• Published 2nd Jun 2015
  • 5,143 Views, 193 Comments

The great Laharl - The tale of a displaced Overlord - Hoppa_21



I am Laharl and I am stuck in a museum in Canterlot…as a statue. Fully conscious to endure the mockery of these pony abominations. But I’m not imprisoned anymore. I managed to break out and the two sisters will soon pay for their foolishness!

  • ...
35
 193
 5,143

About An Escape Try And Pancakes

Roses. This was the first thing, that I could sense or to be more accurate taste. I could slowly feel my senses again and was groggy, as my mind tried to process everything that had happened before I fell into a state of unconsciousness.

First was the taste of roses in my mouth. Not real roses though, more like a layer of something that tasted like it on my tongue. This made me want to throw up almost instantly.

I shot up as I started to gag, which soon turned out to a slight coughing fit.

They really screwed me over, I thought, as I slowly remembered, who I was together with.

Nopenopenopenopenope! Not together like that! Bad thoughts! Go in a corner! I throw you in the deepest pit of a corner of my mind! I throw you to be more specific in a lava pit, were you can burn away in an eternal hell! With trap doors and poisened arrow heads!

I slowly breathed in and out, in an attempt to calm myself.

After I calmed myself down, I could clearly see everything what happened to me before my minds eye. The argument, the soap, the spell, the…shark, indecency and the drowning…

I then checked my health points. They were even lower than the last time I checked them.

Yeah, they definitely screwed me over. I started to seethe as I gritted my teeth. HOW DARE THEY!

I glared daggers at…at the door of…in which room was I anyway?

I slowly looked around and noticed, that I laid on a fluffy, soft canopy bed. A purple blanket was draped across my waist.

A bedroom.

An unsettling feeling overcame me. The last time I woke up in a strangers bed, it didn’t end well. And since it happened probably on the same day (can’t really say, how long I was out) my memory was still fresh of the horrors of the mad marshmallow.

But I tried to concentrate on my task at hand. I could see a dresser and a vanity on the right side. I slowly turned around to see the right side.

Yeah, I almost jumped out of the bed, as I got a glimpse of the mad marshmallow, sleeping on a stool, her upper half lying on the bed. So, pretty much the worried ‘watching the hospital bed’ schtick. This just made me sick to my stomach. As if she would care!

Ponies are such a bunch of hypocrites. She was the reason for my lament in the first place! I didn’t drown myself in that bathtub! Would be kind of hard to do anyway. If I was as suicidal as this could imply, I would definitely not use the bathtub. Is it even possible to drown yourself in a bathtub? I heard about one politician doing that, but there were also theories, about a conspiracy.

Whatever.

I just shrugged it off. It didn’t matter. Even though those two would have had a hard time to explain, if I would have drowned back then. On the other hand…the royal butts would confer a decoration on them. Medals for killing… Some people might say, that they were too cute and innocent for that, but I know better.

Reason enough for me to get out of here as fast as humanly - or in this case demonly - possible. Staying here was not an option. I thought, I could at least stay a night, if I’m not in the same room than the marshmallow, but her sister is not any better to be around. Firing a spell at me for her convenience… Not that I could have expected any better from a pony.

Time to get up.

I wrapped the blanket around my waist and slowly left the bed, to the opposite site of course, the one that the marshmallow was not lying on (yeah, I still cling to life). My bare feet made contact with the cold marble floor and I let a low growl escape my lips.

Damn these ponies, for taking my clothes!

I slowly neared the door, contemplating my next moves. I needed my clothes. The blanket won’t do and I wouldn’t want to give up my scarf to this pony abominations! After all, I never lost my clothes in all those years and I want to keep it that way. Especially since they are one of the few things left, from my home.

As I came closer to the door, I could hear faint voices, which indicated, that ponies were on the other side.

Well, so much for an easy escape.

“-be fine. He just needs some rest.” I could heard the unknown voice through the door.

“Are you sure? I can’t just let anything bad happen to him. After all, he is bound to Sweetie…” And that was definitely the voice of whitey.

Wait, I wanted to call her Rarity now. On the other hand, it doesn’t matter, since I’m gone as soon as I have the chance. Best thing was to look for an escape route.

I walked over to a window, but realized fast, that it was locked with a key.

Who the hell does LOCK their WINDOWS! Especially ponies. They are normally leaving their doors wide open! A real miracle, that there are almost no thefts here. Heck, there were ponies, who didn’t even know what thefts were! At least until I raided their towns and villages. I chuckled at this. Good times. I probably introduced them to the idea of locks in the first place.

But that doesn’t matter now. I needed an escape and there was only one option left. This option was listening by the door and waiting till the coast is clear, in the hope, that whitey doesn’t get the idea of entering the room with whoever she has in tow.

