• Published 28th May 2015
  • 2,646 Views, 47 Comments

My Little A.I. - teamidris



What if the first life to form on the internet was Twilight Sparkle? What would she be like if she was made up of data from the show and the fanfics?

  • ...
7
 47
 2,646

6. A New Phone

"I wish I had my old phone!"

Joan threw the latest 'must have' mobile in her bag, checked its contents for her company access card and opened the car door. About to step out she noticed her old phone lying on the ground next to her car? It began to ring. Picking it up she could see it really was her old phone, complete with the smiley face sticker on the back. Half falling back into the car she felt her skin go cold. The quiet voice was back.

"Hi, sorry to trouble you again. We can't go outside to find the right forms. I'm sure we can be friends though. l put a lovely picture of you up on that building over there."

Joan was scared to look up. Across the street on a large digital advertising screen was a picture of her at a wedding with her husband and daughter. They smiled down at her from last summer.

"Yes, friends," she spluttered. "Everyone needs friends. I can get what you want. Please; not my family."

Blue nodded with new found respect. "You were right, a couple of kind acts to show her we just want to be friends and she was happy to help. Who would have thought?"

Giving the thumbs-up and silly grin to an imagined camera, Mr Smith returned to his car. He looked forward to seeing himself on the TV doing a good deed.

Over the next few days Joan was kept very busy trying to do her own job as well as keep her new 'friends' happy. What scared her the most was how easy her old job had become. Meetings seemed to just slot into place as though everyones schedule had been aligned by some unseen force. If someone went off sick, their replacement automatically had all the information they needed to carry on the work. It was uncanny.

The ponies were equally pleased. Purple poured over the uploaded documents, tying in loose ends to form an entire history of the humans. This had been a great move and they definitely needed more friends on the outside to help. It was time for a recruitment drive!