• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 1,984 Views, 136 Comments

Equestria Girls Ghostbusters: Nightmare Rising! - Gundamdragon



Twilight and Sunset after colleague start up a canterlot branch of the Ghostbusters after a rash of paranormal event plague the town. (a Equestria Girls x Ghostbusters story)

  • ...
4
 136
 1,984

CH6: Midnight

Author's Note:

The last chapter me and Bryan Luna worked on. I will try to continue with out him but that will take longer.

"Twilight! Twilight!" Shouted Sunset as Twilight had fallen unconscious of the floor after their confrontation with the remaining ghost in the former mental hospital. Now she floated in an unending sea of darkness for the moment unaware of anything going on around her. Sunset's words had been full of panic and concern but Twilight smiled to herself anyway, she loved the sound of Sunset's voice. It was always so warm and full of kindness like Fluttershy's voice was.

As she floated there in this "in between" state she wondered what was happening, surely Adagio and Aria managed to trap the ghost and when she came to they would be ready to move on to the next phase of setting up their Canterlot Ghostbusters H.Q. Then she could retreat to her new lab and begin the work that wasn't glorious but necessary to figure what was going on and put the situation to rest. She smiles again at the though of supporting Sunset and the rest of her friends in this endeavor like she had done so often throughout the years since high school. So she drifted in the blackness and waited, she waited for that moment when she would awaken and be told the good news.

Unfortunately she was alone in her mind with the best and worst parts of herself...

She awoke in her old bedroom, tucked safely in to her bed. Sunset lay half on the bed in Twilight's study chair by the bed. Then a voice that punched through Twilight's soul spoke. "Oh how sweet sleeping by your bed side watching over you. Shame what I am going to do to her. Maybe it will even turn her back in to that yummy she demon she turned into remember that picture Dashi showed us. You dreamed about her having you at her mercy looking like that." Said Midnight Sparkle as she floated behind Twilight.

"You leave her out of this Midnight!" Twilight retorted sharply. "Those days are long over for her and for me too! So get out of here right now!" Twilight demanded forcefully.

"Oh no. I think not after all you invited me back. Or did you forget who's the one with the wings and can fly. You called to me for my power and I let you have it while you played hero and as you did I drank deep of that new energy. Then I heard her calling and I answered." She said as she drifted around with light motions of her wings. "Now soon I'll be free and you will be locked away inside me watching as I rule this world in her name with Sunset and all your friends as my play things." As she said this she landed by Sunset's side and stroked her face.

"Those weren't your wings!" Twilight replied "They were my wings and when I fully earn them you'll be gone forever Midnight just like what Sunset did. You have no chance of winning because I am stronger than you now and it's only a matter of time before I send you away forever."

"Hahahahahahahahahaha! Send me away forever? I am you as much as you are me. We don't exist with out the other. Yin and yang, heads and tails two sides of the same coin. The only difference is how's will is stronger." She then grabs Sunset with hands a glow Sunset screams as she wakes in pain. Her body shutters as she is transformed in to Sunset Saton. She stands to her full height and takes Midnight in her arms. "Just like she is still my beautiful Sunset forever." Said Midnight before she and the she demon Sunset kissed.

"You're wrong Midnight! you were a part of me, one that has stayed long after her time was over." Twilight began to be encompassed in a lavender aura. "You don't have nay real power over me anymore than that demon has any power over Sunset. Begone!" Twilight shouted as the light began to encompass both Midnight and the Demon Sunset driving them back. "We have a power greater than any you've ever had and we will be rid of you both." she said as the light drove both creatures back even farther.

Midnight screamed at first then started laughing. As the world around them shattered to a nightmarish landscape of a ruined house and town ghost everywhere. "What power? You been out for days. I've already won!" She walks forward "You lost in your sleep. The twilight has ended and midnight is here!"

"Oh pa-lease! That's quite enough of your game you wicked little minx." Came a male voice as a man in a white suit walked in accompanied by a blueish black winged unicorn with the night sky as it's mane and tail.

"Yes, tis enough of thy tricks shade, return to the depths from whence thy came or face my wrath!" The world around the two was faded to white and patches of white marked their path.

"Who, who are you?" questioned Twilight

"Oh right different form here." He holds up his arm and a chain tattoo glows on his wrist and then extends to Twilight's. "It's me Po, sorry but well you been unconscious for a while with signs of distress and as my contractor and landlord I was worried but that nasty bit of you had set up mental blocks to keep others out. It wasn't till Princess Luna came after Sunset asked the other you for help." He Explained

"Po! Man am I glad to see you." Twilight sighed "I've gotten stronger but I fear Midnight has gotten so as well. She pulled the demon right out of Sunset! I'm not sure what's going on here, but it worries me." Twilight then looked to the mare. "Princess Luna?" she questioned "Isn't she one of the alicorns Sunset told me about?"