“-understand. I won’t tell anypony about him. But you should still let him get a check up at the hospital, because his ‘condition’ is really nothing I have seen before. If you hadn’t told me, I wouldn’t have assumed, that he was a pony even! It is hard to tell how this ‘defect’ influences his body.”

“I don’t think it is such a great deal to him. He seems…normal in a way. He even fought off a timberwolf!”

I heard a faint gasp, before the unknown female voice calmed down and continued.

“Even if that is true, his rather…unique condition could also leave him with a weak heart or anything else troublesome that could cause his…death.” I heard whitey gasp at this. “Be sure to come back to me with this. I can only advise you to do so.”

She sighed. “He probably won’t like to hear this.”

You bet I won’t! Seriously! As if I’m some handicapped demon! I’m better than you ponies! I can level whole towns, if I want to!

“It’s for the best. Just tell me once you have made up your mind and we can make an appointment.”

“Very well…Thanks for your help, darling”

“I’m just trying to help. But you should convince him quickly. I can’t underline the urgency of this case enough.” There was then a short pause. “I’m on my way then.”

“Sure. Take care of yourself.”

“You too.”

I could hear another sigh. “How can I explain this to him. He is probably upset about the bathing…scene.”

There was a short pause. “Pull yourself together, Rarity! You have to convince him, for Sweeties sake!”

I seethed at this. Normally I would have gulped (she was intending to go through the door I was standing after all), but the fact that she is openly saying out her true intentions right behind my back… HOW DARES SHE! Am I just some object to her!? A plaything, a TOY, for the marshmallow to pass her time!? She wants me not to break like a toy for the marshmallows sake!?

Actually I had not really a calm mind, to think rationally. It was clear for me, that I had to get out of here. So I did the only reasonable move I could do at this moment.

I slammed the door in whiteys face and made a run for it and it even worked! The slamming of the door left her puzzled and with a blooding nose on the floor. She was unable to process and act in time. No freaky magic grip for me today!

I hastily stepped on the stairs and readied my hasty descent, only to trip over a basket and tumble down with it. My health decreased further the more hits I took…

16

*Thump*

13

*Rumble*

10

*Smash*

6

*Thud*

1

I groaned in pain, as I finally reached the end of the stairs. This definitely brought down my health points a lot. Heck, a light push might be enough to let me slip into consciousness again.

I looked down at the basket and its spilled contents, silently cursing it, before I then recognized the content.

My clothes!

I took them and tried to stay hastily up, but failed miserably and landed on my rump again.

Thankfully this didn’t reduce my health any further. However, this made clear, that I most likely won’t escape. Not that this would stop me from trying.

I slowly dragged me on my foot with the support of the banister. Of course it could only support me so far, before I had to let it go. I could already see the door to my freedom. It was just at the other side of the room. I didn’t even look around. All my senses were focused on this single door.

I took a slow step and then another. I was pretty slow back then. A granny would give me a run for her money! Kind of depressing, but it was not my fault. It was all the ponies fault, just like always.

I then stumbled over a ball of wool. Or at least I thought it was a ball of wool. I could hear screeching and hissing. Of course my whole attention was directed at not falling over.

Fortunately I didn’t. But this didn’t mean, I was able to go on further. While I did not fall flat on my face, I fell on my knees, silently cursing to myself.

I felt exhausted and couldn’t move a single muscle anymore, as I breathed heavily.

I then saw a white cat strutting right in front of me with a grumpy face.

Grumpy cat, is that you?

All jokes aside this thing was readying her claws…

Oh, fuck my life.

I closed my eyes and waited for the inevitable impact…

Which never came.

I opened my eyes to see, that I was floating in the aura of a disgruntled looking Rarity. She had turned me around to face her. A handkerchief was pressed firmly against her muzzle.

“And what are we planning?”

“Uh…Saving my own life?”

She let out an annoyed snort at that. Her stare turned then even icier, as did her voice, which leaked a malicious tone.

“You were trying to ditch Sweetie, weren’t you?”

“So what if I was? It’s not like you could blame me, after almost killing me!”

I was obviously too pissed at this moment, to form a reasonable response. But can you blame me? Things aren’t exactly working in my favour. And this ponies only caring about their own business are certainly upsetting me.

Seems like this was upsetting her, since she pulled me closer to her. I was now merely a few inches away from her equine face, which would be enough to throw up from disgust, if I had anything to throw up that is.

“Listen closely, because I’m not going to go through this again. You are bonded to Sweetie and are not going to ditch that responsibility! What happened back there was an accident!”

“Oh! I understand! So it is completely okay, to kill others by accident!”

“YOU ARE NOT DEAD!”

“SO, THIS MAKES ATTEMPTED MURDER ANY BETTER!”

“IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! AND I LET YOU KNOW, THAT WE WERE BOTH WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!”

I let out a disdainful snort. This was just such a ridiculous lie. It took all my strength to not laugh at her face right there.

“I heard you.”

She blinked, obviously confused by my words.

“What?”

“You were talking to someone and made it quite clear, that you were worried about Sweetie, even though it was my life at risk here. Like I’m just a mean to make her happy. Like a toy, you toss at a five-year-old. The only problem is that you can’t replace me, once I’m broken. Am I right?”

She seemed quite appalled at this and needed a moment to even form a response. Of course this only strengthened my notion.

“I…do care for you…”

“Your loss. You just hesitated and that shows the insincerity of your words.”

Yeah, a demon talking about insincerity. I know. But seriously, I’m more sincere than them!

I’m better than them.

“I-I…this…” Her stare wandered downwards. She sighed and then took a deep breath to calm herself, before looking back at me with…sadness in her eyes? “Listen. I know what it looks like, but I don’t really know you, so I’m of course more worried about my dear sister. But that doesn’t mean, this can’t work out. You just need to give it a chance. To give me a chance.”

I eyed her warily. At least that statement wasn’t sounding as insincere as the last. Not that this would mean, that it was sincere though. In my experience, the ones that sound the most sincere, are the ones you have to look out the most. They can backstab you pretty easily, if you let your guard down.

“I think I will take the door. Seems like the safer option.”

“But what about Sweetie Belle?”

“What about her?”

“She really cares for you.”

I let out a chuckle. “Yeah, sure.”

Rarity scowled and got mad at my mocking.

“She saved you from drowning.”

“…Didn’t she push me in the first place?”

“SHE. REVIVED. YOU!”

I blanched a little at this and wasn’t entirely sure, if I wanted to hear the full story.

“Pray tell.” And in the end curiosity is going to get the best of me.

“She was the one who noticed your drowning and immediately took you out of the tube, and started CPR!”

I slowly touched my lips. A blush forming on my cheeks.

Why did I have to ask?

“You should have seen the desperate look on her face, as she tried her best to save you!”

I clenched my eyes shut. “I don’t even care!”

Rarity was about ready to explode. She seemed frustrated, if the incoherent, frantic rambling was anything to go by.

I just hoped, that she wouldn’t knock me out at this point, as she dragged me up the stairs.

“You are going to be her very special somepony! And you are going to like it, whether you like it or not!”

Yep, seems like logical thought was already lost at this point of the conversation.

She let out a heavy sigh as she stopped upstairs in the aisle. After a couple of calming breaths, she tried to pick up the conversation again.

“I don’t understand why you are even struggling, except for the incident in the bathroom. I mean, you agreed to this. You said, it was ‘fine’ with you. And frankly speaking, life here in this household is certainly a lot better, than living in some filthy, moldy forest. Wouldn’t you agree?”

I ‘hmphed’ in defiance. “I can take care of myself.”

“Oh, I don’t doubt it. But there has to be more in life, than living alone in a forest. I mean, Sweetie didn’t mention anypony that accompanied you. No family or friends. Don’t you think, this could be a chance for you as well? We could be your new family. We could care for you. Stand up for you, when you need it. Nopony can fend for themselves all the time.”

Great, now she is trying the ‘everyone needs a family’ schtick. As if I would give in just like that. It’s not going to be that easy.

“I refuse and there is no way in the WORLD that you can change my mind!”

I crossed my arms in victory. She couldn’t do anything against this.

*Grumble*

And slowly a smirk formed on Raritys face.

“What was that?”

“Nothing! I’m completely fine!”

*Grumble*

I clutched my hands on my painfully growling stomach, trying to suppress the telltale signs of weakness.

Rarity then proceeded to walk into the kitchen, letting me flow directly behind her.

“Oh, well then. I think I will just have LUNCH then, if you don’t need ANYTHING. I’m feeling generous today and think PANCAKES surely wouldn’t hurt.”

“…With maple sirup?” I asked half in trance, before fighting these emotions back and locking them deep within me. I need to show some strength and willpower.

“Oh, most definitely with maple sirup!” she said in a cheery tone.

She was slowly preparing the pancakes, right in front of my eyes.

I was holding out with all my strength. Sooner the hell freezes, before I give in to such a pony abomination!

I will never give in!


A change of perspective later

I was in the middle of cooking now. It was a welcome change, after the rather…heated discussion I shared with my sisters fiancé.

I finally found his weakness and couldn’t be any happier! He would give in, I could see it in his eyes! My back was turned to him, but that didn’t mean, I couldn’t watch him out of the corner of my eye. And he was already drooling! Stallions are so predictable sometimes. I really should have recognized it sooner!

