• Published 2nd Jun 2015
  • 5,142 Views, 193 Comments

The great Laharl - The tale of a displaced Overlord - Hoppa_21



I am Laharl and I am stuck in a museum in Canterlot…as a statue. Fully conscious to endure the mockery of these pony abominations. But I’m not imprisoned anymore. I managed to break out and the two sisters will soon pay for their foolishness!

  • ...
35
 193
 5,142

New Faces, Old Faces, and an Old Home

The teacher…where do I even start?

Turns out she is not as unknown as I thought she was. I met her before. Especially with her hardly to overlook…assets.

“What are you doing, staring at her breasts like that?! What about Sweetie?!”

Of course Rarity was still there and had to misinterpret my painful staring.

“First off, I hate sexy bodies like that, second it’s not like I have anything to look at on your sister,” I complained as we were sitting down on a couch inside this teacher’s home. Said teacher being the mare from the first chapter. You know, the one that had her chest in my field of vision as I was a stone statue, practically torturing me? Yes, her.

Luckily I could tear my gaze away this time. I already felt weaker…

Hate List Number 3, and one of my only weaknesses: Sexy bodies.

Anyway, despite my inner turmoil Rarity simply coughed after she took a few breaths to calm down, trying to get over this situation, “Excuse him Cheerilee. He can be quite the ruffian. Especially the situation with Sweetie Belle is still a bit of a tense one.

The mare nodded, “I understand. Family can be complicated, and cousins while being not too closely related certainly can get in a conflict every now and then.”

‘Oh boy.’

“Wait. What are you talking about? He isn’t her cousin.”

Busty adopted a confused look. “He isn’t?”

“No! He is her fiancé!” She then eyed me warily. I didn’t like the attention. “Where did you meet him first?”

“Oh, uh, Sweetie Belle carried him on her back, back then in Canterlot after I…”

Suddenly the situation seemed to tense up considerably, and Rarity fixed the mare with an intense glare.

“I’m waiting.”

Her tone was cold and threatening. Enough so that I could feel a shudder run down my spine. I honestly wasn’t prepared for it, so you can’t really blame me!

“I might have lost sight of her for a teensy little second?” Busty said this quite unsure of herself, as she gestured with her two fingers a tiny amount, probably to emphasize her statement.

Not that it helped.

“I told you to look after her! You Pinkie Promised to watch her!” Rarity inched closer and closer to her.

“I did!” she protested.

“It sure doesn’t look like it!”

“It’s not my fault! The class is big, as is Canterlot! I really only lost sight of her for a minute!” She paused for a second. “Or two.”

Rarity send something that I could only describe as death glare in her direction. The meaning on everything what happened was completely lost on me. And I also couldn’t dwell on it as their argument continued.

“Well, now see what it has done to her! She is engaged now!”

So it is all about the k- No! Don’t think about it. Bad memories. This is probably one of the few memories which I would like to forget.

Busty sighed. “Listen, Rarity. We both knew this would happen sooner or later. You couldn’t always watch her every step, and neither could I.”

Rarity seems downtrodden at this, averting her gaze to the ground. “But I have to protect her.”

“I understand, but there are things you can’t protect her from. She now found a fiancé and you just can’t break it. You can only support her along the way.”

Cheerilee put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. They stayed like that for a while, at least until I couldn’t bear it anymore.

“Are you finally done? This is too sappy for my taste!”

Rarity’s mood seemed to harden as she glared at me, before breaking it and huffing.

“Well, we still have to talk about your integration in school tomorrow,” she mentioned, which made Cheerilee perk up.

“Right. That is why you were here. He can come to school tomorrow. I can give him some tests by then to see how he is schooled and what areas need special attention and work,” she offered giving me a friendly smile that made me purse my lips in clear displeasure. Not that the mare seemed to mind. She probably saw it as a normal reaction to school. I personally saw it as annoying that she would give me tests. This would complicate things.

Luckily the other boring stuff was talked about fast enough and we finally got out.

