• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 2,004 Views, 136 Comments

Equestria Girls Ghostbusters: Nightmare Rising! - Gundamdragon



Twilight and Sunset after colleague start up a canterlot branch of the Ghostbusters after a rash of paranormal event plague the town. (a Equestria Girls x Ghostbusters story)

  • ...
4
 136
 2,004

CH4: House cleaning.

"Good news girls Peter the magnificent has slaved your Canterlot HQ issue for free!" Shouted Peter as he walked up the stairs waving his arms with that con man grin.

"Ok who and many people do we need to sing hypnotize for this?" Asked Adagio.

"Oh yea of little faith you girls don't need to do a thing but clear it out of ghosts and the building is yours." Said Peter.

"Weee!" Sonata replied joyfully while Twilight simply raised an eyebrow.

"Where is this building and what is it?" asked Twilight.

"Oh it's perfect. The old Canterlot Heights Sanitorum on the edge of the town. They wanted to reopen it but with the preexisting ghost reports and the spikes in paranormal activity that have been going on in the area they just can't. The power and water are up to code so you just need the set up and with the bus done we just need to help with the install." said Peter

"Canterlot Heights? Where that mad man doctor Nightor Glue killed hundreds of mentally ill and gays then cremated them believing they where possessed by demons?" Asked Aria.

"That's the one." Said Peter with a smile. "And it's yours free and clear after just one sweep and clear. It will also be the biggest Ghostbusters station in the world."

Twilight facepalmed "Oh this is going to be so much fun." She replied sarcastically.

Adagio however looked at Peter. "How did you even know about that place? It's more or less an urban legend in Canterlot."

"Oh that's easy the owners called us to try and clean house so Ray looked it up yesterday while you girls were on the job in China town. I called him back and talked him in to the deal he sounded so happy to be rid of the place." said Peter

Egon came into the room. "Peter I'm not so sure that's a good idea. A sweep and clear of this level is going to be difficult at best. Worse if it turns out to be a Mandala node. We also need you to help us finish the install on the potable containment unit for the bus."

"Ahhhhhh, Do I have too?" whined Peter.

Egon looked at Peter sternly. "Yes Peter your expertise and ability is required at this particular moment."

Twilight in the meantime was pacing back and forth trying to think about just how they could handle a job of the scope, or even if they could.

Sunset watched Twilight and sighed before saying. "Twilight stop worrying if worst case it is a Mandala then we would have to deal with it any way at least this way we would have two of the guys with us. Besides you're the only one of us that could legally buy the building we use anyway. And last I checked you've still got debt to pay off like I do."

"I know Sunset." Twilight shot back. "This is a bit different than the museum though. In this case we likely have the ghost of mad unethical doctor running around who happens to see demons everywhere he goes. Now that he's dead it's going to be much worse than before." Twilight huffed

"Twilight, I was eaten twice, how could it get worse?" Said Sunset crossing her arms.

Adagio chimed at that moment. "Getting groped by a four armed dead rapist isn't any better Sunset."

"Groped vs inside a ghost. As in held in place by nothing but slime." said Sunset

"She has a point Adagio." said Aria.

"That's my point!" said Twilight "As it stands right now Sonata is the only one of us that hasn't gotten some awful sliming from ghost horrible ghost! After what i went through with you when we were swallowed by the second ghost I was shaken Sunset! And I am not looking forward to a repeat." Twilight said now breathing heavily. "It's just too much for me." She then said with a small squeak.

"I got slimed by a ice cream truck. Remember? But that's not the point." Said Sonata who walked up and got in Twilight's face. "How you think Sunny feels? She had to fight how many alone. One from the inside. And you know what makes it harder for her? She has spent years in your world not seeing her mom, her dad, her princess. And all this time your there looking just like the pony that has had made the biggest difference in her life, and now your backing down cause your scared and got some slime in your panties? When she and us need your support the most. For realizies? Remember why we are here. To save your world, sure Aria is out for pay back but, She, Dagi, Sunset, and I are risking everything. So stop wimping out and mare up. Said Sonata slapping her. "Remember me and my sisters are banished, Sunset could leave when ever she wanted."

"Ow, Sonata." Twilight whimpered

Adagio stepped up to Sonata and pulled her away from Twilight. "Sonata even with all of her Equestrian magic that she now has Twilight is still only human. It's harder for most humans to deal with this kind of difficulty and danger. And it's even harder for her because she better for suited for organizational work and lab work. Field work is not the best way for her to support Sunset or us for that matter." adagio drew in a deep breath and resumed speaking. "When we get back to Canterlot we'll have look at our little circle and find somepony, er I mean somebody better suited for the fieldwork than Twilight. Now apologize to Twilight Sonata and Twilight we need you to focus so please calm down alright?"

Twilight nodded in response.

"Sorry but that hospital sparked some bad memories for me." Said Sonata.

"Are, are you okay Sonata?" asked Twilight

Adagio nodded satisfied that there would be no further outbursts from Sonata. "Aria let's go and see how the preparations are going." Said Adagio as she went to check on the work being done by the Ghostbusters.

Aria waited a few seconds for Adagio to be out of sight then hugged Sonata. She then glared at Sunset and Twilight "Tell any one living or dead and I'll stuff you both in a trap." She then slid down the nearby pole.

"Sonata, what happened? Why you go off like that?" Asked Sunset.

She sighed and sat down. "You know how me and my sisters were banished long long long time ago?" Sunset nodded and waited. "Well we don't always get along even back then and we needed time apart. As you know back in our home world their are way more mares then stallions. So mares in a relationship was not a big deal and most would welcome more mares or a stallion in even if it was just for one night. Well until not to long ago the notion of two women loving each other was well, seen as a mental disorder. Close to the time that Doctor Glue was doing his thing, my girlfriend and I at the time were found out by her parents and they got us both committed as dangers to public morality. It was the late forties so it's not a surprise. But the shock treatments and beatings were. Then one day they tried the new techniques on her. Which turned out to be the male doctor and nurses taking turns with her to fuck her strait. That was the last straw I used my powers as limited as they where at the time and alone. I got us both out but for her own safety we went separate ways. She became a activist in the sixties and a school teacher. But hearing and thinking about that quack again it's not something I wished to remember." explained Sonata.

Twilight sniffled "I'm, I'm so sorry Sonata! I just can't imagine going through something so horrible." Twilight then broke down into tears crying uncontrollably and sniffling. After a minute or two Twilight stopped crying and sighed. "Adagio is right girls. I'm just not cut out for the field work involved in this job. I'll be much better off doing research and development and keeping everything organized. We'll have to ask the rest of the girl when we get back to Canterlot so we better round out the team. I'm sure some of them will help."

"It's okay Twi, no one is great at everything." said Sonata

"Yeah just do what you can and we will save your world, and Sonata I will put in a good word for you and your friends." said Sunset.

"Thanks girls, now shall we go and see how the installation is going? said Twilight.

Down stairs the girls find the bus with the back removed and a large portable containment unit being fixed in its place. "Peter make sure not to get the wires connecting the super slammer mark three to the portable unit dose not get caught between the roof and the unit." Said Egon.

"I know Egon. I know. Stop reminding me." Said Peter.

Twilight looked over the set up and asked. "Is there anything I can do to help Doctor Spengler?"

"Not right now but I will to go over the operation manual with you later given that there are only three mobile units and only two with slammers feeding straight to them." said Egon

"Okay." Twilight replied "I'll really need to go over the technology that is used for this line of work to able to understand it. That way I can do the job of upgrading and maintaining it as well as researching new ways get the job done."

"Wow." said Sonata "Is she always on top of things like this?" asked Sonata while looking at Sunset.

"When she's not panicked about being tardy." Said Sunset.

Sonata cocked her head "Seriously?"

"Seriously~" said Sunset jokingly mocking Sonata by using a valley girl tone from a movie she saw.

Twilight stuck out her tongue at Sunset while Sonata just giggled.

"So," Sonata said "which of the other girls do you think is gonna want to help us out?"

"Dash hands down, and maybe Pinkie and AJ. Rarity might give us free uniforms, but no way she goes near a ghost and Fluttershy is well, two things. One she's well Fluttershy, and two she's a vampire fan girl." said Sunset

"Fluttershy is a vampire fan girl?" asked Sonata "She'd be kinda hot as a vampire." Sonata giggled "Although Pinkie is kinda cute."

Adagio laughed at her sister. "I'm not so sure the world could handle you two as a couple Sonata." Sonata merely stuck out her tongue in response.

"Oh please don't give me that mental image, her and Lemon Zest are bad enough, and knowing Pinkie, she'd probably use the facts about Equestria I told them to make a herd with Sonata and Lemon." Said Sunset rubbing her forehead.

Peter perked up and asked. "Wait did you say lesbian three-ways are common in your world?" He then looked at Egon. "Egon are you up for a vacation in a world with completely different laws of physics and magic, and large groups of women have sex that I could maybe join in on?"

"Peter focus on the task at hand and not your perverted fantasies." said Egon

Aria growled at Peter before being restrained by Adagio. "It's not worth it Aria. There will always be guys like him."

Sonata on the hand has broken down into a full on fit of giggles. While Twilight looked at Sunset. "Really Sunset? Herding?" Twilight though for a moment. "Well it does make some sense given that your native form and biology is equine. Are there really that many more mares than stallions Sunset?"

