• Published 28th May 2015
  • 2,628 Views, 37 Comments

Ciderholic - twilightsparkle3562



Rainbow Dash turns to an Alcoholic Cider for comfort following Tank's hibernation

  • ...
13
 37
 2,628

Filled With Disgrace

Chapter 3

"Filled With Disgrace"

Rainbow Dash continued to huddle in her room shaking like a leaf, determined to not part with the false friend that she had made. With Tank in hibernation, the liquor she had was all she had. Hearing the door break down, Rainbow heard a series of loud hoofbeats charging around the house. Finally, two wonderbolt officers barged into the room and grabbed Rainbow Dash by her wings. Struggling to move, Rainbow eventually gave up as her idol and superior stepped forward, her face filled with disappointment.

"Rainbow Dash," she said, crossly. "You are under arrest for conduct unbecoming to a Wonderbolt. Get her out of here."

Rainbow Dash struggled once more as she was led out of her room. A few moments later, she ended up in front of Spitfire's office with her hooves shackled together. The captain of the wonderbolts stood in front of her desk with her sunglasses slowly pulled off. Rainbow Dash tried her hardest to not cry, but now it seemed like her secret had come out without her saying anything.

"Rainbow Dash, I am extremely disappointed in you," she said, glaring at Rainbow Dash in the face. "Do you know of the extent of the damage you have caused to Cloudsdale? The ponies that you could have hurt? I want to know the truth and I want to know right now!"

Taking in a heavy sigh, Rainbow Dash looked back up at her superior and trying not to cry, began to explain her reasoning.

"Spitfire, ma'am," she began. "Have you ever had a pet that you loved so much that you never wanted to part with it?"

Spitfire nodded her head back and forth, meaning that she didn't and Rainbow Dash continued to hold back her tears.

"Well," she continued. "Everything I did was so I could keep my pet tortoise from hibernating. I thought that with Tank gone, I wouldn't have anyone to talk about my problems to. So, I decided to stop winter from coming by sabotaging the weather factory."

Spitfire was stunned by all this and her mouth dropped in shock at what was just heard. This was the pony who inspired her to be a better Wonderbolt and who showed her that Lightning Dust was being reckless at the academy and now, she was doing all of this childish behavior before her very eyes.

"So, you sabotaged the weather factory and risked the lives of so many ponies just to keep your turtle from hibernating?" asked Spitfire.

"Yes, ma'am," replied Rainbow Dash, sadly. "That was my reason for what I have done."

"Hmm," pondered Spitfire, who now had to consider her options on what to do with Rainbow Dash. Yes, Rainbow Dash was an inspiration to her, but at the same time, she put ponies in harm and sabotaged a source of what makes Cloudsdale what it was. This put her in a tough position, however Rainbow Dash knew that she had to take whatever punishment came her way.

"So, ma'am, if you are going to kick me out of the Wonderbolts," said Rainbow Dash. "Then, please, I will give you back my leader badge that you took from Lightning Dust and walk out of your office, never to see you again."

Spitfire took in a heavy sigh, looked down at her desk and then looked back up at Rainbow Dash with a disappointed look on her face.

"What are you talking about, Rainbow Dash?" she asked. "I will say this to you: this is the first time you have dishonored the code of what being a Wonderbolt truly is. Since this is your first time, I will let you off with just a warning for your actions and you are assigned to dishwashing duty for the next two weeks."

Rainbow Dash took in a heavy sigh, knowing that she had been spared the agony of losing her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt. But, there was still another matter that needed to be attended to and it was something that Rainbow Dash wasn't going to like hearing.

"There is something else I need to discuss with you, Rainbow Dash," she said, firmly. "It's about what we found in your bedroom that worries me."

"So, you know now," replied Rainbow Dash, meekly and rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment. "You know what I have been doing."

"Yes," said Spitfire. "It's come to my understanding that your friends have told me that you are consuming a dangerous practice that is not only dangerous to you, but to those around you."

Spitfire then reached into her desk and pulled out a large paper bag, pulling it out to reveal the empty bottle that Rainbow Dash had possessed. Spitfire then slammed the bottle down on her desk so hard that it nearly broke.

"Why would you do something so stupid, Rainbow Dash?" shouted Spitfire. "You know better than to do something like this. Your friends and Princess Twilight love and admire you for who you are. Yes, I know its hard to let a pet hibernate for the winter, but it's the way that it is."

The sounds of Spitfire's raised voice made Rainbow Dash feel more and more like an idiot. She knew that what her friends had been trying to say to her was being spoken to her now by Spitfire, her fillyhood idol.

"When I saw you acting strange today," replied Spitfire. "I knew you were in trouble and the only one who put you in trouble was yourself. Your friends were so concerned that I had no other choice but to arrest you in an effort to keep you from hiding."

At that moment, Spitfire nodded and the guardsponies opened the door to her office and Twilight and the other ponies walked into the office and surrounded Rainbow Dash. The blue Pegasus took an enormous gulp and began to think to herself what was going to happen next.

"They want to say what they want to say, Rainbow Dash," said Spitfire, placing her hooves on the desk. "And you are going to listen to what they wanted to say to you."