At least I thought that before Cheerilee pressed a flyer in my hand, “Before I forget this. Here.”

I simply raised my brow as I looked at the flyer, “Talent show?”

The mare nodded with a smile, “Yes. There'll be all sorts of awards. Best dramatic performance, best comedy act, best magic act...“ she said before obviously noting my missing horn.

Bet she would be surprised if I sent a fireball in her direction!

…Not that it would do that. At least not while I need to keep a low profile.

I sighed, waving her off, “Yeah, yeah. Though that is not really my sort of thing.”

“I am sure you will enjoy it if you just give it a try. Maybe you could even invite Sweetie Belle and her friends to create a group performance! I know how excited they would be, considering it is the perfect opportunity for them to find their special talents!”

‘Riiiiiiiiiiight…butt tattoo stuff.’

Rarity nodded in approval. “That is a splendid idea! Best we get going, so you can tell them about it!”

I groaned but did as she told. No need to dwell near Busty.

So with that we were off after some annoying goodbyes were shared and I was led towards the others.


Led towards the others turned out to be a farm. Well, they mentioned something like that, now that I thought about it. At least it was on the edge of town, so that I could cut the stares short.

Soon enough we were even meeting up with another mare, in her plain jeans and red plaid shirt and a hat.

“And this is Charming,” Rarity finished up her retelling of events as well as the introduction.

I yawned, bored. I did the demonly thing and did not even put a hand in front of my mouth while doing it! Ha! That shows what a great demon I am!

Rarity did seem a bit disgruntled as she crossed her arms under her chest, making me avoid her eyes. But also her breasts. Huh. Seems like I didn’t notice her sexy body yet. But then again it didn’t affect me all that much. Did I get used to it that fast? Not that it mattered as there was still an introduction going on.

In any case, this Applejack character like she was introduced by Rarity was raising an eyebrow at first at my outfit too, in case you wondered, but she soon enough got over it and her staring at least, as she slightly leaned down with a friendly smile.

“Hey there, little fella! Pleasure to make yer acquaintance!” she said offering her hand for a shake.

“I’m not little!” I growled, making her pull her hand back and raise a brow at Rarity.

“Going through puberty?” she guessed with an amused smile, making me growl even more, to which Rarity sighed dramatically.

“It seems so sadly. I hope you don’t mind staying near them. He can be quite the rascal. Not to mention…I don’t want to risk Sweetie doing something…unsavory.”

“You realize that I am standing right here, hearing everything you say. And what you just said is not really wanting me to meet up with them any more,” I voiced my complaints which Rarity waved off.

Applejack meanwhile nodded confidently, before spitting in her furry hand, offering it to a face-scrunching Rarity, “No need to worry! I promise to keep them safe!”

As prissy as she is she didn’t really want to take the handshake, making me grin as I stepped forward spitting into my own and shaking it with hers, making Rarity blanch and hold a hand to her mouth, much to my amusement.

“We haven’t shook hands, so I thought I might as well get it over with,” was my simple explanation, followed by a shrug.

Applejack grinned smugly at that, looking to her friend, “Ah like ‘im.”

“Ugh! Of course you do!” Rarity complained in a whining tone, before sighing, “Anyway, I will be off then. Make sure to bring them back for dinner.”

With those few last parting words she left thankfully. Stuck-up prissy soap mouth stuffing unicorn bitch is something I don’t need.

And if I ever said that out loud I probably would get a weeks worth of soap shoved down my throat.

Alone the thought is making me shudder.

A hand then touched my shoulder, “Are ya alright?” Applejack asked, to which I nodded.

“Sure. Let’s just get this over with. Where are they?”

“Just follow me. It’s not that far from ‘ere.”

With that the mare led the way deeper into the acres of apple trees.

A bit too much green scenery in my opinion. As a demon I like stuff like magma or dark rocks. Green stuff, that is more angel stuff. Not that I remember angels existing. But then again, maybe alicorns count as them? Would certainly explain why they are so judgmental and unjust. I always thought that angels in the Disgaea Games were the real demons.

