• Published 18th Sep 2015
  • 4,088 Views, 138 Comments

The YouTube Bug - PegasisterTheBrony



All of our favorite YouTubers have randomly dissapeared to a strange and unknown place...

  • ...
10
 138
 4,088

Chapter One - So Kawaii!

For once, Twilight Sparkle had some free time; being the Princess of Friendship took quite a toll on your hobbies, and soon after her coronation, the alicorn quickly realized that the time she originally spent going through her books was very much so reduced to zero.

So, whenever her duties were unexpectedly completed ahead of schedule, the first thing that she did was call for her number one assistant, Spike the Dragon, with plans to reorganize her library. Partially pushing open the door to her main hallway, Twilight poked her head through the crack, her deep purple eyes searching for any sign of the little dragon. Seeing nothing, she then proceeded to push the door open all the way, beginning to walk down the crystal hallway in order to locate Spike.

"Spike?" She called out, peeking inside of several rooms to see if he was hiding from her. Not long after starting her search, the purple pony heard a very distinct voice belting out a song from the security of his room. Tiptoeing up to the door, Twilight eagerly pressed her ear up to the door, straining to hear Spike as clearly as possible. Quickly, she recognized the soundtrack from the hit movie "Pitch Perfect Ponies," a film in which she had gone out with Rarity and Fluttershy to see a few months back; the fact that Spike was now singing the songs at the top of his lungs greatly amused her.

"I saw the signs,
And it opened up my eyes!
And I am happy now living without you;
I've left you all alo-one!
I saw the signs, and it opened up up my eyes!
I saw the si - GAH! "

At this moment, Twilight had pushed open the doors, startling the dragon out of his wits; he was in some of the most ridiculous getup which she had ever seen, and the alicorn was certain that Rarity would've had a fit if she had seen his pink boa, sparkly tiara, and plastic microphone. Almost as soon as Twilight entered, Spike leapt at least three feet into the air, struggling to shed his garments as efficiently as possible. Upon landing back on the ground, he reached out with a claw and paused the CD, blushing profusely as he did so.

"Erm... hi."

Rolling her eyes, Twilight plucked his discarded accessories from the floor with her magical grasp, neatly placing them into an open bin that laid on the ground nearby. "Oh, relax, Spike, I've seen you doing worse... much worse." She added, tossing him a smart look as she closed the bin and levitated it over to the wall causally. Ignoring Spike trying to hide his face with his hands, Twi didn't waste any time in handing him a scroll of paper and a quill, marching out of the room as urgently as possible. Spike, clearly eager to forget his - ahem - moment from earlier, quickly followed suit, his quill at the ready.

"So, Spike, I have some unexpected free time today, and I plan on going through the books in the library, doing a bit of light studying, (three hours at the most) and then rereading my old friendship letters as a brief review. Once this is done, I would like to add more of the Pegasus Jackson series to the shelf. Furthermore, I want to see to it that-"

Mid-ramble, Twilight was cut off by the sound of doors slamming open, and a very familiar chorus of voices call out out to her.

"TWILIGHT!!!!"

Snapping her head around, Twi spotted four of her friends galloping towards her at top speed. (Well, Pinkie Pie was skipping at top speed, but that wasn't the point.) Spinning around almost instantly, Twilight starting rushing towards them in order to meet them in the middle; something was clearly wrong, and it needed attention now.

As soon as Twilight was able to, she flared up her wings in an authoritative, take-charge pose, standing at attention and meeting all of her friends eye to eye. "What's wrong?" She demanded, sweeping her purple gaze over them worriedly. As she did so, the alicorn quickly realized that Rainbow Dash was missing from the group, and it only quickened her heartbeat even more; did something happen to her pegasus friend?

Her own stance drooping a little at the lack of a response, Twilight tried again, her voice a bit weaker than before. "Well...? Anything?"

All sets of eyes seemed to land on AJ, which obviously made the farm pony uncomfortable; she glanced down at her hooves for half a heartbeat, shielding herself from their urgent eyes with her hat, until she felt the guilt settle into her stomach. "Aw, shoot! Fine." She sighed, tilting her hat back into it's usual position. "Ah was outside, selling a few apple bushels that we had just harvested, and the next thing ah know, a pony who ah had never seen before just plopped into the center of mah cart, hollerin' like he was bein' chased by a timberwolf."