"National average when I left was one to two overall. But it can vary from town to town. Example is Ponyville where, Princess Twilight lives, is a four to one." said Sunset

"In Aquestria where my sisters and I are from it was three to one. And in Griffon Stone it's one to one and dragons are higher number of males to females. I've never met any other races." said Adagio

"Wow that's so interesting." Twilight replied.

Sonata looked at her "Are you taking notes?"

"Yes! Yes I am. I want to learn everything I can about your world Sonata." Twilight beamed with a squee of her own. "It's so exciting!"

"I'd like a copy if you don't mind. Ray, Winston, push it two inches left." Said Egon from under the bus.

"Got it boss." Ray called back.

"Oh I would love to compare notes with you sometime Doctor Spengler!" Twilight squealed.

Sonata seemed to appear beside Sunset all of the sudden. "You know a really smart girl like her doesn't come along everyday Sunset. I'd snap her up as soon as you can if I were you." Sonata whispered deviously.

Sunset looks at Sonata and narrows her eyes. "One I'm not human, and not attracted to apes. Two I'm still planning on going home a place she can't follow. Indulging her crush would be crueler than ignoring it. Also technically there's two smart girls like her, the other is a princess." Sunset whispered.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Sunny." Sonata whispered before walking away.

After a short time the bus was ready to go. Egon and Ray where going to set help set up the a larger permanent containment grid at the hospital so they were going to follow in a car, while Peter and Winston watch the shop. The girls got to give the bus a test ride on the way.

"Wow we have seat belts now." Said Sunset.

"And weapon lockers." Said Aria looking at racks of packs in the center coming up to her belly.

"Yes, yes." Twilight said "This will work nicely. Now we'll just need to clear out this old mental hospital and start to set up shop when we get back to Canterlot." she sighed "There's still a lot to do."

"Yeah just a unknown number of souls torched to death." Says Aria with a smirk.

Twilight groaned "Like I said we have a lot of work to do."

"It's okay." Sonata said brightly. "We can get it done." She started the Bus turning the radio to a country station. "Let's get this convoy rolling!" cried Sonata

It's going to be long trip home." Twilight said with a sigh.

================================================

After a long trip. They arrived at the hospital it was five floors shaped like a coffin and had two central courtyards. The gates looked like they rusted off the hinges years ago.

Twilight swallowed hard. "Okay girls this going to be bad. Let's get this done." She walked to the weapons locker and picked up a Proton Pack and shakily put it on.

"No, this will be fun who ever catches the fewest ghosts buys dinner." said Aria

"Hey no picking on Twilight." Said Sunset as put on her pack.

Sonata let out a quiet giggle while Adagio just made a mental note of the situation, then Adagio spoke. "So what kind of information do we have on this place beyond what we've already discussed?"

"Nothing." Said Egon. "The last attempt to investigate the place was fifty years ago. While they have had crews renovate the place and some reports the last several owners denied the haunting. The new owner just wants rid of it."

Adagio facepalmed "There's nothing like going in blind." She snarked powering up her weapon.

Twilight was looking at her P.K.E. meter. "The reading are crazy even at this distance, this is going to be bad."

"As long as I'm not in a ghost it's a good day at work." Said Sunset.

As the girls went in Ray and Egon set up a command post outside and stacked extra traps on a table. As the girls entered the front doors they saw red slime flowing down the central stair case. And the P.K.E. meters jumped once inside. The reading were off the charts.

"Egon I think this place is close to slipping between worlds." Said Sunset looking at the meter.

"I'll say." said Twilight "This place might be more charged than the Mandala Nodes in New York."

"Wow that is a lot of red slime." Sonata squeaked A door opened and ghost strapped to a roller table zooms past screaming in pain. Sonata blinked "I would say you don't see that everyday, but now that we're doing this job I'll bet we see that a lot."

"We've got to do something to end this." Twilight said "I can't stand to see them all in pain like this."

Egon calls over the radio. "Forward base to to cleaners, I just got done doing a lay line cross check. This building is not a node repeat this is not a node. Any all activity your seeing is simply the all the ghost that are stirred up. Ray has found something bad though in recent history. Before the spikes by whatever is causing them this place was treated as a paranormal black site. He just found this ten point three seconds ago. Apparently the reason no teams have tried to investigate it is those that tried to and dozens of members of multiple renovation crews have vanished or been killed in there. Please be careful and don't get separated. The Doctor might be in and his whole drive was to purge demons witch by a purely academic perspective four of you can theoretically be counted as."

"Also remember to take samples." Added Ray with a disturbing amount of excitement in his tone.

"Oh great." Twilight said "Just how do we deal with this?"

"Start with the strongest signals, and work our way down trapping everything in our way." Said Aria as if it was no big deal. The door at the top of the steeps opens the door and a ghost in a doctor jacket comes walking through holding a clipboard. She's mumbling to herself. And dose not notice them until she walks through Twilight.