"Yes, but your fears are unfounded, tis all a dream that she has been tormenting you as she tries to take control of thy body. I have shattered her control and she is no longer a threat." said Luna

"Fuck you too horse slut." Said Midnight as she zipped around the size of a toy.

Po snatched her from the air. "Mind your tongue you vicious little imp. While with you and Twilight as one has potential you alone are just a gluttony and greed at it's worst." He snaps his fingers of his free hand and traps Mini Midnight in a cage. "There that will hold her while you recover. Now I'm sure you have questions."

"Yeah I have some questions." Twilight said still looking at Princess Luna. "First off why are you talking like that? It's really awkward and makes you kind of hard to understand. And how did I transform like that back there? I mean I know I've got some really strong magic in me but that felt so much different than anything I've even done before."

"I understand magic in your world as much as you, the reason I can use mine freely is thanks to a charm Princess Twilight devised from an artifact called the Alicorn amulet. As to my speech I was banished for a thousand years in my world. So I use an older dialect when I forget it's not used any more outside the theater." Said Luna blushing.

"It's really quite charming your Highness and reminds me of the fun I had in England in the renaissance." Said Po as he sat next to Twilight on the bed.

Twilight giggled "It is kind of charming, and you're cute when you blush princess. Still I don't know what happened to me back there. Do you have any thoughts Po?"

"Based on what I've learned of their world's magic and my own you simply passed out from mana drain. You used too much too fast. Like running a marathon at top speed the whole way. You also probably drew in the PKE from the ghosts around you in a moment of emotional excitement. That's just my guess, and mind you I was last in my magical theory class back in school when I was younger." said Po

Twilight cocked her head. "Really? In all of the years I've been studying this phenomenon I'd never considered something like that." she sighed "Then again Sunset is a natural born magic user, as are the Dazzlings. The rest of the girls seem to have been more careful or are just way more experienced than I am. I just want to make sure everyone gets through this as safely as they can, and I don't want to become a threat to others again." Twilight glared at Midnight. "I want to help people and that's what I'll do, somehow."

"I understand. I too was once a.. Nightmare, tis why mine sister banished me to my own moon." Said Luna as she nuzzled Twilight. "I think it was a good idea Celestia had me make a book set like the one Twilight and Sunset share. This book will be on your desk in your room at the Ghostbusters Canterlot building. If you need a shoulder to cry on or a understanding ear feel free to write. I will also help as best I can in researching how magic works with all I know of my worlds. So don't hesitate to ask if Sunset doesn't know. Also when she's ready she can use our books to get a message to my sister."

Twilight leaned into the nuzzle and with some nervous hesitation hugged the Lunar Princess. She sniffled and began to cry for a few moments. Twilight's tears which had come unbidden were the result of fear, sadness and relief. Fear of what Midnight had already done, sadness for what she had put Sunset through for using a power she wasn't yet ready for, and likely wouldn't be for year to come. And relief, here was a being that understood just as Sunset did what it really meant to lose yourself in the worst ways possible. Twilight pulled back after a bit and looked at Luna. "I-I-I'm sorry princess. I just don't know what came over me." She stuttered as she hiccuped and wept.

"It is okay, my child, I too had times when I needed to cry in my sister's wings." She hugged her. "Now close your eyes and I will make your next dream a happy one." Said Luna as the world around them went white and Twilight started to feel tired.

"Sunset..." Twilight whispered as she drifted off to sleep. In her final moment of consciousness it occurred to her to apologize to Sonata later for her earlier actions. She hadn't meant to be so hurtful to her.

In the physical world a human form Luna opened her eyes as the glow of her amulet stopped. She wore royal crown and long dress that hugged her body. "It is done, you were right to seek aid. Her situation was most troubling." said Luna

Sunset looked a mess as she sat there. "Is she okay now?" asked Sunset

"Yes she will be fine, and in a few hours she will wake." answered Luna

And I will check in on her dreams from time to time." Said Po as he stretched in his human body. "Thanks again for finding a way for me to take human form Sunset." Sunset nodded and laid her head down her hands clasped around Twilight's right hand.