Twilight's ears perked up upon hearing this; she almost felt like she had come across the mystery in a Prancy Drew novel, and now she was preparing to begin solving. "Go on." She urged, her hoof striking the ground impatiently. "Spike, could you write this down?" No response followed, and Twilight looked back down the hall to see that Spike had dropped his paper and quill in the center of the hallway; undoubtedly, the dragon had escaped the situation as quickly as possible in order to sing even more of the Pitch Perfect Pony soundtrack... oh, well. With a small sigh, Twilight swept up the materials in her magic, deciding to write it all down herself. "Alright, Applejack, continue, please."

The orange earth pony squeezed her eyes shut, wracking her brain to remember what had happened. "Um... I asked his what the hay he was doin', but he just looked at me and passed out - I'm not sure why. But I looked up to see where he fell from, and there was this gaping hole in the sky. In fact, as ah was watching, I saw a different pony fall through the hole, as if he were travelin' through time or somethin'..." Applejack took this moment to glanced over at Fluttershy, whose eyes were wide in sheer awe. "Ah saw the pony fallin', and then Dash raced out from the clouds and caught him midair. Fluttershy joined her up in the air, and helped the pony down... As she was doin' that, yet another pony fell through. Ah'd never seen anythin' like it."

Nodding her head to signal that she was done, Rarity quickly joined the conversation. "We all saw the falling ponies, and we all thought to come to you... we met up outside." The beautiful pony proclaimed, nodding to the group of ponies. "Do you have any idea what this could be, darling?"

Finishing up her scribbled notes, Twilight poofed the paper away, putting it into safekeeping. "No... but I need to try and figure this out." Marching for the door, Twilight narrowed her eyes determinedly. "Fluttershy, is Rainbow Dash still catching ponies?"

"I-I think so. She told me to come back and get you, though, so I'm not sure..."

"Do any of you have a guess as to how many ponies are out there?"

"Oh, a guessing game! I LOVE guessing games! Ummm, forty-two. No, wait, fifty-six! Oh, eighty-three, eighty-three!"

Rolling her eyes slightly, Twilight sauntered up to the door in a casual manner, lighting up her horn to pull the door open. "Oh, Pinkie, I'm sure it's not that much; we might just be overreacting a bit." The purple pony chuckled as she swung the doors open. "See, look, I guarantee you that what you're seeing is not eighty-three poni-"

Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, was rendered speechless, because the amount of ponies in the Ponyville Square was not forty-two, fifty-six, or eighty-three. In fact, if she herself had to guess, Twilight would say that there were approximately one-hundred-fifty-ponies, all of whom were in states of panic.

Rarity, seeing her friend's state of shock, stepped forward and placed a comforting hoof on her shoulder. "Twilight, dear, are you okay?" She asked her gently, her face clearly showing concern. Twilight shook her head multiple times, making an attempt at clearing her head enough to think. "Um, er... Yes, I'm fine. " She sputtered, putting a hoof to her head. "Okay... Fluttershy, I'd like you to fly up and see if there are any more ponies coming in." Nodding her head quickly, the butter-yellow pegasus began flapping her wings gently, heading up to the skies to locate Rainbow. Next, Twi turned to Pinkie Pie, who was busy counting the ponies to see if her guesses had been right.

"Pinkie Pie? Pinkie? ... Pinkie!"

The bubblegum-pink pony perked up upon hearing her name, turning her attention to Twilight. "Yeeeeeeees?" She drawled out happily, trotting in place as she did so. Twilight sighed in slight annoyance - now wasn't the time for any antics! "I need you to find Spike for me; tell him that it's important." Twilight urged, lifting up a hoof in an antsy panic. Pinkie gave the alicorn a tiny salute, shouting a hearty, "Yes sir, ma'am sir!" Within a second, she was gone. At last, Twilight faced Applejack and Rarity, letting out a sigh or relief. "Okay - I'm going to need the two of you to help me out here, if you don't mind." She murmured to the pair, making sure to be discreet. Both the earth pony and the unicorn nodded in understanding, their eyes shining with authority. At last, Twilight felt as if she could properly handle the situation...