‘Wait…games? What am I thinking about?’ I wondered before bumping into the orange mare before me.

“We are here!” she exclaimed, not minding that I walked into her. She seems more chill than Rarity. So that is an improvement.

Not that this means that I would trust her. Ponies are Number 1 on my Hatelist for a reason.

…Even if I have trouble remembering all of it.

I first noticed a tree house… Guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Foals do have those. Ugh…

But then again it could be a second base aside from Rarity’s home. A plan B for emergencies.

Applejack anyway led me up a ramp. I could smell the freshly dried paint on the walls as we made it up here. So it was renovated not all that long ago.

That was when I bumped into her again as she had stopped at a window. I moved around her and to the window too, hearing some familiar voices.

“They all say that you will get your mark
When the time is really right~” sang Marshmallow’s voice, followed by Bowgirl’s.

“And you know just what you're supposed to do~”

It was quite melodious which of course made me sick to my stomach because of its corniness. Though a loud and off-key note quickly seemed to change that.

“And your talent comes to light!”

Also yeah. That was Chicken. Applejack cringed visibly, but I couldn’t really blame her since this unexpected shrill tone made me cringe as well. Though cringing from this unexpected tone was far better than the corniness.

Applejack was shaking herself out of her stupor entering the treehouse with a smile, “Well, uh... I'll be, Cutie Mark Crusaders. You've done one fine job with this place. So, what's next?”

“Well, now that we have a real life clubhouse...” Bowgirl replied.
“...and a map of Ponyville...” followed by Chicken.
“...and a Cutie Mark Crusaders theme song...” Marshmallow.
“Theme song?” Applejack.
“We're gonna go out in the world and discover our talents,” Bowgirl.
“A new adventure!” Chicken.
“And earn our cutie marks,” Marshmallow.
“We'll leave no stone unturned!” Bowgirl.
“No mountain unclimbed!” Chicken.
“No meal uncooked!” Marshmallow.
“No sock unworn!” Bowgirl.

And finally Applejack again breaking this rapidfire conversation off with a loud note, “Well okay then! Sounds like you have a plan. I gotta, uh... Leave no apple unpicked!” she started before almost stumbling over me and remembering just why she was here, “Oh yeah. Rarity asked me to lead Charming here. Anyway, I will stay close if ya need anything,” the mare said, quickly leaving.

I turned my head to the three, with an especially happy looking Marshmallow…

Can I still turn back?

“Charming!” she cheered storming towards me, making me groan, but thankfully remembered not to touch me. Albeit she was short before hugging me. I guess she remembered the ‘No Touching’ rule. Something that made her ears fold on the top of her head.

I grimaced at that. Honestly I don’t know if I prefer her mopey, so I carefully patted her shoulder a few times, while avoiding eye contact. Though in my peripheral vision I could see her eyes sparkling and her tail wagging happily.

Ponies are weird.

I coughed, “Yeah. I’m here now for whatever.”

Marshmallow nodded at that, “Right! We sure are going to get our cutie marks together!”

I glanced to the other two, with slightly less enthusiastic looks at my presence, albeit Bowgirl seemed a bit more uncertain. Not that I minded as I tried to pick up what this was about. Though the term cutie mark certainly jogged my memory enough to deduce they would try some pointless activities for some boring talent.

“So…what are your plans?” I wondered out loud and Marshmallow was all too happy with explaining it to me.

“First we are feeding the pigs!”

I actually had to raise a brow at that, “While being filthy certainly would be an amusing thing to be to annoy your sister, I don’t think I am quite ready for another bath yet. Besides, Overlord’s don’t feed pigs! That is some stupid and pointless hillbilly thing!” I complained.

Bowgirl didn’t seem all too happy with that, “Yer not an Overlord anymore,” she grumbled, but I ignored her in favor to hear their other plans.

“What else?” I practically demanded crossing my arms.

“We are going to make bubblegum, hairdressers, psychics, mountain climbing on that small hill, marine biologist and lastly if all fails trying to be librarians!” Marshmallow explained proudly showing me a rudimentary map and showing me that artist is certainly not a talent they should go for.