Hours later Twilight awoke and turned her head to see Sunset still sleeping. She gave a quiet giggle and reached out with her left hand to brush a stray lock of Sunset's hair out of her face. Twilight's heart fluttered for a moment as she realized just how much her friend meant to her. "You're so beautiful Sunset." She said softly. "Maybe one day..." She trailed off into her thoughts for a moment before her stomach started to growl very loudly in protest of her not having eaten recently.

Sunset woke to the sound of Twilight's Stomach. "And I thought Fluttershy's stomach made a ruckus." Mumbled Sunset as she sat up.

Twilight couldn't help but giggle as she sat up in her bed. "Hi sleepy head, I didn't mean to wake you. Although now that we're both up breakfast might be a good idea." Said Twilight as she retrieved her glasses from the nightstand next to her bed and out them on.

Sunset looked at the clock. "You mean lunch right? it's past noon. But I'm not surprised your hungry it's been two days." Said Sunset with a giggle. "I remember I was out a whole day as a foal when I over taxed my mana reserve. So you really must have gone overboard."

"Two days?" Twilight squeaked "Wow this magic stuff is really dangerous." Twilight gave some nervous laughter. "Yes lunch would be great Sunset."

"Ok so I'll let you get dressed. The lunch room is on the first floor also has a view of both of the courtyards. Oh and we are relocating the graves." Sunset replied

"Okay, and thanks for helping me Sunset. It really means a lot to me." Said Twilight as she went to change.

No problem." Said Sunset as she left.

The cafeteria was one of the first thing that got a make over after the tech stuff was finished. While not all of the ghosts had been cleared out. The few that remained either stayed quiet or tried to be helpful working as the servants of Po and volunteering to help as test subjects like Slimer dose in New York. Most of the renovating work has been done by Po's workers. But the layout of the Cafeteria was Sonata's design she was not just the only dazzling with a licence but she was a foody and the only one that could cook. So the kitchen and dining area was her turf and woe to any ghost caught in her kitchen without permission.

"Sonata?" Twilight said sounding surprised. "You can cook too?"

Sonata looks over her shoulder from behind the lunch counter "Well duh, I mean I'm over a thousand years old I have to have some hobbies and when you can eat anything you want and not get fat cooking is a good one." She said as she worked.

"She may not gain weight but not everything she eats agrees with her. Just don't walk behind her after she has had anything spicy or use the same bathroom. Even back in Equestria spicy food gave her out right poisons gas problem." Said Aria from a table.

"Just for that no seconds for you Ari." said Sonata

Sunset chuckled from where she, Adagio, and the human Princess Luna sat.

Twilight giggled for a moment and composed herself. "Anyway I wanted to apologize fro snapping at you a couple of days ago Sonata. While that was a stressful situation I shouldn't have done that and I am sorry."

"Aww it's okay. You were on the verge of becoming a she demon again from the amount of ambient energy in the battle. It's not your fault. Now you must be hungry. So you go have a seat and auntie Sonata will cook you a nice big meal." Said Sonata with a squee.

"Yes my child come sit with us. The youngest siren's culinary skills rival that of the royal cooks." Said Luna slightly shouting.

Twilight's eye widened at Sonata's comments and she laughed nervously. "Thank you for being so gracious Sonata, I really appreciate that." Twilight said as she sat down with Sunset and Princess Luna. "I keep misjudging her Sunset, there is a lot more going on with Sonata that I can grasp."

"I have taken a Pinkie Pie view of Sonata. Just don't question anything about her." said Sunset

"Yes those of chaotic souls should not be attempted to be understood." Said Po as he strutted in a zoot suit. "I think I gave that tailor friend of yours an aneurysm with my clothing order by her expression. I mean your new uniforms and my wardrobe she looked positively traumatized. Though the measurements where spot on thank you again for that Aria."

Someone has to keep us looking good in this world. And it's cheaper to make your own clothes but for this we need quality high durability fabric that is not available outside of the industry." Said Aria with her mouth full.

"Aria don't talk with your mouth full, it's rude." Admonished Twilight before turning to Sunset. "Yeah I'm not even going to try to understand either of them anymore, it's not worth the headaches." Twilight drank some water trying to stop feeling thirsty after two days of being out. "Rarity is a good friend Po, but she can be a little dramatic at times. She sure knows her stuff though."

"A little? When I told her who I was she fainted." Said Po with a smile.

"In Rarity's defense it is quite a shock to find that out Po." Twilight giggled "So what do think happened to me back there? I mean I know that this Equestrian magic is supposed to be powerful but why did I get wings when I wasn't Midnight? And why were they so different from those Raven's wings like when I was Midnight?"