I slowly readied one pancake after the other, bringing them down onto a plate and slowly levitating them to the table. I levitated Charming near the table, so that he could smell the heavenly scent, that filled the air, but he was still far enough away, so that he couldn’t actually grab them. This plan was simply divine! With a diabolical taint to it.

I guess some ponies are right, when they say, that I have a slight sadistic strand. I just can’t stop enjoying this situation! He is full at my mercy and I just love every second of it! Him trying to restrain his inner instincts, but failing miserably, crouching down directly at my feet and begging for the sweet salvation!

This send a chill down my spine. One of the divine ones.

I sighed in dreamy content, as I finished the pancakes and searched the cupboard for the maple sirup. I quickly found it and set it right next to the enormous mountain of pancakes, which was on one platter.

I quickly levitated another platter out and levitated about a third of the pancakes on it, making sure, I had his full attention with that move. I already saw the hope filling his eyes.

Time to crush it.

“I think Sweetie Belle, will enjoy the stack I laid aside for her on THIS platter.”

And with that his hopeful look crushed. I probably shouldn’t do this. It is simply unladylike, but…I just can’t help it! If he wants some of the lunch, he has to ask. I’m not going to give in to him. He has to give in to ME!


Back to the old perspective

I stared at her with as much hate as I could muster. How dare she to MOCK me! This was no longer a game, this was WAR! And I wouldn’t give in!

*Grumble*

OH, SHUT UP YOU!

This is not going to happen!

Never!

The smell of pancakes and maple sirup filled the room further.

Maybe not never… Argh! Focus!

Rarity slowly started to eat her pancakes, munching loudly and highly unladylike. Provoking me further and deliberately. Hate couldn’t even describe the feelings I had at the moment. I need to create a whole new word for this!

“This is quite the amount of pancakes. I would share them, if SOMEPONY would simply ask.”

I gritted my teeth, but my resolve and anger slowly crumbled and I found myself discussing the positive aspects of giving in, like healing my health points further. I couldn’t flee in this condition anyway.

“Fine…”

Her smirk turned into a toothy grin.

“What was that? I couldn’t quite get what you were saying.”

I grinded my teeth, before replying, “I want some…pancakes.”

A glimmer of mischief formed in Raritys eyes. This won’t end well…

“What do we say?”

One of the most dreaded words in existence! Of course it couldn’t rival etern- No, I’m not going to say it! But however, it was still a dreaded word. How could she even expect me saying it?

I turned my head in the other direction. The last bastion of defiance.

*Grumble*

And it’s already crumbling.

“Please…”

“What was that? Did you say anything?”

“Please.”

“You have to speak a little louder, darling.”

“PLEASE! I’M STARVING HERE!”

Such humiliation… I’m going to get her back for this! Definitely. Just you wait and see.

She smiled and FINALLY got a third platter for me, there she stashed another third of the pancakes.

I was levitated into a chair and released from her magical grip.

I immediately took the maple sirup and dumped a huge amount on the pancakes, before I dove straight in. I didn’t even bother to use silverware. I dug my hands straight into the pancakes and stuffed my face with them.

Rarity meanwhile scrunched her face up in disgust, not that I pay her any heed though. My concentration was full on filling my stomach and flooding the humiliation out of my body, with the simply tasty pancakes.

“I guess they didn’t exactly teach you any manners in the woods…”

A statement which I ignored, even though I thought, she would at least try to stop me. Glad I’m wrong with that.

*Yawn*

I slowly turned around as I heard this sound behind me in the doorframe. I could see the mad marshmallow standing in it.

Her weariness seemed to vanish at seeing me, as she brightened up like a pair of matches.

Pair of matches… Maybe I should burn this place down?

But this thought was interrupted, as she fell around my neck and hugged me like her life depended on it.

“Damn it! What are you doing!”

“I was so worried about you!”

“No, you were not.”

But my mumbling wasn’t heard. And I didn’t really care. I was wasting my time here and still had no plan how to gain my strength back and how to find my companion.

*Snap*

"That's a real keeper! Especially with those red cheeks!"

This snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned around and saw Rarity taking compromising photos of me. I suddenly started trashing against the hug and swearing with all my might.

And I could suddenly taste another bar of soap, but this of course doesn’t go well with a full stomach.

I puked.

What a harmonic family life. And yeah, that was full on sarcasm.

Great. I just had to puke out my newly gained health points again...

Author's Note:

So. Here it is. A none Creepie Belle story part. Probably none, because she didn't get much of an appearance in this one. But yeah, this can change quickly. The CMCs are going to get involved soon.

Also made a slight reference to a Doctor Whooves comic. Well, or more like I used part of a sentence/joke from it. If you don't already know the comic, let me tell you, It definitely is worth reading! :pinkiesmile: