• Published 31st May 2015
  • 407 Views, 21 Comments

Shadows in the dark - Forest Shade



After discovering she has a family, Forest Shade is so excited. But when she discovers who her parents are, she's not so certain anymore.

  • ...
2
 21
 407

In the depths of the Forest 4 4

Forestia galloped as fast as she could back to the streets. She cried, but only a little, for her filly and colt friends were hugging tight to her. "So little, but so sweet." she murmured. One, Cleanspring, was busy finding a suitable blanket for her. Sniffling, she squeezed them, and tucked each one in. She settled next to Cleanspring, and read him a story. The next morning, she wandered by chance into the Everfree Forest, and found Zecora, a polite, rhyming zebra. Zecora understood many things, and told her, " You I cannot blame Forest Shade, but remember the promises you made."

"P-promises? Oh, I remember, the one about always being faithful to my family, even if they are villains?" She nodded. "But, they are going to make me a villain! I can't you know say to my homeland, " Sorry everypony, but my family members are villains, and me, so we will dominate you!! No. I can't." "Listen up, little pup," (Forestia giggled) " If you truly love them, return to..." She was clearly disappointed that she couldn't find fitting rhyme. " Return? Zecora, you're crazy, but I'll... I'll consider it. For you, and Equestria, anyway." She thanked her and walked out, ears drooped. As she walked through the forest, her heart was as black as night.


She didn't mind her eye shadows, as Nightmare Mom as she called her, called them, nor her evilness, not anymore.

At least the shade fitted, right? The last shred of kindness thought, trying to make a bright side, like she always did. At last, it dwindled out.