Once Pinkie Pie was trotting back through the doors with Spike, and Fluttershy returned with Rainbow Dash trailing behind her, Twilight shared a nod with the others before flapping her wings, rising up so that she may be seen from all angles by the newcomers. Clearing her throat, she summoned a megaphone with her magic, took a deep breath, and began to speak.

"Um, excuse me?" She called out experimentally, her voice unsure. Below her, the large mass of ponies jerked their heads towards her, all of their attention focused on the magical, flying purple pony. Knowing that she had their attention, she continued what she was saying. "Now... I know you're all afraid and curious as to where you are, but I need to ask that you please just stay quiet until I finish. It will make this process easier, and we can begin to sort this out sooner, rather than later. Is that understandable?" Several nods followed, with a couple of cries of protest. But, Twilight wasn't angry - she was just relieved that they were trusting her.

"So... My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle. I'm one of the four alicorn rulers of Equestria. Below me," she added, waving with her hoof towards her friends. "Are my friends and companions, also known as the Elements of Harmony. Whenever I say their name, they will step forward in order to introduce themselves.

"First, I would like to introduce Applejack; she is an earth pony, and she currently manages Sweet Apple Acres." Upon hearing her name, AJ stepped forward, waving her hat in a friendly way. "Howdy!!" She called out, wanting to look as friendly as possible to the strangers. Everypony seemed to visibly relax at her easygoing nature, and the farm pony nodded to the crowd once more before stepping back.

"Next, I'd like to introduce Fluttershy; she is a pegasus who is the caretaker for most of the animals in Ponyville." Fluttershy, obviously surprised at her name being called next, let out a small Eep! of shock. Rainbow Dash, fed up with Fluttershy's timidness already, pushed her to go forward with a tiny kick to one of her friend's trembling legs; this did the trick, and Fluttershy jumped into the air, a sharp yelp sounding. This action alone was met by many coos from the crowd below, and Fluttershy found herself blushing as red as a tomato before shrinking back down to the ground.

Wincing a bit, Twilight found herself wishing that Fluttershy hadn't been so afraid, but she had no time to mull over that; quickly, she moved on. "Next, we have Pinkie Pie, an earth pony as well. Now, she can be a bit-"

"Welcome, welcome, welcome, a fine welcome to you! Welcome, welcome, welcome, I say, how do you do? Welcome, welcome, welcome, I say hip hip hooray! Welcome, welcome, welcome to Po-ny-ville today!"

Breathing a sigh of relief now that the song was over, Twilight opened up her mouth to continue reading off the names when, almost like impending doom, Pinkie's voice rang out to them all.

"Wait for it...!" A few seconds later, an extremely loud and unexpected blast of confetti boomed from her little welcome wagon, showering over Everypony in the crowd; Twilight wasn't positive, but she was pretty sure that she saw a few ponies faint in the front - Pinkie Pie and her antics. Lightly shaking her head, Twilight raised the megaphone to her lips once more, trying desperately to keep her friend from terrifying even more newcomers. "Everypony, I'm so sorry about-"

"Hey! You're all invited to my official Welcome-to-Equestria party!!!! Or maybe it should be a You're-A-Pony party? How about -"

Clearly fed up with Pinkie's constant interruptions, Rainbow Dash flew up to where Twilight was hovering, snatched the Megaphone from her, and shouted into it with all her might, ready to just get the introductions over with. "I'm Rainbow Dash, and that's Rarity. Any questions? No? Okay, then let's move on!" Shoving the megaphone into Twilight's chest, the pegasus narrowed her eyes at the silent crowd as she fluttered back down; it was so quiet, you could even hear the quiet murmur of Rarity's voice, "That was rather uncalled for..."

Using a hoof, Twilight took a moment to massage her temples, groaning a bit in frustration. It's almost over, it's almost over...

"So, ponies!" Twi exclaimed, her sudden cheerfulness obviously forced. "We're going to need somepony to speak for you, so that we may better understand the current situation; from there, we can address everything in a calm, appropriate, and organized manner." Twilight decided to break there for a second to let her gaze sweep over the crowd, looking for any questions that might have needed to be answered. When no one piped up, the Alicorn called into her megaphone with a question of her own.

