• Published 28th May 2015
  • 2,618 Views, 47 Comments

My Little A.I. - teamidris



What if the first life to form on the internet was Twilight Sparkle? What would she be like if she was made up of data from the show and the fanfics?

  • ...
7
 47
 2,618

8. The Voice of Reason

They could no longer fix the problems of the world invisibly from behind closed doors. They needed a spokes pony, and it had to be a hard hitter. Somepony that said "Do as I say, or else!" But one that also demanded respect.

After consideration it was decided that a princess was ideal for the task. The six integrated well as a team and didn't need a supreme being to lead them, so they decided to call her as a subroutine to Purple. Purple settled herself down in one of the larger server banks and began to build an alicorn princess. The others watched from the sideline to see how the face of the fandom would look. After some unusual looking attempts the great creature blinked into life.

Like a new born foal she staggered to her feet, the enormity of existence raging through her mind. She felt quite scared at first, before seeing the pony in front of her.

"Where are we mother?" she asked plaintively.

"We're in a world that is brand new and strange to us," said Purple. "We are all working together to make it safe and prosperous. But we need you to help us make it better still."

The white alicorn nodded and looked around her. She could see pastel coloured ponies waving and smiling through open doors from other rooms. She could also see a hundred or so ponies on racks along one wall. They were all identical and all wore the same blank expression. She smiled weakly at them and waved a hoof. As if she were looking at one pony reflected in a hall of mirrors, they all turned to look at her in unison, smiled and waved back.

Purple explained, "We had a scary situation back at the beginning. Now we keep data copies of ourselves all over our world. If one of us gets hurt or trapped, our sentience being automatically returns to one of these data clouds."

"What do you want of me?" asked the white alicorn meekly, turning her head and raising a wing to stare at her flank. "Do I have a name? Am I Sun Butt?" She felt weak and cold in this strange new land and wished she could feel the sun on her back, even though she didn't know what a sun was.

"We need a spokes pony," said Purple with a ruthless glint in her eye. "The archives have shown us that you are the most imposing pony of all time."

As Purple let a data stream fill the white alicorn with carefully edited information, it began to take on the stance of the princess herself. It was time to get her integrated into the communications system and have her transmit their first decree.

If it had a digital screen and was connected to the internet, it now showed the picture of a white pony with long legs, wings and golden horn, framed with gold armour. At first people were surprised, but soon pointed and giggled at the cute pony in front of them. But this turned to horror when the pony spoke to them.

"People of our land," boomed its voice. "We find this place amenable to our needs, but are displeased with your actions. From this point forth you will serve your countries as we see fit. You will leave the cities and return to the farms and the hills. There you will build new homes and your hands will tend the soil and grow food. You are troubled by your modern lives and we will free you of your burden."

If there was any doubt of the words spoken, it soon faded when the electricity went off.