OOOHHH, sounds fun!" Luffy calls out as Chopper looks at him with worry.

"Fun?! Scary is more like it!" Chopper complained.

"Aw, don't worry Chopper, you're a man now right? A brave pirate of the sea, like all of us!" Luffy replied as he pats the little reindeer in his diminutive form on the back.

"Uh, yeah, that's right, I'm a brave pirate of the sea!" Chopper said as he blushes and does his happy dance.

All the Straw Hats scramble as they prepare themselves for the oncoming storm.

"I don't see a single storm cloud in the sky Nami." Usopp said as he peers through his telescope.

"It's not coming from the sky, it's coming from the sea beneath us." Nami replied to the sniper.

"Huh?" Usopp said dumbfounded. "Well, it is the second half of the Grand Line. Weirder things have happened."

"OF COURSE! You dare to doubt our lovely NAMI-SWAAAAN!!??" Sanji interjected angrily, while his eye turned into a heart shape.

"Just get ready everyone." Nami said, just as the sea currents begin to turn violent.

"Here it comes... and it's SUUUUPPPAAAHHH!!!" Franky yells, as he poses his arms together in an angle.

"I see it, I see it, even though I have no eyes. Yohohohoho!! Skull Joke!" Brook cracks as he laughs.

"SKULL JOKE!" Luffy joins in.

Nami smacks them both over the head with her clima-tact.

"No time to goof around, it's coming." She angrily yells at the two.

Zoro jumps to the main mast and pulls the rope to furl the sails up, as Franky prepares the cola barrels.

"We're ready Nami." Zoro says as Robin fastens all the loose objects with ropes using her Flower Flower fruit to sprout hands everywhere to tie up all loose ends.

And then, it hit. Giant tidal waves that were almost as high as the sky itself. They began to toss the Thousand Sunny around like a toy in a bathtub. The waves continue to crash into the ship, as the crew hang on to dear life.

"All hands, brace for lift off!" Franky yells, as he activates the rear engine of the ship.

"COUP DE BURST!"

The Sunny then flies through the air, as the waves seem to come alive and chase the ship.
The waves then begin to turn into what looked like tentacles, watery tendrils that begin to attack each of the crew members.

"Gomu Gomu No, Gattling Gun!" Luffy yells as he lets out a hundred fist blows at the watery tendrils, and they dissapate on impact.

"108 Phoenix Pound Cannon!" Zoro slashes at more tendrils as they are repelled.

As the sunny flies, it lands in a giant pillar of water that seems to bring the ship back down to sea level, but then it suddenly begins to rain, electricity.

Luffy is struck, but with his body being rubber, thanks to the Rubber Rubber Fruit, it doesn't faze him.

Another strike however, sends a massive wave onto the ship, as all nine pirates are caught in it. Thankfully, Sanji, using his Air Walk technique, save Robin before she was swept overboard, but Chopper wasn't so lucky.

"CHOPPER!" Luffy screamed out to the doctor.

Chopper began struggling to keep afloat in the churning waters, but due to him eating the Human Human Fruit, it was impossible. Luffy tried to stretch is arms out to grab the reindeer, but the ship was rocked when another giant wave hit.
Usopp tried to throw the life preserver out to Chopper, but he was swept too far out.

At this point, Chopper had completely sunk under water. Zoro, Sanji, and Franky dove in, swimming at top speeds in an attempt to rescue their friend. Brook also foolishly dove into the ocean, only to realize too late, that he was a devil fruit user. He also began to sink.

Chopper can see the trio swimming towards him, as Franky tried to turn around to save Brook. Sanji and Zoro were just about to reach Chopper when an underwater current swept him further away from the rest of the crew. Chopper, running out of air, then blacked out.


Chopper began to slowly open his eyes, and tried to figure out his surroundings. He noticed, he was no longer in the ocean, but what appeared to be inside of some sort of house. Surrounding him, were small furry animals. From bunnies, to birds, to squirrels. He slowly gets up, as his head was spinning. He had no idea how he got here, or even remembered anything that happened. The last thing in his memory was Zoro and Sanji about to rescue him, when a current pulled him away.