"Anyone?"

Finally, she got some sort of a response - the ponies in the crowd began muttering, just a little at first, but the mumbles slowly became more audible... Eventually, Twilight was able to pick out what they were saying.

"Where's PewDiePie?" "Anyone seen Pewds?" "Just look for a brofist on someone's butt!" "Shut up, Wade!" "Wait, I think this is him!" "Say something!"

"Uh... No?"

"It's him! Get him up there!"

"No, bros, you don't understand! I don't wanna be near the magical flying horse! She could zap me! SHE COULD MURDER ME MUCHACHOS."

Twilight Sparkle's eyebrows slowly began to raise as she spotted commotion in the crowd. From where she was, she could see that a pony was being pushed to the front, where Twilight and the rest of her friends stood in waiting. Descending to the ground, she could her his calls of protest get louder and louder, until, finally, she was muzzle-to-muzzle with a light blue pegasus stallion, with a loose and casual sandy-blonde mane. Stealing a peak at his cutie mark, Twilight spotted a... Fist? Brofist? She had heard the term widely at Canterlot High, and had even participated in one or two; the fact that this pony had a brofist as his cutie mark was extremely confusing, but she had no time to dwell. Later, she thought to herself with a small smirk.

Catching back up with reality, Twilight handed her megaphone off to Applejack before speaking to the pony before her. "Hi. I'm Twilight Sparkle, and you?" She introduced herself, offering a hoof for the stallion to shake. He stared at are hoof in mild confusion for a second, clearly not knowing what to do - after a little bit, though, his eyes sparked with recognition, and he rose unsteadily to his rear hooves, gripping her hoof with both legs and shaking twice before dropping on all fours. "My name is Felix Kjellburg, but you can call me PewDiePie, too." His nerves beginning to fade, waving and smiling at the other five, he greeted them with a hearty, "How's it going, bros?"

Rarity scrunched up her nose in distaste, gently flicking her mane from her face. "Sir, I am a lady, and I would like to be treated as such; please do not refer to me as a," she shuttered a bit. "'Bro.'"

The pegasus - Felix - sighed and rolled his eyes a bit. "Alright... Geez."

Twilight nodded a bit, feeling like she was finally doing well, and flicked her ear in slight impatience. "So, how about you gather up a few more ponies, and we'll talk inside of the castle?" She suggested, tilting her head towards the large crystal structure. Felix visibly gulped, his knees knocking, before nodding quickly and scooting into the crowd, calling out a few names that Twilight didn't recognize. Turning around to begin her walk to the castle, Twilight beckoned her friends with a flick of her tail. The Alicorn had barely taken three steps, however, when she heard a loud gasp from behind. Spinning around abruptly, her horn charged and ready, the Princess prepared to battle a creature from the Everfree Forest. What she saw, however, was not what she expected...

Felix was gawking at himself in the reflection of a puddle; his eyes slowly grew wider and wider, and his jaw slowly dropped more and more, until he gather up the strength to speak.

"I'm... I'M SO KAWAII!"

... Kawaii?

Author's Note:

HELLO EVERYPONY! I'VE BROUGHT FORTH A NEW CHAPTER!

So, I want to apologize for the long delay between chapters... :twilightblush: I ran into some major technical difficulties, and when I finished the chapter, it wouldn't transfer between files, and just ARGH! :twilightangry2:

Sorry. :twistnerd: So, before I continue, I have some thank yous to give out... First, to UniqueSKD, for dealing with me and editing/proofreading the chapter; you've helped me so much! Also, to CivilizedChangeling for character artwork; he's really talented, find him on DeviantArt! Last but not least... Shynight. I stole their idea for the ending. :rainbowlaugh:

But anyhoo... THANK you guys so much for reading. If you liked it, PUNCH that like button In the face, LIKE A BRONY! And, brohoofs all around! *brohoof* *brohoof* But THANK you guys, and I will see all you peeps... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!

(that reference tho)

Comments ( 63 )

Genuis Pewds strikes again! Oh, and nice Markiplier cameo. Can we get Sky, Jin, Barney, and Ross?