“Yeah, no. Count me out for all of these,” I complained, making clear this wouldn’t work out for me.

Bowgirl took that moment to voice her own suggestion.

“Well, maybe we should set a new disguise to our list of activities, like dressmaking. Or at least a plan for emergencies in school now that Ah’m thinking about it. Ah mean, sure. Stuff with yer look worked out until now, but who says it will stay that way? Especially with Diamond Tiara!” she warned.

“I don’t think this disguise won’t work. While these are not my first choice, as they don’t seem to give off an intimidating look, they will do for the purpose of living here for this moment.”

“And we are sure it won’t. At least not permanently. Cheerilee is not dumb.”

“I have to agree with Apple Bloom here,” Chicken said as she scrunched up her face.

It was then that Marshmallow poked her fingers together, “Well… This was honestly the reason I didn’t want you to go to school,” she said, not meeting my eyes before her gaze turned to me all of a sudden as it hardened in determination, “But if you really want to spend the entire day with me… I will do my best to fulfill your wish and protect you from anypony that dares come too close to you!” Marshmallow Terror replied with a vow making me recoil a bit.

“Yeah… That is totally not why I want to go to school.”

Though she simply ignored me turning to her friends, “We just need to keep an eye on him and make sure no one touches him. That seems easy enough!” Marshmallow explained, to which Chicken scoffed.

“As if I want to stay by HIS side the whole day!” she complained.

Bowgirl was about to say something as well but I quickly covered her mouth in a rude demonly manner.

“Listen up vassals! I say this only once again! You are all wrong! This disguise is enough! Not that I expected anything other from you ponies,” I declared with annoyance, pulling my hand away from her mouth and wiping it on her clothes for obvious reasons before crossing my arms over my strangely clothed chest.

Go for over 1000 years with your chest bared and having it covered feels strange in case you wonder. Though a clothed chest might be a good thing considering in which house I am living currently…

Oh, and Bowgirl and Chicken also glared at me now. Though I didn’t mind their glares. It was an obvious response to an obvious truth.

“Um, girls…and Charming?” Marshmallow asked cautiously, but was ignored by us all.

Revenge!

“And why do you think, our classmates won’t press?” Chicken retorted.

“Oh, they will, without a doubt!” came my smug answer, which only seemed to anger the two abominations.

“But then you’re wrong!”

“I’m not. They might press, but ponies are as dumb as the night is dark. They can be easily distracted and deceived.”

The glares from the two intensified at this and I recognized, that they probably won’t believe me without a proper demonstration. Not that I would, mind you. I had to be careful. Would be pretty DUMB to do something now. And I’m not a PONY. Besides, there was not much ponies around for a demonstration anyway.

“Ponies aren’t dumb! And you can’t prove the opposite!”

I sighed. These ponies were so easy to read sometimes.

“I don’t need to prove anything. That’s just the way it is.”

“Pfft. If you can’t prove it, then it is not true.”

“You are a pony. I don’t need to prove anything to PONIES!”

“How about we continue to discuss our plans!” proposed the marshmallow in an attempt to soothe our minds. Not that any of us would listen to her.

“No, Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo is right! And we won’t stand for it! Listen ‘ere demon. Ya are only sayin’ this because ya don’t like ponies! So ya can’t really expect anypony ta believe ya!”

“I’m just going to ignore you, since I’m not a fool who will get himself into trouble over the opinion of some dumb kids.”

“Fine with me.”

“So sto- What?” I blinked confusedly at them, before I eyed them with suspicion. “Huh. I somehow expected more resistance.”

“No need for that. We both understand that you are to chicken to prove it.”

I snorted, since this response came from the chicken itself. “I’m not acting big. I know that I am and that suffices me.”

“Big?” She snorted likewise. She really is a copycat. “It’s not like you could act big with your height,” Chicken retorts with a cheeky grin, that adorned her face.

The ends of my scarf clenched into a fist, as I tried to suppress the urge to rearrange her facial bones.