"Sorry I didn't see you. Please keep the halls clear accidents happen that way." She then continues walking leaving Twilight covered head to toe in her slime as the ghost woman seemed to be nine foot tall.

"Ray Twilight got a large sample for you." Sunset radioed in with a bit of amusement.

"Right" they all said. They soon fallow the signal to the morgue trapping some lesser ghost as they went. "Ok we're here." said Sunset.

"Hey anyone got trap room left? Mine is full." Asked Aria, they soon found out they didn't.

"So we've got to go back and get more traps?" Asked Sonata.

"Yeah." said Twilight "Well at least this way I can bring Doctor Stanz his sample." She said with a shudder.

After a long walk they reached the base camp out front. "Well it seems you been busy." Said Egon.

"Wow look at all that slime! How many times did they get you?"Asked Ray.

"Uh huh." Sonata chirped.

"Just once." Twilight replied sounding unamused.

Ray started asking questions "Wow was it projectile vomiting or did it lick you or....."

"It walked through her." Said Aria as she hooked on three traps.

Twilight just nodded in ascent and collected some traps. "Could you just take the sample so we can get this done please?" Twilight said unable to mask her irritation.

"Ray," said Egon "I do not recommend annoying her. She is in a rather delicate state and wearing a particle accelerator. It's best not to take unnecessary risks under the circumstances."

"And it's a bad idea to annoy any woman with a weapon." Aria added.

Ray gave her towel and took several large samples of the slime.

"Actually it's not a good idea to annoy anyone with weapon. Sonata chirped.

"Yes regardless of gender it's a stupid risk to take." Adagio agreed "I wonder if we have enough traps for this? This may be bigger than we guessed."

Twilight just cleaned herself off dreading another "close encounter". She was all for field research, but this was ridiculous.

"If not we can blast out the windows on this side and use the super slammer. it is ready right Egon?" said Sunset.

"It is but that strategy would only be partially effective." Egon blinked. "Ray you did pack a porta-slammer in the bag right?"

Ray blinked and scratched his chin. "I think it's in the trunk why?"

Egon face palmed along with every one else. "Ray get the prota-slammer." He deadpanned.

Twilight cocked her heard and asked the question now on everyone's mind. "Porta-slammer? What the heck is a a porta-slammer?"

"It's a miniature version of the super slammer. While not as powerful it can be connected to it by a cable and you just trap the ghost like that. Rather then carrying a hundred traps. We used them in mopping up the mandala incident. I can't believe I forgot about it." Said Egon shaking his head.

Ray pulled out what looked like a yard light in a bucket on a tripod then he started to unload two spools of a thick cable/tubing. "You girls might have to set it up inside. And you can't move it when it's hooked up so pick a good spot for it." explained Ray.

"Well Girls I think this is our best shot. Still that doesn't make this easy, in fact we may have another layer of complications." Twilight turned to Egon. "What do we do if the ghosts try to destroy the Porta-slammer?"

"Whoa!" said Ray "I've never thought about that. Egon?"

"They can't, unlike traps this is open non-stop like the slammer when it's on. Any ghost too close is pulled in." said Egon.

Adagio breathed a sigh of relief. "That is one fewer problem then. Come on girls we need to set this up and finish the job."

"Whoooo! I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Sonata squeaked as she headed back inside.

"This is going to be a long day." Twilight said looking at Sunset and Aria.

Right after Twilight entered that same ghost from before walked through her again. "Sorry my fault." She said before walking through a door.

"Twice by the same ghost? Maybe she likes you." Said Sunset as Aria snickered.

Twilight's right eye twitched "I said it was going to be a long day. And this has happened to you too Sunset. It may have been two different ghosts but you were a Sunset snack twice remember."

"Yeah not the right time for this." Sonata said

"Sonata's right. Wow that's weird to say. We'd better find a good place to set up and thin out the ghosts. But Twilight look on the bright side at least she is not doing it on purpose." said Sunset.

"I've noticed that Pinkie does that a lot too." Twilight said "And not paying attention to those around is rather rude Sunset." Twilight sighed "At least it's not malicious though. It just feels so odd. I wonder want kind of long term side-effects could come about as a result of prolonged exposure?" Queried Twilight immediately going into scientist mode.

"Just don't let it get in anywhere too personal. it's not fun in the shower." said Sunset.

Twilight shivered at the though but quickly pushed it aside. "R-right, anyway where do you girls think the best spot for the Porta-slammer would be? normally I would say the center of the building but I'm not so sure in this case. Heck I'm not even sure we could get it to the center of the building."

"Any thoughts Dagi?" Questioned Sonata as Twilight started to take more reading with her P.K.E. meter.

