• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,363 Views, 20 Comments

First Dates - SixShooterOutlaw



This is a collection of short stories about the first dates of some of Equestria's couples.

  • ...
8
 20
 1,363

First Dates: Bulk Biceps and Fluttershy

Bulk Biceps was taking a walk one rainy evening in Ponyville deep in thought, he was thinking about asking the mare he has a crush on out on a date but he doesn't know how to do it, a million thoughts ran through has head at once causing his mind to spin around nearly giving him a headache so he decided to sit down on a nearby bench to get his thoughts in order.

"How do I ask her?" he thought to himself "should I just be up front and ask her or maybe a little more subtle", he kept thinking and thinking until he saw Cheese Sandwich and Soarin walking by "Hey guys, can I ask you something?" he asked the ponies.


"Sure," said Soarin "What's up?".


"I want to ask a mare I like out on a date." Bulk explained.


"Alright then, who is it?" asked Cheese.


"Ummm...I'd rather not say..." he told them.


"Oh come on who is it?" Soarin asked.


"Fluttershy." Bulk answered.


"Wow," Cheese said, "That's cool!".


"So, how do you think I should ask her?" he asked.


"Well, you could do what I did and send her a note," Soarin told him "It worked for me and Rainbow".


"Or do what I did and just ask" Cheese suggested "It all depends on who you're asking, so I think I'd go with the note."


"Do you think she'll like that?" Bulk asked.


"I bet she will" Cheese assured him.


"You really think so?" Bulk asked sounding hopeful.


"I do." Cheese replied "Now to help you with asking her, I would suggest something along the lines of what Soarin did and send her a simple note.",


"I agree, Fluttershy would love to get something more like a note or even a letter," Soarin said to him "Just keep it short, sweet and to the point".


"Now more, importantly do you think she'll like me?" he asked them.


"Yes!" they both said in unison.


Bulk smiled at the two ponies and said "I better head home, thanks for the help!",


"You're welcome." said Soarin.


Bulk Biceps then headed for his house.






The next morning Bulk Biceps went to Twilight's castle and knocked on the door.


"Coming," he heard Twilight say "Good morning Bulk Biceps, what brings you here? ".


"I have a favor to ask." he told her.


"Alright, come on in," she said to him and he went inside,"What do you need?" she asked.


"Some help with writing a note.".


"Okaaay, why do you need my help with that?",


"It's a special note, I want to ask Fluttershy out on a date and thought a note would be a good way to do it."


"How wonderful!" Twilight said happily "It sounds like something straight out of a book, I would love to help you with that, Bulk."


"You really mean it?".



"Yes, I would love to be a part of getting a couple together!".



"Thank you, Twilight.".



"You're welcome Bulk, now what do you want it to say?".



"That's why I need your help, I thought since you were good at writing letters and love reading romance novels you could help me out".



Twilight blushed a little and said "Alright then, what is something that it could say that Fluttershy will find romantic?", she started to pace around the room a bit "This is rather tricky, it's gotta sound romantic but also like it came from you" she said pointing her hoof at Bulk Biceps.



"Hey!" Bulk Biceps said to her sounding offended "I can be romantic, I just don't have a way with words is all".



"Okay, so what is something romantic that is good for asking somepony on a date for the first time?" Twilight asked out loud "I got have a book about this sort of thing, let me go get it!" she said as she ran over to the desk she had been sitting at and got a book titled How to ask somepony on a date.



"Why do you have that book out anyway?" Bulk Biceps asked curiously.



"Ummm, reasons, just reasons," she told him sounding a bit flustered and turning bright red "Let's just worry about you and Fluttershy right now.".



"Oh come on Twilight, who are you interested in?",



"Nopony at all".



"You are interested in somepony or else you wouldn't be all flustered.".



"Fine, he's a stallion in Cadence's guard, he is really, really nice and such a gentlepony," Twilight said to him.



