• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 468 Views, 7 Comments

Knight of Bone - nihilis3



Bone Knight hunting a necromancer arrives in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 7
 468

Into the breach.

Jeric heard his breath coming in ragged gasps as he ran down the dark underground tunnels of his quarries lair. Again he was stopped by the dead . Two ghouls blocked his path. They looked to have once been bandits. If their rotted and tattered leather armor said anything about them. The rest of thier body features were indistinguishable as the ritualistic mutilation had done its work. 'No time to slow down.' Jeric thought gravely and continued his charge.

"Vex!" He called out with a wave of his gloved hand. He was immediately rewarded with both ghouls joints locking up, painfully if thier cries were any indicator. One quick arc of his unique longsword and he felt their bones shatter and taught flesh rip. He quickly rounded a corner and continued chasing his prey.

"Dammit how did they find me?!" Servoth screamed as he attempted to grab all he could from his lab. He looked around at all his unfinished experiments. One in particular he was especially looking forward to. He eyed the elfs body even now. "No now is not the time, Herroc!" He called pulling another vile of strange liquid from a book shelf beside him.

"Yes my master?" Herroc said drifting lazily into the room. He watched in mild amusement as the necromancer his black robe flying around hurriedly grab anything he could fit into his small bag. Herroc couldn't understand stand why his master chose necromancy. By all human standards Servoth was quite attractive being lean with blond hair and blue eyes. 'Master is master.' The wraith supposed. He let his shadowy cloak like form drift over to help his master pack.

Servoth felt more of his minions disappear and concluded the he was packed. He sighed taking one last look around his lab. Had he the time he would have raised all the bodies around him and sent them to slay the interlopers. But a hasty portal exit would have to do. With a mental command to Herroc he turned and began the trek to his portal room.

Jeric burst into what could only be the necromancers main lab. He could only guess what the dark wizard had been preparing for, but one thing was clear it required a army. Jeric looked around the lab and found cear indicators that he had just missed the necromancer. He looked around once more for exits. He found three but due to recent activities in each couldn't tell which. Luckily he had a familiar for that. With a quick tap to the sternum of his chest the skeleton construct that lay dormant on his armor came to life. He took a step forward out of it as the creature realigned itself its dragon like skull shifting from helmet to deadly fanged snout . Over all Skully as jeric had affectionately named her had the appearance of a lesser dragon mixed with a veloceraptor With her scyth like footclaws long prehensile bladed tail and clawed arms. She yawned and stretched after witch she fell over into he normal bent over walk that all raptors had almost bird like.

"Skully tell me which way the necro went." Jeric said hurriedly. Skully looked over to her master. His dark hair and violet eyes always kind. He's was currently bruised and tired his scale mail slightly dented. She used her mind to quickly scan his for pain and finding not aside from muscle fatigue decided to comply.

"Of course Jeric." She stated coolly both in his head and aloud. "By the way do you mind if I stay awake and help you fight you seem tired?" skully went to all fours as she closely inspected the ground. Her large bat like wings opend a little as she had another idea. "Hey how about we go flying after this?"she asked excited at the prospect.

Jeric smiled Skully was always thinking of ways to entertain her self and him. "Sure after this we can go flying but before that how about some nice mammoth tusk?" He asked noting that she had some cracks and nicks from the fighting. Boneknight constructs were special. They were almost alive they ate and bred infact that was how he had gotten Skully she was nothing more than a helmet when he first got her. His brief revelry was broken as she let out a predetory screech. 'He close but running'. She thought to Jeric. Skully opend once more and he stepped back inside her protective form she readhered to his armor making it look as though it was made with her attached. This time she stayed awake addig her tireless strength to he masters waning stamina.

Servoth was now in his portal room. He was panicking and that was not good. Fear had really gripped him when he heard the screech it had been so close and alian. He had been foolish made his move too soon and now was to pay the price. "Herroc prepare the portal." He commanded " throw in a delay spell." he added as he knelt to draw a small rune at the entrance to the room. He smiled at his little trap. Knowing that even if his pressuer got through he would come out later and badly wounded. Hower this also meant that his planar portal had no guidance and therefore he could land anywhere. Herroc had finished the preparation so Servoth began his spell. It took less than a minute and the portal was opened. 'Just in time he thought.' As he heard foot falls in the hall behind him. "Come Herroc our new home awaits." He said stepping throught the portal.

Jeric assisted by Skully spotted thier prey go through the portal.

"We aren't really gonna follow?" She said.

"Of course we are its our job." He replied.

"But there's probably a trap."

"Probly but that's standard."

"We don't know where it goes."Her voice worried.

"Knowing necros that's a good thing." He laughs

'Once more into the breach then!' She replied mentally. 'And may our feet find solid ground and warm bed!' He replied as they ran towards the portal. As they hit the threshhold of the room jerric noticed to late the rune of explosion on the floor. Getting the warning mentally from Jeric. Skully used her wings to propell forward. They hit the middle of the room and the rune ignited hitting thier backs and pushing them through the portal. The last thing Jeric remembered was the smell of his burning flesh and the searing pain in his back.

Author's Note:

! Hello and welcome to my fanfic. it my first time doing this hope you can't tell and I hope you enjoy the story. Now I know what you're thinking why no ponies. Well I felt that as a first chapter and written on my cell no less it might be good to keep it short. But don't worry ponies sho up next chapter and I'll describe that sword too. So leave a comment and adios for now.