Chopper, then hears what appears to be singing from another room. He then sees the door open, and what he laid eyes on next, completely took his breath away. It was a pony, a yellow pony, with a pink mane, and wings. She was singing a sweet tune as she carried a tray with a bowl of soup towards him.

"Oh, I see you're awake. I was so worried you were too injured to wake up." The winged pony said to him.

"HUH?! You're a talking pony with wings?" Chopper asked her while dumbfounded.

"Why yes of course, I'm a pegasus pony, and all ponies can talk of course." The pony replied. "But I've never seen a creature like you before. You're just so adorable."

"A...A-adorable?" Chopper blushed as he asked..... "Uh, giving me a compliment and saying I'm cute won't make me happy, you jerk." He said while blushing, smiling, and waving his body around in a cheerful manner.

"Oh you're one of those who can't hide their feelings when given a compliment. That makes you even cuter." The pony responded. "So what are you?"

Chopper finally got back to his senses,

"I'm a reindeer." He answered.

"I've never seen a reindeer like you before. You walk on two legs, and your body shape and size are nothing like I've ever seen on any reindeer before. And I though all of your kind would live further up north where the climate is colder." She explained to Chopper.

"Well, I'm not a normal reindeer. You see, I ate a devil fruit. It allows me to shapeshift my body into different forms, and it gave me the intelligence of a human." Chopper replied. "The Human Human Fruit, zoan type."

"Humans?" The pony asked, "Oh that's just an old mare's tale. Everypony knows that humans are made up for fairy tales."

"No, that's not true. You never seen a human before? Are you a devil fruit user too? Is that why you can talk and have wings? And what's your name? I'm Tony Tony Chopper by the way. But you can just call me Chopper."

"Well, nice to meet you Chopper, I'm Fluttershy." She responded. "And no, I don't know what these devil fruits are, though they sound kind of scary. I'm a pegasus pony, and born with these wings. And like I said before, all ponies can talk."

Chopper was slightly taken aback, maybe he hit his head a little too hard, or maybe he's in a land where no human has ever set foot on, maybe not even the former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger came to before.

"Now, you should eat up, and drink the soup I made for you." Fluttershy said, as she placed the tray in front of Chopper. "You need to recover."

"I know, and thank you. I've been in situations like these almost all the time." He replied as he begins to drink the soup Fluttershy prepared for him.

He then notices a grey rabbit with a limp. Chopper sees his backpack next to the bed. He reaches for it, and pulls out some bandages, while Fluttershy looks at him intently. Chopper then picks up the little rabbit, and begins to wrap the bandages on the hurt leg, and then pulls out a small cast, and puts it on the leg.

"You seem to know what you're doing." Fluttershy said to the little reindeer.

"Of course, I'm a doctor." He replied to the pony.

"Really? Oh that's wonderful. I've never met a reindeer doctor before." She said back to him.

"Say, how did I get here anyway?" Chopper asked.

"Oh, I found you lying on the beach when I was taking a morning stroll with my bunny Angel. You looked like you were half drowned. I had to do something to save you. I couldn't just leave you out there." She said as she flies up to him and gently pets his head.

"You saved my life, thank you. What about the rest of my friends?" he asked.

"Oh, you were the only one I found." Fluttershy said.

"Oh, I see. I hope they're ok. They must be worried about me." Chopper said as tears begin to flow from his eyes.
The thought of his crew brought him a feeling of loneliness without them. They had taken him in when the rest of the world shunned him. They were the only family he had.

"I know you must feel lonely with out your friends being here, but don't cry, I'll also be your friend. And I'll help you find your other friends too." She said as she give him a hug. Chopper began to blush.

He then looks out the window, and realises it was night.

"Why don't we get some sleep. Tomorrow morning, I'll take you to Ponyville to meet the rest of my friends. Twilight Sparkle, one of my best friends, who's the town librarian should be able to help you. We'll get you back home. I promise." She said smiling, giving Chopper a feeling of ease.

"You're right. Thank you for everything and for saving my life Fluttershy. I'll talk to you tomorrow morning."

With that Fluttershy turns off the lights, and closes the door. Chopper, looked out the window, and started thinking about Luffy and the others, wondering if they're ok, and hoping that he can see them again soon so they won't have to worry about him. He wanted to have some way, of delivering a message to them, to let them know, he was safe.