I barely managed it, but that probably doesn’t mean much, if you consider how bad my anger management is. The only thing that really restrained me was my still rather low level. I also knew, that I would most probably be done, if I get discovered now throwing fireballs around or doing anything other equally dangerous just to somehow prove a point that was so clear.

*Fistbump*

And now Bowgirl seemed to encourage Chicken with a…fistbump.

Fistbump…

I suddenly clutched my head again, as I felt another headache incoming and the picture of a green colt found itself inside my mind’s eye.

”I’m not doing it,” I deadpanned.

“Please!” Begged a small green colt. “There is nothing embarrassing about a fistbump!”

I snorted. “Do I look like the kind to endulge in such undemonly things?”

“Though who exactly made rules for fistbumps beind undemonly? For all you know they could be the most demonly thing possible!”

I just groaned at that. How annoying could this colt get?

“Come on!” he whined, “We are friends, right?”

I suddenly shook my head. This again. These memories. They are annoying and only cause a headache.

And friends? Who needs friends anyways? There are only allies and enemies in this world. Nothing more. Ugh… Better concentrate on steering these dumb ponies to Overlord worthy activities.

…Which would also prove how dumb they are! I am genius!

“Anyway, stop straying from the topic. The way I see it there are two things we can do. Either we do these embarrassing things, or we can actually do something useful and find out where my castle is!”

Right. That would be useful. Just to see if there are any useful things still left there. Not to mention it would probably help to jog my memory a bit, seeing as this was my home here in Equestria. A place I once could call home after I conquered this dump. I would also be glad if I just find a weapon that is better than a kitchen knife. It would really help in leveling up. Currently I managed to get to level 5. But that was hardly satisfying.

“Castle?” Bowgirl inquired, while Marshmallow’s eyes sparkled.

“Of course!” she exclaimed, “Prince Charming has a castle! Just for the two of us…and maybe you vassals,” Marshmallow couldn’t help but mention with a sly grin.

I couldn’t help but snort in amusement. I will admit…that one wasn’t bad. Maybe I am having an influence on her?

Certainly wouldn’t mind that. Her normal attitude is barely bearable.

Chicken instantly started to bicker with Marshmallow, while Bowgirl pouted, but soon enough pondered.

“WE ARE NOT VASSALS!” Chicken meanwhile droned on as Bowgirl turned to me inquisitive.

“So, what’s this castle look like? Or where did ya last see it?”

“If I knew where it was I wouldn’t say that we had to search for it. And it was of marvelous black obsidian.”

Bowgirl scrunched up her face, before facepalming for some reason, “I meant what landmarks yer remember!”

Oh…

Oh well, she should have been more specific.

Anyway I pressed my chest out in pride, crossing my arms and smirking in satisfaction. Not that the smirk might be seen all too well with my scarf bandaged head.

“My marvelous and truly demonly castle was built on, and don’t try to hide your amazement, the side of a mountain!” I exclaimed, before adding, “I even had a high path leading down from the gate! It was supported by pillars that had some archway look to them! It was truly a place fit for the OVERLORD MUAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAA!” I laughed haughtily, just waiting for this dumb ponies amazement, but strangely enough she only seemed befuddled.

I was about to ask, but a derisive snort from Chicken drew my attention to her. She had her arms crossed and frowned at me, “Please. You are just a liar. Or did you really think we would fall for you claiming the city of Canterlot as your castle?”

This made my brow furrow, “Canterlot?” I wondered, not really getting it, though…wasn’t that this town I was shipped off too in a crate and landed in a museum?

Bowgirl however seemed more observant, seeming inquisitive in her befuddlement, “Canterlot. The capital of Equestria. Hanging on the side of a mountain?”

She then pointed out of the window, and as I walked towards it…this made my eyes bulge.

“WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY GLORIOUS CASTLE?!” I raged on as confusion was replaced by indignation as I just found out what blasphemy was done to my place! Couldn’t they have simply let it become a ruin for me to build up again?! Not to mention that this mountain idea was genius! And they stole it! These fucking cake-stuffing…

Bowgirl and Chicken kept their distance at my ranting, only Marshmallow came closer, fidgeting a bit nervously, “Um…it’s okay?”