"That's a mystery to us too. I mean we kind of are like the unicorns of old just learning how to wink out and levitate." said Sunset

"Also this necromatic energy that can be harnessed is something that has been banned from research in our world. The dead are not to be disturbed. This is a tenant that even Discord and Sombra never crossed." added Luna

"Well maybe we should ask Doctor Spengler and Doctor Stanz what they think. Maybe even have them take some readings and evaluate the readings we took during the job. I don't like having this hanging over our heads like this, it's just too dangerous. Also I have a question I would like to ask you Princess Luna, but I'm worried about it because I know it's deeply personal for you." said Twilight

"The good doctors have left sadly. Late last night the forces in motion and the host at its command have reactivated a node." said Luna

"Yeah they set up the grid with Po's help. Then started to take readings and when Luna arrived they asked to take some scans of her but they didn't get a chance, the call came in from New York. So they had to run." Said Sunset as Sonata brought a tray of food pancakes, muffins, orange, juice, some beacon, and large helping of chocolate chip cookies. Sunset looked at the heavy tray then Sonata as she pranced off. "While you were getting dressed I texted the girls they are coming to tell us what we missed. From the sounds of it things have gotten worse. Canterlot High was evacuated do to ghosts."

"Damn it!" Twilight said "This just keeps getting worse." She said as she picked up a piece of bacon and tore off a good chunk of it and began thinking while eating.

Language young mare. " Luna scolded

"Sorry." Twilight replied with a blush. "So now what?"

"Well we are waiting on the human bearers and a Layar from the firm that covers the Ghostbusters. Apparently the city is saying that a ghost plague right before the a new branch opens in the area is suspicious and demands that a investigation be done." Said Luna sounding cross

"What!" Twilight nearly shouted. "That's insane, our presence as Ghostbusters was perpetuated by the obviously preceding hauntings. And we were merely trying to get help from the Ghostbusters in New York! We never had any intention of founding a Canterlot branch, that just happened to become a necessity!" Twilight fumed as she tore into her pancakes.

"Yes but you humans have a habit of seen cause and effect in reverse. I mean look at how many conflicts started that way." Said Adagio

"Yeah not counting the ones we caused." Said Sonata innocently getting a glare from both her sisters and Luna, as Sunset facepalmed.

Twilight groaned "It's just going to make this whole thing that much worse, and it was bad to begin with. Poor Lyra and Octavia, they are probably going to get hounded by the tabloids in town now." Twilight threw herself into eating to avoid any farther thinking at the moment, she was very hungry and her head was starting to hurt worse than it had from the lack of food and water.

"Oh they took tour officers and left town. They are staying in Ghost free lands until this blows over. Can't say I blame them." said Sunset

Then there was the sound of a slime tether fire and trap closings from the kitchen and soon Sonata walked out in her apron with a pack on her back and trap in hand. "I put up the sign to be nice, but do they listen noooo!" She hands the trap to Po. "It had your mark thing on it Po I trap it again and it's the grid for it are we clear?" She said poking Po with the dangerous end of her slime thrower.

"Yes miss Dusk I will make sure the naughty thing is disciplined." Said a nervous Po taking the trap.

Twilight groaned again. "I wish I could go to a ghost free zone right now." Twilight forced herself to look up at Sunset. "Okay when will the rest of the girls get here?"

"Soon, in the meantime the library they have needs to be reshelved. Would that help you take you mind of things?" Said Sunset remembering a message from Princess Twilight about how she loved to do that when she lived in library.

"Reshelve the library?" questioned Twilight "Why would I want to do that? I'm sure it'll be a good resource once everything is up to date and we'll need to get someone on that eventually, but what I need to do is take a look at the lab space and see what we have to work with there. Then I can figure out what we'll need to replace and what we'll need to get in. I'll also need to figure out what are going to be the best computers for our needs." Twilight sighed heavily. "It's going to be a lot of work."

"I don't believe it. Princess Twilight would have taken Spike in her magic and spent a week in reorganizing the books." Said Luna in shock.

"That's the difference between them your Highness. In our world we barely have computers that take readings and use systems that by this one's standards are museum pieces." said Sunset

"And very old ones at that." Twilight added before she finished her orange juice.

"Thou should know we have the most advanced technology and magic of any nation on our world." Said Luna sounding defensive.

"Your highness, with all due respect. As much pride I have as a Canterlot unicorn for your sister's school for talented and Gifted Unicorns. On a technology level my cellular phone is over a hundred years more advanced. With magic books we can mimic texting, but not sending voice or live video or even still pictures under we draw them." Said Sunset to princess Luna making her pout.