"Ah, well I hope you can find a way to ask him out, " Bulk told her "he sounds perfect for you."



"Thanks, Bulk," she replied "now, back to your note".



"Alright, does your book say anything about sending a letter or note?".



"Yeah, it says it can be worded anyway you want as long as it comes from the heart".



"Okay then," Bulk Biceps said tapping his finger against his chin "What should I say?" he started pacing back and forth thinking about what to write "I have an idea, how about 'Meet me in the park for a surprise?" he asked "I'm planning a picnic, but I don't want to ruin that.".



"Hmmm, you might want to be more specific about date and time too," Twilight suggested "so you're planning a picnic, that sounds perfect for Fluttershy, that's so thoughtful of you".


Bulk blushed a little and giggled,"Thanks, Twilight." he told her.


"When are you going to do this picnic date?".


"I was thinking later this week".


"Maybe you should do it earlier, like maybe the day after tomorrow?" Twilight said to him "That gives you all day tomorrow to figure out what you want to have for your picnic".



"Okay, thank you Twilight," Bulk Biceps told his friend "Maybe one of these days I'll help you with your crush," he said as he headed out the door



Bulk Biceps headed to Sugarcube Corner and saw Pinkie Pie making cookies in the kitchen, he headed in then Pinkie saw him and walked up to him.


"Hiya Bulk Biceps!" she said with a grin "what brings you here?".



"I need some advice," he told her.



"On what?",



"What is good food for a first date picnic?".



"Anything can be.."Pinkie paused for a moment then asked "who are you taking out on a date?".



"Fluttershy.".



"Fluttershy?" Pinkie asked.



"Yes, I like Fluttershy," Bulk Biceps told her "now what would be good for a picnic with her?".



"Okie Doki Bulky, I know she really likes cucumber and daisy sandwiches with potato chips, that should be what you eat," Pinkie told him "and you need something for dessert".



"I know she loves angel food cake with stawberries on top" Bulk Biceps said to her, "do you think you can help me with the food when I need it?".



"Sure thing," Pinkie Pie told him "I love helping friends out,especially if there's baking involved!".



"Thanks Pinkie".



"You're welcome Bulk Biceps, Fluttershy has been kinda depressed since me and Rainbow have gotten coltfriends,she really wants to have one herself but is afraid that nopony would like her becasue of how shy she is.".



"Really?" Bulk said sounding surprised "that is one of the many things I like about her.".



"Awww,she'll love that you like that!" Pinkie said smiling "when do you need this?".



"The day after tomorrow".



"Okie doki loki,see you then!".



"See you later,Pinkie Pie".



Bulk Biceps then left Sugarcube Corner to head home.



It was the morning of the day he was going Fluttershy out on a date and he was both excited and nervous, "what if she says no?" he thought,"what if she doesn't like me like that?",Bulk Biceps thought would not rest until he finally asked her, but he had some things to do first, he was heading to Sugarcube Corner to make the food for the picnic,he knocked on the door and Pinkie Pie answered it.



"Hi Bulk, you ready to make your picnic stuff?" Pinkie asked him.



"Yes Pinkie, I am." Bulk answered,then he went inside with Pinkie Pie and they headed to the kitchen,Pinkie got the ingredients out for the cake.



"Now, first we are going to make the cake since all you are making is sandwiches and they don't take long to make," Pinkie told him as she started putting flour and sugar in to the bowl,can you get my the eggs?".



"Sure thing." Bulk Biceps said to her as he gave her the egg carton,Pinkie Pie took the eggs she needed out and gave the carton back to Bulk which he put back in the fridge.



Once all the ingredients were in the bowl,Pinkie poured the batter in to a round cake pan and put it in the oven,"next we need to make the sandwiches," Pinkie said "let's get the stuff we need for those out," she headed towards the fridge,got out the daisies and cucumbers and set them on the counter, "wanna help cut the cucumbers, Bulk?".


"I'd be delighted." he said as he got out the slicer and cut the cucumbers into little circles.



