• Published 29th May 2015
  • 39,234 Views, 2,496 Comments

Undead Robot Bug Crusaders - Banjo64



Scootaloo has a secret. So do Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. What happens when the truth comes out?

  • ...
37
 2,496
 39,234

Chapter 7.5: Later that Evening...

“Kazi…” grumbled Bear Bone through his hooves.

“Hey, I never said it was going to be easy, just that we’ve dealt with worse. And do you honestly think this thing’s a real threat?” replied Kamikazi.

“No, but I still think this is a sign that we should have gone the long way,” said Bear Bone as he looked at their opponent: a talking tree.

“Mwahahaha! Bow before the mighty LOG!” cried the tree.

“What is it with all the weird trees we run into anyway? I mean, first there was that orange tree with a monkey twice as big as it was, then that one that was next to an oasis but was somehow dying of thirst, then it was the giant tree big enough to hold a wonderbolt show inside,” complained Kamikazi.

“All shall know of my awesome might and cower in fear!” cried the tree.

“I don’t know, Kazi. And really, you can’t stay mad at the one from the oasis. It really wasn’t its fault. Trees don’t exactly have brains, you know,” said Bear Bone.

“Well, that probably explains this guy, at least,” said Kamikazi with a smirk.

“Hey! Stop ignoring the mighty LOG!” cried the tree.

Bear Bone and Kamikazi sighed.

“Right, sorry. So, Mr. Log, what exactly are you planning to do with us?” asked Bear Bone.

“I am the mighty LOG, not Log! For too long you stupid ponies have been slaying my brethren! For this, you shall pay!” cried the tree.

“Uh huh, sure. It not like we grow more of you as well or anything. But tell us, how exactly are we going to pay?” asked Kamikazi with an eye roll.

“I shall raise a mighty army of trees, and we shall march on to conquer your nations for ourselves!” cried the tree.

Bear Bone and Kamikazi shared an awkward look.

“Er… Mr. Log? How exactly do trees march?” asked Bear Bone as politely as he could manage.

“Again, I am LOG! And it is simple! You two pitiful ponies shall craft mighty vessels for us to traverse the lands that are rightfully ours!” cried the tree.

“And how exactly are we supposed to build anything in the middle of the Everfree forest?” asked Kamikazi.

“With wood, of course!” cried the tree.

Bear Bone and Kamikazi facehooved.

“Ok, this thing is now officially in the top ten dumbest creatures we’ve ever run into,” groaned Kamikazi.

“Mr. Log, I for one am all for a (*cough* non-violent *cough*) pro-environmental movement, but doesn’t your plan basically call for more of what you’re trying to stop?” asked Bear Bone.

“How many times must I tell you, I am LOG! And sacrifices must be made in the pursuit of justice!” cried the tree.

Bear Bone shook his head.

“Alright, I tried. It’s clear that there’s no way to reason with this tree, but I’m not sure if we should destroy it or not. We should probably stop it from causing trouble, but this is just really sad,” said Bear Bone said with a sigh.

“It’s saying it’s going to conquer Equestria, destroying it would probably be a mercy kill more than anything, and most importantly of all, it’s annoying me. I’m blowing it up,” announced Kamikazi as she tossed out a fire bomb.

BOOM!

“Ahhhh! Curse you ponies! My brethren shall avenge me!!” cried the tree as it burned.

“Bark no! It’s about time someone shut you up, Log!” called a voice from nearby.

“I... am... LOG!!!!” cried the tree before it burned away to ash.

There were several cheers from nearby trees.

“Thank you, kind travelers for removing that utter waste of soil! Here, take this golden acorn as a reward, one of them declared.

Bear Bone and Kamikazi looked around in disbelief, then at their newest piece of treasure, and then towards each other.

“Take the acorn, move on, and forget this ever happened?” suggested Bear Bone.

“Nah, I’m definitely putting this one in the adventure log. Why would we want to forget the time we managed to help nature by burning down a tree?” said Kamikazi with a smirk.

Author's Note:

This is just a cute little plot bunny that bit me the other day, so I decided to share it. If any more show up, I'll have to write a proper spin-off.

Well, that and I realize this story's been a bit exposition heavy lately. I promise after the hive visit we'll get back to the slice of life stuff.