• Published 28th May 2015
  • 2,627 Views, 37 Comments

Ciderholic - twilightsparkle3562



Rainbow Dash turns to an Alcoholic Cider for comfort following Tank's hibernation

  • ...
13
 37
 2,627

Demanding Answers

Chapter 2

"Demanding Answers"

"Come on, Twilight! We need answers!" cried all the ponies.

For the first time in her life, Twilight was at a loss for words. She didn't know how to approach the situation and the way things were going, she knew in order for Rainbow Dash to reveal the truth, she needed to ask her what was on her mind. Once Rainbow Dash had calmed down, Twilight and the other ponies nervously trotted into the throne room and faced the blue Pegasus, still groggy and the smell of bad alcohol came from her mouth.

"P.U., what's that smell?" remarked Rarity, pinching on her nose. "That is positively revolting!"

"Indeed," added Pinkie Pie, producing a gas mask. "Rainbow Dash, you need breath mints."

Rainbow Dash laughed nervously at this remark that Pinkie Pie and Rarity had made. In fact, she knew what she was doing was stupid, but Rainbow Dash didn't want to release the truth. Twilight took a deep breath and approached Rainbow Dash in a cautious manner.

"Rainbow Dash, we need to talk," said Twilight, firmly. "Spitfire was looking for you and the way you acted in front of her made us wonder that you are hiding something from us. Care to tell us what it is?"

"Has it been that obvious, guys?" sighed Rainbow Dash, sadly. "I miss Tank and I wish he was back here with me."

"Darn it, Rainbow Dash!" cried Applejack, growing frustrated. "Why can't you just let Tank rest for the winter? He made his choice for corn's sake! You'll see him in a few months."

A small tear came down Rainbow's face and she looked around nervously at the ponies that had surrounded her. It seemed clear that Rainbow Dash was not going to be trusted in any way and that's all there was to it.

"Actually, Rainbow Dash," said Twilight. "The way you acted has raised a pretty important question to us. Did you have anything to drink?"

"Drink?" laughed Rainbow Dash, nervously. "What do you think I was drinking? I was just drinking normal cider, that's all."

"You call this normal?" remarked Pinkie Pie, holding out a bottle of alcoholic cider. "I just took a sniff and it seemed like anything but normal cider."

A loud gasp came from Rainbow Dash's mouth as she knew that her secret had come out and could see the ponies starting to gang up on her. Applejack snatched the bottle from Pinkie's hoof and stormed over to Rainbow shoving the bottle into her face.

"Rainbow, you lied to us!" snapped Applejack. "This is the Flim Flam Brothers' new alcoholic cider. This stuff is bad for you and you know better than to lie to us like that."

"Indeed," added Rarity, raising her voice slightly. "How could you do something so revolting and wrong? I have a rule that if anyone drinks alcohol while in my shop, I send them out. I'd much rather have you acting like a normal pony instead of someone who looks like they came off the streets."

The more criticism that was being said, the more uncomfortable Rainbow Dash was becoming. She then took in a heavy sigh and a foul smell of alcohol came from her mouth.

"What did you do that for?" cried Pinkie Pie, trying to fan away the stench. "I've got breath mints all over Equestria and I've been meaning to give you one."

Rainbow Dash had enough with the remarks and the line of questioning and was now reaching her breaking point.

"Stop it! Stop it!" shouted Rainbow Dash at the top of her lungs. "This isn't your business, so why are you doing this to me?"

"We are doing it because we care Rainbow Dash," snapped Twilight. "I don't know what is wrong with you, but I can tell that you are still upset over Tank. But, there are better ways to cope with situations than just drinking cider."

"What?" huffed Rainbow Dash, looking away from her friends. "If you can tell me your way of coping, then just go away and leave me alone."

But, Twilight and the other ponies didn't move and continued to stare down at Rainbow Dash with a heavy glare from their eyes. It was clear that they were not going to be leaving at any time, not until they would find out the truth.

"We are not leaving," said Fluttershy, firmly. "You need to change your ways, Rainbow Dash and I'm sorry, but it is the truth."

Hearing Fluttershy sound firm again sent a chill down Rainbow Dash's spine and rather than facing her fears and her problems, the blue Pegasus jumped into the air and flew through the window, breaking it into pieces.

"I can't believe this," sighed Twilight. "We try to tell Rainbow Dash that what she is doing is unhealthy and this is how she acts in front of us."

"Maybe we'd better leave her alone," suggested Rarity. "Give her a moment to calm down and realize that what she is doing is wrong."

"I don't know if we can," said Twilight. "But we can't let Rainbow Dash hurt herself like this. She needs to realize that we are trying to help her and not take things personally. We just have to give her time."

The rest of the ponies continue to ponder the outcome as well as try to find out how to get Rainbow Dash to open to her grief without getting angry or defensive.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash had flown back to her Cloudsdale home and slammed the door of her bedroom. Next, she went under her bed and pulled out another bottle of cider.

"Flim Flam Cider," she said to the bottle. "You are my one true friend and I will let nopony take you away from me."

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash was hearing a loud knock at the door and tried to hide away the bottle, but not before taking another slug.

"Rainbow Dash!" shouted the voice. "Open the door! You are under arrest in the name of the Wonderbolts!"

All Rainbow Dash could do was squirm in fear, fearing of the consequences that she was about to receive as a result of her behavior. However, it was all for a good reason, if only Rainbow Dash would understand why…