• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 466 Views, 7 Comments

Knight of Bone - nihilis3



Bone Knight hunting a necromancer arrives in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 7
 466

To Make a Boneknight

Twilight stood in the middle of a magic circle Jeric had drawn. 'I really don't see why its called a magic circle.' She thought looking at the runes he had made. Jeric was walking the edge double and triple checking his work. He had explained to Twilight that when a circle was used it had to be perfect or else things could go horribly wrong. He had even gone so far as to carve it into the ground to ensure no one could break it.

"Alright I'm going to envoke the spell." Jeric said closing his eyes. He gathered as much energy as he could into his hands as he chanted away in some ancient tongue. As he finished the chant Jeric slammed his hands onto the circle. The circle came to life every rune and line glowing and Twilight let out a light gasp as she was monetarily blinded by a flash of light.

"It's beautiful." She said when her eyes finally adjusted. Coarsing all around her were lines of coursing colors. Each line pulsating every now and then. Some she noted disappeared into thin air where others vanished when they hit the sides of the circle.

"That is pure magic and what I tap into every time I cast." Jeric said walking into the circle. Ash he did so Twilight noticed that many of the lines attached to a white glow in his hands. He noticed her look. "Ah I see you already noticed my hands. See the human body naturally emits the most magic from our hands. The brain however decides what magic we tap and how that magic is shaped while our fingures weave the spells to make it so." He said as he demonstrated by using his hands to weave the lines throuhh the air.

"Wow I've never heard of magic like this." Twilight said. She again looked at all the colors flowing around her. "So what are the colors?" She asked pawing at one.

"Well color more often thrn not indicates what realm the magic is being pulled from. It also helps us break it down into the schools and subschools wizards like to use." Jeric said wrapping some of the colors around his hand. "Ok Twilight what I want you to do is simple use your horn to grap one of white lines." He said going for an easy test.

Twilight had never learned how to use magic she had just always had. This made Jerics request hard for her to do. She first channeled hir magic into her horn. She had hoped that it would work like a magnet pulling the lines to her but instead nothing else happend. Jeric raised a eyebrow as he watched her struggling to grab a single strand of magic. Seeing his reaction made her feel like a novice again standing infront of Celestia for the first time.

"Ok you have plenty of power pumping now use ti to weave the threads." Jeric said letting go of all magic but his own which glowed in his hands. "Watch and try to repeat." He said letting the magic flow away from him and to a white strand once it they were touching he sent a pulse of enery through his msnna trail and merged it with the other magic bringing back to him. With a auick hand gesture and a word he created a small globe of light. "That simple, after all the word and hand gestures are just to help the brain for the mana." Twilight still struggled with grabbing the foreign magic. "Maybe you need to feel it first." He said walking over and releasing the magic he had grabbed instead he magically reached out once more this time grabbing Twilight's magic. Twilight shuddered a little at the oddly pleasant sensation. "Easy now, we are going to try to grab that white one again." He guided her magic away from her and towards the white line in the sky and with a quick thought had her magic adhered to it an moving back to her.

"It feels so strange using magic like this." Twilight said as she formed the ball of light which she then let fly off. She was made to do it again this time with out help. When she did she found it was quite easy and didn't drain her like magic used too. "How come I'm not tired like before?" She asked noting the phenomenon.

"Its simple you see before you were using the magic naturally produce by you body this time you used magic naturally occurring around you." He said smiling. He had her try it with several other colors letting her get use to the new powers she could touch. "Now little missy want to try seing if we can get a bat pony to try it." He said pointing to the crowd that had formed around them. Twilight ever the curious filly agreed to it.

Sonica who had been standing in the crowd heard his comment to Twilight and pushed forward untill she was with in the circle. She walked up to one of the lines and waited for Jeric to approach.

"So how do I do this." She said casually. Jeric how ever shrugged and repeated his first showing reaching out and grabbing the magic. Sonica watched and lifted her hoof she concentrated all her will power, and nothing happened. She sighed seeing it as just another way she and her love where to be seperated. Jeric however laughed.

