• Published 7th Nov 2015
  • 3,495 Views, 255 Comments

Letters From Across The Disgruntled Multiverse - MixMassBasher



Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's most prized and faithful student, is being sent to Ponyville to learn about the magic of friendship. And she's not happy about it.

  • ...
20
 255
 3,495

PreviousChapters Next
Little Glimpses by Skijarama: Chapter 13

Letters From Across The Disgruntled Multiverse
by MixMassBasher

Little Glimpses: Chapter 13: Obsessed OR (Insanity)

[Research Notes on Little Flashes: Day One]

Day one of my scientific research. Currently observing for any possible lapses of these little memories or little flashes, as I would like to call them, that keep popping up randomly.

These little flashes have occurred at least twice already for me. One in a dream and another when I was talking to Princess Rainbow's friend, Fluttershee. While the first one is inconclusive, being in a dream, the second little flash implies that they occur when I do something similar to the vision I saw. Could this be a likely explanation why ponies sometimes have a sense of déjà vu? This would be a major breakthrough in science!

One problem, however. I have no fucking clue how to look for the little flashes.

Luckily, I have the aid of my trusty and reliable number one assistant, Smarty Pants! Oh, and Third Wheel was helping, too. What's that, Smart Pants? Yes, you're right! The clock is ticking to finding this scientific breakthrough. The. Clock. Is. Ticking. I just need to keep it together. Hmmm... If I can't find a little flash... I'll have to make a little flash...!


[Research Notes on Little Flashes: Day Two]

Another little flash!

My first hypothesis has been proven correct! The vision I saw in my little flash was an older me who looked rather stir crazy. She was muttering the exact same things I said about how the clock is ticking but she mentions having to submit a friendship letter. Whatever the fuck that is. Then adult me, whom I shall call mega-me, started talking to Smarty Pants.

There's no way that'll be me in the future... right?

What if these flashes are visions of my own future? Does this mean that I'm destined to become a crazy adult that obsess over dolls!?

Nope. No way. Not happening!

There has to be something I can do to prevent it! Doing things didn't work and not doing things didn't work either because these flashes happen regardless. I can't predict the future. So, I only have one other choice. Monitor everything.


[Research Notes on Little Flashes: Day Three]

Yet another little flash!

This time, I had all these charts everywhere, trying to record some weird phenomenon. These little flashes perhaps? But why do I have these occurring a lot these past few days? And why me? Does it have something to do with that dream I had? What. Is. Going. On!

This shit started when I had that dream... I know! Maybe if I don't sleep these flashes will disappear. It's bound to work!

-Twilight Sparkle


"Okay, its midnight. Still no occurrences of these strange flashes," Twilight Sparkle said to herself. Spike was fast asleep in his basket, his snores the only noise present in the bedroom.

It was then that a large blue box crashed landed into her room, causing Twilight to immediately duck and cover. Twilight peaked out from her cover to see the doors of the strange blue box opening with smoke coming out of it. Twilight did the only sensible thing little fillies do and ran out of her room, screaming. From inside the blue box, a blue stallion stepped out, inspecting the wreckage.

"Tick Tock. Where are we now?" yelled a green mare inside.

"Not important, Lyra. The Tardis only crash landed somewhere. Nopony hurt thankfully. It probably needs a few adjustments. Now if I pull this lever and push this button..." Tick Tock started muttering as he trotted back inside, the doors closing behind him.

Soon, there was a slight breeze and then there was a sound, like a key being dragged over a piano wire, before the blue box disappeared, leaving behind a snoring Spike, who merely shifted in his bed before comfortably going back to dreaming of this pretty white filly he didn't recognize.


Twilight was huffing and puffing as she ran down the corridors. Afraid of whatever it was she saw crash land in her bedroom. She had no destination in mind. Only forward. It was then that the little filly collided into something.

"Awww, aren't you the most ADORABLE little thing. I'm gonna snuggle you!" a voice said with utter delight. Twilight was soon scoped up in the warm embrace of some large mare.

Looking up, Twilight came face to face with a changeling queen.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Twilight shouted, teleporting away somewhere, leaving behind a very disappointed Queen Chrysalis.

"Awwww... Oh well!" Queen Chrysalis uttered. Looking to her left, Queen Chrysalis gasped.

"Get your hooves off Fluffle Puff, Chryssi! I'm gonna snuggle her!" Queen Chrysalis yelled, running off.


Twilight teleported herself a safe distance away from the changeling. A changeling! A changeling had somehow breached the castle! She had to warn somepony!