"Before we leave, we shall have to ask your indulgence in procurement of some of the devices you have spoken and written of." Said Luna with a huff.

"That's not a good idea." Twilight replied "The consequences are too big of an unknown and could adversely effect your world. We got really lucky with this whole Equestrian Magic mess, it could have been so much worse than it turned out. And as an ethical scientist I have to strongly advise against any course of action that could lead to an imbalance from a technological perspective, the risks are simply too great."

"We will not be moved on this decision. Sunset and Adagio had tried all yesterday to sway us. But this this is something that I will do." said Luna

"Don't worry Twilight, Adagio and I came up with a list of devices she can get that would not be overly devastating nothing dangerous. Well television might be but with possibly no signal movies are all they can watch." said Sunset

"Yeah nothing that can't be replicated and is not already in the line of pony development. And as much as she pouted no weapons." said Adagio
"We still get free choice of the games for the console." Luna grumbled

"I hate to burst your bubble girls, but there is no guarantee that any of our tech will even survive the trip. We never exactly thought to try and test whether or not that would be the case. And now is a really bad time to try, it's almost certain to end in some kind of disaster with C.H.S. being haunted now. It will simply have to wait, more so given we have no idea how the fluctuations in energy might effect the portal. And it would also be best to have someone supervise any transfer of technology to Equestria. And that something we have no time for right now." said Twilight

Luna pouted putting on her cute face. "But I wanted to play the game videos Princess Twilight talked about."

"It's just to dangerous right now princess, and you may not even be able to get home until this all over of that portal has destabilized." Twilight's eyes widened as shock overtook her." "Oh no! No, no, no, no, no. What if the portal has destabilized?! That would be bad, very, very bad! We're going to have to check and make sure nothing worse is about to happen!"

"Twilight I remind you she used it yesterday." deadpanned Sunset

Twilight looked at Sunset. "Did you take any readings then? If I've learned anything from what's been going on during all of this is that these things change at an alarming rate. And that it take very little to tip things in a really bad direction." Twilight deadpanned back.

"Yes and that's the part that I'm worried about. The school was supposed to be the center of the mandala but well it's dead portal is stable and all else is flat line base." Said Sunset as Adagio nodded.

Twilight arched an eyebrow. "I'm more worried that ever about that Sunset. We need to take a look at the C.H.S. grounds as soon as can, I've got a bad feeling about it."

"Oh no!" Sonata replied "Not a bad feeling. You know what happens when some says that don't you?"

"Says what?" Pinkie said appearing out of nowhere startling Sonata.

"Other then Pinkie braking laws of reality, usually it causes bad things to start happening." Said Sunset as she waves to Pinkie.

Twilight on the other hand screamed and leaped behind Sunset. "Gah! Pinkie I thought I asked you not to do that to me."

"Hi Sunny, sorry Twilight." Pinkie replied with an embarrassed look and a squee.

Sonata giggled "Twilight just said she has a bad feeling about what's going on at C.H.S."

"Yes, oh forgive me Princess Luna human Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie Princess Luna." said Sunset

"Hi I'm Pinkie Pie and I'm so glad to meet you Princess Luna." Pinkie stopped and appraised the woman before her. "Wow you don't look much like Vice Principal Luna. She was always kind of stern and a little bit sad for some reason. You on the other hand seem all happy and glowy." Pinkie said with a squee.

"Glowy?" asked Luna

"Yeah!" said Pinkie "Like you're all happy, and when you're happy you have a glow to you. It shows that you have a nice personality and love being around others. I mean I know Vice Principal Luna has to keep discipline and all, but that doesn't mean she has to be a grump about it."

Twilight whispered to Sunset. "Is the pony Pinkie really like that too?"

"From what I've read the pony one is worse." whispered Sunset

"Oh, that's good that we have this Pinkie Pie then." Twilight replied

"Yeah I know right?" Whispered Pinkie as she somehow got between them.

"Gah!" Shouted both Sunset and Twilight as they separated and jumped away from Pinkie. "Pinkie how many time have we asked you not to do that?!" They said still in unison.

Sonata giggled "Wow that is really cute the way you two stayed in sync there. You're totally meant for each other." Said Sonata causing both Sunset and Twilight to blush.

Sunset glares at Sonata as the others walk in with Fluttershy covered in slime smiling.

Twilight looked at Fluttershy. "Why are you covered in slime Fluttershy? What happened?" Said Twilight sounding confused.