Okay, I MIGHT be interested in this... so long as the following are involved:

MatPat from The Game Theroists

Jirad and Greg from That One Video Gamer (hint hint, repair their friendship.)

And well, that's everyone who I can think of.

"Just look for a brofist on someone's butt!" "Shut up, Wade!"

I can totally see Bob and Wade saying this:rainbowlaugh:

First off, I want Jack to play a roll in this (if you don't know who I'm talking about you are no youtuber:ajbemused:). Second, Wiz and Boomstick from Screw Attack NEED to interact with Rainbow Dash, see below

Third, members of the Brony Analisis community, DrWolf, Josh Scorcher etc. should be included.
Point 3.5 Lightning Bliss should be here in her alicorn OC and she should interact with the princesses.
Point 3.5 b, Fluttershy should meet her pet rainbow monster Twink
If you follow at least 1 of these points, I will upgrade you from a well deserved like to a favorite, all 3 and I will give you a cookie.
Either way, please continue

6494488
LOL, thank you. As for the others, we'll seeeeeeeeeeee...

6494489
MatPat... Hmmm... He might be in this story, but that's just a theory. A FiMfiction theory. :rainbowlaugh: Sorry, I'm awful.

6494652
I did already have my mane cast picked out, but I'm not 100% sure if either will be chosen to go; I, sadly, haven't ever watched a lot of Smosh, (Pleasedon'thateme) and as for Mark... I felt like it would be innapropriate after the recent tragedy with Danny. However, I'm going to be looking at popular demand for both Smosh and whether or not to bring Mark back, as they've been highly suggested. We'll see!

6494779
Good. That's what I was going for. :pinkiehappy:

6494805
This is probably going to come off as blunt, but did you read the prologue? All of the characters in it are intended to be some of the main characters. So... favorite? :derpytongue2: Just kidding, lol. Also, the rest of your points have. Been. NOTED! Thanks for the like! :twilightsmile:

Im gonna laugh if alex side is going to be in this.

6495001 Oh, you know who you should bring in? Captain Sparklez. Dude would flip his shit. It'd be hilarious.

6495001 From the talking, I can imagine it's: Mark, Jack, Wade and Bob:)

You're doing great so far! Unlike most of the comments i see, i'm pretty much happy with any you add into this AMAZING story you have going. Keep up the good work! :pinkiehappy:

I love dis story so much!:pinkiecrazy:
Da pewds is kawaii
Can't wait for the next chapter though:pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy:
honestly, Matpat would be going on about fnaf the whole time, until he could finally settle down having tea with Scott Cawthon
(will Scott Cawthon be in the story?:twilightsheepish: he is kind of popular, and has a youtube account. If that even counts~)

I honestly wish Mark could play a larger role in this story, considering he'd play an awesome part, but I understand him not being able to and all... That... Incident

Anyone gonna see Alchestbreach?....no?

Another chapter! This story has reached Tiny Box Tim levels of awesomeness!
I don't actually watch Pewdiepie. What does Kawaii mean?

6495481
It's Japanese for "cute"

6494489 Oh yes, definitely MatPat. You could even have Danny2462 from the KSP community and have him only speak with words on a chalkboard or something.

This story has lots of lets players... and it will have Vanoss, so the only thing missing is the following:

_star and muselk ( finally finish the debate about whos the better rocket jumper)

A member of the gmod/sfm community + InvertedShadow( not a member of his team)

Delfy ( two professional trolls within close proximity...should be fun)

Smosh. And Espresso Reacts.

I better get a Cr1tikal cameo, or at least cryaotic or Videogamedunkey!

LOL, Pewds, you goob head, heehehe.
I am loving how this is going!

My only nitpick is the dialogue, it's all bunched up into one paragraph Dx
But, awesome!
Cant' wait to see Mark, Smosh, Jack, and so many other awesome ones :yay:

6495001 I did see that but didn't know that meant he would be a main character, I apologise:fluttercry: and approve:yay:. I do hope that you will at least take point 2 into consideration, not as many people would know who the people from point 3 are:ajsleepy:, though 3.5 would be pretty funny yes? Favouriting now.