I turned around, glaring at her, “It is not! They just-! Ugh! I’m going to show them! I will take Equestria back, just as my castle! Who ever did get the idea to paint it white anyway?! This just looks corny and stupid as hell!” I growled in lamentation.

“But at least you now know where your castle is…right?” she started up again, making me groan.

“…I guess. But still! It just makes things worse for me! If it is populated, actually walking around there is dangerous. Especially so if the Royal Butts have decided to live there, just so they could mock me!”

“Geeze. Who cares about your stupid castle?” Chicken complained, “Let’s just start with our activities, seeing as the castle search is over already.”

I glared at her, “You know, I could transform you into a chicken. I gathered more than enough Mana for that,” I growled flexing my fingers as Marshmallow stepped in front of me, while Bowgirl did the same to Chicken.

“What did you call me, Shorty?!”

That made me storm towards her…at least I tried as Marshmallow held me back, Bowgirl did the same for Chicken, albeit she had more of a struggle than Marshmallow had with me.

“Let me go!” I complained, but Marshmallow held on strongly, while Chicken was trying to reach me with her fists.

“At least one thing we can agree on!” she growled back, taking some more wild swings in my general direction.

*Magical Sound*

“Just calm down darling!” Marshmallow tried to comfort me.

*Magical Sound*

*Magical Sound*

“As if!”

*Magical Sound*

“Dammit Apple Bloom!”

*Magical Sound*

It was at that moment that Bowgirl’s ears perked up and around, “Did ya guys here this here sound?” she wondered, making me snort.

“What soun-“

*Magical Sound*

“-d?” I asked before halting.

*Flapping Wings*

Interestingly enough a sound then changed. I heard this magical sound…somewhere. Not that I can’t remember, but flapping wings were easy enough to identify.

Marshmallow and Bowgirl let us go at this moment, as well all looked to the window nearest to the sound. Bowgirl hereby stepping directly in front of it, trying to see what this sound makes.

*Thud*

Suddenly a winged form flew against the glass pane of the window creating said dull sound. The jumpscare moment made Bowgirl fall flat on her butt, before she scrambled away. Marshmallow meanwhile got behind me, clamoring onto my arm. Normally I would have voiced my displeasure, but my attention was held by what was just before my eyes… Another winged creature quickly joined the first. Their dull eyes locking directly onto us.

‘These are…’

“Demons!” Chicken hissed in clear disdain.

And she was right. This here was a Winged. Not one of the strongest demons, but they could still be rather annoying because they could give you status ailments. But those weren’t the only. As I looked out of the other window I could see some Treants walking around and about.

Seems like I get to level up today.

Author's Note:

Well, seems like we are making progress here!

Also one scene here is part of a deleted scene from the Fluttershy Sleepover part. The discussion about dumb ponies was at first meant to be hold while Fluttershy led them towards her cottage. Even with Laharl here throwing a Fireball at the Flower Ponies flowers to somehow in a strange manner prove his point.

Comments ( 17 )

He really needs to get stronger. I didn'T expected to get a new chapter here today, but as much as I accepted this. (yep I remembered I was alright with what you did in one of the earlier chapters, again I feel like he should at least get on their level at some point.

Today after not seeing a new chapter for a while, I only feel like having him as an equal to the Crussaiders or him being able to defend himself against others at some point. It is maybe not my favourite kind of humor to have the others making fun of the main char. I guess to me it's kind of to similar to other stories in which they kind of do the same to the main char only without the goal to be funny.

Well nice chapter, I had read it a bit faster but there were a few scenes I liked. I also liked that Sweetiebelle is really trying to impress him now instead going against his free will.
I guess now I only wish that something similar happens with Rarity at some point when that Joke is maybe starting to get old. I have nothing against that shipping but I would like her to understand what he is trying to say all the time and accepting that he would not do it because of their weird tradition, befor he really agrees to take Sweetiebelle as his Marefriend.