"Those are perfect Bulk Biceps," she said to him "good job!".



"Thank you, Pinkie Pie.".



"Now I need to get the bread," Pinkie Pie said as she went over to one of the cabinets,got out a loaf of wheat bread and brought it to the counter,she then took the slices of cucumber and the daisies and put them on slices of bread,Discord cut the sandwiches in to half slices,just as the oven timer went off.



"The cake's done!" she then took the cake out of the oven and set it down,"now we need the strawberries and whipping cream," she got them out of the fridge, Bulk Biceps helped cut the strawberries and pour the whipping cream over the cake and it looked delicious,then Pinkie Pie got out a picnic basket and a blanket.



"We need some plates,cups and utensils." Pinkie Pie told him,then Bulk got them and set them in the basket.



"Oh no,I almost forgot!" Bulk Biceps suddenly exclaimed "what are we going to drink?".



"I gotcha covered Bulky" she said as she got a pitcher of lemonade out of the fridge.



"Thanks,Pinkie" he said sounding relieved.



"I made this fresh last night!.



"Well, I better head out, thank you so very much Pinkie Pie, if you ever need my help just tell me".



"Okie doki loki!" she said waving "Good luck!".



Bulk Biceps then headed to Fluttershy's cottage to give her the note.



Bulk Biceps was waiting in the park for Fluttershy to arrive,"I really hope she comes," Bulk said to himself, his concerns started melting away when he saw Fluttershy walking up the hill.



"Hello Bulk Biceps, why did you want me to meet you here?" she asked.



"Umm, I wanted to ask you a question.".



"Yes,what is it?".



"Will you be my special somepony?" he asked blushing.



"I would love to be your special somepony!" Fluttershy exclaimed happily.



"Really?".



"Really and truly.".



Bulk Biceps started smiling wide and he picked up Fluttershy, hugged her tight and said "I was worried you were going to say no.".



Fluttershy looked at him and said "I thought nopony would want to be my special somepony.".



"I don't know how anypony in his right mind wouldn't want you as a special somepony.".



Fluttershy started to tear up and she smiled and said "That's the sweetest thing anypony ever said to me".



"Now how about we have our picnic?".



"That sounds lovely," Fluttershy replied "what are we having?".



"Cucumber and Daisy sandwiches,lemonade and angel food cake with strawberries for dessert.".



"Those are some of my favorite foods!".



"I know" Bulk Biceps said as he got the food out of the basket,then the two then started eating.



"You know something Bulk?",



"No,what?",


"This is kind of like our first date.".



"Yeah it is." Bulk responded.



Then when the two finished eating and they started chatting ,they talked almost all day and before they knew it the sun was setting.



"I would love to stay longer but I have got to get home and take care of my animals." Fluttershy told him "but I had a great time today.".



"I had a great time too," Bulk Biceps said to her, "do you want me to take you home?".



"I would love you to." Fluttershy replied, the two ponies stood up and headed to Fluttershy's home.



Once they got to Fluttershy's cottage, the two stood outside her door.



"This that was the best picnic I have ever been on" Fluttershy said smiling.


"I agree".


"We'll have to do this again.".


"Yes we will.".


"Bulk Biceps?".


"Yeah?".


"Can you lean down a little?".


"Sure," he said, he did the Fluttershy touched her nose against his, making Bulk Biceps's cheeks turn bright red,


"Good night Bulk Biceps." she told him.


"Good night Fluttershy," he said as she went inside her house and closed the door,"I am so glad I got the courage up to ask her, now I have a special somepony!", he then he headed back home.

Comments ( 5 )

FlashLight is next!!!!!

Wait, Bulk Biceps? And Fluttershy?
...
RAGE QUIT!!!!!!!!

why can there be fluttercord

I’m not one to judge and I respect your opinion wholeheartedly... but who the hell thought it would be a good idea to ship bulk biceps and fluttershy together?!

Login or register to comment