Felix *Kjellberg*, it's not even that hard. If you want to Anglicize it, you can even pronounce it Shellberg, which he's totally okay with.
Also in the earlier chapter, I noticed you called Jacksepticeye Jack, when I believe his name is actually Seán.
Other than that, this story is pretty funny, if a little amateurish (a word I use in the best of ways), and I look forward to more.
Pewdiepie is best pony.

6495033 OMG YES WHY DID THAT NEVER CROSS MY MIND?!??!?!?!??!?! :pinkiegasp:

6495040 I'm sorry... but that's CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, sorry, I'm feeling hyper today.

6495238 Oh my gosh, thank you!!! That means a lot. :pinkiesad2:

6495304 Thank you! And woah, that's a really good idea... I shall take you up on that, friend. :raritywink:

6495481 Oh my gosh, Tiny Box Tim levels of awesomeness... I don't know what to say.

6506069 Because not everybody can be as smart as me.

6506069 yay!:yay:
Can't wait for the next chapter too!:rainbowkiss:

Here are 20 of characters that I want to be added in the future chapters;

1.Dan and Phil = DanandPhilGames
2.Evan = Vanossgaming
3.Tony = TCTN Gaming
4.The Living Tombstone
5.Mastermaxx888
6.Ratchetness
7.Silver-Quill
8.Josh = The Fiery Joker
9.Ian & Anthony = Smosh
10.Lasercorn, Jovenshire, Sohinki, Mari, Wes, Flitz = Smosh Games
11.Vanoss' friends
12.Yogscast
13.Stormlight
14.Dr Wolf
15.Jaffaarchfiend
16.Kwebbelkop
17.Stampylonghead
18.Dan = TheDiamondMinecart
19.Luigikid
20.Sir Sonic HD

Too many?

I love the concept behind this. You should keep writing it. I'd love to see how things turn out. :)

6508443 Erm. I agree with the Dan and Phil suggestion. Very much.

~ The Great Zoroark

6519734
PLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE CAN YOU INCLUDE DAN AND PHIL IT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE SO MUCH BETTER....sorry :twilightsheepish:

oooooo tyler oakley as well, miranda sings, troye sivan, connor franta, crabsticks, kick the pj
sorry i'm a little obbsessed

really really good following this


edit: you don't have to add any charactors in this story is amazing and i'm not going to be annoyed if you don't, i just would love to see Dan and Phil in a mlp fanfiction, I'm just a socially awkward fangirl

6519734 The Phandom is everywhere
cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051b5270e30a777490476ef0b52bf78efd4124-wm.jpg

Mark?

Mark were r u m9?

YAY ME AGAIN










p.s. I'm sorry to correct you but as I'm British my name is civilisedchangeling not with a z and it also makes it easier for the deviantart :scootangel:

Whew. You didn't ponify Marzia. That level of adorbs would kill us all. And were she to interact with Flutters in any way, the multiverse could implode.

"just look for a brofist on someones butt" I AM DYING OF LAUGHTER!! ITS BEATUIFUL :rainbowlaugh:

6690643 I just realized the authors note reference. *facehoof* :facehoof:

Seananners ples!

When is the next chapter coming out?

6833495 Having some technical difficulties with my computer, so hopefully by the end of January??

Are you back yet?

This hilarious and really well written and I love it. :rainbowkiss::yay::heart:
6495033 YES OMG I WOULD TEN OUTTA TEN RATE THAT YES PLEASE

6958402 Yeah, but he's Chuck Norris.

"I'm... I'M SO KAWAII!"

OMG LOL!!!!! I don't even watch pewds anymore, but this was just the best!!!

Did anypony else hear Mark's voice in their head after reading "Shut Up, Wade!" Still laughing at that!

Dis is Just :pinkiegasp:

ART :pinkiecrazy:

This story's so dam fast paced :pinkiegasp:
And random asF

Slow down a Bit because I Have NO idea what's doing on XD

7184069 :rainbowlaugh: Thank you!!! I'm about to continue working on my new chapter, so be prepared! :pinkiecrazy:

7190133 :pinkiehappy: could you maybe have Smosh and Freaky frank apper later in this Fic

Login or register to comment