• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 468 Views, 7 Comments

Knight of Bone - nihilis3



Bone Knight hunting a necromancer arrives in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 7
 468

The Might of Magic

Jeric stood in a clearing just outside Ponyville. The three princesses and Sonica stood around him. They had ushered him out of the restaurant to avoid panic. They the princesses looked at him warily. Jeric however didn't see the problem. 'It was just some conjuration nothing dangerous.' He thought looking at the princesses.

"How did you do it?" Princess Celestia asked stepping closer. "How did you create something from nothing?" She asked seeing the confusion in his eyes.

"You mean you can raise the sun but can't do simple conjuration." Jeric said thinking of how incredibly ridiculous it sounded. "Its really easy I can teach it to you guys its not that hard." He said wrapping his hand in magic and weaving it together to create a shining silver sword with a gem encrusted crossguard. He gave the sword a swing back and forth. "See its just mana manipulation its as simple as forming it into the right components. Though if I was better I could create even more abstact creations and summon creatures of flesh from other dimensions." He said watching the princesses. Twilight's mouth was agape. "Well I have one more trick though I primarily use it against large opponents." He said with a smile.

"I would love to see it sometime but first we must gauge just how powerful you are." Twilight said as she set up a small machine. "This is a magic reader it will tell me how much power you put out." Twilight said stretching out some wires. "Princess Celestia said that she will go first." She said hooking the princess up to her machine. Overall it reminded Jeric of some odd gnomish device. Twilight flipped the machine on. "Ok princess put as much power as you can." She said with confidence. Celestia's horn lit up as she pumped as much magic as she could. "There we go 8, 999 points." Twilight said pulling off the wires. "Your turn Jeric but I think you'll have trouble beating that score." She said as he walked up to her machine. "I mean even currently I'm only at 8,000." She continued on hooking him up to the machine. She placed one of the wires on his hand. "Ok just like the princess pump out some magic." She said way to enthusiastic.

Jeric reached deep into himself and pulled the mana to his hand. Twilight was reading the output and a look of confusion crossed her face. Jeric focused on his magic and drawing it out he was oblivious to his suroundings and didn't notice when his power began to affect everything. Sonica looked up at the clouds as they began to swirl and darken.

"Princess this can't be right he's... he's over 9,000 and climbing." Twilight shouted over the winds as they continued to gain speed. Her machine let out sparks and sizzled unable to keep up with the rapid growth in power. Jeric feeling that he had shown off enough but not going to let mana just explode anywhere focused just a little more turning the magic into a daylight spell and unleashed it into the air. The massive orb of pure sunlight rocketed up into the air bathing Equestria in sunlight once more.

"Wait you created a new sun!?!" Twilight exclaimed in confusion.

"Its called a daylight spell it'll dissipate after a while... I think." Jeric said looking at the massive orb of sunlight still going up. 'That is a big spell.' He thought watching the orb as it lit everything up.

"Hey your messing up my night." Luna joked to nervous to do much else.

"20, 000." Twilight whispered her brain trying to compute what sh had just seen.

"Wait what?" Sonica exclaimed looking at her man. ' That actually seems,' looks at jeric,' right he's awsome.' She thought proud of her stallion.

"How is this possible he's stronger then Celestia?" Twilight asked herself looking from her notes to Jeric. "How did get so strong?" She asked no one inparticular. Twilight began to approach jeric her curiosity overriding her caution. "Everything about you is unprecedented. Please, Jeric I need to study you." She said holding up a hoof to touch him.

"Hey princess or not you touch him you face me." Sonica said darkly. It was begining to annoy her. 'They don't need to treat him like a monster.' She thought getting closer to Jeric. Luna and Celestia walked a little bit off and began to whisper. "So ah, some first date eh." Sonica stated looking a little down. Jeric smiled at her her and with a wave of his hand made the sun burst into a brilliant flare of falling sparkling light.

"Hey at least it ended with a bang." He said kneeling to look Sonica in the eyes.