"Well we could just put it in one of the courtyards that gives us plenty of windows to smash as we pull ghosts in." said Adagio.

"Hmmm, how about the central courtyard?" asked Twilight.

"Which is that the smaller one or the bigger one? This place is shaped like a coffin with two courtyards remember Twi." said Aria.

"If we use the larger courtyard we'll have more room to maneuver and have a much smaller change of crossing the streams by accident. So that should be our best bet." Twilight replied

"Right, let's roll! I want to blast more ghosts." Said Aria as she dragged the unwinding spool of cable.

The large courtyard seemed to be actually a graveyard, with way too many ghosts and other things rolling round.

Twilight facepalmed "Well we can either use the smaller courtyard or try to clean up this one. i don't see any other ways girls."

"Wowee what a mess!" Sonata gasped

"We clean this one up first. After all for some of us this might be our permanent home." Said Adagio as she and Aria set up the porta-slammer. As they work Sonata finds a grave crawler that has a cat shaped tombstone and picks it up.

"Look at this one Twilight it's cute!" She said as she ran over holding it up to Twilight. When they got close enough the cat head spit open and sprayed slime all over Twilight before vanishing. "Opssie, sorry Twilight." Said a apologetic looking Sonata.

Twilight looked at Sonata flatly. "I need something to clean off my glasses so I can see what I'm doing now. Oh and Sonata don't pick up anymore of the potentially dangerous unidentified creatures no matter how cute they look. Sunset do you have anything to help with my glasses? Everything I've got has been slimed."

"Here use my handkerchief." Said Sunset before she blasted a crypt crawler and handed her the rag. Which looked suspiciously like the panties that she pulled from the rex skull. Also felt like the same type of fabric.

"Uh thanks Sunset." Twilight said as she cleaned off her glasses before turning her attention back to her P.K.E. meter and scanning the new entities and trying to make sense of the powerful readings this place was giving off. The readings where not on a god like scale, but they were dangerous readings. As the others got the slammer up and started to reduce the numbers. She got a clearer reading. In the end she found three strong signals the largest in the morgue one was roaming the building and the last was in the ground.

"Okay ladies." said Twilight "I'm getting some really clear readings now and we've got three very powerful entities roaming around. One is wandering around the building, another is in the morgue, and finally we've got a troublesome one that is hiding in the ground. I'm not sure how we're going to deal with that one yet, but we should get the other two before dealing with the last one."

"Wait it's in the ground. Like the graveyard itself?" asked Sonata.

Adagio facepalms. "Sonata remember that talk in Equestria about tempting fate we had before going on stage to preform before Star swirl banished us?"

"Yep! What about it?" Asked Sonata innocently.

The ground started to rubble and the P.K.E. started going wild. The land shifted and broke as corpse collector rose from the ground. It's head towered over the roof tops. P.K.E. analysis shoots up fast.

Corpse Collector, class seven, elemental, attractor. Normally spawns from large battle fields and over stuffed graveyards or catacombs. They collect and consume corpses, but can't tell living from the dead.

Twilight swallowed hard. "Get ready girls we have one heck of fight on our hands! And whatever you do don't lest it grab you. It says that they can't tell what's living or dead." Twilight let lose with a couple of Boson Darts trying to tear the Corpse Collector down a little. Every one started firing, at the same time ghost and lost of them week class fours and five started to harass them.

Everyone started firing at the same time ghost and lots of weak class fours and five started to harass them.

"Ok giant monster, check. Swarm of ghosts, check. Outnumbered and no hope of survival, check. It's official if we survive we are by definition bad ass." Said Aria as she double slammer's two ghosts in the trap.

Twilight backed up while blasting the Corpse Collector and any other ghosts that cross her line of fire. "We're losing ground here girls. Sunset do you have ideas of how we can manage this? I'm all out right now."

"This is so not fun right now. Dagi what do we do?" cried Soanata

"Just keep blasting and stay out of reach!" shouted Sunset.

"It works!" Twilight shouted back as she ducked a tombstone that flung at her by the creature.

"Hey!" Sonata shouted "That's not nice!" She said as she gave the collector a face full of slime momentarily blinding the creature.

"She certainly has her moments doesn't she Aria?" Said Adagio as she trapped another ghost in the slammer.

"She always excelled at making a mess, and her gun is a mess in can." Said Aria before shooting twin boson blasts at the beast.

"You know this thing doesn't seem to have a weak point. Maybe if he chills out for a bit it can behave." Said Sunset as she switched to the stasis stream.

"Let's teach it to chill out then." Adagio said switching and hitting the Corpse Collector with her own stasis stream.

The beast slowed to a crawl under the streams it's body starting to crack under the attack. "Keep it up!" exclaimed Twilight "We've almost got it!"