"There are actually ghosts here. You know what that means. Vampires can be real! Eeeeeeeeee!" She started bouncing around.

"She saw one of the spooks you got zipping around and squeaked then hugged it in to goo all over her self and been happy as a pig in mud since." said Applejack

Twilight blinked "I did not know that about you Fluttershy."

"Yeah I love paranormal but I really love vampires it be so awesome to be one the grace the charm the power no need to fear anything except the sunlight." Said Shy as she started to drift off in to a day dream.

"Darlings I think Shy has left reality. But based on recent events that might be a safer thing." Said Rarity as she sat down.

"Well some of the oldest tails I've uncovered in the past say that sunlight doesn't really have any effect on vampires Fluttershy. But I really wouldn't want one of my friends to cursed with a horrible eternal unlife that she has to drink the blood of others to keep going." Twilight replied

"Well there was an incident where our world's Fluttershy became a vampire fruit bat pony." Said Luna "She nearly destroyed our Applejack's crops, consumed two orchards as I recall the tale.

The human Applejack froze hearing this her eye twitching.

"I don't think you should bring that up again princess." Twilight replied "You should sit down and relax Applejack, maybe have of the amazing food Sonata made while you're at it. Well if you need me I'll be in the lab trying to sort it out." Twilight said finishing her food and then heading out the door.


"Ok Luna no more pony world talk while the girls are here or we might need to have you pull nightmare ward duty for the next few days." Said Sunset crossing her arms.

Princess Luna shrugged. "I thought they might appreciate knowing the exploits of their other selves."

"Yes I'm sure Applejack wants to hear about a Fluttershy stronger then her and all her friends combined, zipping around the orchard at night, daring every apple she sees to shrunk a husk ...... " Sunset facepalms "Sorry AJ I shouldn't have been so descriptive." Applejack was now pale as sheet and shaking while glancing at every few seconds at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy huffed at Applejack. "Oh come on now Applejack I would never do something like that. Stop laughing Rainbow! It's not funny!"

Rainbow's cackling stopped for a moment. "Sure it is Fluttershy. Oh man you should see the look on your face AJ, it's hilarious." Rainbow managed before being overcome by a new round of laughter.

"The part she left out is the hunger was controlling the other you. She was little better then a rabid beast." Said Sunset making Shy gasp.

"Sunset Shimmer!" Rarity shouted "That's quite enough darling, I think we've heard quite too much about this incident now thank you very much. Now let us be on to to other things shall we?"

"Sorry but a lot of the mythos you humans romanticize what was real and nowhere near as friendly back home. I mean I saw a emissary of the Dragon Lord once as foal. I remember the princess was smaller then his teeth! We have magic yes but it's hardly balances the scale when there are thing that just need to step on us if they want to hurt us. Or corruptions of our friends that want to do worse and are very, very powerful. We need to be careful imaging what a possession on one of you with your magic could cause. If it's a minor or mischievous ghost it might make a line of clothes that ruins your store's name. But if it's something that wants to do harm with your magic it could be outright nightmarish." Said Sunset looking seriously at Rarity.

Adagio laughed "Sunset dragons in our world are nowhere near as dangerous as you believe. All they have going for them is brute strength, and with that aside they are quite witless and easy to outmaneuver or manipulate. In addition to their collective lack of brainpower they are far too aggressive and fractured to be a real threat to anyone but themselves. These humans on the other hoof are much more dangerous if something goes wrong enough with their exposure to magic. Why do you think Twilight is still scared out of her wits?" Adagio then turned to Rarity.

" So Sunset is right about that. We have to watch you guys very closely and guard you jealously. If we lose any of you to something more powerful it could well be the end for this world." Adagio finished with Aria and Sonata nodding in agreement.

"Like yeah, I mean imagine what would have happened if we won at the battle of the bands? I mean, I would so totally have had bunch of cuties hand feeding me tacos when ever I wanted them." said Sonata

"Your tacos my queen." Pinkie said with a dramatic flourish suddenly appearing beside Sonata.

"Yeah, like that." Said Sonata actually taking the taco from Pinkie. "Only only more mind wiped and with less clothes." She added.

"Ok! I'm stopping you there Sonata. Last thing we need is you talking about your stupid S&M fantasies." Said Aria.

"Hay it's not stupid!" Said Sonata

"Yes it is!" Said Aria.

"No it's not!" Said Sonata

"Yes it is!" Said Aria.

"No it's not!" Said Sonata

"Yes it is!" Said Aria.