Servoth walked the dark empty halls of his castle. As he walked the stone corridor he looked out at serene sky. It was as he watched the clouds drift by that he realized one bizarre truth. 'I'm lonely.' He thought sadly, 'I need a companion. Someone to help with my work maybe even give me some fine company.' His lonely mind changed as he began head to his throne room.

"Yes," he said gazing around the empty room. "This place needs a woman's touch. Herroc!" He called sizing up the room again. Herroc floated into the room from a side chamber and silently waited for his master to speak. "Herroc I need you to fetch something for me."

"What do you wish to have master?" Herroc asked his unstable master.

"I want a woman, nay a dark queen to teach my art to but also be my bride." Servoth said turning to face the wraith. The crazed look in his eyes he had when he was on the verge of creating a new abomination. "Also see if you can find out anything about what happened to our army." He said waving his hand dismissively. Herroc bowed and exited the chamber.

"Well Sister what's the verdict." Luna said looking over to her sister who sat across from her in their carriage. Celestia shook her head confused.

"I don't know sister he's so powerful we can't just leave him be." Celestia said leaning back in her seat. "Yet all he wants to do is help why can this never be easy." She sighed rubbing her temple with a hoof.

"Don't worry sis it seems that Sonica's feelings are bearing fruit he didn't outright reject her." Luna said trying to give her sister hope.

"Yes but that might not be enough." Celestia said solemly. "We need to fully solidify his allegiance to us something that will make him feel obligated to choose both Equestria and Sonica." Celestia turned to look out the window when it hit her. "We could give him a title and kingdom. Also marriage to Sonica could cement the deal make it so he wouldn't turn against us." Celestia said with a faint smile.

"Sister we can't just marry the two of them its wrong." Luna said in despair.

"Sure I can after all I'm going to adopt him first." Her grin broadened. "After all the poor dear has been without a family for too long. I figure why not us and with a lovely bride to be to boot."

"Because dear sister he may not want to. Besides for him his duties take precedence over all." Luna said shaking her head she knew Jeric well having seen his dreams and memories.

"Would you rather him fancy yourself dear sister?" Celestia asked quirking a eyebrow at Luna.

"Sister, while it is true that I wish to find a stallion like him someday I would never..." Luna stopped she couldn't say it. Something deep inside told her it was true. If she saw even the slightest chance she would take him in a heart beat. "I would like that." She admitted. "He could have me for the asking. You however have a consort I don't and he would be perfect Jeric is perfect." Luna said sadly. Celestia was surprised that any man could steel Luna's heart.

"I'm sorry sister I didn't notice where your heart was but what now." Celestia put a hoof around Luna.

"We will go with your plan." Luna said still wishing she had acted sooner. "We adopt him and then we work toward getting them married and if ever they separate I shall snatch up my prize." Luna said a dangerous gleam in her eyes.

Jeric woke the next day to rapid knocking at his door. He walked over to it yawning, the magic from the night before left him tired. He opended his door and a little purple alicorn walked in. She moved to the middle of his room in the rookery and plopped down her face was a mask of focused intent.

"Can I help you?" He asked concerned.

"Teach me." Twilight replied sternly.

"Teach you what?" Jeric asked wondering why she was acting so oddly.

"Every thing you know. Luna showed me what you did on the battlefield and what you face I will. Not sit by and let it happen." She said looking him in the eye. Jeric was impressed the little alicorn was showing guts.

"Alright then, first one of the most basics. Your magic is pointless." Jeric said drawing a look of shock. "What I mean is its pointless all you ponies do is draw magic from yourself for doing pointless things like levitating a quill. Magic is so much more then that. It can tear the ground asunder, summon mighty beasts, change the very foundations of reality. Once I teach you your world will never be the same." He said wathing Twilight's mouth drop. "Alright princess let first talk about what magic truly is and how amp things up." He said indicating that they should leave. "It could be dangerous to practice indoors besides I need to draw a magic circle." Walked from the room twilight in tow. The rookery was a building made out of clouds to look like a cavernous city. He walked to the center of th city where there was a large circular clearing. "Alright princess you are now my squire after all if you wish to learn from me you will learn like me!"