"Well I didn't expect it to work at least not yet." Jeric said still smiling. "After all I couldn't do magic at first either." Jeric said to everyone's surprise. "Hey not all humans are mages. Heck world would be pretty boring if we were. I learned magic after I was a bone knight." He laughed patting his little pony on the head. With that he reached into his pocket. From it he produced a small skull that hung from a pendant and a bracer made of bone with a single onyx piece in its center.

"What are those for?" Sonica asked wanting to back up but not allowing her self to.

"Well Skully and I decided it was time to start training more knights. After all we can't be certain that we can stop him especially in our lifetime. So we decided you should be the first." Jeric said with a smile that nearly made Sonica want to faint. Jeric watched the stunned pony waiting for her reply. "Don't worry it doesn't mean you gotta have my kids or any thing." Jeric joked.

"Aw. Now don't go say'in that it was the part she was looking forward to." Some random bat pony called out causing the crowd to laugh.

Sonica was paralyzed the simple mention of kids had shut down her brain. The poor mare knew itvwas acjoke but wanted it not to be. Jeric was standing there waiting for a reply. She wanted to reply she nedded to reply.

"How many do you want?" She said it was the only thing she could think of.

Jeric stood there shocked as the crowd erupted in another bout of laughter. He had really not expected that answer. 'Please say she's asking how many knights I plan on making.' He thought nervously.

"Alright lad you best no be answering that ther question, but rest assured shed be more than happy to be a knight in your corp." A male midnight black bat pony said. Jeric nodded relieved that someone was answering.

"Ok well now that that's out of the way if you accept you can take these from me and I can begin your lessons." Jeric said handing the gear over to Sonica who still was recovering her senses. "Now slip on the arm band and I'll introduce you guys."

"Introduce me to who?" Sonica asked slipping on her new bracer.

"To your new construct." Jeric said as her skull necklace came to life. The skull which resembled a ravens head with fangs. "Lesson one is caring for your construct. See boneknight constructs are special in that they grow. This means the better care you take of your construct the more it can care for you. First and foremost you need to feed the little guy. Also Skully will have your hide if her first child dies."


"Wait what do you mean her child?" Sonica asked confused.

"Well you see she's the one that enchanted that piece of onyx on your leg and her bite that gives the little guy his fangs." Jeric said as he began leading her from the crowd. "You see she wanted you to have him since you and I are a couple." He was taking her through a back alley. "Now the biggest thing about him is he needs to grow which means you have to give him bones we'll steer clear of gryphins and ponies but the little guy needs to add mass to himself." Jeric finished brining her to a little cloud hollow. In it she saw bones lots of them. "Fluttershy's bear friend gives us his leftover bones so we keep a goodly supply." Jeric said picking up a large thy bone he held it near the raven skull. It bit down and drank the bone with its fangs. The little thingblet out a contented chirp when it was done. "Don't take off that bracer." He said pointing at the ivory bracer he had given her. "Its doing two things its binding that little guy to you and its rewiring your body to use magic. I will show you what to do when its not needed." He said pointedly. "Other than that unless we are on a job I'll be teaching you and any one else who wants to be a boneknight what we are and do. That is after the princesses mayic lesson." He laughed. "And now all we need do is recruit a few more if I can get five mre ponies we should be able to handle any thing the necro can throw at us."

"Herroc tell me did you find her?" Servoth said asvthe wraith entered his throne room. The shadow like wraith nodded and motioned to two skeletons that brought in a sqirming thrashing sack. They unceremoniously dumped out it contents.

Hera found herslf in a very bad position to be in. Something had kidnapped her from her roost. Her eagle like head and eyes roamed the cold stone room she was in and to the gryphins surprise she saw two pony skeletons and shadow all standing around.

"Please I don't have a lot of bits and I..." she trailed off as the air went cold and her blood froze. She lloked behind and spotted the human with hisvdark robes and hungry eyes.

"Don't worry my dear see I need you alive." He said with a pleasant demeanor.

"You do?" She asked scared.

"Why yes see you'll be my apprentice." Servoth purred revelling in her fear and slowly growing piece of mind.

"I will you mean you just wanna teach me." Hera said calming down a little.

"Yes you'll keep my secrets and bear my children." Servoth laughed as fear returned to the gryphin's eyes. With a wave of his hands he placed a collar aroubd her neck with a chain leading to his hand. "Herroc see that our new guest is comfortable, and find us a priest we have a wedding to plan.