Then without warning the creature fell over and started to shutter. Adagio realized what was about to happen and shouted "It's going to blow! Get down!" As she took cover.

"Buck!" Was Aria's response as she hid.

Sonata epped and jumped in a open grave near by.

Sunset dove for cover tackling Twilight who was next to her the two landing behind a stone sarcophagus with Twilight's face in Sunset's Bust. Then the thing exploded. Gunk and bits of stone went everywhere.

"Everyone okay?" asked Adagio.

"I'm fine, remind the nerds at base camp to update that thing's file. They explode." snarked Aria.

"Um girls, I think I can't get out." called Sonata.

"I'm fine. Twilight you okay?" Asked Sunset as she got up.

Twilight was blushing. "I'm fine Sunset but I'm worried about Sonata. We need to get her out of the grave." Twilight ran over to the grave and called to Sonata. "Hang on Sonata we'll get you out."

It took a short time to get Sonata out of the grave most the girls where covered in mud and gunk now.Sonata sniffed Aria, "Wow! I don't want to know what that gunk is. It reeks!" She and Twilight being the only ones without the glop on them.

"I think we're going to need to get you girls cleaned up before moving on. We have no idea what the long term consequences for having that stuff on you could be and I don't want to find out the hard way." Said Twilight while holding her nose.

"I agree, good job girls. Ray will have a changing blind, decontamination shower, and new uniforms ready when you get here. We couldn't find the garden hose tap until now." said Egon over the radio.

Twilight sighed "Let's go back and clean up girls. I'm really tired of being dirty and would like to be clean for longer than five minutes."

"I agree." said Adagio "I don't mind getting dirty, but this has been a rough night so far. And yes Aria, we are officially bad asses now."

"You are now, I always was. Remember when I saved you and Sonata from that kraken in the danger reef." said Aria.

"Hey don't bring that up!" Shouted Sonata they started back.

"You three fought a kraken. This I've got to hear." said Sunset.

Twilight cocked her head in way Sunset found cute but said nothing about. "What's a kraken?" She queried curiously.

"Also know as a devil fish the kraken are basically a vary vary vary big squid with a mean attitude combined with a daemon, is slimy and has lots of sharp spikes. Sonata still has some scars on her tail from it. Then again her fins are so shredded I'm surprised she can still out swim us." Said Adagio.

Sonata pouted while Twilight looked at her shocked and saddened. "I had no idea that the three of you had through such awful things. How are still so happy Sonata?"

"It's because I've been through worse than I'm going through now." Sonata replied with a squee and a smile.

"And she gets a kick out of getting into trouble. Like the time you where swallowed by a leviathan when we were kids. Took us a hour to get you out after we went in after you." Said Aria shaking her head.

"Or the time you nearly got us killed in the Echoing Hollow by that swarm of merlocks." Added Adagio starting to laugh.

Sonata smiles "Don't forget that I was the one that fund the spell book in the sunken city that taught us how to enchant others with our songs." The three started laughing.

Twilight looked to Sunset. "What just happened Sunset? I know I'm still not the best at social interactions but this feels over my head."

"Hehehe. Three sisters reminiscing about growing up together. The you from my world says Rairty, Applejack and Pinkie, have a lot of stories about there younger and older siblings. It's just a thing back home. Foals get into trouble. Luckily they mostly can get out of it, usually covered in tree sap." Explained Sunset with a smile.

"Oh don't bring up tree sap that stuff is a pain five hours, under water, with cleaner fish and I was still sticky!" Said Sonata as her sisters fully brake out laughing.

As Twilight was watching them and not where she was going. A familiar ghost walked through her again. "Sorry." It called over her shoulder as it walked on book in hand and vanished.

"Okay, either you or that ghost really needs to watch where your going, or it's doing it on purpose." Said Adagio now all the laughter including Sunset added in was over Twilight's ghost stalker.

" The next thing you know we will find her with a shrine to you or a ancestor that looked like you chanting notice me senpai." Said Aria as she held her sides.

Twilight glared at Aria with a gaze that could slay a Basilisk on the spot. "That is everything but funny Aria. Maybe I could persuade her to help me with my research into ghostly phenomena thought. "She said thoughtfully. "Those two mobster ghosts were sent off to Paradise City and the guys have Slimer in New York, so it wouldn't be a bad idea. Provided we can get a friendly and cooperative ghost anyway." She then turned to Sunset "You know, I don't want to know how you could still be sticky after cleaning off tree sap."