Running around the corner, Twilight reached the bedchambers of Princess Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow! It's an emergency! Changelings have infiltrated the... AHHHHH! CHANGELING!" Twilight screamed before teleporting away, leaving behind a confused Rainbow Dash.

"What's up with her?" Princess Rainbow Dash asked her changeling companion.

"Beats me." replied changeling Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight's teleportation led her to the basement of the castle. The dark and grim atmosphere not doing any favors to calm the scared filly. The nervous Twilight only made two steps before coming across an odd sight.

"Why is there a death altar in the basement!" Twilight yelled, whether in fear or exasperation, none can say.

"Oh. My. Celestia!" a loud voice gasped from behind Twilight.

Twilight barely had time to turn behind her before a grey blur rushed past her that began hugging the death altar in front of her.

"Best. Altar. EVER! Ooh! Just look at it! The exterior is made of polished granite! Ooh! And obsidian for the interior! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! And the base is made of pure grey marble! Ooh~! So fancy! This is the bestest greatest thing! I love it!" the grey mare, with a poofy purple mane, yammered on and on.

Twilight paid the mare no mind are she was soon running up the stairs, far away from the crazy mare obsessing over the stone that make up that creepy death altar.


Twilight was currently hiding under the dining room table in the fetal position, rocking back and forth very slowly.

"They are not real! They are only hallucinations. I'm not going insane..." Twilight quietly reassured herself.

"Nyeh... Yes you are, doc." replied Twiggles the Bunny, munching on a carrot before hopping away.

Twilight's eye twitch before she let out a bloodcurdling scream.


[Research Notes on Little Flashes: Day Four]

I. Am. Not. Doing. That. Again.

Perhaps I shouldn't have drank that cup of coffee that I condensed the essence of one hundred coffees into. And perhaps I should've had a lantern or canisters of oil to keep me from going insane while running in the dark.

Honestly, I'm not sure if what happened last night was real or a hallucination. Maybe I somehow started some weird ancient pagan ritual that only happens around midnight. Nah. It couldn't be. I'm sure I didn't write my name in my own blood. Only ink.

That could have gone better... Whelp! Back to square one. Oh well. At least I still have my research notes...

NO!!!! Celestia dammit! The ink spilled everywhere! Four days of research... gone! All my notes are ruined! It's all Third Wheel's fault! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

-Twilight Sparkle


Dear Diary,

It was nice to hang out with Fluttershy again. Too bad it had to end so soon despite her extended stay here.

I mean, seriously, it's like there was a random time skip because there are holes in the time stream.

...

Great! I'm starting to sound like an egghead! I definitely need to spend more time with Fluttershy than Twilight.

Speaking of Twilight, Fluttershy should really teach me how to be so kind and caring so I can tolerate Twilight's bitchiness on a daily basis. For instance, Fluttershy's so nice that she doesn't have the heart to call the general populace of Canterlot absolute assholes.

Then Third Wheel comes running in, crying about Twilight yelling at him. (No surprise there.) Actually, now that I think about it... what was mom thinking putting the responsibilities of caring for a baby dragon to a filly to begin with!?!

Well, anyway, it soon became my job to get Twilight out of Sci-Twi mode. Thankfully, Third Wheel said that Twilight was just researching in her room instead of what she normally does behind bedroom doors, otherwise I'd be scarred for life. I was prepared to dress down Twilight for her shenanigans, but Fluttershy beat me to it, and boy was she mad. She managed to convince Twilight of all ponies to cut the crap and apologize. By Mom, I wouldn't be surprised if she could dress down a dragon someday.

She was even nice to Twilight and invited her to visit Cloudsdale! Seriously how does she do it!?! It's like kindness was her element.

Your surprised princess,
Rainbow Dash

Author's Note:

That was a lot of fun to write. To those of you that don't know. The midnight scene has nods to some stories in the Idiocyverse. A group made by Tom117z and Skijaramaz


See Original Story Here

See Chapter Here

Check Out The Author Here


Please Keep in mind that this Fimfiction is not an attack on the Author or His Work. I actually like his story and this letter is done just for the laughs.

Appreciate every like, comment and follow and please tell more people about this story as I always appreciate feedback like what made you laugh and what I can do to improve on as a growing writer. :scootangel:

Try to spot all the references where it be from the show itself or from other media:rainbowlaugh:.

Also,

https://derpibooru.org/1590642?q=duo

PreviousChapters Next