• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,387 Views, 19 Comments

And SCREAMING And SCREAMING And SCREAMING And SCREAMING - eLLen



Sometimes you just need to scream. Fluttershy knows this.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,387

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Author's Note:

This chapter is an entirely separate story from the first and is not related. It's a short tale added on to reach the 1,000 word requirement for posting. Expect nothing special other than it being an add-on to the main story.

Twilight sipped at her coffee, humming a tune as she watched the day go by at her window.

She couldn’t help the smile that played at the corners of her lips. Today, she thought, Will be a good one. She had no doubt about it.

She grinned at the familiar “pop!” of the toaster signaling that her toast was ready. Lighting her horn, she magicked it under her spreading knife, butter already opened and primed for action. Within the minute, she was munching away without a care.

“I’ll just keep it small today,” Twilight thought aloud as she dropped off her plate and silverware into the sink. After taking a last gulp of her apple juice, she turned tail and left for the door as a list of errands ran through her head. First up…

She paused.

Oh, right. Rainbow.

A sigh escaped her breath as she went out the door. “I do hope she’s alright. I’m sure she just needs some time is all.” With a shrug, she headed toward the first of her errands—mailing that latter to the Canterlot Library. Her castle was a bit lacking in the book department at the moment.


“She said no,” Rainbow gasped, “She said no. Oh Celestia, she said no…”

Feeling the dampness of the bed pillow underneath her head, she rolled onto the next one. She didn’t care that it was just as damp.

“She said no… Why’s she have to say no?”

Her hoof slammed against the bed sheets as a choke crawled up her throat.

“You know why…”

She shook her head. “But it’s not… not…”

“Fair? Life’s not fair.”

Rainbow shook her head, trying to throw away her own thoughts. Despite the flaring protest in her body, she flung her creaking legs up onto all fours and stumbled her way to nowhere in particular, ending up against her dresser. She couldn’t say she was surprised at the sight that greeted her in the mirror. Hair ragged and tangled, eyes redder than her irises, wings ruddled and misaligned…

“Stupid…”

She snapped her head away. I don’t need this. She turned, but her anger whisked itself away in moments. Only the cold chill creeping up her spine once again remained. Rainbow hung her head as a new stream of saltiness began falling down her cheeks.

As she collapsed across the bed once again, her mind rang like a bell as it lead her through a rhythm of tormenting memories. Her plan, her action, her proposal… all wasted. Was Twilight even into mares?

Oh, who cares?! She already refused!

“…She said no,” Rainbow said. The love of her live had said no.


Twilight grinned at the setting sun, thinking of how her mentor must be working her magic at that very moment.

She couldn’t help the smile that played at the corners of her lips. Today, she thought, Was a good one. She had no doubt about it.

She grinned at the familiar sound of freshly bought books shifting around in her saddlebags. Lighting her horn, she magicked them open, her personal favorite already opened and primed for reading. Within a minute, she was lost in literature without a care.

“I’ll just stay up a little later tonight,” Twilight thought aloud as she dropped off her bags on her bedroom desk. After taking a last glance to check the remaining books, she turned tail and left for the bed as a mile of thoughts ran through her head. First up…

She paused.

Oh, right. Rainbow.

A sigh escaped her breath as she glanced away from the book. “…I do hope she’s alright… I’m sure she just needs some time is all...”

…Right?

With a shake of her head, she found where she’d left off on the page—halfway mark, three lines down, and second sentence.

Comments ( 13 )

Cute! Thanks for sharing!

:flutterrage:

:rainbowlaugh:

:moustache:

(shortest review in history of reviews)

... This was... I'm not certain what to say. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it underwent a huge shift in tone between each chapter. I was prepared for two unrelated plotlines, but not two completely different themes.

Both snippets were fairly interesting, but just too short to really draw me in. The second chapter in particular might make for an interesting one-shot of several thousand words.

6041128 I always use darn in this context even though it's illogical.

Much of it's been said before. I rather enjoyed the first part, but it was too short and, like you said, had nothing to do with the second part. Still liking though /) Keep at it

6040030

[youtube=nyBKoEou4KY]

But...so many questions! Need more! :raritydespair:

Poor rainbow...

6044049 Just wanted to. Isn't the first story with a blank canvass as cover art.

6048312 I wrote another story with a blank white cover.

6127708 Not quite as accidental as you might think. :yay: But thanks!

Yeah... I think should have just posted both stories separately and try to hot the minimum of a 1000 words.

Login or register to comment