"Yasgold sap or world trees as they are called you have to use a potion to stop being sticky. According to legend souls of the dead pass through the trees so there sap is full of ectoplasm. They grew randomly I remember there is one hanging from under Canterlot upside down. And they do grow underwater too. I originally thought the ghost thing as legend but now it's something I plan to investigate when I finally go home." said Sunset

"Oh yeah ghost slime dose feel like that gold sap now that you mention it. I wonder if it tastes like it." said Sonata

"Don't, just don't Sonata." said Adagio

"World trees?" said Twilight "I really don't know anything about that kind of thing. I'm well read in science literature not fantasy."

All four turn and look at her with a really look. "Twilight what you call fantasy is science back home are did you forget I'm a unicorn and they are hippocampi?" said Sunset

"Actually Sunset," Twilight replied 'you're forgetting where you are in this moment. And according the data I've collected from the hair and blood samples you all gave me earlier in the year the four of you are no such thing. Extraordinary abilities aside all of you are human just like me. And I suspect that as long as you are here that will always be the case. So in summery you are a former unicorn and former hippocampi not a unicorn and hippocampi. You can only regain those forms when you step though the portal and return to Equestria. Also according to the preliminary data gathered by Doctor Spengler it seems to me that your magical abilities have been blunted quite a lot from what I can tell. I'm not sure why though, it maybe a property of the portal limiting the magical influence that you can exude on this world."

"Twilight, no matter what form where in it doesn't change who we are. Let me put it like this if you where in another world tomorrow and turned in to for the sake of argument a talking cat person thing or whatever. Should you think of yourself as that or what you've spent thirty years of your life as? Yes we have new bodies and our magic is alien to this world but that dose not mean we are humans. I mean, and no offense is meant, no matter how human I look I'm still not one, I'm about as attracted to humans as I am to the horses of this world and that's about as much as you would be a orangutan. Just cause the body changed doesn't mean how you learned to think and act changed or your soul has." said Sunset

"Confusing who you are with what you are is a normal thing Sunset. Currently your D.N.A. says you're human and as long ad you are here that's the truth, it's completely non-nonnegotiable Sunset. Human D.N.A. is what a human being a human being just as unicorn D.N.A. makes a unicorn. Both are set in stone and neither reflect who you are because your personality and intellect are not your body. I may be the Twilight Sparkle in my mind and heart in your world but if I go there I won't be human anymore. It's simple logic Sunset." replies Twilight

"Twilight magic and paranormal are involved in our lives. Simple has been gone for years now." said Sunset

"Ain't that the truth." Said Aria with a tone of exasperation.

Twilight nodded "Yes and no, the fact remains that the logic and evidence are the same no matter what Sunset. The rest however, well that's another matter. But I do have to ask why you constantly talk about going back to Equestria? Especially when you're involving yourself in a life time commitment like this one. This isn't going to be the last such crisis, not with according the pattern that's been established. I also have to question the sincerity of your stated desire considering that if truly wished to return you would have done so long before now. I think you're telling us that to convince yourself and not us, your actions are definitely showing a distinct lack of desire to return." Twilight looked at Sunset intently. "At some point you're going to have to be honest with yourself Sunset, because right now you're not."

"The truth is I'm scarred to go back and face Celestia. My Celestia was, she was like a second mother to me and I betrayed her. Then basically stole from and tried to kill the other Twilight a mare that is basically my little sister in a sense. She and I had nearly identical upbringing by Celestia. I'm, afraid to face her. What if she is still mad or upset with my actions? Or worse what if she just sweeps away my crimes and forgives me like I had just cheated on a test? I keep looking for reasons to delay but, I do have to go back. At least to face her. What's happened, well, it's not the kind of thing you patch up with a few letters. I mean it could be I'm banished back here for all that I did." explains Sunset

Twilight placed her hand on Sunset's shoulder and smiled. "If Princess Twilight forgave you then Princess Celestia will too, I'm sure of it."

Sonata sniffled "Twilight that was beautiful."

"I think Twilight is right Sunset, Celestia will be hurt and disappointed but she'll forgive you."

"Ugh! Get a room you two." Aria snarked leaving Twilight and Sunset both blushing. "Now I need a shower more than ever." They walk out to find what looked like Ray setting up a hillbilly version of a decontamination shower.

"I hope I can stay clean for longer than two minutes this time." Twilight said bitterly.

Ray waved and started to say "We only got one stall so unless you girls can sho-"

"Me first!" Shouted Adagio as cleared the distance to the shower and changing area with a speed that would impress Rainbow Dash.

"Well at least she can't use up all the hot water because there is none." Quipped Aria folding her arms causing a squish noise from the gunk.

Twilight shuddered upon hearing the noise because it reminded her of how everything she currently did resulted in the same unsettling effect. "I really need to get cleaned up." Twilight said miserably.

"Look at it this way you got a lot of samples." Joked Sunset as Ray pulls some gunk off of her and a full mouse skeleton drops from it.