Oh I forgot to say that I hope he get's to beat Celestia and Luna at some point, no matter if he is good or bad in the end, just to take the castle back that seems to be his.

Awesome chapter. Man Celestia and Luna really added insult to injury after Laharls defat huh. I'm actually hoping he will get his full power back soon, so we can see him get some payback.

The magical sound....sounds like a magical sound....couldn't come up with something instead of that? Such as 'A low droning noise' or 'high pitch whine' or what not? Well...okay then. Carry on.

8608597

Leveling up is something he will do. The demons here will help with that. It is a necessary process to explain the world too. So give it some time.

Well, it is less making fun of him and more a brewing conflict that is still ongoing. Though conflicts will get resolved.

Of course Rarity will get a chapter with him too. But first things have to get worse before they get better.

Taking the castle back might be a hard thing to do though, considering it has an entire town added now. Not that this means he won't have a castle for himself sometime in the future... :trollestia:

8608775

Luna and Celestia are high level, so confronting them directly is going to be really hard from where he is now. But don't worry, I will try to keep it interesting with characters from his past, new enemies and the like. :pinkiesmile:

8609578

It just didn't seem to hold that much weight. That is why I used this placeholder, though I honestly am thinking on looking for the Disgaea sound effect of that, to enhance it. :pinkiesmile:

8610099
Now while I understand not getting too bogged down in details as fluff can be boring to read. Little place holder things like what you did, can be quite jarring to a person's reading experience. It messes with the flow of a story to have something like that in it. Little things like that aren't going to be the death of a story obviously. BUT it does enhance stories and make them just read better.

At least that is how I see it, but you do what you want in the end. You are the one taking the time to type this and come up with stuff, I'm not going to try to control that. I'll stick to just giving some advice and my opinions is all. Carry on good author.

how is trixie not part of the story?

Why is it every time I read a displaced stoned story that counts on the level system, they always wake up at an extremely low level? Seriously, discord didn't lose any of his powers, so why should they? losing some of his powers to the point where he need to recuperate, okay. Making him weaker than a little filly, not okay. That doesn't amuse me, it just annoys me and pisses me off to see that.

8654424

If Author's use lower levels it is so that they can build up on that. It is easier to write a story with a character that can grow strong, that with a character that already is strong.

As for his low level. He is growing stronger. He just started at the bottom. And by the way, Sweetie Belle has just a strangely high level, so losing to her is nothing to be ashamed off. Also, there is a reason for Sweetie jumping up to that level and the Displaced losing his levels.

8654470
What reasons would those be?

8654513

Those are explained a lot later in the story and would be a huge spoiler. So I can't give them.

8656826
I just don't understand. Why do some authors seem to love beating on their main characters like this? Is there something I'm just not getting that makes it suddenly funny? Because to me it's not funny at all. It's annoying, it's frustrating, and it's hard to watch and /or read about

8657149

We all have our weaknesses. I find school settings hard to watch there one character embarrasses himself or gets embarrassed. If I can, I even pause the video, watching it days or even weeks later.

Also, things get better right now. He is slowly settling in. Of course Rarity still will try to keep an eye on his pottymouth. That is just her character. But both of them will reconcile over something they have in common. :pinkiesmile:

8657316
Yeah, I didn't read that far. I couldn't make it past the sweetie belle nightmare sequence. Every time I've tried, I just get so frustrated that I can't read any further

8657316
Also, in case you didn't realize it, you're doing to your character exactly what you just said you don't like to see.

8685739

Not really. Not from my vantage point. It isn't some huge public embarrassment involved here that makes me cringe. Sure, the bath scene might be embarrassing somewhat but isn't even close to a public humiliation. It is just a small thing the character in the end won't care so much about than a public thing would.

And now Bowgirl seemed to encourage Chicken with a…fistbump.

That reminds me of mare do well where aj winked. That pissed me off so much

I feel like I'm never going to find a fic where Celestia gets put in place

Login or register to comment