"No it's not!" Said Sonata

Before it went any further a teal dome appeared over the two muting them as the went back and forth. "I think it tis best we let them talk it out in privet." Said Luna her hand glowing.

"The whole mind wiped thing would be a bummer, but they less clothes could be really fun." Pinkie replied "Although I don't really think it's an S&M thing. It's more like a Sonata like tacos and cute girls thing." Pinkie said thoughtfully.

Rarity's face had turned red before she turned to Adagio and asked. "Do those two always argue like that darling?"

"Darling, we have lived with each other for over a thousand years. This is hardly the worst they bicker. But then again how well do you think you'd do with living with your sister for that long in a world you where banished to together? Though when we were younger it wasn't as bad. I think it's actually cute." Said Adagio with a smile.

Rarity tilted her head. "Cute? I do suppose that's one way of saying it dear. And I didn't need to know that Sonata had such, interesting tastes shall we say."

"Oh come on Rares, kinky is fun." Rainbow retorted drawing everyone's attention her way.

"Rainbow has a point. I had crop back home." said Sunset

"A crop? Oh how naughty Sunset. Did Sunbut know?" Said Adagio with a smirk then added. "Or dose Twilight know?"

Rarity arched an eyebrow. "A riding crop? You Sunset? I find that to be a little hard to believe."

"I've heard more than I want to." Applejack replied "I'm gonna go have a look at that bus ya'll are planning on using to see if it needs anything."

"Okay thanks Applejack." Said Sunset

"Oh it gets better. Back home Sunset was a unicorn pony. So can only imagine what implications, a raiding crop has right Luna?" Said Adagio sliding up next to Rarity at the table and pulling Luna in to the conversation.

"Verily, as princess of the night and guardian of dreams I seen many a fantasy in evolving them as well as the use bridles and saddles. I am also well versed in their use from such. Though it's likely my sister might have given the crop to Sunset herself as a gift. Either as encouragement to socialize or as a prank gift." Said Luna after Sunset and Applejack left to tend to the bus.

"I'm sorry dear but do you really believe you sister meant it as a prank? A princess? Are you quite sure dear?" asked Rarity

"Geez Rares, it's not like a princess can't have a sense of humor." Rainbow retorted

"I remember our old castle had all these fun hiding places, a slide, and the hall of hooves gave ponies the creeps. And yes Tia and myself are incurable pranksters. I love nightmare night. It is the best for pranks. And the fact that all the foals give me cut of their candy as a offering to statues of my darker persona." said Luna

"Ooooo! Princess Luna runs the candy racket in Equestria." said Pinkie

"I see." Rarity replied plainly.

"Am I shattering your dream of what royalty are? Well my sister is also cake addict she has to have one at least once a day. If not more, I can't for the life of me figure out where it all goes." said Luna

Adagio facepalmed while Rarity replied. "I just thought that you would be more, well regal, and dignified. I had no idea the two of you were so... how do I put this adequately? Normal, yes that's the word normal. you're just people like us. It's quiet a change of pace is all."

Rainbow fell into a fit of hysterical laughter.

"Why would we not be like normal ponies? Granted I spent a thousand years banished on my own moon. But I am just as pony as Sunset is. And being regal is not but show and ceremony. I mean if my sister and I actually had to be that all the time I'd dare say we would both turn permanent nightmares and let Discord rule Equestria in our stead." Said Luna sipping her tea.

"The reality is different than the fairy tales as Bryan would say." Rarity replied "I think you would like him Luna dear, her is very quiet but he is wise about many things. Ace on the other was always so rough, I could never understand just how he made it though college."

"Ace? That's the name of one my guard captains. One of the best in fact. Very driven and skilled, if a bit intense. Through his brother is so reserved it hard to believe the ninja is related to him. But now I'm rambling. Pray tell I am here for a secondary reason beyond helping your Twilight. I wish to acquire superior gaming devices. Princess Twilight mentioned this world had much more advanced types then the latest ones in Equestria's arcades." Said Luna pulling a bag of gems out of her saddle bag turned purse.

"Luna darling those gems are probably worth hundreds of thousands of dollars each, if not millions." Rarity said sounding shocked. "I fear that even the smallest of gemstones of this quality would arouse suspicion in any potential buyer. You won't be able to acquire anything with these without running into trouble."

Adagio meanwhile facepalmed. "Oh great there is a pony version of that stupid flirt. Why does the universe seems to hate me?"

"Geez Dag, you don't have to be sore at the guy just because this one grabbed your butt. Besides I thought you liked that kind of attention."