"Ahhhh!" Twilight screamed and jumped backwards landing on her but. "Ow, that hurts." Twilight whimpered

Aria snickers "Careful or you may hurt your badonkadonk."

"Ha ha, very funny Aria." Twilight shot back while standing up.

After an hour Adagio got out of the shower and called out. "Next!" Aria and Sonata bolted for it, only for Aria to trip Sonata and get in first.

"Cheater!" Shouted Sonata from the ground.

"Maybe if you lost some weight between the ears you would win." Aria shot back.

"You're the one with the fat head and ass, Aria." Said Sonata with a pout.

"I missed their traditional fight over the shower. We were spoiled in that fire house with two shower heads." Said Adagio.

"Adagio our new hq/home here has over a hundred rooms and at least twenty showers and some fifty toilets. This is probably the last time they ever have to fight over it after we clean out the ghosts." Sunset pointed out.

"How could you miss something like that?" questioned Twilight "Sonata's face hit the dirt and now she needs to shower more than ever."

"Some things are family tradition." Said Adagio.

My family has a lot traditions Adagio, none of them involve fighting over anything. That's too negative and doesn't really bring you together." Twilight replied

"You didn't live in a ocean where great white sharks where a minor threat and the smallest dangerous predators that try to eat you." Said Adagio.

Twilight laughed nervously. "No, but that doesn't make such negativity a good thing Adagio."

"Not negativity. Sibling rivalry, and competitiveness. To help survive against larger predators. I mean no offense but human are bite size to us in our natural state." Said Sonata with a smile.

"Not negativity. Sibling rivalry, and competitiveness. To help survive against larger predators. I mean no offense but humans are bite size to us in our natural state." Said Sonata with a smile.

Twilight faceplamed "That's kind of crazy Sonata. Anyway we need to focus on what's going on right now not what has happened in the past." She turned to Sunset. "If you're right about this problem originating in Equestria then the four of you our only real chance because we really don't know what we're dealing with otherwise."

"Actually the worst case is we have to call your twin and the girls from C.H.S to hit it with magical w.m.d,but hopefully that won't be needed. I mean sure Star Swirl used this world as a dumping ground for his enemies, but how many could there be?" Asked Sunset with a shrug.

Adagio facepalms. "Why did you say that?! You know that will bite us in the flank right?"

Twilight groaned "Adagio makes a point Sunset. What of we somehow got that Nightmare Moon you've talked about in the past? I mean I know you said that Princess Luna was purged but what if there is something left and it comes here somehow?" Twilight said slightly frantically.

Sonata shuddered "That would be bad."

"Please like that could happen." She waved her hand. "A pony becomes a nightmare when they fully turn against their true selves and embrace their negative feelings. Like what happened to you at the friendship games and me when I tried to use the element of magic. Nightmares are just the term cause Nightmare Moon was what she called herself or was named, the history books never said, other less famous and renowned examples existed before her. Like the theory that the windagos where once ponies."

"Ok that's way to creepy. So your saying that if old fuzzy face didn't send us here the three of us might have become actual monsters and not just power hungry, mean ponies?" asked Aria

"Yes in simple terms. I was actually more corrupted then you three." said Sunset

As Sonata trotted off to the shower Twilight shook her head. "I'm not so sure Sunset, if this kind of Equestrian born corruption could overtake me so easily then there is no guarantee that some trace of the Nightmare Moon didn't remain and pas through the portal into our world. We need to be open to that possibility no matter how remote."

"I agree with what Twilight says." Said Egon breaking in all of the sudden startling the girls."Sunset we need you to tell us everything you can about this Nightmare Moon so we can try to devise some kind of countermeasure in case Twilight's hypothesis is correct. It may be helpful to have some information about these Windigos as well."

"Nightmare Moon was what Princess Luna became when she refused to lower her moon one morning. Celestia used the elements of harmony to banish her sister for a thousand years. When she returned my worlds Twilight and her new friends awoke the elements and purged the negative feelings and corruption from Luna. The windagos where beasts that fed on hate and conflict and the more of it they had to feed on the colder and worse the blizzards they generate became. They where said to have been sealed in a mountain by Starswirl the bearded. Then later defeated by the magic fire of friendship that was born of the three tribe's coming together. Given I never seen any of this I can only tell the story." said Sunset.

"Interesting." Egon replied in his usual monotone. "The implications of such powers being unleashes on this world are, terrifying to say the least. We'll need to try and devise some kind means of detection beyond the usual I suspect. Also combating such forces would prove to be exceptionally difficult." Egon left to go and consult with Ray while leaving the girls to finish cleaning up and get ready to finish the job of clearing the asylum.

After Sonata was done Sunset offered Twilight the next turn.Twilight went to get cleaned up while thinking about what Sunset had said. And about what the implications would be if such being had been unleashed in their world. It made her shudder with fear.