Adagio whirled around and gave Rainbow a death glare. "I don't appreciate being touched unless I'm giving permission Rainbow. And I definitely don't like thick headed guys with no brains!"

"Says the girl who touched everyone in reach without asking." Rainbow retorted causing Adagio to deflate.

"What these little things?" I was worried I didn't bring enough." Said Luna confused.

"Luna dear, these kinds of obviously high quality gemstones are very rare in our world. You've bought yourself no small amount of trouble with these I fear." Rarity replied

"Damn, I hope AJ and Sunset are having less trouble with the bus." said Rainbow

"And Twilight with the computer lab." Said Pinkie who was looking around. "Hey girls did any of you see where that ghost girl went?"

"She sank through the floor. But back to matter at hoof. These are not of high quality actually the other you gave them to me use as a gift. As they where to low grade to use in her dresses. We where worried these would only be enough for a single device and game. Most of these count as one bit back home." said Luna

"Um I hate to burst your bubble princess, but I really don't think any game system from here will actually work on your world." Rainbow said "They require internet connections for software updates, accounts security, add ons to the games and a whole lot more. And then there is the problem that you may not even be able to plug the stupid thing in. Oh and the T.V.s that you need and all of the other stuff that goes with it too.

Adagio rolled her eyes. "It figures you would know a lot about game systems Rainbow. I swear you're as bad as Aria is about it."

"Hey Aria and I kick lots of tail online Dag, together we're unstoppable." Rainbow retorted with a cocky grin.

"Thouest mean I can't play the latest game devices?!" Said Luna before she did something no one expected or ever want to see again. Luna pouted looking depressed and heart broken.

"Well as long as you're here you can, but back in Equestria not so much. I'm really sorry Luna, but that whole multiverse thing is really tricky from what the eggheads keep telling us." Rainbow replied

Luna then pulled a one-eighty. "Then we has no time to waste. I shall make my self a vacation home here and play the games in this world when I have leave of courtly duties!" declared Luna

"And people say my mood swings can give people whiplash." Said Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow chuckled nervously. " Wow that was fast."

"I know what you mean." Sonata said having appeared beside Pinkie "Anyway got any more tacos Pinkie? I'm still hungry."

Pinkie squeed "Right this way Sonny."

"I think Adagio and I can help you with the real estate Luna dear." Rarity said

"Why would I need help? Surely there is a spare room here? Besides there are more important matters. Rainbow Dash, Aria! Come you and help me find Money changer to exchange these gems for local coin." Said Princess Luna, with a polite but compellingly commanding tone.

"Yeah about that." Rainbow said "We can't help you princess."

"That's more Adagio and Rarity's thing." Aria said flatly.

"But I thought you where the experienced gamers?" asked Luna

"Yeah gamers, as in not experienced getting dollars out of gems." Aria replied

"Yeah that the kind of thing that Rarity and Adagio know, or you can ask Sunset and Twilight. We can't help you with that kind of thing." Rainbow replied

"Quite right." Rarity said "And at the moment I don't advise disturbing Twilight, the poor dear is not in the best frame of mind at the moment I am afraid."

"Listen Luna, once you have the money then Rainbow and Aria can help you." Adagio said

"Very well. Come I look forward to a ride in a self propelled carriage." said Luna

"Oh I quite think you'll appreciate this." Rarity said brightly.

"Yes well I will miss watching the flanks of my guards as they pull the carriage. Being a princess dose have some perks." Said Luna with a giggle.

"Um, well yes, but Luna dear I didn't really want to know that." Rarity stammered

"Hmm, I think we'll have to talk about that in private later Luna." Adagio said with a smile.

"Then let us away to shop!" Declared Luna.

"It's going to be one of those days." Rarity deadpanned as she followed the enthusiastic princess.

Comments ( 12 )

8623952
Sorry to hear that buddy, wish you the best of luck on the rest then. The story is REALLY cool and promising.

8624032
Thanks if you like it please look at some of my other work

Glad to see the story is still going on. I hope that the update dont take longer..

8624129
Well I am solo writing 3 or 4 stories my self now so it will be slower.

Love the update and I still think you can do well even if you don't have your original partner. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

8625750
Marry X-miss and happy New year

10086877
found that in a muppets crossover with Ghostbusters

10086885
No just felt like something Peter would say

10086898
i meant the bit about being the only ones in the business. it was on fanfiction.net

hope you can continue the story I like it:coolphoto:

10087948
plan to but I have a que of work to do see blog

Login or register to comment